FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, May 28, 2015.

1. shaunm80

shaunm80

Awesome times. Indepth reviews and some food for thought about my tune. Thanks for testing, really appreciate your input. :)

2. shaunm80

shaunm80

Attention all testers,

It has just been brought to my attention that the BMW CSL '03 reverts back to its original TCS setting when you exit the event. When I tested all these cars, I made sure all the settings were correct before I commenced testing. It appears it is only the CSL that this happens on so if you think that you may have tested this car with the wrong settings, could you retest. However, if your sure that you checked all your settings before testing and are happy that all tests were conducted under the same settings. You don't have to do anything.

Any questions or worries, PM myself and Bowtie. :)

Thanks.

3. biffa3

biffa3

Fantastic reviews, good times too.

4. DolHaus

DolHaus

This happens on a lot of cars since about 1.08 (I first remember it happening in the Hot Version shoot out in a Civic), you turn TC off and drive a few laps, leave the track and TC is back on when you return regardless of auto saving or otherwise. Never seems to do it more than twice though but I always keep an eye out for the little red bar.

5. biffa3

biffa3

Learnt to double check a long time ago!!

6. steefpeef

steefpeef

it also happens a lot when you move a car from the yard to the garage,

it has become one of my automatism's to check tc

7. ALB123

ALB123

Same here. The very first thing I do, every single time I load up a new track and/or switch to a new car is verify my Driving Options (TC & ABS) and then I verify my Track Options (set surface to Real).

8. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Thanks for the review and your insight into the tunes. Great effort, your time in doing this is appreciated.:D

9. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Looking at some of the older scoring updates, yeah you have to dig deep, top of the speed chart has not changed much but 3-5 has. Same with DC scores.

Last few batches of reviews has shaken things up and perhaps brought the cream of the crop to the top. :sly:

10. ugabugaz

ugabugaz

Seems like several reviewers agree with my take on my car. Not necessarily what I wrote, more of how I feel about it. It's a bit of an enigma...nobody really understands it, including me :lol:

That's a hint for those guessing.

Otaliema, Bowtie-muscle and fordracer like this.
  11. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

I got it, oh wait........I'm not allowed to guess.:dopey:

Thorin Cain, Otaliema and fordracer like this.
  12. shaunm80

shaunm80

I would guess but i would have an unfair advantage so I am not allowed to partake in this aspect of the event either. :lol:

Otaliema, fordracer and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  13. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

No one has been brave enough to take the first plunge into the unknown.

14. fordracer

fordracer

Then I shall be the first. ;)

15. Otaliema

Otaliema

I think I have ideas based on tuning style and reviews. Depending on how the kids sleep I may take a crack at it tonight.

Edit; Bloody auto incorrect

16. fordracer

fordracer

Do we get to know which 2 tuners didnt submit?

17. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

No one has asked that yet.

If it will help, DolHaus and jblackrevo.

18. fordracer

fordracer

List complete. Know I got 6.25% right. :):tup:

19. shaunm80

shaunm80

Test/Review from the Mystery Tester. Feel free to guess who this person may be :)

@shaunm80 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @chrisspeed281 @DolHaus @Brewguy44 @fordracer @DaBomm4 @MrGrado @787bcgr @xande1959 @ugabugaz @brian wolf @Voodoovaj @jblackrevo9 @sinof1337 @Motor City Hami @coryclifford

FITT M Power Challenge Reviews

Each tune ran for 10 laps.
    Grip set to real.
    ABS to 1.

Tuner #1 - M3 Chrome Line
    Lap Time: 2:08.453
    DC: 7.9
    Comments: Front end was responsive until mid corner when car would slide through apex. Rear end felt lighter as the RPMs increased causing the rear wheels to break free on lower speed corners. Something not quite right with the rear suspension...too stiff?

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
    Lap Time: 2:07.825
    DC: 9.4
    Comments: I really like this car and it fits my driving style. A joy to drive. I found the most speed by staying up 1/2 lane through the sharper corners. Great job tuner!

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
    Lap Time: 2:05.862
    DC: 8.6
    Comments: The rear was stiff and liked to bounce around a lot. Add that to the inside rear tire lighting up on exit made an uncomfortable car for me. It did however, make the rear easier to catch if it did start too slide out, I just couldn't predict if it was going to and made several over corrections. But you can't argue with the lap times.

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
    Lap Time: 2:07.310
    DC: 8.6
    Comments: Can get some understeer through mid corner with a little tail happy on exit. Still a fun car to drive, nice job.

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
    Lap Time: 2:08.922
    DC: 7.7
    Comments: Overall the car was decent to drive balance wise, but the lack of rear grip was a problem. Hard to tell if it was going to stay with you or slide out. You could use that oversteer to counter the understeer when attacking the apex by accelerating, but that could lead to smoking the rear tires on exit.

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
    Lap Time: 2:07.538
    DC: 8.3
    Comments: Very quick car, but odd. Some corners were brilliant, others it didn't feel as if the car was on the track. Corrections were difficult as wells it's the rear being a little unpredictable.

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
    Lap Time: 2:06.422
    DC: 8.8
    Comments: Transmission was very responsive, little loss of power when shifting. Comfortable car, difficult to get aggressive with understeer from entry through mid corner.

Tuner #8 – M3 Chrome Line
    Lap Time: 2:07.991
    DC: 8.4
    Comments: I struggled with this one...at first. Lots of sliding around, under steer that led to oversteer, but could tell that it had the best braking capabilities and body response of the chrome lines. The second set of 5 laps I stopped fighting the car, fed it the driving lines it wanted, and was rewarded with much quicker lap times.

Tuner #9 – M4 Performance Edition
    Lap Time:
    DC:
    Comments:

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
    Lap Time: 2:07.450
    DC: 9.8
    Comments: A car that does what you want and expect. The only things stopping this car being perfect for me is slight understeer between entry and mid corner and not using up all of the transmission. Other than that... Amazing tune.

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
    Lap Time: 2:06.023
    DC: 9.2
    Comments: Great consistent car. The whole car felt light and ready to go, but I hurt my times lap after lap when trying to get really aggressive battling oversteer on exit. More throttle control would help. Having said that, I still like this car.

Tuner #12 – M4 Performance Edition
    Lap Time: 2:08.096
    DC: 7.4
    Comments: The rear liked to bounce around a lot. Was decent to drive if you hit your marks. Not very forgiving if you strayed off the racing line though.

Tuner #13 - M3 Chrome Line
    Lap Time: 2:07.517
    DC: 7.5
    Comments: Fast car, but struggled with consistency. If you hit all of your marks you would nail the apex and blast out of the corner...the best of the chrome lines. If you were a little off, you would lose grip from the outside front tire and slide through the turn. The transmission was very quick to react and that helped induce better turn in but the long 2nd gear hurt Turn 1.

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
    Lap Time: 2:06.373
    DC: 8.9
    Comments: Fun car. Had a slight push mid corner which could lead to more oversteer on exit. Seemed to get worse the more aggressive I got.

Tuner #15 – M4 Performance
    Lap Time:
    DC:
    Comments:

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
    Lap Time: 2:07.864
    DC: 8.7
    Comments: The softer suspension hurt the middle of the corner when pushed hard and there was more body roll, but it also meant curbs and bumps didn't upset the car. This allowed for clipping corners and was highly stable under braking.

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
    Lap Time: 2:09.036
    DC: 7.5
    Comments: Decent car with small amounts of understeer. The weight and gearing really slowed this car down. Would hit 6th gear just before braking into Turn 1.

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
    Lap Time: 2:07.190
    DC: 9.0
    Comments: There is great potential with this car. Excellent tune, but needs constant throttle control through mid corner to be fast due to lift off understeer. Brakes are very good and stable.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  20. shaunm80

shaunm80

@Soren Jacquet - I know that your close to finishing your testing. Will you be able to post your results today?

21. fordracer

fordracer

Thanks to the mystry tester for putting the cars through their paces and writingsome great reveiws.

Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  22. macdog54

macdog54

Ok here's my shot in the dark,

Shaunm80 - tune 5
    Bowtie Muscle - tune 11
    Otaliema - tune 17
    Crisspead281 - tune 4
    Brewguy44 - tune 18
    Fordracer - tune 14
    DaBomm4 - tune 16
    MrGrado - tune 2
    787bcgr - tune 10
    xande1959 - tune 7
    ugabugaz - tune 6
    briab wolf - tune 8
    voodoovai - tune 13
    sinof1337 - tune 3
    Motor City Hami - tune 1
    coryclifford - tune12

fordracer and Otaliema like this.
  23. shaunm80

shaunm80

Very good attempt. Score is 2/16 :)

24. macdog54

macdog54

Numbers were picked out of cup because that's about as much chance I would have at picking them.:):)

25. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

They will come when I get home from the beach my friend .:cheers:

26. shaunm80

shaunm80

No worries, Enjoy the beach :)

fordracer, Bowtie-muscle and Otaliema like this.
  27. xande1959

xande1959

Lord General. good peformance comments from those who know, congratulate good job:cheers::tup:

28. xande1959

xande1959

- good job.
    many of my setups are revised after the comments of you. I suggest then that you guys the FITT create space with setup for winning cars. :cheers::tup:

29. Otaliema

Otaliema

Not bad for pulling them outta hat.

Beach???? Man enjoy with that heat wave you're in. Don't forget the water.

Great reviews from who ever they are. The writer style is reminiscent of a top level driver feedback.
    Maybe Hami, or cslacr not sure tbh. I'll just be blunt on this one they didn't like my car...or did they like it. :mischievous:

30. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Hello Mystery Tester, great job and wonderful review. Really good lap times as well.

Thanks for jumping in and for putting in the time, even if from the shadows. :sly:

:lol::lol::lol:

fordracer, Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.