FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
Syracuse.jpg

FITT: Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge
Three classes featuring Front Wheel Drive European Hatchbacks
*Spec Class – Ideal for tuners new to FITT
*Hot Hatch Series – Choose your ride from 18 eligible cars
*Pro-Spec – Pro Level Series

Rules:
Tuners: May choose any 2 classes to compete in.
Testers: May choose as many as they feel they can complete.

Deadlines:
All tunes must be posted before midnight, where ever you are in the world, April 19. Any tune posted after the deadline will NOT be eligible. Changes to tune, if needed, must be done before the deadline, changes will NOT be allowed after. If a change is needed, PLEASE tag myself and all testers for said class in a post informing of the change (thank you)
Testing will officially begin on the 21st of April, all reviews should be posted before midnight April 30. If testing is started early, be aware that no tune is official until the deadline for tuning.
***The 20th of April is a Holiday or Holy Day for some (ME) and will be considered an off day as some, myself included, may have limited time or access to their computer or PS3. ***

All Participating tuners and testers should be familiar with the general FITT Rules, which can be found here, especially Rule13.

All tuning and testing should be done in Arcade mode, grip set to Real, ABS 1, no other aides to keep testing consistent. (Best Line optional)

Scoring:
Each class will have 2 podiums, one for fastest lap time averaged across all testers. And one podium for Driver’s choice, each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver’s Choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum of DC points that can be earned is 10 points. Please choose DC on a scale of 0.0 -10.0.

Drivers Choice Scale:
10.0 Among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 A great tune that could be a little better if …..
4 to 6 A good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 A tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)

Scoring for laptime will follow the same format as the Miata Tuning Challenge. They will be kept on a spreadsheet built and maintained by Motor City Hami (thank you!)
That format and example can be found here.:)

Last edited:
Ronda.jpg

Spec Class: Featuring the MiTo 1.4T Sport

165hp(max), 1050kg(min), Comfort Soft Tires
Track: Autumn Ring 1.83 miles

NO oil change allowed
NO engine overhaul allowed
NO rigidity improvement allowed
Front Aero type B or C allowed
Wing not allowed
Rims Inch up 1 required
Full Customizable Suspension allowed
*** ride height difference of 15 max (for example: (f)115(r)100 or (f)100(r)115 )
Standard brakes only
6spd(non-adjustable) transmission only
Standard clutch only
Full Customizable LSD allowed
NO turbo upgrades, standard turbo only
Power Limiter 90.0% or above No Nitrous Allowed
Weight reduction allowed
Hood and Window Weight Reduction allowed
Ballast allowed

Hot Hatch Series

470pp, Sports Hard Tires
Track: Brands Hatch GP 2.43 miles

NO oil change allowed
Rigidity Improvement allowed
Front Aero allowed
Wing Allowed
NO flat floors allowed
Rims, standard size or inch up 1 allowed
Full Customizable Suspension allowed
*** ride height difference of 20 max (example: (f) 120 (r) 100 )
Racing brakes allowed
Full Customizable Trans allowed
Triple Plate Clutch allowed
Full Customizable LSD allowed
Power Limiter 85.0% or above NO Nitrous Allowed
Full weight, Carbon Hood and Window reduction allowed
Ballast allowed

Eligible Cars:
New Beetle 2.0 ’00........ Megane R.S. ‘08
Golf IV Gti ’01............. Megane 2.0 16v ‘03
Gold VI GTi ’05............ Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
Scirocco R ’10.............. Clio R.S. ‘11
Mini Cooper S ’05.......... 147 GTA ‘02
Mini Cooper S “11......... 147 Ti 2.0 TWIN SPARK ‘06
C4 Coupe 2.0VTS ’05.... C30 R-Design ‘09
206 RC ’03.................. Ibiza Cupra ‘04
207 GTi ’07................. Focus ST ‘06

Pro-Spec: Featuring the Scirocco GT24 Base Model ‘08

515pp, Racing Hard Tires
Track: Nurburgring GP/D 2.26 miles

NO oil change allowed
Rigidity improvement allowed
NO NITROUS ALLOWED
Power limiter 85.0% or above
Ballast allowed up to 50kg
** Post your number with tune please!**

Last edited:
TESTERS:

Special Testing Note:

Please be advised of a transmission issue that may occur when building tunes, switching tune sheets or changing from 1 tune to another. It is best to remove trans and re-install standard trans first, then build and set the tune and finally install 6speed non-adjustable to avoid gearing issues. It is also recommended this be followed for the Hatch and Pro-Spec series as well. You can follow the discussion beginning here, and solution found here.

Spec:

backnfourth
biffa3
DaBomm4
JujiroMatsuda
jules283
Motor City Hami

Scoring

Hot Hatch:

backnfourth
biffa3
Bowtie-muscle
Otaliema
Pete05

Scoring

Pro-Spec:

biffa3
Bowtie-muscle
jules283
Otaliema

Scoring

**Since Base Model Trans cannot be set to default, those settings are:
Final 4.062 Top Speed 149
1st - 2.935
2nd - 2.064
3rd - 1.546
4th - 1.210
5th - 0.991
6th - 0.849
**If you keep setting "C" stock, you can copy back to A or B and will not need default settings, but just in case.
Thank you @DolHaus for recommending this.

Last edited:
RESULTS:

WOW! What a shootout. As my first time hosting, my goal was to build an enjoyable and competitive challenge. I believe the results speak for themselves as all three classes were close, with Pro-spec Super Close!
Allow may to take a moment and thank everyone involved, to all the tuners and test drivers, thank you for your time and effort. To Motor City Hami for helping me behind the scenes and handling the scoring, BIG thank you Sir!
I learned alot on and off the track in the challenge and if I ever host another I will be better prepared. Can only hope it runs as well or better than this one. Be sure to look at just how close each class truly was. 18 tuners and 26 tunes later, it all came down to tenths and hundreds of a second.
:cheers: Congrats to all the Winners :cheers:

MiTo Spec Class:

@donpost - 1:33.023
@krenkme - 1:33.191
@shaunm80 - 1:33.246

Honorable mention:
@brian wolf - 1:33.332 (0.086 behing 3rd)
@jules283 - 1:33.365 (0.119 behind 3rd)
@DaBomm4 - 1:33.367 (0.121 behind 3rd)
@xande1959 - 1:33.370 (0.124 behind 3rd)

Driver's Choice:

@krenkme - 8.0
@donpost - 7.6
@xande1959 - 7.5

Honorable mention:
@brian wolf - 7.4
@DaBomm4 - 7.3
@jules283 - 7.3

Fastest laptime - @brian wolf as tested by @JujiroMatsuda @ 1:32.083

Hot Hatch Series:

@Otaliema - 1:38.193
@Motor City Hami - 1:38.398
@Bowtie-muscle - 1:38.558

Honorable mention:
@oppositelock - 1:38.568 (0.010 behind 3rd)
@xande1959 - 1:38.590 (0.032 behind 3rd)

Driver's Choice:

@Otaliema - 9.0
@oppositelock - 8.9
@shaunm80 - 8.8

Honorable mention:
@Motor City Hami - 8.7

Fastest laptime - Otaliema Scirocco as tested by @Pete05 @ 1:37.364

Pro-Spec Class Featuring Scirocco GT24 Base Model:

@Motor City Hami - 1:31.893
@Otaliema - 1:31.926 (0.033 behind 1st!)
@jules283 - 1:31.966 (0.073 behind 1st!)

Also ran:
Bowtie-muscle - 1:32.375 (0.482 behind 1st)

Driver's Choice:

@Motor City Hami - 9.3
@jules283 - 8.6
@Otaliema - 8.4

Fastest laptime - jules283 as tested by Bowtie-muscle @ 1:30.921

Last edited:
Looks good so far. I am busy buying all of the cars that I think are cool from the Hot Hatch series. So far that's seven that I really, really like. You have made it challenging to decide. So many good cars.

Please sign me up as a tuner for the Hot Hatch and Pro-Spec. I may also test drive, so list me under the Mito spec class for now. I like enough of the other cars that I may test all three, but list me as testing for one class for now. I think the beginners would like advice more than some of the more experienced tuners.

Looks good so far. I am busy buying all of the cars that I think are cool from the Hot Hatch series. So far that's seven that I really, really like. You have made it challenging to decide. So many good cars.

Please sign me up as a tuner for the Hot Hatch and Pro-Spec. I may also test drive, so list me under the Mito spec class for now. I like enough of the other cars that I may test all three, but list me as testing for one class for now. I think the beginners would like advice more than some of the more experienced tuners.
There might be 1 little sneaky sleeper in there;), the idea was to have options and a variety of cars....gonna be challenging just to choose. Sneaky sleeper may not be the fastest but might surprise in the hands of the right tuner.

I'm a tuna for for the hot hatch and pro spec
I'll see what my play looks like at the end of month and determine if I can test.
Tune to start buying and testing. Weeeeeeee!

Very impressed with the Hot Hatch class, so far in base testing the cars are with in 10 seconds of each other despsite over 100pp differance and poor driving.

Very impressed with the Hot Hatch class, so far in base testing the cars are with in 10 seconds of each other despsite over 100pp differance and poor driving.
I ran a qiuck tune on half the cars and found they can be quite close. 1 car really surprised me.

The surprise cars are the ones that tended to get the special PD love. I love and hate base testing you get to see what cars got the special love and which ones which ones got rushed in. So far I've got one that's only 2 seconds off pace from the highest PP base car and it's 50 PP lower, whiles it's big brother is 5 seconds backs from top spot. That one caught me off guard :lol: and a couple i'm like did they even program grip on this car?

I'll enter 2 class, Mito and Hot Hatch, please :D

I've spent 30 minutes on my last play session tuning the Mito, adapting another replica suspension and LSD. It drives quite well, able to post quick lap time consistently.

View attachment 139357

View attachment 139359

The Hot Hatch, this is tricky, if only Japanese car allowed :lol:, I have 3 cars that I most likely will use, the Clio RS '11, 147 GTA ( I built the Autodelta 3.7 328HP replica and it was tested at Brands Hatch GP and it had a great review from a well known member here :D ) or the Seat Ibiza Cupra.

I've got another in mind. I'm not yapping. I just have a 79 GTi that's decent already tuned close to the event spec. I'll pick up my other choice and check it out.

What's with the rim size? They don't change the wheel OD and are just visual, no big deal though.

I've got another in mind. I'm not yapping. I just have a 79 GTi that's decent already tuned close to the event spec. I'll pick up my other choice and check it out.

What's with the rim size? They don't change the wheel OD and are just visual, no big deal though.
Just trying to help, don't take the wrong way.....I didn't look at anything older than 1980. Rim size is mainly for the testers so they don't go crazy building even if only visual.

Has anyone taken and looked at lateral g.s with different rims see if they are helping the car? I know in real life the larger rims gives better cornering due to smaller side walls

Back