FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

@ugabugaz @ImToLegitToQuit @Lewis_Hamilton_ thanks for the feedback. It forced me to go back and realize that I had obviously not woken up yet!:cheers:
But that's why I asked, I didn't want to jump to conclusions. The joys of only really getting to play on the weekends.:grumpy:
I was doing tuning through a few nights and I was thinking the same thing. I normally can get back to the same time as the previous session but it was a struggle to get within a second. I don't doubt that it is just me and these busy 2 weeks that just ended.

Some days you just end up trying too hard to reach these previous times and end up screwing up your line as a result. I find the same thing happens if you keep the ghost line on, sometimes you're just chasing the ghost rather than driving the fastest line (lets not even get started on moving to overtake the ghost :lol:).

My disclaimer... Yes most of you know this by now, but this is mainly for the newcomers both involved in the competition and those lurking in the shadows.
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

FITT Ford Focus ST Challenge by MCH
Ford Focus ST '06
Ford Focus ST '13
Track(s):
London Reverse

Each tuner was drawn at random, but put in the order as listed to help Hami with the spreadsheet. I ran each car for 2 sets of 6 laps making sure that the tires were nicely warmed up. With this particular challenge it didn't take too long as I was roasting the Goody off of them by lap 6. In order to cover all of the lap times, I would need a 0.761 blanket!

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Ford Focus ST '06
@787bcgr
Time: 1:00.706
DC Score: 9.7
Review: The most comfortable car in the competition, hands down. Even if you aren't testing, this car is worth the drive. Just some minor understeer mid corner. Near perfect, very impressive!

@Badger66
Time: 1:01.230
DC Score: 8.5
Review: Stable and easy to drive. Hint of understeer right at corner exit. The mid turbo does seem to help through the esses and towards the end of the straights. Good job!

@Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:00.927
DC Score: 9.0
Review: Nothing wrong with the tune itself, just seems to want to spin the tires more on takeoff. Get that power to the ground and this tune would be Tune of The Week material. Was always fastest through the first turn.

@brian wolf
Time: 1:01.204
Review: Like all cars with severe TOE settings, it gets squirrely under heavy braking. Back up your braking points and sling this car into the turn. A slight push through the center and it doesn't like clipping the curb through the esses on the backstretch. Nothing major, good tune!

@krenkme
Time: 1:01.377
DC Score: 8.0
Review: Less understeer and this car could be something special. Had to wait just a little longer through the turn before hitting the gas which hurt the lap times. But after a few laps I was able to throw the car around more, but that snug/center condition would always appear.

Lionheart2113
Time: 1:00.663
DC Score: 9.5
Review: There is a lot more tire squealing throughout the lap than most other tunes, not sure if that's good or bad...I'm thinking the second one. It's still fast for me, but there is some minor understeer from center-off that can throw you off line. Yes, I ran the tune as posted (no front spoiler) but only gave myself 1 set of 6 laps.

@NEWDRIVER2
Time: 1:01.107
Review: The nose seemed to slide around more than others causing a push on corner entry. Change your line slightly and it becomes better. Time could be faster, but that push condition forces you to let off the throttle on the backstretch losing some speed.

@Otaliema
Time: 1.00.965
Review: Good solid tune. Great acceleration, just a little snug around the track. Easily managed.

@xande1959
Time: 1:01.216
Review: Solid tune, for the most part it did what you wanted it to. Had a strange wiggle under braking. The rear end wanted to lock up and slide out, but something in the front was making it snap back in line. Get used to that and it was easy to drive.

Average: I matched the PP/HP/Weight/Weight split as closely as the tune dictates. Check out the lap time...right up there with the fastest!?
Time: 1:00.689

Ford Focus ST '13
@CyKosis1973
Time: 1:01.389
Review: Very comfortable and solid tune. Stability is there, especially under braking. There is a tight condition that hurts it on the backstretch. Not sure why you say good luck, I found this car very easy to drive!

@DolHaus
Time: 1:00.824
DC Score: 9.4
Review: Not much to say, really. Tires didn't light up as bad as some others and it was very predictable I had 3 laps in a row within 0.005 of each other...nice job!

@Motor City Hami
Time: 1:00.732
DC Score: 9.6
Review: An absolute blast to drive. Be prepared to either be smiling or grinding your teeth with this one. Does not feel like you are driving an FF until you hit the gas and light up the fronts. 3 words...Fun, Fun, Fun!

@randyrockstiff
Time: 1:01.358
DC Score: 7.5
Review: Only major issue I had was that it seemed to lose its center rotation causing a tight condition. More noticeable when the weight shifted from one side to the other. Maybe a setting is adjusted too stiff?

@shaunm80
Review: Not too bad, just some understeer and lots of tire smoke. The inside wheel likes to stay red, I think I know what you were trying to do with the LSD, maybe just a couple of clicks too far!?

@sinof1337
Time: 1:01.424
Review: The braking was pretty good and helped with getting down into the corners, except for when bumps were involved. Seemed to bounce more than expected. Understeer on accel. But I was able to take that last turn with confidence every time with the braking and turn in.

@ugabugaz
Time: 1:01.008
Review: If you back up your braking points this car would slide and turn in beautifully, if you hit your marks. If not the understeer kicks in and has you into the wall. Fun to drive.

Average: Once again, just tried to match the main numbers as much as possible. Open to interpretation as to what parts can be installed. With the parts I installed, the power limiter reaches 97.6%. There is still room to either increase the power limiter or shed some pounds, but I wanted to try and get it close to all the numbers.
Time: 1:00.974

Testing these tunes was a blast and I couldn't believe how close the times were. Once I got going:banghead: Thank you to the tuners and a special thanks to Hami for setting this up!:cheers:

Last edited:
My disclaimer... Yes most of you know this by now, but this is mainly for the newcomers both involved in the competition and those lurking in the shadows.
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

Ford Focus ST '06
Ford Focus ST '13
Track(s):
London Reverse

Each tuner was drawn at random, but put in the order as listed to help Hami with the spreadsheet. I ran each car for 2 sets of 6 laps making sure that the tires were nicely warmed up. With this particular challenge it didn't take too long as I was roasting the Goody off of them by lap 6. In order to cover all of the lap times, I would need a 0.761 blanket!

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Ford Focus ST '06
@787bcgr
Review: The most comfortable car in the competition, hands down. Even if you aren't testing, this car is worth the drive. Just some minor understeer mid corner. Near perfect, very impressive!

@Badger66
Review: Stable and easy to drive. Hint of understeer right at corner exit. The mid turbo does seem to help through the esses and towards the end of the straights. Good job!

@Bowtie-muscle
Review: Nothing wrong with the tune itself, just seems to want to spin the tires more on takeoff. Get that power to the ground and this tune would be Tune of The Week material. Was always fastest through the first turn.

@brian wolf
Review: Like all cars with severe TOE settings, it gets squirrely under heavy braking. Back up your braking points and sling this car into the turn. A slight push through the center and it doesn't like clipping the curb through the esses on the backstretch. Nothing major, good tune!

@krenkme
Review: Less understeer and this car could be something special. Had to wait just a little longer through the turn before hitting the gas which hurt the lap times. But after a few laps I was able to throw the car around more, but that snug/center condition would always appear.

Lionheart2113
Review: There is a lot more tire squealing throughout the lap than most other tunes, not sure if that's good or bad...I'm thinking the second one. It's still fast for me, but there is some minor understeer from center-off that can throw you off line. Yes, I ran the tune as posted (no front spoiler) but only gave myself 1 set of 6 laps.

@NEWDRIVER2
Review: The nose seemed to slide around more than others causing a push on corner entry. Change your line slightly and it becomes better. Time could be faster, but that push condition forces you to let off the throttle on the backstretch losing some speed.

@Otaliema
Review: Good solid tune. Great acceleration, just a little snug around the track. Easily managed.

@xande1959
Review: Solid tune, for the most part it did what you wanted it to. Had a strange wiggle under braking. The rear end wanted to lock up and slide out, but something in the front was making it snap back in line. Get used to that and it was easy to drive.

Average: I matched the PP/HP/Weight/Weight split as closely as the tune dictates. Check out the lap time...right up there with the fastest!?

Ford Focus ST '13
@CyKosis1973
Review: Very comfortable and solid tune. Stability is there, especially under braking. There is a tight condition that hurts it on the backstretch. Not sure why you say good luck, I found this car very easy to drive!

@DolHaus
Review: Not much to say, really. Tires didn't light up as bad as some others and it was very predictable I had 3 laps in a row within 0.005 of each other...nice job!

@Motor City Hami
Review: An absolute blast to drive. Be prepared to either be smiling or grinding your teeth with this one. Does not feel like you are driving an FF until you hit the gas and light up the fronts. 3 words...Fun, Fun, Fun!

@randyrockstiff
Review: Only major issue I had was that it seemed to lose its center rotation causing a tight condition. More noticeable when the weight shifted from one side to the other. Maybe a setting is adjusted too stiff?

@shaunm80
Review: Not too bad, just some understeer and lots of tire smoke. The inside wheel likes to stay red, I think I know what you were trying to do with the LSD, maybe just a couple of clicks too far!?

@sinof1337
Review: The braking was pretty good and helped with getting down into the corners, except for when bumps were involved. Seemed to bounce more than expected. Understeer on accel. But I was able to take that last turn with confidence every time with the braking and turn in.

@ugabugaz
Review: If you back up your braking points this car would slide and turn in beautifully, if you hit your marks. If not the understeer kicks in and has you into the wall. Fun to drive.

Average: Once again, just tried to match the main numbers as much as possible. Open to interpretation as to what parts can be installed. With the parts I installed, the power limiter reaches 97.6%. There is still room to either increase the power limiter or shed some pounds, but I wanted to try and get it close to all the numbers.

Testing these tunes was a blast and I couldn't believe how close the times were. Once I got going:banghead: Thank you to the tuners and a special thanks to Hami for setting this up!:cheers:
Thank you for testing, great job 👍

Can't wait to see the tables once they're updated, another set of results split by less than 0.9 from top to bottom

Ford Focus ST '06
Ford Focus ST '13
Track(s):
London Reverse

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Ford Focus ST '06
@787bcgr

@Badger66

@Bowtie-muscle

@brian wolf

@krenkme

Lionheart2113

@NEWDRIVER2

@Otaliema

@xande1959

Ford Focus ST '13
@CyKosis1973

@DolHaus

@Motor City Hami

@randyrockstiff

@shaunm80

@sinof1337

@ugabugaz

Very, very good times... Im impressed! Myself and Brian Wolf got exactly the same time.. That is spooky! You really drove these cars to within a inch of their life by the looks of it! Good job indeed.

Did you mean to put SS on the front and SH on the back?:boggled:👍

Two questions.....Grabber Blue? Sports Hard in the rear? - @brian wolf noticed this as well. You know something I don't?........Ok that was three questions.:dopey:

@sinof1337 factory white good for you?
@Lewis_Hamilton_ factory red for you ok, or where do I get Sonic red Tintcoat?

sorry guys it's sport softs all around and the ballast was backwards also. it's supposed to be 22kg at +50. look at what time i posted the tune and you'll know why i made mistakes lol. Thanks for the heads up guys. you are on a swivel !:bowdown:

and it's actually yas marina blue, a bmw color i think. and wheels are the ford tangerine scream or tangerine yellow. something like that. just make them orange :) lol

:lol::lol::lol: I didn't even notice the same lap times for you and brian. 2 testers so far and we've had identical lap times within our results.
:bowdown:I really don`t know how you run those times in auto?👍 Another spooky duplicate lap time coincidence!:boggled:
Top testing mate, well done! :cheers:
sorry guys it's sport softs all around and the ballast was backwards also. it's supposed to be 22kg at +50. look at what time i posted the tune and you'll know why i made mistakes lol. Thanks for the heads up guys. you are on a swivel !:bowdown:
No probs mate. 👍

Are you talking about your transmission settings old (before parts installed) vs new (after parts installed)?
Sorry I couldn't hit your lap time...a full second slower.:ouch:

No problem about the time, As long as you enjoyed yourself. I meant drive-wise as I changed the suspension a bit as well as the lsd - in addition to the transmission. If you can't remember however that's alright too.

@ugabugaz
The transmission never influenced my times/drive because I always set it at the end so I wouldn't have noticed that. But if you made those other changes during the week, then that explains a lot. I was almost 0.3 faster last weekend in yours. Testing yours today is what started off my whole dilemma about if something with the game changed!:lol:
Atleast I have someone to blame and not just myself!:mischievous:

and it's actually yas marina blue, a bmw color i think. and wheels are the ford tangerine scream or tangerine yellow. something like that. just make them orange :) lol
I did a search for it to make it easier for @Bowtie-muscle, the M4 Coupe has Yas Marina Blue.

so here are the i8 pics. and it is surprisingly quick. i did a 0 to 60ish pull and was surprised by the get up and go it has. it would have been even quicker but it has 2 shifts before 60mph.

[youtube]C5JpLd7r8zA[/youtube]

Is this the same car from Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol?

the prototype was in that movie, this is the production model. i fixed the video too
I thought it looked familiar. It looks very cool. Does it include that clever HUD with built in computer/gps navigation in the wind screen by any chance? I thought that element of the car was quite cool.

I thought it looked familiar. It looks very cool. Does it include that clever HUD with built in computer/gps navigation in the wind screen by any chance? I thought that element of the car was quite cool.
It does have the heads up on the wind shield and it's really cool. It only shows you gear and speed as far as I know though. I haven't really played with it yet.

so here are the i8 pics. and it is surprisingly quick. i did a 0 to 60ish pull and was surprised by the get up and go it has. it would have been even quicker but it has 2 shifts before 60mph.

[youtube]

The front is nice but the rear is a mess. Seems to be the way with 'futuristic' cars these days, start with classic lines and then ruin it by trying to make it look like a spaceship :dunce:

15393658931_6484c42524_c.jpg

Mustang Boss 302 '13

Laguna Blue Tintcoat
Ray's 57Xtreme inch up 1
Aero Type A

PP: 550
HP: 563
WEIGHT: 1350kg
WEIGHT DIST: 53:47
TIRE(S): Sport Soft
OIL CHANGE - NO

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // BRAKES: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 93 / 88
SPRINGS - 10.30 / 9.00
COMP - 4 / 3
EXT - 10 / 5
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.05 / 0.00
BRAKES - 4 / 5

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
- 5.500 // TOP SPEED TO - 124
1ST - 2.845
2ND - 2.090
3RD - 1.620
4TH - 1.325
5TH - 1.125
6TH - 0.985
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.700

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 9
ACCEL - 14
DECEL - 5

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Installed
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 2
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - No
POWER LIMITER - 95.9%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 31kg @ +37
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE: This may not be the fastest in the field but it should be comfortable and stable. hopefully well balanced. I had 3 different suspension setups, all close to each other, hope this is the correct one.

**Also, should be the best looking :sly: My daughter liked the pic so much she put it as her background on her account.

*How to drive a Chevy guy crazy, let him spend hours in this ride, over 250 miles, then ask if he wants the keys to his Camaro SS '10! :boggled: :dopey:

15393658931_6484c42524_c.jpg

Mustang Boss 302 '13

Laguna Blue Tintcoat
Ray's 57Xtreme inch up 1
Aero Type A

PP: 550
HP: 563
WEIGHT: 1350kg
WEIGHT DIST: 53:47
TIRE(S): Sport Soft
OIL CHANGE - NO

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // BRAKES: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 93 / 88
SPRINGS - 10.30 / 9.00
COMP - 4 / 3
EXT - 10 / 5
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.05 / 0.00
BRAKES - 4 / 5

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
- 5.500 // TOP SPEED TO - 124
1ST - 2.845
2ND - 2.090
3RD - 1.620
4TH - 1.325
5TH - 1.125
6TH - 0.985
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.700

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 9
ACCEL - 14
DECEL - 5

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Installed
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 2
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - No
POWER LIMITER - 95.9%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 31kg @ +37
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE: This may not be the fastest in the field but it should be comfortable and stable. hopefully well balanced. I had 3 different suspension setups, all close to each other, hope this is the correct one.

**Also, should be the best looking :sly: My daughter liked the pic so much she put it as her background on her account.

*How to drive a Chevy guy crazy, let him spend hours in this ride, over 250 miles, then ask if he wants the keys to his Camaro SS '10! :boggled: :dopey:
You'll be happy to hear that the modern Camaro is a unicorn car in GT6, I tested it as part of a potential challenge group and its way faster than anything similar in its PP class :lol:

You'll be happy to hear that the modern Camaro is a unicorn car in GT6, I tested it as part of a potential challenge group and its way faster than anything similar in its PP class :lol:
Yes it is, but I got this one real close in lap time at Willow Springs, might be a tough call which is more fun to drive.;)

Yes it is, but I got this one real close in lap time at Willow Springs, might be a tough call which is more fun to drive.;)
Shhh, you'll spoil the fun...
I was planning a modern Mustang/Camaro/Charger group at Cape Ring South but the Camaro was easily 2 seconds faster and scuppered my plans, the rear felt glued to the track in the same way as the Viper 13' does and despite having worse stats on paper it was noticeably quicker in all aspects.

These things would be much easier to organise if PD could show some consistency in their PP ratings :lol:

I was planning a modern Mustang/Camaro/Charger group at Cape Ring South but the Camaro was easily 2 seconds faster and scuppered my plans, the rear felt glued to the track in the same way as the Viper 13' does and despite having worse stats on paper it was noticeably quicker in all aspects.

These things would be much easier to organise if PD could show some consistency in their PP ratings :lol:
I noticed the same thing but when I tested them, I was planning an event that was too big. It was going to possibly be 3 classes with 8, 12, and 10 respectively.

Back