FITT Heart and Seoul Challenge

• Thread starter sinof1337
  • 154 comments
Here is my final tune. I tried a few variations but couldn't find a more balanced setup than this one here. Hopefully you guys like it.

autumn-ring_1-jpg.585972

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track ‘13

510PP
424 BHP
Weight 1270kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Car paint colour scheme
Car Body – Circuit Blue Pearl
Brake Calipers – GT METALLIC 007-W

Sports Medium Tyres

NO Oil Change
Standard Size Rims – RAYS 57Ultimate (Blue)

FC Suspension
F/R
112/114
7.25/8.10
5/4
4/6
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
6/5

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 2.800
2nd 2.005
3rd 1.530
4th 1.230
5th 1.024
6th 0.892
Set final gear to 4.250

FC LSD
12/14/10
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Set power limiter to 98.1%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)

Ballast – Set 14kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

Tuned for Autumn Ring Reverse. Designed to be consistent and easy to drive. Hopefully you will find that this tune fits my normal tuning style and fingers crossed you enjoy it. Good luck to all the testers involved.

autumn-ring_2-jpg.585973

autumn-ring-jpg.585974

Link to original post here.

Well it seems the time for testing is coming up quick, so I had a quick go with both cars, stock, with sm tires.
I realized I don't know the track at all and I haven't driven either car yet.
In the end my quickest lap with the Oulim was 1:25.140, I'm sure I could get it down into the '24's with a bit more practise. It's a fun car to drive!

Next, I tried the Hyundai. It's not as much fun to drive, and it's slower. I ran 3 laps, back to back, at 1:28.5xx, so I called it quits. With a bit of practise I might break into the '27's.

Is there a test procedure of some kind I'm expected to follow? Is there a limit to the number of laps we do in each tune, or is it just drive till you set your fastest time in each tune?

Well it seems the time for testing is coming up quick, so I had a quick go with both cars, stock, with sm tires.
I realized I don't know the track at all and I haven't driven either car yet.
In the end my quickest lap with the Oulim was 1:25.140, I'm sure I could get it down into the '24's with a bit more practise. It's a fun car to drive!

Next, I tried the Hyundai. It's not as much fun to drive, and it's slower. I ran 3 laps, back to back, at 1:28.5xx, so I called it quits. With a bit of practise I might break into the '27's.

Is there a test procedure of some kind I'm expected to follow? Is there a limit to the number of laps we do in each tune, or is it just drive till you set your fastest time in each tune?
However you feel is fair to the tuners. At least as far as I have seen, as long as you give each tune the same number of laps, and you feel your testing was fair, its a valid test.

I will post my tune tomorrow, sorry to any testers who have been waiting. @787bcgr is your tune ready, or do you need an extension.

PicsArt_09-18-10.22.33.jpg

Spirra Prototype
500pp/328HP/333.5ft-lb/1034kg
SM tires/no oil change/ no body rigidity/ Envy(Pontiac Vibe Color)
OZ Racing Superforgiata- standard size/ matte blue
F/C Suspension:
Ride Height: 110/110
Spring rate: 6.76/12.01
Dampers Compression: 2/5
Dampers Extension: 6/4
Roll bars: 4/6
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0
Racing Brakes: 7/3
F/C Transmission:
1.Final gear Max
2. Max speed Minimum
3. 1:3.000 2:2.157 3:1.635 4:1.280 5:1.051 6:0.892 Final:3.690
F/C Differential: 10/10/40
Twin Plate clutch
96.9% Power Limit
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast: 20kg @position -50

Last edited:
View attachment 586971
Spirra Prototype
500pp/328HP/333.5ft-lb/1034kg
SM tires/no oil change/ no body rigidity/ Envy(Pontiac Vibe Color)
OZ Racing Superforgiata- standard size/ matte blue
F/C Suspension:
Ride Height: 110/110
Spring rate: 6.76/12.01
Dampers Compression: 2/5
Dampers Extension: 6/4
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0
Racing Brakes: 7/3
F/C Transmission:
1.Final gear Max
2. Max speed Minimum
3. 1:3.000 2:2.157 3:1.635 4:1.280 5:1.051 6:0.892 Final:3.690
F/C Differential: 10/10/40
Twin Plate clutch
96.9% Power Limit
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast: 20kg @position -50
What are the Anti Roll Bar settings for this tune?

Testing done, writing notes on test sheet probably tomorrow.
Overall feeling of tunes left bit raw taste on mouth, promising lot but then clipping on edge.
Next video about spoon civic is bit same, good but something needs to be done.

I gave five (5) laps to all cars, plus extra three for first car, just to be fair coz it was first run of day,.
So few laps to find out how tune overall feels and three pushed laps, tested my own last, which I haven't drive in autumn ring after publishing tune here.
Times varied on all cars between 1:21.908 - 1:24.076

One car pre-review:
This car needs instructions as follow: Keep either pedal fully down or exercise your hands a lot.
Car has only one message to driver: I want to KILL YOU!

And that car made second fastest time.. :crazy:

Reviews

All tunes were given 10 laps of my best driving. Driven with ABS 1 only using DS3 and AT transmission. The first couple of laps were markers to see what your tune could do and then I just drove your tunes to the best of my ability to see what I could extract from them and see if they fitted my driving style. Thank you to all the tuners for providing me with hours of fun. Some great tunes were submitted for this event!

Giving out DC was near to impossible for this one. Lots of tunes were very close to each other in terms of lap time and how I felt when driving them. Well done to everyone involved for making this extremely difficult to score.

@sinof1337 – Spirra Prototype
Lap Time – 1.23.474
DC – 6th
Comments – This tune felt like my own setup and xande’s, but on the other car in this event. It was neutral balance on the front with no understeer at all. It had kicks of oversteer which were easy to save and it was a fun tune all round. Great brakes, transmission worked as good as expected but the oversteer moments could happen without warning and was a little tricky to save at times. This tune could have been higher in DC if the rear was a little more settled on corner entry/exit but a good, fun tune to drive around. Well done.

@squander – Genesis Coupe
Lap time – 1.25.638
DC – 10th
Comments – A tune that likes to tell the driver where it wants to go, rather than the driver telling the car where to go. It works well when it on the racing lines but when you go off the racing line, it is a tricky car to drive at the limit. Under steer is present here, as well as over steer when you correct the under steer issues. This tune wasn’t one that I had full confidence in and it was not consistent enough for me personally. A few good points to finish off with though, transmission is good, rear traction is good when you are on the right lines and it can be quite quick when you keep it smooth and pointing the right direction.

@fordlaser777 – Genesis Coupe
Lap time – 1.24.490
DC - 1st
Comments – Truly awesome tune, Transmission perfect, traction perfect, I was able to brake with full confidence and that meant that I could push this tune to the limits and it did not let me down. Super consistent and even cruising this tune just hit low 1.25s without breaking a sweat. Such a great tune and I am keeping the keys to this one.. You are becoming a Hami Protegi.. Improving with every event you enter. Well done buddy, great job indeed.

@Jeje6410 – Genesis Coupe
Lap Time –1.24.468
DC – 5th
Comments – Not as consistent as Fordlaser’s tune but has a lot of grip, good traction and a nice transmission design. A smidge of under steer on a few corners but nothing that couldn’t be adapted to. Rear was planted like Fordlaser’s tune which meant the racing line had to be adhered to most of the time otherwise the under steer would catch me out in the corners. Still an enjoyable car to drive and because it challenged me to do better this car gets the thumbs up. Well done. Good tune.

@Ridox2JZGTE – Spirra Prototype
Lap time – 1.23.676
DC – 9th
Comments – Transmission was good, front rotation was excellent and responsive and the overall feel of the tune was pretty good. A few issues I had, when you push this tune at 100%, it can lose traction in high speed sections when you least expect it and it is nearly impossible to save. When you are in the groove and it is going well, this tune is really good to drive but it can become unpredictable at times making it a difficult to have full confidence in. I must say, one of the better Ridox tunes I have driven. Well done.

@OdeFinn – Spirra Prototype
Lap time 1.24.721
DC – 8th
Comments – Easy to drive, a smidge of under steer if you go into a corner too hot. Less over steer than Ridox’s tune and is easy to save should you have an over steer moment. A nice tune but I would have liked more grip in the lower gears when pulling out of slow corners. This could have been done quite easily with a little transmission trickery but I see you have go with your previous technique of leaving all the gearing settings stock. It doesn’t hurt the tune drastically but it would have a positive effect on some aspects of your tune if you tinkered with it a little… Anyway. Good tune, very balanced and can be consistent if you have patience on the throttle out of slow corners.

@xande1959 – Genesis Coupe
Lap Time – 1.24.236
DC – 4th
Comments – Xande, there are times when I have driven your tunes and we have not seen eye to eye. This time I am happy to say that this is not the case. Your tune feels exactly like my own down, good grip on the rear, a little loose but that helps around the bends for me. Good front rotation and a nice transmission design. Mine was neutrally balanced and yours has a tiny amount of understeer at times (when I say tiny, I mean it is barely noticeable but it is there). I think that is the only difference between yours and mine. A very good tune and one that I got with like a duck to water. Great job Xande, really fun tune and incredibly consistent which is what I want in a car.

@Lionheart2113 – Genesis Coupe
Lap Time – 1.24.096
DC – 2nd
Comments – A carbon copy of @fordlaser777 with a looser rear (slightly). A lot of fun to drive and awesome grip levels. Easy to save if things go wrong which they did on a couple of laps. This was a close one between you and fordlaser but I had a tad more confidence in fordlaser’s when driving at the limit. Awesome tune and you won’t be getting the keys back to this one I am afraid.. I will leave you some bus money to get home in. Great job Lionheart.

@shaunm80 – Genesis Coupe
Lap Time – 1.24.890
DC – 3rd
Comments – Tuned to be consistent and easy to drive. This is what it felt like when testing and I still enjoyed the challenge of it. It gave me the confidence to push but also to save it should I push too much. A lot of grip, a little loose on the rear but planted enough that I could pick my lines coming out of the corner to get best traction. Brakes were good, transmission worked well to minimise wheel spin and front rotation was also good. Not much to set this tune apart from some of those around it apart from the consistency from lap to lap and the neutral handling that enabled me to drive off the racing line with confidence. I look forward to seeing what other testers make of my own tune.

@787bcgr – Spirra Prototype
Lap Time – 1.23.914
DC – 7th
Comments – This tune is half expert, half alien. I managed 5 good laps and 5 really bad laps. When I achieved a good lap, I felt really proud that I was able to keep this thing pointing the same way and was able to drive smooth enough to make this tune feel magical. It has great brakes, good rotation, excellent infact! And a nice balance to it when you get it right. The issue I had personally was the rear was little light and a little loose for me and I was fighting the rear to ensure maximum grip levels. This tune needs a softly-softly approach to get it to go really fast but it is a really good tune that the quicker testers among us will really enjoy. Nice job.

Lap time – 1.24.490
DC - 1st
Comments – Truly awesome tune, Transmission perfect, traction perfect, I was able to brake with full confidence and that meant that I could push this tune to the limits and it did not let me down. Super consistent and even cruising this tune just hit low 1.25s without breaking a sweat. Such a great tune and I am keeping the keys to this one.. You are becoming a Hami Protegi.. Improving with every event you enter. Well done buddy, great job indeed.

Lap Time – 1.24.096
DC – 2nd
Comments – A carbon copy of @fordlaser777 with a looser rear (slightly). A lot of fun to drive and awesome grip levels. Easy to save if things go wrong which they did on a couple of laps. This was a close one between you and fordlaser but I had a tad more confidence in fordlaser’s when driving at the limit. Awesome tune and you won’t be getting the keys back to this one I am afraid.. I will leave you some bus money to get home in. Great job Lionheart.
So you're leaving me and @fordlaser777 at the bus station? And how are you going to drive 2 cars home?:odd: :lol:
Thanks for the review and atleast the Genesis was close to competing with the Spirra on lap times.👍

Lap time 1.24.721
DC – 8th
Comments – Easy to drive, a smidge of under steer if you go into a corner too hot. Less over steer than Ridox’s tune and is easy to save should you have an over steer moment. A nice tune but I would have liked more grip in the lower gears when pulling out of slow corners. This could have been done quite easily with a little transmission trickery but I see you have go with your previous technique of leaving all the gearing settings stock. It doesn’t hurt the tune drastically but it would have a positive effect on some aspects of your tune if you tinkered with it a little… Anyway. Good tune, very balanced and can be consistent if you have patience on the throttle out of slow corners.

Nailed. Thanks for your review, exactly those are tune "problems", almost all of those are polished off from my own modification of tune. But hey didn't expect more after frustration of gearbox setup stage. :)

Lap Time –1.24.468
DC – 5th
Comments – Not as consistent as Fordlaser’s tune but has a lot of grip, good traction and a nice transmission design. A smidge of under steer on a few corners but nothing that couldn’t be adapted to. Rear was planted like Fordlaser’s tune which meant the racing line had to be adhered to most of the time otherwise the under steer would catch me out in the corners. Still an enjoyable car to drive and because it challenged me to do better this car gets the thumbs up. Well done. Good tune.

Thanks a lot my friend @shaunm80 for your test and aspecially for your comments. Coming from you it's a real pleasure to read that. Thanks again for your enjoy. Thanks my friend @shaunm80 :cheers: :cheers:

So you're leaving me and @fordlaser777 at the bus station? And how are you going to drive 2 cars home?:odd: :lol:
Thanks for the review and atleast the Genesis was close to competing with the Spirra on lap times.👍
I planned on using a tow bar thing to get both home without calling a friend to drive the other one. :) The time difference is less than I expected but I expect other testers will really blitz the timing screens with the Spirra.
Nailed. Thanks for your review, exactly those are tune "problems", almost all of those are polished off from my own modification of tune. But hey didn't expect more after frustration of gearbox setup stage. :)
I get the feeling that your a wheel tuner as your tune has a lot of characteristics of a wheel tune.
Thanks a lot my friend @shaunm80 for your test and aspecially for your comments. Coming from you it's a real pleasure to read that. Thanks again for your enjoy. Thanks my friend @shaunm80 :cheers: :cheers:
Your welcome. I am sure your tune will get other good reviews from the other testers too.

Lap time – 1.24.490
DC - 1st

Lap Time –1.24.468
DC – 5th

Lap time – 1.23.676
DC – 9th
Comments – Transmission was good, front rotation was excellent and responsive and the overall feel of the tune was pretty good. A few issues I had, when you push this tune at 100%, it can lose traction in high speed sections when you least expect it and it is nearly impossible to save. When you are in the groove and it is going well, this tune is really good to drive but it can become unpredictable at times making it a difficult to have full confidence in. I must say, one of the better Ridox tunes I have driven. Well done.

Lap time 1.24.721
DC – 8th

Lap Time – 1.24.236
DC – 4th
Comments – Xande, there are times when I have driven your tunes and we have not seen eye to eye. This time I am happy to say that this is not the case. Your tune feels exactly like my own down, good grip on the rear, a little loose but that helps around the bends for me. Good front rotation and a nice transmission design. Mine was neutrally balanced and yours has a tiny amount of understeer at times (when I say tiny, I mean it is barely noticeable but it is there). I think that is the only difference between yours and mine. A very good tune and one that I got with like a duck to water. Great job Xande, really fun tune and incredibly consistent which is what I want in a car.

Lap Time – 1.24.096
DC – 2nd

@shaunm80 – Genesis Coupe
Lap Time – 1.24.890
DC – 3rd
Comments – Tuned to be consistent and easy to drive. This is what it felt like when testing and I still enjoyed the challenge of it. It gave me the confidence to push but also to save it should I push too much. A lot of grip, a little loose on the rear but planted enough that I could pick my lines coming out of the corner to get best traction. Brakes were good, transmission worked well to minimise wheel spin and front rotation was also good. Not much to set this tune apart from some of those around it apart from the consistency from lap to lap and the neutral handling that enabled me to drive off the racing line with confidence. I look forward to seeing what other testers make of my own tune.

@787bcgr – Spirra Prototype
Lap Time – 1.23.914
DC – 7th
Comments – This tune is half expert, half alien. I managed 5 good laps and 5 really bad laps. When I achieved a good lap, I felt really proud that I was able to keep this thing pointing the same way and was able to drive smooth enough to make this tune feel magical. It has great brakes, good rotation, excellent infact! And a nice balance to it when you get it right. The issue I had personally was the rear was little light and a little loose for me and I was fighting the rear to ensure maximum grip levels. This tune needs a softly-softly approach to get it to go really fast but it is a really good tune that the quicker testers among us will really enjoy. Nice job.
Thanks Shaun for the very good review of my car :) :cheers:, when I read the review I almost fell of my chair having breakfast, once again thank you my friend:cheers:.​

Lap time – 1.23.676
DC – 9th

Thanks for the feedback, glad it came in 9th :) The tune was tweaked from the old difficult car spotlight :

Difficult Car Spotlight - Oullim Motors Spirra | Page 3 - GTPlanet

Surprised about the unpredictable handling issue, but it should easily be lessened with ARB changes and a little more rear toe in :)

I get the feeling that your a wheel tuner as your tune has a lot of characteristics of a wheel tune.
You're right, that's containing lot more for wheel driver, but still mentioned problems were there on compo tune. Gonna publish it on my garage soon with final tweaks, sadly it's raw on compo.
Vise versa on tunes which are made on DS driveable are showing own grumps when driving those on wheel, some works better than others with wheel.

Lap Time – 1.24.236
DC – 4th

thank you friend .
I'm happy to test my cars always with good performance. I have a confession to make, always test their cars but when I'm with some difficulty oh yes testo for real. all cars I tested are top, some are fantastic.:cheers:👍

I have completed testing all the cars. I really enjoyed everything about this event and I wish I would have known about these events sooner. I'll be doing more.

It's pretty cool to see how people set their cars up and how it affects lap time, and you get a sense for someone's driving style.

I have been tinkering with tuning a few cars myself for a race series I'm invoked in, and I think I might have a go at the Genesis. If I have time on Thursday I'll see what kind of laptimes I can post.

I'll post my reviews by Thursday as well.

I bought a new car for each tune, and did 10 laps to get my best time. All tested with abs 1 only on a T500.

I'd like to suggest that all the tunes be submitted in the same format, specifically the way shaunm80 does it. It's easy to read on a phone, and the info is in the same order that you would input into the game. So it's easier to check for any mistakes I may have made!! I'll admit I'm used to this format as I have driven a lot of Shaun's cars, but it's logical, concise and the version I preferred.

Anyways, here's my reviews;

Stock Hyundai Genesis:
Best laptime; 1:27.412
Controllable, no oversteer, a bit of understeer, lack of throttle response. Consistent. Safe.

Lioneheart2113
Best laptime 1:22.836 on lap 6
Rank #3
Reminiscent of Ed nights lambo mucilage tune. Slides are controllable, fun, fast! Just about right amount of understeer. Puts power down well. Awesome gearbox, lsd. Loose is fun, when done right it's also fast.
image.jpeg

Jeje6410 tune
1:22.984 on lap 8
Rank #7
Inside wheel spins too much and kills exit speed and it unsettled the car through the esses. Better lsd setting would make this a much quicker car. A little too much understeer for me. Trans good.
image.jpeg

Damn it!! I typed out the whole msg (my longest post ever) now I have to multi post because it won't let me post more than 5 pieces of media!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 8
fordlaser777 tune
1:22.791 bt on lap 4
Rank #6
Inside wheel spins on hairpin and esses, makes the balance tricky to maintain. Balanced brakes and good turn in. Exit oversteer, so I short shifted a bit too much which hurt the exit speed because it would step out right at the top of the gear.
image.jpeg

Xande1959 tune
1:22.961 lap 5
Rank #4
Min. understeering, great lsd. Brakes are great. Puts power down great! Nice and stiff chassis. Confidence inspiring but looses time because of the understeer.
image.jpeg

Shaunm80 tune
Rank #2
1:22.671 lap 9
no understeer well balanced goes where its pointed. Lsd is perfect, tranny works great - best gearing through esses. Brakes are great. Didn't use 6th gear...
image.jpeg

Squander tune
1:23.218 lap 9
Rank #8
Corner exit understeer. No understeer on turn in.
occasional oversteer - nicely controlled. balanced lsd. I never touched 6th gear...
I'm sorry but I forgot to take a pic of my laps with your car.

Spirra stock
1:24.551 lap 4
Two foot machine! Good brakes but wants to oversteer off throttle, so you need a little gas to counteract that. Turn in is direct. Short wheelbase makes for quick reactions when oversteering. Fun car but mistakes cost a lot of time.
image.jpeg

Ridox2JZGTE
1.22.219 lap 7
Rank #9
Too much understeer, esp through the esses. Curbs upset the balance too much. Understeer to snap oversteer, much harder to catch. Lsd was good, gearbox seemed weird it was good in some spots not in others. Gear change before the finish line hurt overall times. Not really confident driving this tune.
image.jpeg

Odefinn tune
1:22.542 lap 10
Rank #5
Curbs well. Well balanced, had some confidence in this car. Gearbox is slow? Could be a lot faster. Brakes and steering felt good, and responsive. Just didn't seem to accelerate fast enough.
image.jpeg

787bcgr tune
1:21.605 lap 4
Rank #10
Lift off oversteer of death!
Didn't realize how fast it was until it was over. Will if you think about adjust your line with the throttle, reminiscent of the Ferrari F40. If you can tame that it drives pretty good. I had 4 red laps and a couple spins. Frustrating to drive fast but it can be done - just not consistently by me.

image.jpeg

Sinof1337 red
1:21.042 lap 7
Rank #1
Feels like the same car as stock just way faster! It has same quirks just smoothed out quite a bit, oversteer is more controllable but it's still quick to rotate if your not fast enough on the wheel. Off throttle oversteer is minimized to only the slower corners. Steering is still direct. Lsd, gearbox are great. Fun car!
Sorry I forgot to take a pic of my laps for you...

I'm pretty amazed at how close the tunes were in lap times, the hyundais were all within 0.5seconds and 3 of them were within a tenth! All tunes were good for a 3-3.5 second improvement over stock!

The spread on the spirra's was quite a bit more but it's a harder car to drive and probably tune. Fastest tune was 4.5 seconds quicker than stock, that's pretty significant.

But they all drove slightly differently and I'm getting a chance to explore and expand my driving style by trying out other people's styles.

Anyways great job guys, it really was quite difficult to rank the tunes as they're all so close.

Odefinn tune
1:22.542 lap 10
Rank #5
Curbs well. Well balanced, had some confidence in this car. Gearbox is slow? Could be a lot faster. Brakes and steering felt good, and responsive. Just didn't seem to accelerate fast enough.
Thanks, glad to have it tested by other wheel driver and you got it right.
There was better transmission, until I trashed it by mistake and didn't redo it due frustration. :cool:

I take pics of my setups sometimes so I don't forget, cause it sucks bad when the PS3 freezes at the wrong time....

I just had a thought is there a way to manually save your data or does gt6 only auto save when it feels like it?

I take pics of my setups sometimes so I don't forget, cause it sucks bad when the PS3 freezes at the wrong time....

I just had a thought is there a way to manually save your data or does gt6 only auto save when it feels like it?
There is manual save option also (start button on main menu brings it visible), my mistake was simple as touching max speed slider and it was only sheet, no backup sheets.. Own mistake.
Taking save data backup on USB drive is really good to do occasionally.

@pretend racer : Thanks for the feedback, I didn't use much of the curb when testing, while the snap oversteer, mmm, I didn't encounter this as far as I can remember. Did you install the wheel as in the tune ? PDI P525 ? If you are interested, you can download the replay I included in the tune to see how I drove the car. The car I think have 1:20s in it.

Back