FITT Heart and Seoul Challenge

• Thread starter sinof1337
  • 154 comments
Jeje6410 tune
1:22.984 on lap 8
Rank #7
Inside wheel spins too much and kills exit speed and it unsettled the car through the esses. Better lsd setting would make this a much quicker car. A little too much understeer for me. Trans good.
image-jpeg.590945

Thanks a lot @pretend racer for your tests! !!! It's right, as you said, the LSD is not perfect and I had a problem to make it. It's a real pleasure to read that. Thanks too for your video. Thanks my friend :bowdown: :cheers: :cheers:

Shaunm80 tune
Rank #2
1:22.671 lap 9
no understeer well balanced goes where its pointed. Lsd is perfect, tranny works great - best gearing through esses. Brakes are great. Didn't use 6th gear...
View attachment 591017
Thank you for the review. Awesome lap time and your driving was as smooth as anything in the video posted for it. Great use of the kerbs! Very happy with the result. Very consistent times all around by the way! great to have you involved in FITT testing.

@pretend racer : Thanks for the feedback, I didn't use much of the curb when testing, while the snap oversteer, mmm, I didn't encounter this as far as I can remember. Did you install the wheel as in the tune ? PDI P525 ? If you are interested, you can download the replay I included in the tune to see how I drove the car. The car I think have 1:20s in it.

I'll have to double check whether or not I changed the wheels, I'll let you know. Would they really make that much difference?

Edit;

Ok I double checked what I had entered for your tune and it turns out I did not change the wheels And I forgot to adjust the final gear from 3.000 to 3.300. I think that would have an effect on your tune.

So of course now I'm feeling a little embarrassed because I can't follow direction very well apparently. I figured I had better double check all of my tunes for accuracy. Turns out, I'm not cut out for any kind of data entry career! Here's a run down of all the mistakes I made...

@Lionheart2113 @Jeje6410 @787bcgr @Ridox2JZGTE all had the wrong wheels.

@OdeFinn wrong downforce level. I had 15 instead of 10. Also, wrong wheels.

@sinof1337 i didnt put a wing on it at all. Wrong wheels too.

I guess we'll just have to take my reviews with a grain of salt until I can put together a rerun with the Actual settings that I should have been using.

My apologies everyone, I'll go do some more driving now.

Last edited:
I'll have to double check whether or not I changed the wheels, I'll let you know. Would they really make that much difference?

Edit;

Ok I double checked what I had entered for your tune and it turns out I did not change the wheels And I forgot to adjust the final gear from 3.000 to 3.300. I think that would have an effect on your tune.

So of course now I'm feeling a little embarrassed because I can't follow direction very well apparently. I figured I had better double check all of my tunes for accuracy. Turns out, I'm not cut out for any kind of data entry career! Here's a run down of all the mistakes I made...

I guess we'll just have to take my reviews with a grain of salt until I can put together a rerun with the Actual settings that I should have been using.

Although a career in data entry might not suit you;), you do get the honesty award. It takes a lot to re-test, and even more to admit to the mistakes. I (and I'm sure everyone else) appreciate it. If only some of the people I work with could do the same.:banghead:
:cheers:

Edit;

Thanks for being honest about the testing. It shows how much this testing means to you and your a credit to FITT.

Edit;

I appreciate very much your honesty :bowdown:. It is rare these days. Fortunately, some people like you able to recognize their mistakes. And frankly I think that nobody wants you. :cheers:

Xande1959 tune
1:22.961 lap 5
Rank #4
Min. understeering, great lsd. Brakes are great. Puts power down great! Nice and stiff chassis. Confidence inspiring but looses time because of the understeer.

great job in all congratulate tests. this car understeer and marked two factors contribute or mechanical traction (LSD) high would have to make new adjustments or suspension there you would have to do another set..:cheers::bowdown:
tank you very much .

Thanks for all tuners, compo cars wasn't easiest ones to get quick and comfortable, still results are stunning.

My approach of testing tunes to check how easily they can be adapted, so I gave only 5 laps per car, all 0km cars, no bended bodies or anything mess on car, few tuners haven't inform rim type and those I use stock rims, few haven't inform which of mentioned model rims and those I used first one of them.
If giving extra five laps to all it might change bit time tables, but it also break adaptability test idea, and also it would give my own tune advantage what is not fair.
My own tune was driven on Autumn Ring last time before test when I made it, then I have drive it in other tracks only, also it was last car on tests to drive, to get confused my driving before jumping in it.

In replay zip there is also one extra replay, I had to check what happens to Hyundai if i do super quick base tuning to it, three laps of testing/tuning, means slamming something from hat in to it and one lap, changing bit and second lap, again changing bit and third lap, then doing testing, got quite stable, but not fast (1:24.305) cruiser out of it.

Testing is done with G27 modded with AP Electrix pressure sensitive break mod.
Sensi/ffb/ffbs 6/6/10

@sinof1337
Lap Time: DC: 1:21.908 - #2nd
Impressions of Tune:
"Quite fine" it stays always on smooth slide, grips just enough on corners.
Well done, polishing is definitely done on this tune, it was pleasure to drive.
Second only because it needs bit more skills than @Ridox2JZGTE car to go smoothly around track.

@squander
Lap Time: DC: 1:24.031 - #6th
Impressions of Tune:
Lot of good in this tune, final polishing just missing, your tunes will rise on later on challenges.
Bit too soft damper compression maybe, and slightly too long final.
Keep on tuning, you got excellent direction on this.

@fordlaser777
Lap Time: DC: 1:23.621 - #7th
Impressions of Tune:
Thin line dancer - not leaving lot of room for mistakes, works nice when you stay on thin line.
Mild wobbling from suspension, something springy and still mushy there.
Needs bit more polishing <- phrase of whole compo on this time. :)

@Jeje6410
Lap Time: DC: 1:24.076 - #9th
Impressions of Tune:
Lot of good vibes on here, promises lot, but when it needs to work it starts to break.
Direction of tune is right, but it feels like few phases of polishing is missing, waiting for your next tune.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: DC: 1:23.091 - #1st
Impressions of Tune:
Felt like sitting in track car, no special tricks to keep car on track, it tells driver instantly what he is and how he want to be treated on track.
This gave me most trust to car on all of these tunes, no bouncing, flipping, sudden bad habits, he told on first meters at he's stiff car and wants to treated as is.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time: DC: 1:22.285 - #3rd
Impressions of Tune:
Me like, gotta like, but like testers have seen this needs also polishing.
2nd gear gives lot too much engine brake and torque and has tendency to give extra load to driver on slow speed corners, 3rd gear suits nearly any corner of throttle control is ok to driver.
Understeer if driver start to questioning turnability, but if driver trusts car and just push more throttle on there car will turn nice and gently.
Bit slow, like mentioned, gearbox is lazy man version..

@xande1959
Lap Time: DC: 1:23.426 - #5th
Impressions of Tune:
Snow rally car on tarmac - bit too soft suspension leaves bit of nervous body roll, but balance is good and you can throw car freely and regain traction again easily. Gears.. Well lot of them, have to change gear bit too often to feel comfortable on driving.
Overall packet is good, bit stiffer suspension and it would be even better.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: DC: 1:23.270 - #4th
Impressions of Tune:
Suspension has weird flap on occasional places, maybe damper extension too mild on front?(don't have setup in mind or near to check what type of settings there were), but that isn't a big deal, more like cosmetic on whole tune.
Traction is average+ and regaining traction after loss same too, tune isn't feeling heavy as @shaunm80 but maybe little bit heavier than @xande1959 and that's not a bad thing.
Again there is lot of gears to choose, finding out what great fits on current corner is quite easy on your case, just remembering at it's made for automatic and trying to shift like automatic it should, should do its job, but my entry/mid corner speeds probably varied so much from yours at had to shuffle between gears.

@shaunm80
Lap Time: DC: 1:23.817 - #8th
Impressions of Tune:
Something weird on balance, front feels really heavy and rear light.
Tendency to understeer until rear breaks traction and then starts oversteer.
Brakes are braking front grip what leads also entry stage understeer.
Feels like something is limiting suspension free movements and causing lot of mentioned things.
(This car had 3 extra lap, coz it was my wake-up car, half second improvement from first run)

@787bcgr
Lap Time: DC: 1:22.003 - #10th
Impressions of Tune:
This car needs instructions as follow: Keep either pedal fully down or exercise your hands a lot.
Car has only one message to driver: I want to KILL YOU!
Truly TT-tune, comfortable is thing what is not included on this one, it feels absolutely crazy, wants to look inside corner audience faces, then quick blink outside and wroom it's gone to next corner.
Ballet what this car gives is not for amateurs, it will surprise you on time table, even it feels impossible after those drifted corners and straights.

Attachments

• fitt_heartnseoul_bestlapreplays.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: DC: 1:23.091 - #1st
Impressions of Tune:
Felt like sitting in track car, no special tricks to keep car on track, it tells driver instantly what he is and how he want to be treated on track.
This gave me most trust to car on all of these tunes, no bouncing, flipping, sudden bad habits, he told on first meters at he's stiff car and wants to treated as is.

Thank you for the feedback :P Could I asked for more detailed breakdown, how's the car going on curbs or mid corner oversteer, any issue that are similar to what other testers encountered ? and 1st in DC, I can't believe my eyes, is this not a mistake, tell me it's not a mistake, I never have DC #1 :eek:, could it be #10 ? If you want more pleasure from the car, drive it at Apricot Hill Reverse, it's a real blast there, feels like NSX, Korean NSX :lol: :P

Edit;

No worries mate, take your time ( make sure the wheels, wing/aero, final gear are correct :) ), and if you can, get the replay I included on the tune post for ghost when driving those Spirras, it's good for giving the lines, where the car braked, etc. I think I did low 1:21s on the Spirra. I set the gearing that it hits top speed just before braking for 1st turn ( close to 130mph if not mistaken )

@Ridox2JZGTE I can take it under magnifying glass and tell deeper behavior when starting GT6 next time.
1st isn't mistake, @sinof1337 was close to take that.

This goes also other tuners if you are interested to get deeper examination of your tune then ask it.

Thanks for all tuners, compo cars wasn't easiest ones to get quick and comfortable, still results are stunning.
@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: DC: 1:23.270 - #4th
Impressions of Tune:
Suspension has weird flap on occasional places, maybe damper extension too mild on front?(don't have setup in mind or near to check what type of settings there were), but that isn't a big deal, more like cosmetic on whole tune.
Traction is average+ and regaining traction after loss same too, tune isn't feeling heavy as @shaunm80 but maybe little bit heavier than @xande1959 and that's not a bad thing.
Again there is lot of gears to choose, finding out what great fits on current corner is quite easy on your case, just remembering at it's made for automatic and trying to shift like automatic it should, should do its job, but my entry/mid corner speeds probably varied so much from yours at had to shuffle between gears.

Thanks for the review and your description is more than fair. (Being the quickest Genesis helps too!!:P) The suspension is very soft... as you can tell I am very "greedy" when it comes to the rumble strips on this track. Apologies for the transmission, on a short track like this, I'm glad to be an auto user... my thumbs would probably break off!:lol:
:cheers:

My approach of testing tunes to check how easily they can be adapted, so I gave only 5 laps per car, all 0km cars, no bended bodies or anything mess on car, few tuners haven't inform rim type and those I use stock rims, few haven't inform which of mentioned model rims and those I used first one of them.
If giving extra five laps to all it might change bit time tables, but it also break adaptability test idea, and also it would give my own tune advantage what is not fair.
My own tune was driven on Autumn Ring last time before test when I made it, then I have drive it in other tracks only, also it was last car on tests to drive, to get confused my driving before jumping in it.

In replay zip there is also one extra replay, I had to check what happens to Hyundai if i do super quick base tuning to it, three laps of testing/tuning, means slamming something from hat in to it and one lap, changing bit and second lap, again changing bit and third lap, then doing testing, got quite stable, but not fast (1:24.305) cruiser out of it.

Testing is done with G27 modded with AP Electrix pressure sensitive break mod.
Sensi/ffb/ffbs 6/6/10

@shaunm80
Lap Time: DC: 1:23.817 - #8th
Impressions of Tune:
Something weird on balance, front feels really heavy and rear light.
Tendency to understeer until rear breaks traction and then starts oversteer.
Brakes are braking front grip what leads also entry stage understeer.
Feels like something is limiting suspension free movements and causing lot of mentioned things.
(This car had 3 extra lap, coz it was my wake-up car, half second improvement from first run)
Thanks for the review. Sorry the tune wasn't to your style but you managed a great lap time out of it none the less. :)

@Jeje6410
Lap Time: DC: 1:24.076 - #9th
Impressions of Tune:
Lot of good vibes on here, promises lot, but when it needs to work it starts to break.
Direction of tune is right, but it feels like few phases of polishing is missing, waiting for your next tune

Thanks a lot @OdeFinn for your reviews and your comments for this tune. I will try to do my better next tune. Thanks again :cheers:

Retesting complete!

image.jpeg

Reviews will be posted shortly!!

Ok some interesting results, some expected (by me) and other results a little surprising.

I kinda thought that adding a wing to @sinof1337 tune would make it a bit slower, and it did by about 3tenths. I'm surprised no one noticed the lack of a wing on the replay I provided, btw.

Fixing the gearing improved my time with @Ridox2JZGTE tune by a couple of tenths - also to be expected.

Changing the wheels on @Jeje6410 and @787bcgr had no effect on laptime - difference between laptimes was 0.003, and 0.05 seconds, respectively.

Lowering the downforce on @OdeFinn tune allowed me to make up 0.5 seconds. Which kinda surprised me.
Changing the wheels on @Lionheart2113 tune did gain me about 2 tenths.
Both of these results might just be to me Not making the driving mistakes I did on the first tests. In both of these cars I had multiple laps ahead of my fastest ghost but couldn't finish the lap ahead of myself...

So I had about half an hour so I threw together this tune. It got me 1:22.846 on lap 6.
It's got a bit of understeer, and is a little loose, not quite the way I'd like it but here it is:

421hp
335 ft lbs
56/44
1246 kg
SM tires

Suspension
118/118
5.31/6.95
5/5
6/4
2/2
0/0
-0.22/0.53

Racing brakes
1/9

Lsd
8/24/9

Power
99.4%
Isometric exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter sports
Intake tuning

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Stock wheels

Transmission:
Reset to default
Top speed 155mph
1: 3.407
2: 2.402
3: 1.858
4: 1.501
5: 1.250
6: 1.069
Final gear 3.720

image.jpeg

Have a go let me know if you like it.

OdeFinn tune
1:22.046 lap 10
I was a bit out of practise, and I kept trying to downshift before I was supposed to which resulted in bad things. By lap 8 I had figured out to not downshift at the wrong times.
Not as easy to drive as I remember it, otherwise my comments remain the same as last time.
image.jpeg

787bcgr tune
1:21.655 lap 6
Now that I know not to downshift too early this car feels completely different than last time. No more liftoff throttle oversteer of death! Not scared of this car at all anymore. In fact I quite liked it.
image.jpeg

OdeFinn tune
1:22.046 lap 10
I was a bit out of practise, and I kept trying to downshift before I was supposed to which resulted in bad things. By lap 8 I had figured out to not downshift at the wrong times.
Not as easy to drive as I remember it, otherwise my comments remain the same as last time.
:cool:
One thing to shuffle pack bit more, this just for curiosity, not for doing it for compo, try to smash car once on wall (front and rear hits give different effect) and do few laps, then go to GT AUTO and repair body rigidity and try to do few laps more. You'll get surprised with results.

Thanks for honesty on testing and using your time to do proper testing.

Jeje6410 tune
1:22.083 lap 6
Same one wheely peely machine!
image.jpeg

Unfortunately my PS3 froze and I wasn't able to save the replay. But it probably looked exactly the same as last time considering the time difference was only 0.003 seconds.

Lionheart2113 tune
1:21.672 lap 8
Same feelings as last time.
image.jpeg

So new rankings order:
1. Shaunm80
2. Sinoff1337
3. Lionheart2113
4. Xande1959
5. OdeFinn
6. Fordlaser777
7. 787bcgr
8. Squander
9. Ridox2JZGTE
10. Jeje6410

Again it's super hard to actually rank these tunes. Great job guys you made my job really really difficult!

Cars: Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04 and Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '08
Regulations:
Track: Autumn Ring Reverse (1.83mi / 8°C @ 14:00)
Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: ON
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (Stick)
X throttle
[] brake
Automatic Transmission
---------------------------------

Any comments are not meant as criticism of a tune or tuner, these are just my opinions. I've tried my best with every tune to drive them as fast and consistently as I can. All tunes were installed on a new car. Scoring the tunes wasn't easy as there was such a difference between the two cars, is Heart and Seoul slang for understeer and oversteer somewhere?

All tunes were ran for 15 consecutive laps. The fastest non-red lap time was recorded.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '08

@squander
Lap Time: 1:22.779 Red
DC Position: 8th
Impressions and feedback: Car has understeer and oversteer issues, some corners I had to wait an eternity for the front to come round so I could get back on the power and then when I did the back would step out. Patience is needed with this tune and if given to her she'll reward you with consistent lap times.

@fordlaser777
Lap Time: 1:22.178 Black
DC Position: 4th
Impressions and feedback: Car is easy to drive, the understeer hasn't been fully tamed but the car will produce mid 22's easily. She can bounce off the limiter in a few corners (LSD) and if pushed really hard the rear end will let go.

@Jeje6410
Lap Time: 1:22.711 White
DC Position: 5th
Impressions and feedback: This is the first time I've driven one of your tunes. Car has very little understeer and is very easy to drive, she can bounce of the rev limiter in 2nd and 3rd gears in a few corners (LSD) which hinders the lap times a little, she sticks and turns in well through the fast sections.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 1:22.263 Blue
DC Position: 3rd
Impressions and feedback: Car is very stable, you can still feel the understeer but it's less pronounced than others tested. It is easy to produce quick consistent times in her

@xande1959
Lap Time: 1:22.993 Silver
DC Position: 7th
Impressions and feedback: Car is very front heavy, you couldn't carry any extra speed into the corners as she'd just plough straight on. Quick changes of direction were difficult and you had to wait to put the power down as she would step out if you were too quick on the accelerator, riding the kerbs on exit could also make the back end go loose.

@shaunm80
Lap Time: 1:22.830 Grey
DC Position: 6th
Impressions and feedback: Car has slight understeer, but it can also oversteer if pushed hard through the fast corners. She's easy to get into a rhythm with and will produce consistent low 1:23's but when you start to push hard the understeer and oversteer kill lap times.

Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: 1:21.789 Silver
DC Position: 1st
Impressions and feedback: Great tune 👍:bowdown:, car is so easy to drive and very consistent, lap times over the test varied by only 0.5s unless a mistake was made. The oversteer has practically gone and she allows you to get on the gas early out of the slower corners. She's not the fastest, the extra weight probably doesn't help, but she's by far the easiest to drive.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time: 1:21.943 Red
DC Position: 9th
Impressions and feedback: You not only tamed the over steering beast you domesticated it, which for me dulls the driving experience. She still has some oversteer on corner entry if you haven't released the brakes and she can squirm on corner exit if back on the gas too early. Lap times varied greatly as I just couldn't get into a rhythm with her.

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 1:20.925 Black
DC Position: 2nd
Impressions and feedback: Car has massive amounts of turn in, she'll go where ever you point her. Braking needs to be done before turn in otherwise the rear will step out although a quick flick of opposite lock will correct this it hurt lap times. This is a very fast and consistent tune, well done 👍

@787bcgr
Lap Time: 1:21.571 Yellow
DC Position: 10th
Impressions and feedback: I like a car which is loose and on the edge but this one is a step to far for me. Get the balance right and she will produce good laps, push her for that extra couple of tenths and she becomes a drifting machine. Weirdly on the long downhill right hander there was a hint of understeer.

Thanks for the tunes everyone!👍 Time to give my X and [] thumb a rest before the next FITT challenge :)

@Jeje6410
Lap Time: 1:22.711 White
DC Position: 5th
Impressions and feedback: This is the first time I've driven one of your tunes. Car has very little understeer and is very easy to drive, she can bounce of the rev limiter in 2nd and 3rd gears in a few corners (LSD) which hinders the lap times a little, she sticks and turns in well through the fast sections.

Thanks a lot my friend @RMan72 for your comments and your test :bowdown:. I'm glad for your test first on my cars you are satisfied.
I hope you have the opportunity to try other and your comments are always welcome.
Thanks again my friend @RMan72 :cheers: :cheers:

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: 1:21.789 Silver
DC Position: 1st
Impressions and feedback: Great tune 👍:bowdown:, car is so easy to drive and very consistent, lap times over the test varied by only 0.5s unless a mistake was made. The oversteer has practically gone and she allows you to get on the gas early out of the slower corners. She's not the fastest, the extra weight probably doesn't help, but she's by far the easiest to drive.

Wow, didn't expect another 1st DC :eek:, thank you. I was hoping that you would be able to break into 1:20s with the car, but Sinof1337 car managed to do it :bowdown:. I kept the stock weight of the car on the original difficult car tune, it made the car slower when limited by PP, but it's trade off I'm willing to make as I wanted to keep the car original weight distribution :) Surprised that the car is the easiest the drive, as most of my builds tend to be on the hard side.

Results after @shaunm80 review:

Time:
1. @sinof1337 - 1.23.474
2. @Ridox2JZGTE - 1.23.676
3. @787bcgr - 1.23.914
4. @Lionheart2113 - 1.24.096
5. @xande1959 - 1.24.236
6. @Jeje6410 - 1.24.468
7. @fordlaser777 - 1.24.490
8. @OdeFinn - 1.24.721
9. @shaunm80 - 1.24.890
10. @squander - 1.25.638

DC:
1. @fordlaser777 - 25
2. @Lionheart2113 - 20
3. @shaunm80 - 18
4. @xande1959 - 15
5. @Jeje6410 - 12
6. @sinof1337 - 10
7. @787bcgr - 9
8. @OdeFinn - 8
9. @Ridox2JZGTE - 7
10. @squander - 6

Results after @OdeFinn review:

Time:
(-) 1. @sinof1337 - 1.22.691 (-0.783)
(+1) 2. @787bcgr - 1.22.9585 (-0.9555)
(-1) 3. @Ridox2JZGTE - 1.23.3835 (-0.2925)
(+4) 4. @OdeFinn - 1.23.503 (-1.218)
(-1) 5. @Lionheart2113 - 1.23.683 (-0.413)
(-1) 6. @xande1959 - 1.23.831 (-0.405)
(-) 7. @fordlaser777 - 1.24.0555 (-0.4345)
(-2) 8. @Jeje6410 - 1.24.272 (-0.196)
(-) 9. @shaunm80 - 1.24.3535 (-0.5365)
(-) 10. @squander - 1.24.8345 (-0.8035)

DC:
(+1) 1. @Lionheart2113 - 35 (+15)
(-1) 2. @fordlaser777 - 34 (+9)
(+6) 3. @Ridox2JZGTE - 32 (+25)
(+2) 4. @sinof1337 - 30 (+20)
(-1) 5. @xande1959 - 27 (+12)
(+2) 6. @OdeFinn - 26 (+18)
(-3) 6. @shaunm80 - 26 (+8)
(-3) 8. @Jeje6410 - 19 (+7)
(+1) 9. @squander - 16 (+10)
(-3) 10. @787bcgr - 15 (+6)

I'll update with more reviews tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback :P Could I asked for more detailed breakdown, how's the car going on curbs or mid corner oversteer, any issue that are similar to what other testers encountered ?
Did more testing with your car, it had bit weird springy wheeling when hitting curbs, stiff anti-roll bar delivering hit on both sides and car takes airborne, landing leaves suspension on minimal Vibra what breaks traction.
Tried to solve it by few ways, first in believe of dampening problem, adding more resistance on extension of dampers(+1 on both ends), but then stiff 5 grade ARB was too much combined with them, leaving vibes even higher note and making car slide, then taking opposite on ARB and reducing both ends to 4 and leaving higher damper extension on both ends, then problem was much less than earlier, but it made overall handling minimally different, on lap times it still was 0.1 sec faster.
But it wasn't solved by that, then played bit around dampers and got conclusion at your damper+ARB is just perfect, suspension just plays note slightly off, 💡 decided to trim note by shortening its string, by shortening spring it should start to play higher note, left everything as is by you and just dropped 1mm lower whole car(109mm), voila it's playing like stratovarius now, laps 1:22.256 and that's lot faster than it was, you can drive lot easier and it just eats curbs.

Conclusion of all, there was 1mm too much play on suspension what caused those tester mentioned problems.

Did more testing with your car, it had bit weird springy wheeling when hitting curbs, stiff anti-roll bar delivering hit on both sides and car takes airborne, landing leaves suspension on minimal Vibra what breaks traction.
Tried to solve it by few ways, first in believe of dampening problem, adding more resistance on extension of dampers(+1 on both ends), but then stiff 5 grade ARB was too much combined with them, leaving vibes even higher note and making car slide, then taking opposite on ARB and reducing both ends to 4 and leaving higher damper extension on both ends, then problem was much less than earlier, but it made overall handling minimally different, on lap times it still was 0.1 sec faster.
But it wasn't solved by that, then played bit around dampers and got conclusion at your damper+ARB is just perfect, suspension just plays note slightly off, 💡 decided to trim note by shortening its string, by shortening spring it should start to play higher note, left everything as is by you and just dropped 1mm lower whole car(109mm), voila it's playing like stratovarius now, laps 1:22.256 and that's lot faster than it was, you can drive lot easier and it just eats curbs.

Conclusion of all, there was 1mm too much play on suspension what caused those tester mentioned problems.

Wow :bowdown: very detailed insight on the tune, and 1mm drop is all it takes :eek:. The damper and ARB was the best I could set within the goals I set for the track and tire, a balanced approach. I think the chosen stiff springs have some influence on how the car rides on curbs, but I didn't try to lower the car :embarrassed: I used lower ARB, but the handling and response was lacking, though the car may feel safer/more compliant.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '08

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 1:22.263 Blue
DC Position: 3rd
Impressions and feedback: Car is very stable, you can still feel the understeer but it's less pronounced than others tested. It is easy to produce quick consistent times in her

Thank you for your review and putting in the effort in testing. Looking at the lap times, you've made a 5 second improvement from your stock Genesis run in everyone's tune. That's impressive!👍

@Ridox2JZGTE 1:20.994 in the Spirra with a base tune, no spoiler. (Transmission/LSD/RH/Springs) Still a handful, but great fun. With the reviews coming in, I'm definitely going to have to borrow the keys to yours.:sly:

Back