FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

I have got my car looking good and it is stable. All I have to do now is coax some more speed out of this car in the Mickey Mouse section of the track.

FordGT05FITTImg2.jpg

FORD GT '05

Specifications
Performance Points:
600 PP
Max. Power:
620 HP
Weight:
1.258 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
4654 / -4554
Displacement:
5409 cc
Max. Torque:
551 ft-lb
Drivetrain:
MR
Game Version:
Controller Type:
Steering Wheel
Tires
Tires (Front):
Racing: Hard
Tires (Rear):
Racing: Hard
Parts & Modifications
Aero Kit:
Type A
Wheel Model:
OZ Racing Ultralaggera
paint wheels = nero
paint body = Azzuro
Custom Parts (Other):
Custon Rear Wing (wing mount B standard/wing B large / winglets B large )
HEIGHT - 2
WIDTH +30
Suspension Kit:
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission:
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Clutch:
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine:
Stage 1
Turbo Kits:NO
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Other Parts:
  • Racing Brake Kit
  • Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
  • Intake Tuning
  • Isometric Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
Suspension
Ride Height (F/R):
88 / 98
Spring Rate (F/R):
8.44 / 11.81
Dampers - Comp. (F/R):
4 / 2
Dampers - Ext. (F/R):
2 / 3
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):
4 / 4
Camber Angle (F/R):
0.3 / 0.8
Toe Angle (F/R):
-0.06 / 0.65
Brake Balance (F/R):
4 / 3
Transmission
Max. Speed:
360 kph
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
6th Gear:
Final Gear:
Drivetrain
Initial Torque (F/R):
00 / 12
Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 08
Braking Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 11
Power
Power Limiter:
97.8%
Body
Downforce (F/R):
000 / 214
Ballast Weight:
54 kg
Ballast Position:
-50%
Driving Aids
ABS Level:
- BEST LAP = 1:41.117

Last edited:
With the gauntlet being thrown by Hami, about tuners needing to bring their "A" game, it made me that more determined to enter the Focus challenge as a tuner. A chance to go door to door with a tuner/friend that I respect...you can't pass that up. I planned on having a few hours to tune earlier this morning, but the washing machine decided that it wanted to break down so I spent a few hours with more of its parts on the outside than inside.:dopey: I did manage to find about 20 minutes of tuning before the wife got home. I was stuck around the 1:01.000 mark, decided to make a change from left field and this was the result...1.00.4xx

The adjustment made the car very edgy as if it was an FR and I found myself holding on the entire lap...my questions are, has anyone else encountered this in their tuning? And @Motor City Hami , can you put me on the tuners list for the Focus group? If I can tame this beast a little bit, I might be able to keep on your bumper!;)

Inspired by your much cleaner looking lap, I decided to run my little tangerine a few more times. Got down to 1:00.442 and that was with me screwing up the last corner :irked:. My car also has the feeling of instability that you describe.

My tuning sheet looks like someone ate a handful of numbers and threw up on my TV :lol:
Isn`t that how you`re supposed to tune an FF? ;)

Oh the front wheels were not happy and this is definitely not an endurance setup, and yes it was the rear TOE, you clever boy!👍 I've never really tuned an FF except for an Integra back in GT5. I just found it odd that one adjustment could drop the lap time so dramatically. Maybe a tenth or two when I'm that far into the tuning process, not close to a half second better than my fastest lap.
And @Otaliema ...wait till you see these settings!:lol:

There is a little trick I found to improve stability but keep the rotation when using -ve rear toe. Someone else here found it too.........:)

My Focus tuning is going really well. I`m throwing all the spanners at this one! :sly:

I am in the same area with the 2013 Focus. Using super high rear toe does help entry, but what I am struggling with is the bounce I am getting after curb hopping is slowing corner exit. I tried a super high rear spring and damper combination but it bounces like crazy after the curbs. I am at 100.5 right now. Nothing that I do is gaining any more time, so the tune may be maxed out.

There is a little trick I found to improve stability but keep the rotation when using -ve rear toe. Someone else here found it too.........:)

My Focus tuning is going really well. I`m throwing all the spanners at this one! :sly:
So there is stability? I'll have to search for this mystical creature in which you speak, because right now it is a wild ride. Have you ever kick started a motorcycle when it was in first gear? That's what this car feels like!

So there is stability? I'll have to search for this mystical creature in which you speak, because right now it is a wild ride. Have you ever kick started a motorcycle when it was in first gear? That's what this car feels like!
Never done that, but I have had to first gear start a bronco 2 when the clutch exploded on me in the middle of my delevey route way back when I was a parts runners at a shop. That's a trip turn the key and hold on! Had to learn to free wheel shift really fast too.

I am in the same area with the 2013 Focus. Using super high rear toe does help entry, but what I am struggling with is the bounce I am getting after curb hopping is slowing corner exit. I tried a super high rear spring and damper combination but it bounces like crazy after the curbs. I am at 100.5 right now. Nothing that I do is gaining any more time, so the tune may be maxed out.
1:00.5.......guess I will be at the back of the pack:dopey:........Mustang not giving me confidence either. Is 1:17.3-5 decent?

Last edited:
Tweaked a few things on the Tangerine's suspension (Rear Spring, Rear EXT, Rear Camber, Rear ARB). Managed a 1:00.195 laptime and for once I took that nightmare last corner perfectly, but I lost time in the first 3 corners. Under a minute doesn't seem so foreign anymore :D.

@Motor City Hami Have you tried raising the ride height ? I don't really know how everything works together yet but it seemed like higher ride height ran better on the track.

Tweaked a few things on the Tangerine's suspension (Rear Spring, Rear EXT, Rear Camber, Rear ARB). Managed a 1:00.195 laptime and for once I took that nightmare last corner perfectly, but I lost time in the first 3 corners. Under a minute doesn't seem so foreign anymore :D.

@Motor City Hami Have you tried raising the ride height ? I don't really know how everything works together yet but it seemed like higher ride height ran better on the track.

I am not super slammed. It's odd. I was playing with ride heights and the ride height glitch and there isn't much difference in settings. That tells me that the car wants help with something else.

@Bowtie-muscle, looking at the discussion thread, I am hoping for a top five finish. There are some very crafty tuners hanging around FITT lately.

I'm at a 1:16.5 so you aren't to far behind. It's most likely down to driving too. So I expect the testers to be pretty even. A good turn vs. A perfect turn can mean 1/2 a second on willow.

Thank you, I know you and @Lionheart2113 always tend to be a bit faster so........not expecting much, just looking to have fun tuning and hear some reviews. Competition is tough, some of you guys have been really bringing it lately.

FORD GT '05

Specifications
Performance Points:
600 PP
Max. Power:
620 HP
Weight:
1.258 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
4654 / -4554
Displacement:
5409 cc
Max. Torque:
551 ft-lb

Turbo Kits:
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit

Maybe i am getting old but i do not show the GT '05 to have a turbo. I show a super charger. Just need clarification, thank you.

Sounds like a wild ride you`ve got there! Lucky old testers! :D

A 59sec is possible. My ghost was at 1:00.3xx and was a good .5 in front until I got all excited at the last corner!! :banghead:
I`m just looking for the little tweeks now, just to make it nice and easy for the testers to get consistent fast times. After all, it makes no difference how fast I can lap in it! I`m thinking of you testers! :cheers:

Sounds like a wild ride you`ve got there! Lucky old testers! :D

A 59sec is possible. My ghost was at 1:00.3xx and was a good .5 in front until I got all excited at the last corner!! :banghead:
I`m just looking for the little tweeks now, just to make it nice and easy for the testers to get consistent fast times. After all, it makes no difference how fast I can lap in it! I`m thinking of you testers! :cheers:
I went for the same way of thinking. If I can drive it consistently at a time which is (sort of) fast, it may be better than me creating an alien car which only I can get the fast times in. I doubt my Focus will be the fastest in the bunch but hopefully the drive will be nice and smooth for the testers.

I went for the same way of thinking. If I can drive it consistently at a time which is (sort of) fast, it may be better than me creating an alien car which only I can get the fast times in. I doubt my Focus will be the fastest in the bunch but hopefully the drive will be nice and smooth for the testers.
All the tunes of yours that I`ve driven have been easy to drive and pretty quick too.👍 I must have about a thousand miles on that WRX by now! Most of them sideways smoking all 4 tyres!:cheers:

FITT Ford Focus ST Challenge
Car: Ford Focus ST '06
Track(s): London Reverse

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip Set to Real

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
@Lionheart2113 Orange! Just for a change? Looking good!! :) I`ve run out of spanners to throw at mine! I can run 3/5 laps under 1:01 and the other 2 are usually under 1:01.2. Its time to let it go. Will post it this evening.:scared:
I've got mine at 1:00.5-7 all day every day, with a few .4's in there. But like you said, doesn't matter the tuners time in their own car...it's all about being sweet to the testers. I should put a sticker on it warning trail brakers though:scared:
I think I tuned myself into a corner with those settings and I couldn't find a window to climb out.:boggled:

@Lionheart2113 Orange! Just for a change? Looking good!! :) I`ve run out of spanners to throw at mine! I can run 3/5 laps under 1:01 and the other 2 are usually under 1:01.2. Its time to let it go. Will post it this evening.:scared:

I made the suggestion that he stick with orange (The Great Pumpkin for a nickname sounds better than Mary:lol:) because it has been working for him lately. If it ain't broke.......

I see you are going with bright green with carbon hood? Trying to get "brownie points" from @Motor City Hami perhaps?:odd: ............:rolleyes:

I made the suggestion that he stick with orange (The Great Pumpkin for a nickname sounds better than Mary:lol:) because it has been working for him lately. If it ain't broke.......

I see you are going with bright green with carbon hood? Trying to get "brownie points" from @Motor City Hami perhaps?:odd: ............:rolleyes:
If there is "brownie points" on offer I`ll take `em all!!;) I did offer the colour to him but got no reply so I`m keeping it! I`m hoping its worth half a second!:)👍

The Great Pumpkin! :D You might want to check that with Mary!:lol:

Back