FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

I did something fun. I put all of the tunes side by side in a Google Doc (link here)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/138anhbLAEjTe4IaFDNzGVUfkEBJqAKvFQbJrcdSPyuw/edit?usp=sharing

I then averaged each setting across the 2006, the 2013 and finally all tunes. So essentially, the three settings on the right hand side of the page are the collective "best tune" from 16 of the best tuners on GT Planet. Pretty cool. :cool:

A nice idea...to average out all the tunes Hami...Cool...👍

I don't want ruin your figures mate but my rear Toe is +2 not -12....👍

:cheers:

@biffa3 , thank you sir for the review 👍 my lab time was 1:01.4xx and i get 1:01.3xx once only so happy to see you record the same lap time as me 👍 thank you again .

ND

Last edited:
@biffa3 thank you sir.:bowdown: .7 from fastest to slowest, that is nuts!:eek:

Wow! 0.7 between all entries. That is insane. This tells me three things:
1. @biffa3 is a very consistent driver
2. The FITT tuners have all become really fast in a relatively short time (less than a year of GT6)
3. These two cars at this track and this PP level on these tires was a great combination.

Wow! 0.7 between all entries. That is insane. This tells me three things:
1. @biffa3 is a very consistent driver
2. The FITT tuners have all become really fast in a relatively short time (less than a year of GT6)
3. These two cars at this track and this PP level on these tires was a great combination.

1. Cheers Hami.
2. I have spotted that the tuners are a lot closer in GT6 than they were in GT5, with some newbies making an instant impact, and the oldies still showing they have what it takes.
3. The FF wheelspin and associated understeer was the only real issue I had with this event. If those two could have been engineered out, would have made it perfect.

I did something fun. I put all of the tunes side by side in a Google Doc (link here)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/138anhbLAEjTe4IaFDNzGVUfkEBJqAKvFQbJrcdSPyuw/edit?usp=sharing

I then averaged each setting across the 2006, the 2013 and finally all tunes. So essentially, the three settings on the right hand side of the page are the collective "best tune" from 16 of the best tuners on GT Planet. Pretty cool. :cool:

Please ignore...my last post about my Rear Toe angle....you were right it is -12 and not +2...that was my old setting i had before i tweaked it.....so sorry to muck you about....My Bad....i :confused: myself....:cheers:

I think it was more to do with lack of throttle control. Those that use stick or wheel won't have the same issues that I did.
Still some great and steady lap times in there.
One of the things that I found when tuning was when cutting across the curbs, waiting to accelerate until the car landed. That could just be my screwed up way of driving. But I agree, the long left hand sweeper on the back section thru the "S"...more consistent throttle control will definitely shine.

Last edited:
@biffa3 thanks for your time and efforts, Sir 👍 Hope the car didn't give you whiplash from pinging off the barriers!!
Maybe sports hard tires would have cured that?
Funny you should say that. Out of curiosity, I thought I'd try my Focus on SH tyres, just to see how the car drove and to see if I could get under a minute. As a general rule of thumb, each grade of tyres is worth about 15 secs at the Ring, so I thought it would be entirely possible to shave the 1.3 sec required to dive under the 1:00 mark.

My times dropped from 1:01.3 to 0:58.7 :eek:

Switching up to SM was only enough to get me into the 0:57s. Albeit this was only a couple of laps, but the difference between CS -> SH and SH -> SM is remarkable. I don't recall there being that much difference moving between Sports and Racing tyres...

{Cy}

Still some great and steady lap times in there.
One of the things that I found when tuning was when cutting across the curbs, waiting to accelerate until the car landed. That could just be my screwed up way of driving. But I agree, the long left hand sweeper on the back section thru the "S"...more consistent throttle control will definitely shine.

I tested with both the DS3 (with FPS Freak stick extenders) and the G27 wheel. With both, I was more easing back into the throttle than I was jumping back on the throttle.

@Lewis_Hamilton_ is joining us for the Mustang Challenge. He is always fast in the time trials so I have to believe that he knows a bit about getting cars to handle.

Always good to have new (well, new to FITT) tuners joining.

Honestly, I'm not an experienced tuner, and often my numbers are all over the place compared to most people's tunes. I'm happy as long as the car is fun and controllable, then somewhat competitive online, and instead tend to try and drive around any quirks rather than figure them out. Thanks for the inclusion MCH, I'm hoping to learn a lot from the other tuners here, happy tuning and testing all.

Here's my tune for the Shelby GT500

WillowSpringsInternationalRaceway_BigWillow_zpse6496080.jpg

WillowSpringsInternationalRaceway_BigWillow_1_zpsc1104431.jpg

For ABS on 1, all other aids off.

Parts:
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable L.S.D
Triple-plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
Engine: Stock
Oil: Stock
Aero Parts Front: Type B
Aero Parts Rear: No Wing
Wheels: Enkei RP03 (I think!)
Body Rigidity: Stock

Colours:
Body - Etna Black
Rims - Maziora Andromedall
Brake - Indy Yellow Pearl

Power: 555 BHP
Weight: 1500KG
Weight Distribution: 52/48

Suspension:

Ride Height Front: 93
Ride Height Rear: 70
Spring Rate Front: 12.34
Spring Rate Rear: 11.43
CompressionFront: 6
Compression Rear: 6
Extension Front: 2
Extension Rear: 4
Roll Bars Front: 6
Roll Bars Rear: 6
Camber Angle Front: 0.0
Camber angle Rear: 0.0
Toe Front: +0.31
Toe Rear: -0.28

Racing Brakes:
Brake Bias Front: 5
Brake Bias Rear: 8

Transmission: (In Order - Fresh Install > Adjust Max Speed > Adjust Final Gear > Adjust Individual gears)

Max Speed: 149 MPH
1: 3.777
2: 2.700
3: 2.121
4: 1.750
5: 1.500
6: 1.313
Final: 2.444
(I have OCD with numbers :sly:)

Drivetrain:

Torque: 29
Acceleration: 16
Braking: 19

Engine

*Stock*

Power Limiter: 84.0%

Weight:
Ballast: 112Kg
Ballast Position: +50%

I changed the setup slightly from what I was going to post before. Previously the car was easy to drive but lacked some corner exit speed in the middle sector. Best I could muster was a 1:15.731, with 0.15 left to gain in the first sector, the rest of the circuit I don't think I would really be able to improve on. I hope it's good for everyone else.

Attachments

• IMAG0669.jpg
    IMAG0669.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0668.jpg
    IMAG0668.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0667.jpg
    IMAG0667.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0666.jpg
    IMAG0666.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Parts:
Racing Brakes
Fully Customisable L.S.D
Triple-plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Aero Parts: Stock
Wheels: Stock

Suspension:

Racing Brakes:

Transmission: (In Order - Install > Adjust Final Speed > Adjust Final Gear)

Drivetrain:

Engine

*Stock*

Weight:

I changed the setup slightly from what I was going to post before. Previously the car was easy to drive but lacked some corner exit speed in the middle sector. Best I could muster was a 1:15.713, with 0.15 left to gain in the first sector, the rest of the circuit I don't think I would really be able to improve on. I hope it's good for everyone else.
A 15.7 ain't exactly hanging around 👍
What does this beast look like?

Transmission:
(In Order - Install > Adjust Final Speed > Adjust Final Gear)

Would the transmission final gear start at the factory number or did you start with it at another point and forgot to note it down as you were tuning? Just a little clarification so the testers can set the car up to match properly. 👍

Parts:
Racing Brakes
Fully Customisable L.S.D
Triple-plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Aero Parts: Stock
Wheels: Stock

Suspension:

Racing Brakes:

Transmission: (In Order - Install > Adjust Final Speed > Adjust Final Gear)

Drivetrain:

Engine

*Stock*

Weight:

I changed the setup slightly from what I was going to post before. Previously the car was easy to drive but lacked some corner exit speed in the middle sector. Best I could muster was a 1:15.713, with 0.15 left to gain in the first sector, the rest of the circuit I don't think I would really be able to improve on. I hope it's good for everyone else.
1.15.713 is a very fast time.. If you have OCD with numbers, you would have fitted in well with the Focus competition. There was a lot of strange numbers going on in some of the tunes.

1.15.713 is a very fast time.. If you have OCD with numbers, you would have fitted in well with the Focus competition. There was a lot of strange numbers going on in some of the tunes.

Thanks, the lap was actually 1:15.731 not .713, just noticed that slight typo and I'll correct it. I was tempted with the Focus but didn't have the time to commit by the closing date. FF cars are actually my favourite to tune and my most used drivetrain.

A 15.7 ain't exactly hanging around 👍
What does this beast look like?

Thanks, but nothing to reference against yet, someone else could lap much faster whether with this tune or someone else's. The car had nothing changed cosmetically, it's painted in Red Clear Coat Metallic with Black Stripes, that's all, I'll pretty up the above post in a bit.

Would the transmission final gear start at the factory number or did you start with it at another point and forgot to note it down as you were tuning? Just a little clarification so the testers can set the car up to match properly. 👍

I just freshly installed the custom transmission, changed the Max speed to 149mph, and then went to the final gear and adjusted that to 2.444, then finally each individual gear. No tranny flip tricks or anything, I'll try and make it more clear in my post.

Thank you for the tips and helping out this newbie everyone :cheers:

Thanks, the lap was actually 1:15.731 not .713, just noticed that slight typo and I'll correct it. I was tempted with the Focus but didn't have the time to commit by the closing date. FF cars are actually my favourite to tune and my most used drivetrain.

Thanks, but nothing to reference against yet, someone else could lap much faster whether with this tune or someone else's. The car had nothing changed cosmetically, it's painted in Red Clear Coat Metallic with Black Stripes, that's all, I'll pretty up the above post in a bit.

I just freshly installed the custom transmission, changed the Max speed to 149mph, and then went to the final gear and adjusted that to 2.444, then finally each individual gear. No tranny flip tricks or anything, I'll try and make it more clear in my post.

Thank you for the tips and helping out this newbie everyone :cheers:
After I read your order statement it became clearer that it was the factory initial final gear. :banghead: I guess I should read a little more also. Otherwise it looks like an interesting tune and I might try it, My time during Mustang testing is going to be busy otherwise I would think about testing those also. Good luck.:gtpflag:

There is room all the way up to the October 7th deadline. I don't know if I will have time to enter a Mustang. I want to test the Focus ST class first. If I have time, I may just tweak the BOSS 302 tune in my garage?
I'm sitting at a decision on my Mustang GT tune, either submit it how it is, or try and re-tame it on the track. Once I finish the Mustang I will commence testing the Focus class. I will have limited time to test also because I am away from PS3's from the 9th till the 12th during the night. I'll still try to have fun with the cars though. :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back