FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

….Ok..Officially Introducing My GT40 Tune : Project Olivia
Transmission.jpg
@DolHaus, he is using the '05 GT40, just that when Ford created the new GT40's they dropped the 40. His picture proves it. I was making the assumption because I have also made the mistake of calling the new Ford GT's by the classic GT40 name.

yeah licensing reasons (the name is registered to shelby) and the fact that that the height isn't equal to the 40inch(now 44) of the original kept them from using the 40 in the name…but at heart its 40 so i always call it that…sorry for the confusion

yeah licensing reasons (the name is registered to shelby) and the fact that that the height isn't equal to the 40inch(now 44) of the original kept them from using the 40 in the name…but at heart its 40 so i always call it that…sorry for the confusion
No problem my mistake, always best to check these things early in case they need to be edited 👍

Finally broke into the 1:00.xxx bracket with the Focus (600 miles and several coats of paint later :lol:)

2013 Ford Focus ST

I had a hard time deciding between the '06 and the '13. Not because of performance, but because I couldn't decide if I wanted the '06 because its closer in year to my '07, or if I wanted the '13 because mine is a 4-door. Doesn't matter I suppose, as mine isn't the ST...

'13 Focus and '05 GT.jpg

'13 Focus Vehicle Card.png

To those doing London, the way I found to be the quickest is to actually cut the first 3 corners as much as possible. You need to be right next to the wall/barrier for those first 3. I see that @Bowtie-muscle described something very similar. I agree that early braking is also the way to go for those first 3. You should roll through the 2nd and 3rd corner at about 40-44 mph. I've slammed my Focus many times into that second left corner wall. Still unsure how to best take the very last corner where you have to brake hard.

Why don't you want to enter a car at 650PP? Did I screw up on the PP limits of the GT40? Should we be closer to 600PP?
650 is pretty much max with no ballast or flat floor. It's so fast that 630-650 is *at least for me* is with in a half a second in terms of time due to large breaking distance increase and far more throttle control needed in the low speed turns to keep from lighting up the tires. So a 621 May end up being just as fast or very close to a 650 car. I noticed this when the midnight race was capped at 630 on RH and i was running 1:42's and at 650 I'm running 1:42 as well, been debating rolling it back to get more control.

Talking weird or odd settings I have my focus set nearly backwards from every other FF I've tuned and its works better O_o :odd: got to 1:02 with it on these funky settings too.

600-615 I find to be the sweet spot when it comes to me factoring in rate of speed the car is capable of and weight transition into braking off the straights for daytona.. 625 put me into a zone where i really felt the car was connecting with me and that someone testing it, once they get familiar with with it would really enjoy. I'm going to do a 650PP run just because I know the car is setup to lay down the power on this track but i think the testers will enjoy that a little bit is going a long way in terms of the power level its at…But you did bring up a point, I should be trying to break through and get it to where 650 is its peak so i'll up the power and do one more..

Just a few more tweeks to the transmission and my Mustang will be finished. Might not be the fastest- but she handles pretty nice I think. Hope the testers can find a bit of time with her because I SUCK at Willow. :)
There are two big turns for time, turn 3 the heavily banked left hander up hill and the final turn, get them right and you can take 2+ seconds off your time.

well at 650 i just ran my fastest lap time of 1.41.490 but throttle on the harsher side was less forgiving when it came to recovery…im sure my 625PP setup can match or eclipse that since its only +0.0.182 faster than my fastest time with it and thats a cold tire 1st lap run

I'll tune which ever you decide @Motor City Hami i personally think 625ish is better for this car it's more in its comfort zone. But also tuning at 650 is a good challenge so it's a toss we might not see a huge time difference but the extra pp will really show flaws in the tune.
It might be interesting to see what happens with tunes see if several people detune it for stability and hope that compensates for the lost speed.

Well, with the deadline further out for the GT40, I think a change this early is acceptable for the tuners. My question is more for the test drivers. Will this class be a more enjoyable experience at 600PP for them? What I usually aim for are PP levels that land about in the middle of the performance parts. If you are putting on about half of the parts, then I have done it right. In this case, I may have aimed too high.

To those doing London, the way I found to be the quickest is to actually cut the first 3 corners as much as possible. You need to be right next to the wall/barrier for those first 3. I see that @Bowtie-muscle described something very similar. I agree that early braking is also the way to go for those first 3. You should roll through the 2nd and 3rd corner at about 40-44 mph. I've slammed my Focus many times into that second left corner wall. Still unsure how to best take the very last corner where you have to brake hard.
Again, brake early....use the rumble strips on the right by swinging it wide right (I know, weird) and cutting the corner. You do have to brake hard, just early, get it right and you should be accelerating thru the corner, well if you brake early enough. It's not much, but can be a gain of .10-.20 which is a lot at this track. I found it also helps get a better grip on wheel spin if you are easy on throttle and not mashing it. Sounds weird and strange, but I hope it makes sense and helps.

Now that I just gave everyone a free 2-3 tenths, I will just grab my coat and leave........:guilty:

Last edited:
Well, with the deadline further out for the GT40, I think a change this early is acceptable for the tuners. My question is more for the test drivers. Will this class be a more enjoyable experience at 600PP for them? What I usually aim for are PP levels that land about in the middle of the performance parts. If you are putting on about half of the parts, then I have done it right. In this case, I may have aimed too high.
I'd say just leave it were it is..who knows someone might come up with a amazing tune that can handle 650PP way better. i'm just saying 625 is where i personally can balance right now speed wise..who knows i may pop back with a edit saying i managed to make 650PP run amazing(bought/started building a test mule last night after i slept on it for a hour).

My 625PP vs 650PP run overview

650PP- sheer speed and acceleration with setup. throttle control an absolute must. more brake time needed as i easily approach 190+mph from roll start to first infield left hand(brake modulation a must so you can hug the apex slowing from those speeds). chance of recover after loss of grip still possible exiting a corner.

625PP-humble acceleration(will hang with the 650PP rate above 150mph).lower speed entry into the corners means most of the time i can roll off the gas and coast before braking(catching the 650PP in the corner)and exiting faster because my weight transfer has balanced back out before the 650PP could. I hold off the 650PP on the straights only because acceleration rates above 150 are really close together.

I need about 2 more hours of track testing time on the 650PP tune to truly say that I can't take another second off my time by making it more stable at those speeds

BTW
everyone out there making mustang tunes, can't wait to drive some more of them!!!

If your goal is to use about half the parts than 625 is a good target range, if a super charger is used than it's about half the parts at race/stage 3, if no super charger is used than it's all the parts at race/stage 3, 615 would force use of about half the parts at level 1 or 2 or just a super charger and one or two others, 600 would force use of only a couple of upgrades or just the super charger with about 5% PL use.

In terms of top speed on Daytona RC, Definitions Back; Exit of infield to chicane. Front; chicane exit to T1. Infield; Hairpin 1 to Left hander.
625 Back 330 km/h / 205 mph Front 341 km/h / 211 mph Infield 234 km/h 142 mpn
650 Back 350 km/h / 217 mph Front 359 km/h / 223 mph Infield 239 km/h / 148 mph

Again, brake early....use the rumble strips on the right by swinging it wide right (I know, weird) and cutting the corner. You do have to brake hard, just early, get it right and you should be accelerating thru the corner, well if you brake early enough. It's not much, but can be a gain of .10-.20 which is a lot at this track. I found it also helps get a better grip on wheel spin if you are easy on throttle and not mashing it. Sounds weird and strange, but I hope it makes sense and helps.

Now that I just gave everyone a free 2-3 tenths, I will just grab my coat and leave........:guilty:
Just helped the testers driver your car faster too ya know, and if your tuned to handle the curb hits than you will be faster....;) as you pointed out that's the fastest around the track so any tuner that posting low times has probability figured that out too........maybe :nervous:, I did, I noticed I could exit at 88-95 km/h vrs 70-75 km/h from turn three making about a 2 tenths difference in sector one. 👍

Latest Posts

Back