FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

Just wanted to know, is it nowadays online technology makes laptimes same as offline time trial, not like GT5 anymore? Or 1 to 2 seconds slower than time trial mode? Thks for great race tuner...

Just wanted to know, is it nowadays online technology makes laptimes same as offline time trial, not like GT5 anymore? Or 1 to 2 seconds slower than time trial mode? Thks for great race tuner...
There is slightly less grip online but you will only really notice it if you are setting up a car to be perfectly suited to a particular track.
Sometimes offline setups will change characteristics very slightly depending on how you've set them up, safe and grippy cars might start showing more understeer, knife edged cars that are on the very limit offline might become unmanageable online.
The effects vary and are easily remedied by making small adjustments to the dominant tuning components 👍

Tuner or test driver or just looking to share your insightful knowledge?

"Looking to share my knowledge"? Good to see you can get over a grudge! You're high if you think I would participate in this :) Was just responding to a comment that is amusing. The whole tire modelling system is unnatural dabomb4. Dk why you choose racing tires. Comforts feel unnatural to me too, because they feel no different other than a lack of grip. You can't feel the sidewall roll, soft sidewall, etc. They're all unnatural in many senses. Not my problem if you don't want to use a tire, but it is amusing to someone who will use anything.

Last edited:
"Looking to share my knowledge"? Good to see you can get over a grudge!
Looking for another argument, eh?

Unfortunately this is neither the time nor the place and it would be unfair on those who came here to have fun and those who have taken the time to arrange it to fill the thread up with an unrelated discussion.

@ImToLegitToQuit has invited you to a private discussion on the subject of tyres so please feel free to continue it there.

(Nice post edit by the way, makes you seem much less vindictive than before.)

"Looking to share my knowledge"? I suppose it was silly of me to support one of your comments/decisions on here for once. I couldn't care less about participating. Especially if your going to be condescending like that, after I was making sense of your decision. Was merely reading and found his comment pathetic/amusing. Unnatural grip - lol. The entire tire modelling system is unnatural dabomb4!

Looking for another argument, eh?

Unfortunately this is neither the time nor the place and it would be unfair on those who came here to have fun and those who have taken the time to arrange it to fill the thread up with an unrelated discussion.

@ImToLegitToQuit has invited you to a private discussion on the subject of tyres so please feel free to continue it there.

(Nice post edit by the way, makes you seem much less vindictive than before.)

"Looking to share my knowledge"? I suppose it was silly of me to support one of your comments/decisions on here for once. I couldn't care less about participating. Especially if your going to be condescending like that, after I was making sense of your decision. Was merely reading and found his comment pathetic/amusing. Unnatural grip - lol. The entire tire modelling system is unnatural dabomb4!
Not looking to argue. Don't want to ruin the thread as I know you guys take these challenges somewhat seriously.

"Looking to share my knowledge"? Good to see you can get over a grudge! You're high if you think I would participate in this :) Was just responding to a comment that is amusing. The whole tire modelling system is unnatural dabomb4. Dk why you choose racing tires. Comforts feel unnatural to me too, because they feel no different other than a lack of grip. You can't feel the sidewall roll, soft sidewall, etc. They're all unnatural in many senses. Not my problem if you don't want to use a tire, but it is amusing to someone who will use anything.

Any grudge is only perceived on your end. Frankly, I forgot that you existed until you stopped in to muddy up my competition.

With guys like you, who know it all, I just keep waiting for some actual tunes to be posted. Put your money where your mouth is and start posting tunes or join a competition like this and let the lap times fall where they may. And if you don't like FITT events then create one of your own that meets whatever better standard you can come up with.

You're high if you think I would participate in this.
It would be interesting to have a master like you wow us with one of your fabulous tunes sir, but this statement of yours makes you sound like you are better than us and too stubborn to prove it.

And yes, you have a point with the rest of the tire model not being up to par, but my opinion is just that, an opinion. I also said it is my preference, if I feel the car I am tuning needs racing tires, then I will use them. I prefer trying to control the slip of the harder tires though.

As everyone including you stated:
Not looking to argue. Don't want to ruin the thread as I know you guys take these challenges somewhat seriously.
So if you would like to continue the discussion, you can either pm someone or create a thread about this discussion.

Enjoy your day,
DMS

urgggggg....NOOOOO!!!! What's...happening.... to meeeeeeeee????!!!!

I have joined the dark side. From this day forth, I will not be known as krenkme during this competition, I am now the "Former Underling Called Krenkme"...:lol::dopey:

and these are my subjects *evil laugh*
Syracuse-Night_zpse7e9c24b.jpg

I'm an idiot :dopey:

Last edited:
0.100 seconds means it is no differences of all nowadays! Yes, I agree cos I tested it myself. Just to make sure not one second at least. But online race will be slower & a little slippery as Dolhaus said cos tires wear. Thks for your info anyway!

I just wanted to make sure cos good tuner don't have to tune online again. From my knowledge the tires need to warm up at least one lap just to equal offline time trial lap time. I wonder if the tires warm up with very less fuel, not like full fuel on time trial, could it laps 1 or 2 seconds faster just like the real Formula One. Lol...

Last edited:
ugg power understeering FF cars....CS tires with 250+ ft/lbs torque I don't think I have tires left on the front end of the car :lol:
I don't think there is a diffference in the cars in terms of handling, at least with the Focus ST's running with in .1 of each other at London.
Great track pick @Motor City Hami forgot how much fun London reverse was.
As far as I know, the chassis/suspension pick up points & locations on both models are exactly the same.
The only differences being visual, engine & gearbox.

As far as I know, the chassis/suspension pick up points & locations on both models are exactly the same.
The only differences being visual, engine & gearbox.

The 2013 version was all new and added lots of technology. They did not use a limited slip, rather opting for Torque Vectoring Control which provides enhanced traction and handling using brakes to adjust speed between front wheels while accelerating through corners, according to Ford's website. But I am sure that PD did not program any of this into the game.

I have not gotten a chance to drive a Focus ST yet. I did get to drive a Titanium version of the 2013 Focus with Torque Vectoring and it was awesome. No front drive understeer.

Does anyone know??? Question, IF I am currently in car "A", go to Arcade Mode select Time Trial then the track. IF I choose from favorites either car "B" or "C" and test them, does the mileage add up? Reason being, this is what I started doing with both of my ST's. Fairly sure they will not get much better and I'm sort of happy with them, however, the mileage is low on both and I thought I put more laps in then the mileage shown. I have changed each to the current car but one is at 39.9 miles and the other at only 41.4 miles????:confused: Did I tune that well that fast (not likely) or is the mileage not all added??:odd:

On another note, which to choose? One is slightly faster (.267) and one is more consistent and feels better to me. Any changes make little to no difference anymore so I am likely ready to post once I choose. Think I will do the same as I did with my NSX and shelve them for 2-3 days and then revisit before I make final choice.

Nice close selection you made here @Motor City Hami in cars, the track on the other hand I despise more than any other in game:yuck: but think I have gotten better at it :sly:.

Does anyone know??? Question, IF I am currently in car "A", go to Arcade Mode select Time Trial then the track. IF I choose from favorites either car "B" or "C" and test them, does the mileage add up? Reason being, this is what I started doing with both of my ST's. Fairly sure they will not get much better and I'm sort of happy with them, however, the mileage is low on both and I thought I put more laps in then the mileage shown. I have changed each to the current car but one is at 39.9 miles and the other at only 41.4 miles????:confused: Did I tune that well that fast (not likely) or is the mileage not all added??:odd:

On another note, which to choose? One is slightly faster (.267) and one is more consistent and feels better to me. Any changes make little to no difference anymore so I am likely ready to post once I choose. Think I will do the same as I did with my NSX and shelve them for 2-3 days and then revisit before I make final choice.

Nice close selection you made here @Motor City Hami in cars, the track on the other hand I despise more than any other in game:yuck: but think I have gotten better at it :sly:.
Go with speed :) Speed is good!

The mileage in arcade mode is patchy at best, sometimes its there, sometimes it isn't. :odd:

The mileage in arcade mode is patchy at best, sometimes its there, sometimes it isn't. :odd:
I've noticed that if more of your laps for a session are red than clean the mileage tends not to be present when you leave arcade mode.

As for the car, I'd go with the one that's easier to drive, this is not a well known track so driver friendliness will play a larger than normal role in lap time.

The 2013 version was all new and added lots of technology. They did not use a limited slip, rather opting for Torque Vectoring Control which provides enhanced traction and handling using brakes to adjust speed between front wheels while accelerating through corners, according to Ford's website. But I am sure that PD did not program any of this into the game.

I have not gotten a chance to drive a Focus ST yet. I did get to drive a Titanium version of the 2013 Focus with Torque Vectoring and it was awesome. No front drive understeer.
I've driven a bucket load of MkI and MkII Focuses, from 1600cc up to 2000cc, both petrol and diesel. I still remember the first time I got behind the wheel of one. I drove across country from Dorset to Gloucestershire. My cheeks ached from smiling by the time I got there, I couldn't believe how well the car drove compared to every other 'family-sized hatchback' of the time. It was remarkable. Other manufacturers have substantially up'd their game since then, you could throw a handkerchief over most of them these days.

I've not driven any of the ST cars, but I do intend of owning a Fiesta ST. I didn't know that the Torque Vectoring system was available on models other than the STs, that might explain why the Titanium is a popular model over here. I understand it's a fantastic system, I'm guessing you've tried driving the ones in game without a custom diff to see how they drive?

{Cy}

[QUOTE="Otaliema, post: 10099247, member: 243097"n ]I've noticed that if more of your laps for a session are red thaclean the mileage tends not to be present when you leave arcade mode.

As for the car, I'd go with the one that's easier to drive, this is not a well known track so driver friendliness will play a larger than normal role in lap time.[/QUOTE]
What are you trying to say about my driving?:odd:

[QUOTE="Otaliema, post: 10099247, member: 243097"n ]I've noticed that if more of your laps for a session are red thaclean the mileage tends not to be present when you leave arcade mode.

As for the car, I'd go with the one that's easier to drive, this is not a well known track so driver friendliness will play a larger than normal role in lap time.
What are you trying to say about my driving?:odd:[/QUOTE]
I think its self evident really.... What more need to be said :) Im sure your driving isn't that bad. your car was probably just giving french kisses to every other barrier and wall it could find. Id have words with it if I were you.

Back