FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

Yeah, Jane and Michael are busy so I was trying to make some time for this event.;) Old sweaty is holding up....just, but I have yet to try the GT category. I am limited on playing time, so I didn't want to sign up then have to bail out. I'm hoping that IF I can get a tune or two submitted, Hami will find it in his heart to let me drive the testers insane. If not, I'll probably sign up for testing.

Should I sign you up as tentative and for which classes?

I've not driven any of the ST cars, but I do intend of owning a Fiesta ST. I didn't know that the Torque Vectoring system was available on models other than the STs, that might explain why the Titanium is a popular model over here. I understand it's a fantastic system, I'm guessing you've tried driving the ones in game without a custom diff to see how they drive?

{Cy}

I don't think that PD programmed for Torque Vectoring. We drove that Titanium in real life around the parking lot at work. We used the light poles to create a little road course. We ragged that car and it was awesome. I really thought about getting the Focus ST instead of the Boss 302 when I was in the market.

I am double posting, but screw it, it's my thread and it's a completely different subject than the post above.

I am really putting the time in on the Focus tuning. You all need to bring your A game if you want the top spot. The side of my brain that understands real world tuning and the other side of my brain that understands GT6 tuning are having a huge argument. So much so that my head hurts.

I am double posting, but screw it, it's my thread and it's a completely different subject than the post above.

I am really putting the time in on the Focus tuning. You all need to bring your A game if you want the top spot. The side of my brain that understands real world tuning and the other side of my brain that understands GT6 tuning are having a huge argument. So much so that my head hurts.
Your thread, have at it.

Use your real world side please.:sly:

Ford Focus 13 FITT challenge tune.

274bhp
450pp
1324kg
54/46

Parts fitted

Comfort soft tyres
Full custom suspension
Racing brakes
6 Speed transmission
Full custom LSD
Triple plate clutch
Racing exhaust
Intake tuning
Stage 2 weight reduction
Aero kit type A

THE TUNE

SUSPENSION
RH 90/85
SR 6.51/11.50
DC 6/4
DE 6/4
ARB 2/4
CAM 2.2/1.8
TOE -0.10/0.08
BRAKES 6/7

LSD

7/18/8

power limiter 90%

53kg @ -10

Just a quick tune ive managed to put together between work and family. Hope you enjoy folks

Sounds like a 58 second lap time in the works. :P this is going to be a rockin test section when I get to it. :)

So... RL torque vectoring = automatic left foot braking?

Yes, but with the ability for the computer to brake each of the four wheels separately depending upon the conditions that it is reading. If the computer detects understeer, it is likely to apply a slight amount of braking to the inside front wheel. For oversteer it should apply brakes to either the outside front and inside rear or just the inside rear depending on how severely out of shape you are. It really does work and did not seem to slow the car down one bit. We just wore out a little brake pad material, I guess.

Yes, but with the ability for the computer to brake each of the four wheels separately depending upon the conditions that it is reading. If the computer detects understeer, it is likely to apply a slight amount of braking to the inside front wheel. For oversteer it should apply brakes to either the outside front and inside rear or just the inside rear depending on how severely out of shape you are. It really does work and did not seem to slow the car down one bit. We just wore out a little brake pad material, I guess.
I assumed it was more similar to Mitsubishi's AYC system or an E-Diff in that it used the torque feedback from the separate wheels to determine how much power to send to each one. Fascinating stuff though 👍

Well I think I have my tune almost done. The only thing left to solve is removing the power understeer present in the long left hand sweeper...I feel if that can be taken out I stand to gain at least .2. This track/car/tire combo is brilliant, super fun.

I look forward with great anticipation to the day when both sides of the brain can have a long & harmonious marriage producing many children without a split personality :D

I would expect nothing less. 👍 What sort of times are you running? :nervous:

I have not run London reverse yet. Have been tuning in the national b event on London forward with AI traffic.

270350 km/h on a night track... vrs 150 km/h on a city course...Just a bit :lol:
@Motor City Hami just to confirm we are to run this on the Night course correct? or is day time allowed?

Must test drive at night in the spirit of the 24 hours of Daytona.

Fixed my power understeer by lowering the initial torque in the LSD.

Edit: Noticed I didn't have racing brakes equipped. Added those and maybe it's just me, but it seems like the car is more eager to rotate after braking. Same stopping distance as the regular ones.

Last edited:
Am I correct, 1:17s at Willow with the Ponies? Not there but I believe that is the goal. Am I right? Hami should be in the 1:16 range.:ouch::ouch:

I have not driven the Mustangs there yet. I put a basic set up on all of the Mustangs then drove them at Silverstone because I like that track so much. The three Mustangs in the competition provide an interesting challenge. They can all be made to achieve similar lap times but each in their own way. I also tested the '05, the SVT, the older Shelbys and the Mach 1, but the difference in lap time/speed got out of hand. It would have been a nightmare for both tuners and testers.

Plus, I am not a big fan of Willow Springs. Not enough tight twisty stuff for my tunes to gain much advantage. I have not decided if I am going to tune for the Mustang class yet.

My trip to Dubai just got cancelled. Not such a good time to fly over ISIS territory when our President has decided to drop bombs in a few countries that he does not lead.

Last edited:
For anyone tuning Ford GT, could you do a simple ride height test please? (testing max/min, min/min, min/max, max/max)

I'm curious to see if others confirm tragic understeer with max/min and min/min on the embanked turns.

For anyone tuning Ford GT, could you do a simple ride height test please? (testing max/min, min/min, min/max, max/max)

I'm curious to see if others confirm tragic understeer with max/min and min/min on the embanked turns.
GT40 RH No Aero Stock FCS, Daytona RC;
Max/Min; Flat turns Snap rotation and weight transfer causing uncontrolled Over steer, Banked turns massive understeer under full throttle over 300 km/h, at 50% throttle or less than 300 km/h no understeer,
Max/Max; Exit understeer all turns, Embanked turns, no issues till exit.
Min/Max; Best handling in embanked turns held any line, flat turn snap weight transfer issues, under into over steer.
Min/Min; 50% throttle or more or 300 km/h+ understeer in banked turns, flat turns best handling.
Suspect has to do with the tail being too low.
Test
Min/Mid; No understeer issues in any turn. Controllable oversteer in all turns.

Last edited:
GT40 RH No Aero Stock FCS, Daytona RC;
Max/Min; Flat turns Snap rotation and weight transfer causing uncontrolled Oversteer, Banked turns massive understeer under full throttle over 300 km/h, at 50% throttle or less than 300 km/h no understeer,
Max/Max; Exit understeer all turns, Embanked turns, no issues.
Max/Min; Best handling in embanked turns held any line, flat turn snap weight transfer issues, under into over steer.
Min/Min; 50% throttle or more or 300 km/h+ understeer in banked turns, flat turns best handling.
Suspect has to do with the tail being too low.
Test
Min/Mid; No understeer issues in any turn. Controllable oversteer in all turns.
thanks
Max/Min; Best handling in embanked turns held any line, flat turn snap weight transfer issues, under into over steer.
This is for Min/Max I guess, right?

I was getting bad understeer on embanked turns with rear at min with either min/min or max/min from 250km/h+, I guess worse understeer at less high speeds from effects of other settings.

Back