FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

Sorry about my lap times everyone. They ALL can get around faster than I could get them to. All cars were tested for 10 laps. Then retested for an additional 5 laps to make sure I could get everything I could out of them. Automatic Transmission and DS3. All reviews are just my opinion and are not meant to be harsh in any way. Great job everyone!!! Had a lot of fun testing your rides.
@787bcgr – 2006 Time: 1:01.798 DC 9.5
Wow. Awesome job!!! Just a bit loose going into the longer curve but very manageable. Fast and stable everywhere else.

@Badger66 – 2006 Time: 1:02.282 DC 8.5
Great job Badger!!! Some looseness on the corners cost some time on the track. Looking forward to driving more of your cars in the future.

@Bowtie-muscle – 2006 Time: 1:01.878 DC 9.5
Another great car here Bowtie-muscle. If it wasn’t for the wheel spin it would had been perfect. Had a lot of fun with this car.

@brian wolf – 2006 Time: 1:02.132 DC 8.5
Had a bit of trouble with this car at first. More than a few wall crashes. After getting settled in with it and learning it’s personality it got a lot better. Had to be cautious under braking.

@krenkme – 2006 Time: 1:01.921 DC 9.0
The understeer was present but seemed to grip just enough to power through most of the time. Loved the angles it was able to take.

@Lionheart2113 – 2006 Time: 1:01.883 DC 9.5
Awesome car right here Lionheart!!! A joy to drive. Wheelspin is the only thing that stopped this baby from being on top of the speed charts.

@NEWDRIVER2 – 2006 Time: 1:01.957 DC 9.0
Took a few laps to get used to this car. Once I did though I really enjoyed the ride. A bit loose through the corners and some liftoff throttle control was needed. Excellent job.

@Otaliema – 2006 Time: 1:01.918 DC 9.5
Awesome car here!!! Great job!! Very stable and easy to drive. A few wall bangers early on. Overall though I loved it and had a lot of fun.

@xande1959 - 2006 Time: 1:02.373 DC 8.0
Had some trouble with this one. Seemed to kick out on me sometimes and throw me off of my racing line.

@CyKosis1973 – 2013 Time: 1:02.147 DC 8.5
Just a bit of understeer but not too bad. Overall pretty stable and easy to drive.

@DolHaus – 2013 Time: 1:01.978 DC 9.0
A hint of understeer with this one but again very manageable. Braking could get interesting at times, but a nice solid tune.

@Motor City Hami – 2013 Time: 1:01.845 DC 9.5
You can tell you put a lot of time in this tune. It was awesome!!! Fast and stable. Perfect rotation through the corners. Just a treat to drive. Just a bit too much wheelspin.

@randyrockstiff – 2013 Time: 1:02.468 DC 7.5
I felt that corner rotation was off. Quite a few wall bangers early on. Had to lift off the throttle more than I wanted to get it through the corners.

@shaunm80 – 2013 Time: 1:02.153 DC 8.5
A nice solid tune. Good corner rotation. Some understeer and wheelspin kept it from being at the top.

@sinof1337 - 2013 Time: 1:02.456 DC 7.5
Had to be careful on throttle control. Some understeer elsewhere but not bad. Good corner rotation. Never could put down a great lap due to throttle control issues.

@ugabugaz – 2013 Time: 1:01.988 DC 9.0
A nice solid and fast tune. Could get a “Whoa” moment if pushing it just slightly above its’ limit. Fun car with character. Great job!!!

Sorry about my lap times everyone. They ALL can get around faster than I could get them to. All cars were tested for 10 laps. Then retested for an additional 5 laps to make sure I could get everything I could out of them. Automatic Transmission and DS3. All reviews are just my opinion and are not meant to be harsh in any way. Great job everyone!!! Had a lot of fun testing your rides.
Wow. Awesome job!!! Just a bit loose going into the longer curve but very manageable. Fast and stable everywhere else.
Great job Badger!!! Some looseness on the corners cost some time on the track. Looking forward to driving more of your cars in the future.
Another great car here Bowtie-muscle. If it wasn’t for the wheel spin it would had been perfect. Had a lot of fun with this car.
Had a bit of trouble with this car at first. More than a few wall crashes. After getting settled in with it and learning it’s personality it got a lot better. Had to be cautious under braking.
The understeer was present but seemed to grip just enough to power through most of the time. Loved the angles it was able to take.
Awesome car right here Lionheart!!! A joy to drive. Wheelspin is the only thing that stopped this baby from being on top of the speed charts.
Took a few laps to get used to this car. Once I did though I really enjoyed the ride. A bit loose through the corners and some liftoff throttle control was needed. Excellent job.
Awesome car here!!! Great job!! Very stable and easy to drive. A few wall bangers early on. Overall though I loved it and had a lot of fun.
Had some trouble with this one. Seemed to kick out on me sometimes and throw me off of my racing line.
Just a bit of understeer but not too bad. Overall pretty stable and easy to drive.
A hint of understeer with this one but again very manageable. Braking could get interesting at times, but a nice solid tune.
You can tell you put a lot of time in this tune. It was awesome!!! Fast and stable. Perfect rotation through the corners. Just a treat to drive. Just a bit too much wheelspin.
I felt that corner rotation was off. Quite a few wall bangers early on. Had to lift off the throttle more than I wanted to get it through the corners.
A nice solid tune. Good corner rotation. Some understeer and wheelspin kept it from being at the top.
Had to be careful on throttle control. Some understeer elsewhere but not bad. Good corner rotation. Never could put down a great lap due to throttle control issues.
A nice solid and fast tune. Could get a “Whoa” moment if pushing it just slightly above its’ limit. Fun car with character. Great job!!!
I might be mistaken, but is this your first review for FITT? Either way, great job, thanks for spending the time to test, and another thank you for the review!
And a side note...nothing wrong with your lap times.... 0.8ish separating the field, nicely done!👍👍

Thank you for driving it, wheel spin was hard to tame and make fast for me. Glad you managed a quik lap and enjoyed it. Might have to make you my personal tester.👍

I might be mistaken, but is this your first review for FITT? Either way, great job, thanks for spending the time to test, and another thank you for the review!
And a side note...nothing wrong with your lap times.... 0.8ish separating the field, nicely done!👍👍

2nd time and looking forward to doing a 3rd next challenge. :) Also a note to testers I might fiddle around with my settings for the Mustang challenge. That last corner is still killing my car.

Great job, thank you for testing and for the feedback 👍

Thank you @gtmetacrisis for Your time testing and your great review....15 laps per car...that's alot of time you put in testing.....Thanks again.....and your thumb must be hurting after this....Well done...👍

I just Wanna say thanks to all the testers for there hard work and to @Motor City Hami for organizing this advent and for letting me take part...as a newbie...👍

And for @shaunm80 for encouraging me to take part....:cheers:

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked the pic. Hope you like the car :nervous:

Fixed all problems in my post :tip:

@Lionheart2113 it said sport hard because some Id10t can't read the rules :banghead: (would explain the times I was getting though :dopey: )
Wasn't me about the tires... @Bowtie-muscle is the mad man on the ball building the tunes.:P So does that mean you are going to go back and adjust your tune to get times under 1:30.00???:mischievous:

Cheers for the review and feedback!:cheers: Was the back end coming round under braking? It was supposed to come round a bit to keep the speed up on entry. I think I got the brake balance wrong again!:dunce:

Also a note to testers I might fiddle around with my settings for the Mustang challenge. That last corner is still killing my car.
Like the guys were discussing earlier, could/would you please edit your post saying this^^ at the top or somewhere in bold letters (maybe even matte pink;)) so testers know? Sometimes replies get overlooked, I did that yesterday in @Bowtie-muscle thread.:dunce:

My disclaimer... Yes most of you know this by now, but this is mainly for the newcomers both involved in the competition and those lurking in the shadows.
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

FITT Ford Focus ST Challenge by MCH
Ford Focus ST '06
Ford Focus ST '13
Track(s):
London Reverse

Each tuner was drawn at random, but put in the order as listed to help Hami with the spreadsheet. I ran each car for 2 sets of 6 laps making sure that the tires were nicely warmed up. With this particular challenge it didn't take too long as I was roasting the Goody off of them by lap 6. In order to cover all of the lap times, I would need a 0.761 blanket!

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Ford Focus ST '06
@787bcgr
Time: 1:00.706
DC Score: 9.7
Review: The most comfortable car in the competition, hands down. Even if you aren't testing, this car is worth the drive. Just some minor understeer mid corner. Near perfect, very impressive!

@Badger66
Time: 1:01.230
DC Score: 8.5
Review: Stable and easy to drive. Hint of understeer right at corner exit. The mid turbo does seem to help through the esses and towards the end of the straights. Good job!

@Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:00.927
DC Score: 9.0
Review: Nothing wrong with the tune itself, just seems to want to spin the tires more on takeoff. Get that power to the ground and this tune would be Tune of The Week material. Was always fastest through the first turn.

@brian wolf
Time: 1:01.204
Review: Like all cars with severe TOE settings, it gets squirrely under heavy braking. Back up your braking points and sling this car into the turn. A slight push through the center and it doesn't like clipping the curb through the esses on the backstretch. Nothing major, good tune!

@krenkme
Time: 1:01.377
DC Score: 8.0
Review: Less understeer and this car could be something special. Had to wait just a little longer through the turn before hitting the gas which hurt the lap times. But after a few laps I was able to throw the car around more, but that snug/center condition would always appear.

Lionheart2113
Time: 1:00.663
DC Score: 9.5
Review: There is a lot more tire squealing throughout the lap than most other tunes, not sure if that's good or bad...I'm thinking the second one. It's still fast for me, but there is some minor understeer from center-off that can throw you off line. Yes, I ran the tune as posted (no front spoiler) but only gave myself 1 set of 6 laps.

@NEWDRIVER2
Time: 1:01.107
Review: The nose seemed to slide around more than others causing a push on corner entry. Change your line slightly and it becomes better. Time could be faster, but that push condition forces you to let off the throttle on the backstretch losing some speed.

@Otaliema
Time: 1.00.965
Review: Good solid tune. Great acceleration, just a little snug around the track. Easily managed.

@xande1959
Time: 1:01.216
Review: Solid tune, for the most part it did what you wanted it to. Had a strange wiggle under braking. The rear end wanted to lock up and slide out, but something in the front was making it snap back in line. Get used to that and it was easy to drive.

Average: I matched the PP/HP/Weight/Weight split as closely as the tune dictates. Check out the lap time...right up there with the fastest!?
Time: 1:00.689

Ford Focus ST '13
@CyKosis1973
Time: 1:01.389
Review: Very comfortable and solid tune. Stability is there, especially under braking. There is a tight condition that hurts it on the backstretch. Not sure why you say good luck, I found this car very easy to drive!

@DolHaus
Time: 1:00.824
DC Score: 9.4
Review: Not much to say, really. Tires didn't light up as bad as some others and it was very predictable I had 3 laps in a row within 0.005 of each other...nice job!

@Motor City Hami
Time: 1:00.732
DC Score: 9.6
Review: An absolute blast to drive. Be prepared to either be smiling or grinding your teeth with this one. Does not feel like you are driving an FF until you hit the gas and light up the fronts. 3 words...Fun, Fun, Fun!

@randyrockstiff
Time: 1:01.358
DC Score: 7.5
Review: Only major issue I had was that it seemed to lose its center rotation causing a tight condition. More noticeable when the weight shifted from one side to the other. Maybe a setting is adjusted too stiff?

@shaunm80
Time: 1:01.204
Review: Not too bad, just some understeer and lots of tire smoke. The inside wheel likes to stay red, I think I know what you were trying to do with the LSD, maybe just a couple of clicks too far!?

@sinof1337
Time: 1:01.424
DC Score: 7.5
Review: The braking was pretty good and helped with getting down into the corners, except for when bumps were involved. Seemed to bounce more than expected. Understeer on accel. But I was able to take that last turn with confidence every time with the braking and turn in.

@ugabugaz
Time: 1:01.008
Review: If you back up your braking points this car would slide and turn in beautifully, if you hit your marks. If not the understeer kicks in and has you into the wall. Fun to drive.

Average: Once again, just tried to match the main numbers as much as possible. Open to interpretation as to what parts can be installed. With the parts I installed, the power limiter reaches 97.6%. There is still room to either increase the power limiter or shed some pounds, but I wanted to try and get it close to all the numbers.
Time: 1:00.974

Testing these tunes was a blast and I couldn't believe how close the times were. Once I got going:banghead: Thank you to the tuners and a special thanks to Hami for setting this up!:cheers:
Thank you for the feedback, glad you enjoyed your laps in the focus yesterday, sounds like I went little conservative on the tune.

Sorry about my lap times everyone.

First, thank you a ton for testing. These competitions don't mean anything without people to test and provide feedback. Second, don't ever be worried whether your times are fast enough. We have a few super fast testers who can run some amazing times. By using average lap times, a person could be three seconds off the alien pace and yet it would still not hurt anyone's chances at the podium. What is important is that you tested each car in a similar environment with similar effort and your lap times only get compared to your other lap times.

I`ve got previous for setting the BB too far rearward on FFs so it might be a bit of both!👍
@Lionheart2113 Do you think the BB was a factor in the squirrelyness of my tune under braking?
I'd say that it was a combination of the high TOE (needed) and maybe a little too much rear brake (1-2 clicks). But I can also see driving style being a factor. I'm a straight line braker so all I had to do was back up the braking point , listen to the engine, and dive down into the turn. I would ask that to the other testers once they throw it around the track. These guys can just look at a tune and see where there are issues, even more so when they drive it! I on the other hand am still a "1 click up does this...1 click down does that" so my 2p is questionable.

Thank you in the review and the feedback, you got another 2 re the out it from what I did during testing so your not slow, your consistent and that's more important than bloody fast.

I'd say that it was a combination of the high TOE (needed) and maybe a little too much rear brake (1-2 clicks). But I can also see driving style being a factor. I'm a straight line braker so all I had to do was back up the braking point , listen to the engine, and dive down into the turn. I would ask that to the other testers once they throw it around the track. These guys can just look at a tune and see where there are issues, even more so when they drive it! I on the other hand am still a "1 click up does this...1 click down does that" so my 2p is questionable.
I`m hoping its driving style! I spent ages testing BB with wheel and pedals, and DS3 after what happened at Brands Hatch last time we did an FF shootout! I was certain I`d got it right this time.................:dunce:

I`m hoping its driving style! I spent ages testing BB with wheel and pedals, and DS3 after what happened at Brands Hatch last time we did an FF shootout! I was certain I`d got it right this time.................:dunce:
I noticed when I was building race tunes for my touring cars that there was never really any point in putting a brake balance on the tune, I'd just leave an advisory on how they worked best for me. It varies from driver to driver, some like rotation on entry, some like straight line stability, some like delicate brakes, some like snatchy brakes, as long as they work and that's pretty much the most you can ask :lol:

Ford GT '05

'05 GT and GT500.jpg

GT '05 Vehicle Card.png

Well after an hour and half of tinkering I'll just leave my original tune as is.
Just couldn't find the right balance. I made it better one place and maxe it worse in other areas. Throttle control is a must in the last corner. Get it right whoo hoo!! Get it wrong and my pink car is going to get very dusty. :)

@DolHaus please let me know if you make any changes. Black or dark Gray?
@gtmetacrisis likewise, if you make a change, tag me (and other testers) in a post please.
@krenkme Are you sure you are going to leave it? On Sport Soft it should improve anyway so just asking.

Thanks gentlemen. :)

Yeah, I'm sure I'm done with it. I like to not change things when I post them, and I will have no time until the deadline. I don't expect much speed out of it anyway. Just hope the testers enjoy the drive :dopey:

Back