FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

Only have about 45 minutes in on the Mustangs, and that is a quick tune on each. Have a base lap to start from with each but I am 90% sure I have picked the one I will use, it ran a 1:18.181 and I believe there is a little more for me after watching Legits crash.

I do need to paint it though, currently has white stripes:dopey:.
who has the lowest target time for the mustangs so far?

If your goal is to use about half the parts than 625 is a good target range, if a super charger is used than it's about half the parts at race/stage 3, if no super charger is used than it's all the parts at race/stage 3, 615 would force use of about half the parts at level 1 or 2 or just a super charger and one or two others, 600 would force use of only a couple of upgrades or just the super charger with about 5% PL use.

In terms of top speed on Daytona RC, Definitions Back; Exit of infield to chicane. Front; chicane exit to T1. Infield; Hairpin 1 to Left hander.
625 Back 330 km/h / 205 mph Front 341 km/h / 211 mph Infield 234 km/h 142 mpn
650 Back 350 km/h / 217 mph Front 359 km/h / 223 mph Infield 239 km/h / 148 mph

Just helped the testers driver your car faster too ya know, and if your tuned to handle the curb hits than you will be faster....;) as you pointed out that's the fastest around the track so any tuner that posting low times has probability figured that out too........maybe :nervous:, I did, I noticed I could exit at 88-95 km/h vrs 70-75 km/h from turn three making about a 2 tenths difference in sector one. 👍
Have you tried yet what I described for the last turn? I believe the most time is gained or lost in the first and final turns. You can make up a little in the esses but easier to lose it over shooting the final. Try it and see if it works for you, or if it's just me.

@fourevaboostin , @ImToLegitToQuit said he was in the midst of a 1:17 lap, who knows, too early.

Have you tried yet what I described for the last turn? I believe the most time is gained or lost in the first and final turns. You can make up a little in the esses but easier to lose it over shooting the final. Try it and see if it works for you, or if it's just me.

@fourevaboostin , @ImToLegitToQuit said he was in the midst of a 1:17 lap, who knows, too early.
I'm actually high 16's now but according to the motegi times, I think I'm just a little bit better driver (not gloating). So I wouldn't try to aim for my times. My base lap that cemented my car choice was a high 17. So if you've taken a second from your base lap then you are on the right track 👍

Yep been doing that too, my time loses are coming in the sweeping left hander and wall taps.

I'm actually high 16's now but according to the motegi times, I think I'm just a little bit better driver (not gloating). So I wouldn't try to aim for my times. My base lap that cemented my car choice was a high 17. So if you've taken a second from your base lap then you are on the right track 👍
good to know 👍

Well, with the deadline further out for the GT40, I think a change this early is acceptable for the tuners. My question is more for the test drivers. Will this class be a more enjoyable experience at 600PP for them? What I usually aim for are PP levels that land about in the middle of the performance parts. If you are putting on about half of the parts, then I have done it right. In this case, I may have aimed too high.
As a tester for the GT class, but not a tuner. I will build a quick one at 650pp and report back............👍

Last edited:
Well, with the deadline further out for the GT40, I think a change this early is acceptable for the tuners. My question is more for the test drivers. Will this class be a more enjoyable experience at 600PP for them? What I usually aim for are PP levels that land about in the middle of the performance parts. If you are putting on about half of the parts, then I have done it right. In this case, I may have aimed too high.
Looking at the testers who are currently signed up for the GT40, I think those boys share the same philosophy as me...we'll drive the wheels off of anything we get the keys too!:lol: If the Miatas in the mountains didn't scare us away, nothing will. Due to me not even getting in a GT40 yet, I couldn't say if it's too much, but I agree with the installing half of the available parts. That gives all sorts of variations with parts that alter torque and RPM's, that's a great way to set a challenge. Since @brian wolf is doing a quick test, put me down to go along with his vote.

@Motor City Hami 650PP is pretty much maxed out and great fun!! But doesn`t leave a lot of scope for differing power tuning. Any drivability problems I had came from unfamiliar racing tyres and rusty track knowledge!

If you want the PP to be using half the tuning parts then its 625PP.

My 2p is that 625PP will give more scope for tuners to "work their magic" and will be only bit less bonkers! :cheers:👍

@Motor City Hami 650PP is pretty much maxed out and great fun!! But doesn`t leave a lot of scope for differing power tuning. Any drivability problems I had came from unfamiliar racing tyres and rusty track knowledge!

If you want the PP to be using half the tuning parts then its 625PP.

My 2p is that 625PP will give more scope for tuners to "work their magic" and will be only bit less bonkers! :cheers:👍

Thank you Brian. If anyone else has thoughts, please share them by 10 pm EST tonight. I will build one tonight and make a decision.

Well at 650PP, the GT competition mostly comes down to setup, not vehicle or HP parts selection. This is what tuning is about for me.

The contest will only be terrible if all the tunes entered are bad tunes or if there aren't any testers that can drive any of the tunes.

Maybe with a smaller reduction in PP, there would become some options to try high HP tunes with ballast.

FITT players are absolutely awesome! Look at the feedback. "I think this --------, but whatever we do is fine. There is not a better community anywhere in the video game world. :cheers:
My 2 cents if I may, tentative tester for this class, because I feel my weakness is MR cars. If I can test, and I am hoping too, will test whatever you throw out there. May not be the fastest, but will always do my best to give each tune the best shot possible.
Thank you.

FORD FOCUS ST '06
FITT Ford Challenges

BEST LAP 1:01,826
Specifications
Performance Points:
450 PP
Max. Power:
256 HP
Weight:
1206 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
5842 / -5742
Displacement:
2521 cc
Max. Torque:
278 ft-lb
Drivetrain:
FF
Game Version:
Controller Type:
Steering Wheel
Tires
Tires (Front):
Comfort: Soft
Tires (Rear):
Sports: Hard
Parts & Modifications
Aero Kit:
Type A
Wheel Size:
+1
Suspension Kit:
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission:
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Clutch:
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine:
Stage 1
Exhaust:
Sports Exhaust
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Other Parts:

• Racing Brake Kit
    • Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
    • Isometric Exhaust Manifold
    • Catalytic Converter: Sports
Suspension
Ride Height (F/R):
92 / 85
Spring Rate (F/R):
6.32 / 9.68
Dampers - Comp. (F/R):
3 / 2
Dampers - Ext. (F/R):
2 / 3
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):
6 / 1
Camber Angle (F/R):
0.0 / 0.6
Toe Angle (F/R):
-0.43 / 0.53
Brake Balance (F/R):
2 / 10
Transmission
Max. Speed:
250 kph
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
6th Gear:
Final Gear:
Drivetrain
Initial Torque (F/R):
08 / 00
Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):
09 / 00
Braking Sensitivity (F/R):
11 / 00
Power
Power Limiter:
92.2%
Body
Ballast Weight:
20 kg
Ballast Position:
50%
Driving Aids
ABS Level:

Last edited:
As I couldn't take part in the last FITT challenge, I'll have a go at this one. I'll be entering as a Tuner for the Mustang category.

Has anyone tuned the Mustang V8 GT Coupe '07 yet...if so what sort of times are you getting on Big Willow...:cheers:

I made a quick tune for each of the 3 Mustangs and spent about 15-20 minutes with them individually. Can not seem to get rid of all of the corner entry understeer with the V8 GT Coupe, and just missed out on the 1:17's. With the other two cars I was in the high 15's and low 16's consistently.

As I couldn't take part in the last FITT challenge, I'll have a go at this one. I'll be entering as a Tuner for the Mustang category.

I made a quick tune for each of the 3 Mustangs and spent about 15-20 minutes with them individually. Can not seem to get rid of all of the corner entry understeer with the V8 GT Coupe, and just missed out on the 1:17's. With the other two cars I was in the high 15's and low 16's consistently.

Very nice times indeed...well done..With those times Lewis....i might as well park my Mustang back in my garage then....lol...:D

There are two big turns for time, turn 3 the heavily banked left hander up hill and the final turn, get them right and you can take 2+ seconds off your time.

Your'e right....it's that last corner that i keep mucking up......i'm ok on entry and mid corner all the way though the Apex until you start to decelerate for the last bit on exiting..it really is a weird shaped corner....you do lose a lot of time if you mess this bit up....:banghead:

Last edited:
Ford Mustang Challenge

15303919822_8ca3e7da25_z.jpg

I wanted limited car choices across the classes. The Focus Challenge puts two fantastic and affordable cars against each other, head-to-head. The Ford GT Challenge holds everyone to one choice. For this Mustang Challenge, I wanted to open up the field just a little bit. There are three choices. The difficult part about this challenge will be deciding which to choose. Do you choose the high HP rating of the Shelby and carry all of that extra weight? Or do you pick the handling capability of the Boss 302? Or do you try the 2007 Coupe, which is a bit of a wild card; pretty good across the board, but not really great at any one thing? It will be interesting to see the choices.

15117727207_11ed44748d_z.jpg

Eligible Cars:
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
2013 Mustang Boss 302
2007 Mustang V8 GT Coupe

15117573090_7a4a8f0fbc_z.jpg

Track: Willow Springs Big Willow 2.46 miles
The rationale for this track selection was to take American Muscle to an American track that would allow for some medium speed and high speed sections with a only handful of tight, twisty bits. If you would like to grind for cash while you tune for this event, try the International B event Tour of America: Race 1

Allowed Parts:
550 PP
Sport Soft Tires
All tuning parts not on the banned are list allowed

Banned Parts:
No Oil Changes
No Body Rigidity
No Engine Overhaul
No Flat Floors
No Nitrous Oxide

Scoring:
Lap time and driver’s choice as separate podiums. See scoring points method in post #7.

Deadlines:
Tunes are due Tuesday, October 7th at midnight, wherever midnight is in your part of the planet. I tend to wake up around 6:30 am Eastern Standard Time so pretty much have your tune posted before I get to the computer on Wednesday morning.

Test driver results are due Sunday, October 19th at midnight, wherever midnight is in your part of the planet. Testing is to be done in time trial mode using ABS 1 and grip reduction set to real. Please post your results and feedback within this forum.

Is it still Cool to put me in for the Mustang Challenge as a tuner...Please.... I didn't see my name above...Cheers.

I'm gonna be up tonight since I have to kill time alone (my wedding is tomorrow and the mrs is staying at here parents) so I'm going to treat it the gt like its a unlimited and say screw it... 650PP it is
have fun with the car but don't stay up too late don't want to look like a zombie at your wedding :lol: Congratulations, enjoy it, live it love her, and don't go to bed angry. ;)

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I hope it all goes well for you. Enjoy every part of your wedding day because it seems to fly by.
Indeed the day does, my wife and I eloped *over zelious mother on my side and a statement that most of family would not attend as it was not a Catholic/Baptist/Protestant/etc wedding*, and that weekend is a blur, feel like it was only a day not a week.

Yeah, because the next fourteen+ years seem to drag on forever! :lol::dopey:
Not there yet only 6 years in, but things are getting long already, the kids keep it interesting tho. Never know whey they are going to do :lol:

Man i'm beat 6 hours at a play ground in 80+ degree heat with little shade. I should have my focus tune in the next day or so.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I hope it all goes well for you. Enjoy every part of your wedding day because it seems to fly by.

Yeah, because the next fourteen+ years seem to drag on forever! :lol::dopey:

have fun with the car but don't stay up too late don't want to look like a zombie at your wedding :lol: Congratulations, enjoy it, live it love her, and don't go to bed angry. ;)

Indeed the day does, my wife and I eloped *over zelious mother on my side and a statement that most of family would not attend as it was not a Catholic/Baptist/Protestant/etc wedding*, and that weekend is a blur, feel like it was only a day not a week.

Not there yet only 6 years in, but things are getting long already, the kids keep it interesting tho. Never know whey they are going to do :lol:

Man i'm beat 6 hours at a play ground in 80+ degree heat with little shade. I should have my focus tune in the next day or so.
thank you everyone for the well wishes. Yeah it's only going to get more interesting just waiting for that day to come. Won't be staying up to late.

thank you everyone for the well wishes. Yeah it's only going to get more interesting just waiting for that day to come. Won't be staying up to late.
Congrats in post above, #290, was meant for you actually. Looking at it, it looks like is was meant for krenkme:dunce:

Next month is 15 years:D, my wife is the best thing that has ever happened to me.....as it is written:"He who finds a wife finds a good thing. And obtains favor from the Lord"...proverbs 18:22.

I crack jokes about my wife like everyone else, but at the end of the day, I love her and need her. Live your married life like that and you will be blessed with happiness.;)

Congrats in post above, #290, was meant for you actually. Looking at it, it looks like is was meant for krenkme:dunce:

Next month is 15 years:D, my wife is the best thing that has ever happened to me.....as it is written:"He who finds a wife finds a good thing. And obtains favor from the Lord"...proverbs 18:22.

I crack jokes about my wife like everyone else, but at the end of the day, I love her and need her. Live your married life like that and you will be blessed with happiness.;)
Thank you @Bowtie-muscle. She is my best friend so I'm sure Ive found a good thing

Back