FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

I have been pretty busy this week with work, so please let me know if I have missed any raised hands to test/tune, any posted tunes or any posted test driving results. I just went back through the last 7 pages and think I have everyone... but just in case...

Thanks.

I have 4 more cars to test. Should be finished up by Saturday night. (would be done but had a bit of wind damage from storms last night) Talk about close so far. Within .600 of a second.
I'm hoping to start first thing tomorrow and post it in the afternoon. Cards are all assigned and the review sheet has all the tunes ready to go. Just waiting for the green flag to wave...ie I get control of the TV! So that's atleast 2 reviews in the same day!👍

@Motor City Hami's Focus is also good for the new intermediate seasonal at Autumn Ring. Put some Sports soft boots on, remove power limiter and take off the weight, and you're away.
Inspired by this, I decided to give it a go with my own tune. But leaving it at 450PP and CS tyres. I managed it, just, on the second attempt, outbraking the Shelby Series One into the last right hander and doing the Gran Turismo weave to stop him powering back past! Anyone else give this a go?
:cheers:@biffa3

ps I race clean(ish) against the AI. I call it "touring car rules".:D

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I usually like cars with low grip tires. My perfect car is a stock SLS (560PP) on Comfort Softs. I tried my focus on Comfort Hards and the car was surprisingly driveable. It didn't like turning as sharply and the tires got a little bit more red but it was fun. The car was running mid to high 4's. CH's and CM's just aren't used nearly enough.

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I usually like cars with low grip tires. My perfect car is a stock SLS (560PP) on Comfort Softs. I tried my focus on Comfort Hards and the car was surprisingly driveable. It didn't like turning as sharply and the tires got a little bit more red but it was fun. The car was running mid to high 4's. CH's and CM's just aren't used nearly enough.
You just helped me de-stress after a test I just took. :bowdown: I got on to tinker with my Mustang, returned the tune to one of my ok setups, and slapped on Comfort Softs. What a great experience and it really showed that the tune is almost good as is. :D My bad driving skills and grip of the tires put me about 10 seconds slower on Willow with all of that rear wheel spin.

That makes me think a tuning challenge with high pp cars on Comfort tires might be fun. :odd:

You just helped me de-stress after a test I just took. :bowdown: I got on to tinker with my Mustang, returned the tune to one of my ok setups, and slapped on Comfort Softs. What a great experience and it really showed that the tune is almost good as is. :D My bad driving skills and grip of the tires put me about 10 seconds slower on Willow with all of that rear wheel spin.

That makes me think a tuning challenge with high pp cars on Comfort tires might be fun. :odd:
Less grip would have to mean more skill required to post a competitive tune & time.

It hurts my soul to be jumping all of these curbs. It goes against everything i stand for lol. Testing is nearly done though.
A racetrack is defined by the white lines and what lies in between. Putting all four wheels the wrong side in search of time is like playing cricket or baseball with a bigger bat.

A racetrack is defined by the white lines and what lies in between. Putting all four wheels the wrong side in search of time is like playing cricket or baseball with a bigger bat.
Even two wheels in these ff cars thoroughly upsets them. 4 wheels will get you air time and makes you considerably slower

2013 Shelby GT500

I would have used the Boss, but I already used it for my Super GT build, so I decided to change it up. I think I mostly got the car under control, minus some wheel spin on turns 3 and 4.

GT500 and '13 Focus.jpg

Shelby GT500 Vehicle Card.png

This might just be a dumb question, but...... I tested a couple of cars last weekend and got a few fast lap times, but when going through and officially testing them today, my times are slower than before, even in my own tune. Just seems like the tires are lacking some grip.
The only thing I can think of that is different from last weekend to this weekend is update 1.13. Has anyone else noticed the same thing or am I just having a terrible day at the track?:(

Even two wheels in these ff cars thoroughly upsets them. 4 wheels will get you air time and makes you considerably slower
I've never been against hiking two wheels over the kerbs. After all, that saves on tyre wear :sly:

I remember watching a replay of the DTM at Le Mans on the Bugatti circuit. Not one of the cars at the first chicane made an attempt to keep at least two wheels on the circuit proper.
If the authorities let one driver get away with it, of course all the others will follow suit in order to stay competitive.
Thankfully, Circuit de la Sarthe have added the 'sausage kerbs' to act as a deterrent to this behavior.

This might just be a dumb question, but...... I tested a couple of cars last weekend and got a few fast lap times, but when going through and officially testing them today, my times are slower than before, even in my own tune. Just seems like the tires are lacking some grip.
The only thing I can think of that is different from last weekend to this weekend is update 1.13. Has anyone else noticed the same thing or am I just having a terrible day at the track?:(

Funny you should say that... i tried last my first mustang tune i did last week and my times are slightly slower than when i first tuned it...by about 1 sec....i just thought it might of been me....Weird...:confused:

Funny you should say that... i tried last my first mustang tune i did last week and my times are slightly slower than when i first tuned it...by about 1 sec....i just thought it might of been me....Weird...:confused:
i don't know i just ran 1:16.5 at big willow with my final mustang setup, which is a hair better than I have been during testing.

I didn't notice any lap time differences myself between the updates, infact my 2nd and 3rd fastest laps were just 0.001 apart and both were on different patches, and 5th and 6th fastest laps 0.002 apart on a slightly different tune.

fb859e92-6202-45ac-8a8f-b5072022ab11_zpsf4031ee7.jpg
Its a little scarier seeing that many 1.15s in front of me. There are a lot of fast testers in the FITT competitions so I don't doubt that they will get very close to what you are achieving.

Just feels like there is a weird push at mid corner and the rear seems to catapult itself off the strips no matter what the springs are set at. Must be me having a bad day. The grass isn't green and the birds aren't chirping...sorry in advance tuners.:crazy:

This happened to me when I tested the Vipers. Everyone has off days! What I did was just test all cars that day, so all the times were equally slow. Was sir out on the town last night?:lol:

This happened to me when I tested the Vipers. Everyone has off days! What I did was just test all cars that day, so all the times were equally slow. Was sir out on the town last night?:lol:
:lol: Not out on the town, but in...maybe a bottle or two. I have seemed to grab my ears and pull my head out of my 🤬 and retested the first group and gotten better times on most. Like @biffa3 so far there is only 0.7 between all of the '13's.

The early bird gets the worm
hopefully

:)

dont be afraid to use 4th in turns 3,4, and 5. it needs slight throttle feathering through these sections if you use third. shift just before the redline for best results.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/550pp-boss-302-mustang.744/
Two questions.....Grabber Blue? Sports Hard in the rear? - @brian wolf noticed this as well. You know something I don't?........Ok that was three questions.:dopey:

@sinof1337 factory white good for you?
@Lewis_Hamilton_ factory red for you ok, or where do I get Sonic red Tintcoat?

Back