FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
Thats cool. Thank you.

I know that english is your second (or third?) language but if you feel comfortable breaking the tunes down into what was good and what was bad, that would be useful information for all the tuners, if your not, thats okay with me. The data you have given us already is perfectly fine for the competition.

Thank you for doing these tests. :)

the language is not the problem, it is the content...

basically if i give a high rating the car was consistent and did what i wanted. I f the rating was low i felt like fighting the car and i had difficulty to be consistent. I hope in future i will feel comfortable to find words for what i think of a car...

grts Steef

the language is not the problem, it is the content...

basically if i give a high rating the car was consistent and did what i wanted. I f the rating was low i felt like fighting the car and i had difficulty to be consistent.
Well, that right there sums up pretty much every review submitted so far and I cannot disagree with a single word you have wrote. Well said indeed :)

here are my results:

@shaunm80 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @chrisspeed281 @DolHaus @Brewguy44 @fordracer @DaBomm4 @MrGrado @787bcgr @xande1959 @ugabugaz @brian wolf @Voodoovaj @jblackrevo9 @sinof1337 @Motor City Hami @coryclifford

FITT M Power Challenge Reviews

All testing done at Nürburgring GP/F. Grip set to real.

Tuner #1 - M3 Chrome Line
Lap Time: 2.09.911 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.12.231 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.08.772 DC: 9
Comments:

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2.09.893 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Lap Time: 2.12.236 DC: 7
Comments:

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2.10.794 DC: 9
Comments:

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.09.544 DC: 9,5
Comments:

Tuner #8 – M3 Chrome Line
Lap Time: 2.11.549 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #9 – M4 Performance Edition
Lap Time: DC:
Comments: No tune submitted - Too busy with life

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.10.593 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.08.814 DC: 9
Comments:

Tuner #12 – M4 Performance Edition
Lap Time: 2.11.106 DC: 7
Comments:

Tuner #13 - M3 Chrome Line
Lap Time: 2.10.724 DC: 9
Comments:

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.10.847 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #15 – M4 Performance
Comments: No tune submitted

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.12.239 DC: 7,5
Comments:

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.12.418 DC: 7
Comments:

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.10.548 DC: 9
Comments:
Thank you for the time and effort for the testing. I'll get you added to the results sheet in a bit. Gonna get my playtime in this morning.

Hello Shaun,

I spent enough time with the tunes and i feel comfortable with the result, i am happy that it can be classed official. It was a long way for me, but at least i found my way. As i wrote before i had to do a bypass via Silverstone, after that it was fine.

just for interest, here are my lap-times for Silverstone

All testing done at Silverstone. Grip set to real.

Lap Time: 2.155

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.151

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.128

Tuner #4 – M3 '07

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Lap Time: 2.167

Tuner #6 – M3 '07

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.109

Lap Time: 2.144

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.136

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.124

Lap Time: 2.145

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.126

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.138

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.153

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.129
Wow pretty much the exacat same order as at Nurburgring. 👍

@Otaliema - would you be so kind to create another tester box for Steefpeef and put his times and DC in.

Thank you and as always, you are doing a fantastic job of keeping the scoresheet up to date :)
Will do. Gonna play this morning before the kids show up and get up.

Hello Shaun,

I spent enough time with the tunes and i feel comfortable with the result, i am happy that it can be classed official. It was a long way for me, but at least i found my way. As i wrote before i had to do a bypass via Silverstone, after that it was fine.

just for interest, here are my lap-times for Silverstone

All testing done at Silverstone. Grip set to real.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.151

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR

Tuner #4 – M3 '07

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Lap Time: 2.167

Tuner #6 – M3 '07

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.109

Lap Time: 2.144

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.136

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.124

Lap Time: 2.145

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.126

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.138

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.153

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.129
Great job testing, 2 tracks?...... Now that took some time. Hope you enjoyed them. Any idea who was who?

Thanks for putting in all the time and effort, it does not go unnoticed:tup:

At this moment in time, neither myself or Bowtie have received any guesses from any of the testers. If anyone wants to guess before all the reviews are in and the final scores calculated, feel free to do so.

It is all in the name of fun so don't be shy. :)

here are my results:

@shaunm80 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @chrisspeed281 @DolHaus @Brewguy44 @fordracer @DaBomm4 @MrGrado @787bcgr @xande1959 @ugabugaz @brian wolf @Voodoovaj @jblackrevo9 @sinof1337 @Motor City Hami @coryclifford

Lap Time: 2.09.911 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.12.231 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.08.772 DC: 9
Comments:

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2.09.893 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Lap Time: 2.12.236 DC: 7
Comments:

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2.10.794 DC: 9
Comments:

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.09.544 DC: 9,5
Comments:

Lap Time: 2.11.549 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.10.593 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.08.814 DC: 9
Comments:

Lap Time: 2.11.106 DC: 7
Comments:

Lap Time: 2.10.724 DC: 9
Comments:

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.10.847 DC: 8
Comments:

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.12.239 DC: 7,5
Comments:

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.12.418 DC: 7
Comments:

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.10.548 DC: 9
Comments:

a pizza delivery not do many kilometers. I congratulate you, the tests in two different circuits .Thank good job:cheers:👍

All cars test with DS3 controller using the stick controls and auto

Lap Time: 2.09.032
DC : 8.5
Comments:
First car tested and it felt pretty good , the car handles well, good brakes, the transmission was right on the money, getting the power down without loosing the rear was my main problem, overall a pretty good tune.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.08.558
DC: 9.2
Comments:
Really good rear grip , could get on the gas really early without loosing the rear , turns into the slower corners really well, stable under hard braking, and I liked the transmission settings ,well done.

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.06.787
DC: 9.5
Comments:
A very easy car to drive, good gearbox and brakes, good turn in through the corners and easy to give it that little bit extra to slide the back around when needed. Well done.

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2.07.703
DC:8.8
Comments:
Very quick down the straight with really good brakes, well planted and stable with a good change of direction , but the rear end that doesn't take much to smoke up.

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Lap Time: 2.09.187
DC: 9
Comments:
Not a bad set up for this one, the engine feels like it's in the power zone all the time, it lacks that straight line speed of the others but makes up with really good brakes, and pretty good turn in and rotation , the only downside was trying to control the wheel spin .

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2.08.823
DC: 8
Comments:
I just couldn't get comfortable with this car, to me it seemed to lack front grip, I just couldn't get it to turn in/rotate without running wide. The brakes were really good and the car was not a bad drive.

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.06.312
DC: 10
Comments:
Consistent all the way, only the first two laps not in the 6's, an easy drive that does every thing that you ask with ease ,well done.

Lap Time: 2.09.728
DC : 8
Comments:
I really had to work hard to get into the 9's ( my one and only lap in the nines) , I don't know why because it does everything pretty good , turn in , brakes , corner exit are all good although I would occasionally loose traction on the fast Schumacher S section , but I just couldn't get into the groove with it.

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.08.092
DC : 9
Comments:
A good drive once I got used to it, a more sedate version of tune 2 ( but quicker in the end) , really good traction , stable and safe under the conditions I put it through , the gearbox was a little long in the final drive but I doubt if that would have made much of a difference, for me it could have done with a little more corner rotation, well done.

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.06.337
DC : 9.75
Comments:
It was there but I just couldn't get the consistency of tune 7, from being up as much as .550 in the first section on nearly every lap I got run down over the back section. The brakes , turn in and rotation for the slower corners are good and the car drives well, good work.

Lap Time: 2.07.912
Comments:
A bit of a strange one this one, aggressive driving for the most part didn't work, so I had to slow down on corner entry and let the car coast through the corners for the most part and slide the rear at the other end,brakes and traction were good

Lap Time: 2.08.966
Comments:
Only the third car I've driven but it's raised the bar pretty high, great brakes, rear grip gave lots of confidence coming out of the slower corners, a very consistent car that if I made a little mistake I could brake a little later or accelerate out of a corner just that little bit sooner to make up that time, well done.

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2.06.896
Comments:
Does everything pretty well, great traction, can get on the gas early, good turn in and the brakes do a very good job, well done.

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2.08.005
DC:9.5
Comments:
This one was quick right from the start and consistent , only 2 laps not in the 2.08's and they were from braking mistakes, great traction, really good turn in through the corners and the best car through the Schumacher S of the 6 cars I've tested so far, but it's a wild ride with more body movement then the others.

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: DC: 2.08.760
DC: 8.2
Comments:
Slow compared to the other GTR's down the straight and getting the braking points took a while to get right, there's very little wheel spin so I had to change my normal style and drive a lot more aggressive to get it out of the slower corners, the car drives and feels ok

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2.08.399
Comments:
Another car I couldn't get into a rhythm with, I was braking too early than breaking too late , didn't turn into the corners as good as some of the others and it bounced quit a bit when hitting the edges of the last chicane ,

Last edited:

Comments:
First car tested and it felt pretty good , the car handles well, good brakes, the transmission was right on the money, getting the power down without loosing the rear was my main problem, overall a pretty good tune.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Comments:
Really good rear grip , could get on the gas really early without loosing the rear , turns into the slower corners really well, stable under hard braking, and I liked the transmission settings ,well done.

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Comments:
A very easy car to drive, good gearbox and brakes, good turn in through the corners and easy to give it that little bit extra to slide the back around when needed. Well done.

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Comments:
Very quick down the straight with really good brakes, well planted and stable with a good change of direction , but the rear end that doesn't take much to smoke up.
Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Comments:
Not a bad set up for this one, the engine feels like it's in the power zone all the time, it lacks that straight line speed of the others but makes up with really good brakes, and pretty good turn in and rotation , the only downside was trying to control the wheel spin .

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Comments:
I just couldn't get comfortable with this car, to me it seemed to lack front grip, I just couldn't get it to turn in/rotate without running wide. The brakes were really good and the car was not a bad drive.

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Comments:
Consistent all the way, only the first two laps not in the 6's, an easy drive that does every thing that you ask with ease ,well done.

Comments:
I really had to work hard to get into the 9's ( my one and only lap in the nines) , I don't know why because it does everything pretty good , turn in , brakes , corner exit are all good although I would occasionally loose traction on the fast Schumacher S section , but I just couldn't get into the groove with it.

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Comments:
A good drive once I got used to it, a more sedate version of tune 2 ( but quicker in the end) , really good traction , stable and safe under the conditions I put it through , the gearbox was a little long in the final drive but I doubt if that would have made much of a difference, for me it could have done with a little more corner rotation, well done.

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Comments:
It was there but I just couldn't get the consistency of tune 7, from being up as much as .550 in the first section on nearly every lap I got run down over the back section. The brakes , turn in and rotation for the slower corners are good and the car drives well, good work.

Comments:
A bit of a strange one this one, aggressive driving for the most part didn't work, so I had to slow down on corner entry and let the car coast through the corners for the most part and slide the rear at the other end,brakes and traction were good

Comments:
Only the third car I've driven but it's raised the bar pretty high, great brakes, rear grip gave lots of confidence coming out of the slower corners, a very consistent car that if I made a little mistake I could brake a little later or accelerate out of a corner just that little bit sooner to make up that time, well done.

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Comments:
Does everything pretty well, great traction, can get on the gas early, good turn in and the brakes do a very good job, well done.

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Comments:
This one was quick right from the start and consistent , only 2 laps not in the 2.08's and they were from braking mistakes, great traction, really good turn in through the corners and the best car through the Schumacher S of the 6 cars I've tested so far, but it's a wild ride with more body movement then the others.

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Comments:
Slow compared to the other GTR's down the straight and getting the braking points took a while to get right, there's very little wheel spin so I had to change my normal style and drive a lot more aggressive to get it out of the slower corners, the car drives and feels ok

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:
Another car I couldn't get into a rhythm with, I was braking too early than breaking too late , didn't turn into the corners as good as some of the others and it bounced quit a bit when hitting the edges of the last chicane ,
Great job, and great lap times. Glad you were able to get them all done. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated. Hope you found some keepers:D

Comments:

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Comments:
Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Comments:

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:
Thanks for sreping up to the plate and testing. Great times and reviews. Your time is appreciated.

Last edited:

Comments:

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Comments:
Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Comments:

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:
Great job very consistent times. Glad you liked my car...or did you??? Time will tell.
I'll get your times loaded in a couple days or so. It's a holiday weekend here in the States so will Sunday night or Monday morning till I can load them.
@shaunm80 sorry I forgot to add The extra slit to the sheet.

Times input from @macdog54 and @steefpeef

Updated rankings.
GP/F Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #3 M3 GTR 2:06.991 +00.000
2 Tuner #11 M3 CSL 2:07.224 +00.234
3 Tuner #7 M3 CSL 2:07.572 +00.581
4 Tuner #14 M3 CSL 2:07.860 +00.870
5 Tuner #18 M3 GTR 2:08.421 +01.431

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #3 M3 GTR 9.33
2 Tuner #11 M3 CSL 9.20
3 Tuner #7 M3 CSL 9.14
4 Tuner #13 M3 Chome Line 8.86
5 Tuner #2 M4 Coupe 8.82

Fastest Lap at GP/F
2:04.412; Tuner #3 M3 GTR's tune Driven By ugabugaz

Most Consistent Dabomm4 1.865
Fastest Average ugabugaz 126.226

Note to self don't add testers or tuners to the sheet when tired it's gets more complicated then it should.
Mac and Steef can you please confirm I input your times correctly I am a bit on the tired side right now. Thanks.

Updated rankings.
GP/F Lap Time Podium

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #3 M3 GTR 9.33
2 Tuner #11 M3 CSL 9.20
3 Tuner #7 M3 CSL 9.14
5 Tuner #2 M4 Coupe 8.82

Fastest Lap at GP/F

Note to self don't add testers or tuners to the sheet when tired it's gets more complicated then it should.
Mac and Steef can you please confirm I input your times correctly I am a bit on the tired side right now. Thanks.

As far is i can see it seems correct, thank you for all your hard work!

Comments:

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Comments:
Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Comments:

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:
Thank you for the review. I appreciate your words of wisdom and your feedback was as expected. :) great job as always.

Updated rankings.
GP/F Lap Time Podium

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #3 M3 GTR 9.33
2 Tuner #11 M3 CSL 9.20
3 Tuner #7 M3 CSL 9.14
5 Tuner #2 M4 Coupe 8.82

Fastest Lap at GP/F

All looks good to me, get some rest buddy.

Comments:

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Comments:
Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Comments:

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:

Another set of consitent,fast times. Good stuff, glad to have you with us.

Comments:

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Comments:
Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Comments:

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Comments:

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Comments:

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Comments:

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:

great work. very good times. as they say! who rides a bike never forget. congratulate, thank you:cheers::bowdown:

FITT M Power Challenge

(Grip real, TCS 0, ABS 1, AT)

Initial Impressions: after a lap or two
Final Impressions: after 10ish laps

Tuner 1: M3 Chrome line

2:08.545
DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Very predictable and easy to drive
  • Decent rotation
  • 6th Gear struggles and feels too short
  • Brakes feel weak
Final Impressions:
Although the initial impressions were that the car seemed predictable but this changed as we got closer to the limit. It was a tricky car at the limit, it wasn't dangerous but you could never be exactly sure of how the car was going to react from one moment to the next, it almost felt like it had active driving aids cutting in at inopportune moments (I checked everything was off).
The car squirmed around a lot coming out of 2nd gear corners, felt as though the diff was locking and unlocking with the powerband causing the car to twist in the direction of the outside rear as you got near the top of the rev range. I suspect as the power drops away in the high RPM the diff was loosening and causing slight over-rotation.
Late corner rotation was good due to the application of rear camber but this made it difficult to use advantageously, the rear would slip as soon as you put the power down so you'd have to wait until the car was straightened out.
Overall it felt like if I had the time to learn the car and track corner by corner until I could do it perfectly the car could be very quick but in the time I could only string a few sections together and struggle through the rest. It didn't do anything badly but I never really felt in control, I was always having to react to the car rather than being able to predict what it was going to do.

Tuner 2: M4 Coupe

2:08.860
DC = 9

Initial Impressions:
  • Very precise and sharp
  • Good brakes
  • Plenty of grip
Final Impressions:
A wonderfully balanced car, precise and neutral on entry with good brakes. Good mid turn rotation and just enough slip at the rear to maintain rotation on exit without lighting up the rear tyres and spinning away the tyres.
Honestly couldn't work out why the car wasn't faster though, straight line speed was good and the car felt great through the corners. I can only speculate that the stiffness of the springs is costing speed in the slower sections earlier in the lap.
The car was a touch slippery which is a symptom I'd usually associate with overly stiff springs, if the same balance could be achieved on a softer set up then this car could be devastating.

Tuner 3: M3 GTR

2:05.389
DC = 9.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Darty on entry
  • Develops slight understeer late-mid corner and exit
  • Doesn't like curbs
Final Impressions:
The car felt little twitchy at first and reacted very directly to input but once you get to know it a little better its very easy to get pointed in the direction you want to go. The brakes were simply superb, accommodating for trail braking perfectly and allowing me to maintain rotation on the brakes all the way to the apex where necessary. Slight bit of shimmying around when braking in a straight line but entirely manageable as long as you didn't need to make any sudden corrections when coming in hot.
The one thing I wasn't entirely happy with was the LSD during acceleration out of the slower corners, often power would suddenly shift to the inside wheel and cause all sorts of drama. This would range from simply wasting drive in some occasions to outright twitches and unrecoverable high speed wobbles. The problem didn't really present itself until you started hunting for every last bit of speed where confidence and predictability are important, when running out onto the slippery bits the last thing you want to be worrying about is a sudden twitch from the rear.
Its not a massive problem though, the car is still devastatingly fast and a joy to drive as it is, a more consistent and predictable diff would just be the icing on the cake. All in all a fantastic drive, well done.

Tuner 4: M3 Coupe

2:07.690
DC = 7.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Brakes work well
  • Car feels heavy but rotates well
  • Loves to spin up the inside wheel
Final Impressions:
The car felt a little too soft and wobbly for the speed of the track. The grip was good in the slower sections but this was often cancelled out by the LSD dumping power onto the inside wheel and destabilising the rear end. In the faster sections the LSD was doing a good job of allowing me to stay on the power but the suspension was letting the car lean over on its door handles and forever pushing wide.
I would advise more compression damping to reduce the body roll and maybe follow with a reduction to ARB stiffness to compensate grip and prevent the car feeling too solid. Increasing LSD Initial and Accel should clear up the power delivery problems and stabilise the rear a little.
Overall the car just felt a little too specialised for one part of the track and in turn unsuitable for another, sometimes it was fun, sometimes it was frustrating.

Tuner 5: 135i

2:09.024
DC = 10

Initial Impressions:
  • Lively... Very lively!
Final Impressions:
I had a lot of fun in theis car, really enjoyed how sharp and responsive this thing was. Its a shame this car comes with bicycle tyres otherwise it could have been a real contender.
It wasn't entirely without fault, the front tyres would light up and push wide if you ran ever so slightly deep and the diff would cause the car to squirm its way out of the slower corners. These were merely exagerations of driver error however and the car can hardly be blamed.
Great fun, well done

Tuner 6: M3 Coupe

2:08.402
DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Easy enough to drive
  • No major surprises
  • Understeer building from mid corner onwards
Final Impressions:
Very safe and easy to drive consistently but the understeer on exit made it hard to push any harder and reduce lap time.
On entry through to mid corner the car was very stable and predictable for the most part but I was forever waiting to get the power down on exit.
Some of the settings appeared to be directly conflicting rather than complimenting, adding a bit of rotation here and adding understeer there. When building try to establish what the individual changes are doing and how dramatic the effect is so you can make more difference with less changes. The result will be a more consistent car rather than one that displays different characteristics at different moments.

Tuner 7: M3 CSL

2:06.914
DC = 5

Initial Impressions:
  • Quite a lot of understeer
  • Very composed on the power
Final Impressions:
The car was far too stable and prohibitive, it was solid when you got on the power but the understeer prevented this trait being of any use as I was waiting so long to get back on it.
The brakes felt really weak for a car this light, many times the car would just fly past the turn in point despite ample braking room being given. I suspect the high front damper compression snd slightly stiff springs were responsible for the poor braking and some of the understeer, the rest I suspect is due to the front ARB balance and excess rear toe.

Tuner 8: M3 Chrome line

2:08.440
DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Very positive turn in
  • Slightly unsteady mid corner
  • Decent brakes
Final Impressions:
The car felt very light and responsive in spite of its bulk but also felt a little floaty and slippery, an interesting car to drive but a difficult one to trust.
I can't quite put my finger on why the car feels odd and the numbers don't show any obvious causes. Best guess would be a little less front toe out to help the car track mid corner and a little less front extension perhaps. Another minor issue was that the car squirms a little under heavy braking, a few clicks higher on the LSD decel and maybe initial should take car of this and help consistency.
Odd feeling car but I can't really fault it

Tuner 9:

DC =

Initial Impressions:

Final Impressions:

Tuner 10: M4 Coupe

2:08.134
DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Car feels solid and composed
  • Touch of understeer
  • Engine feels laboured
Final Impressions:
I found that this car was extremely functional and consistent but lacked any kind of personality or character, it neither did anything particularly badly or particularly well.
Very easy to drive and never did anything that surprised me but at the same time I never felt exited or involved while driving.
I liked the 6-Speed concept (7 gears is just showing off) but the execution was slightly less successful unfortunately, the engine felt strained the entire time and didn't have the greatest drive, particularly at the top of the rev range.
It might have been a more enjoyable drive on slightly stiffer springs, just something to sharpen it up and make it feel more involving. Dropping the rear extension a click or two will also help liven the car up and give you a little more rotation where necessary.

Tuner 11: M3 CSL

2:06.583
DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Excellent brakes
  • Feels light and sharp
  • A little hard to predict rotation wise
Final Impressions:
The car was very capable but was also a little twitchy and hard to predict. It felt as if the front had a little more grip than the rear which was causing slight over-rotation in response to steering input. This was particularly evident when changing direction quickly where the front end would respond well but the rear just couldn't stick with it causing sudden instability.
Once you got to know the car a little better and put the extra delicate gloves on the car was quite a good drive, plenty of rotation, the brakes were exquisite and very few issues when getting the power down. I still never felt entirely confident with the car as I was always expecting an overreaction and just couldn't push as hard but an exiting drive none the less.
I would maybe equalise the ride height to balance the car a little and/or increase the initial a little to make the car a little more consistent and less snappy. If that didn't work then maybe look at softening the overall spring rates a little.

Tuner 12: M4 Performance

2:08.263
DC = 5.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Feels heavy
  • Oversteer on slow corner exit
  • Long gears
Final Impressions:
This car really resisted being pushed, it just wouldn't allow me to carry the speed through entry and mid corner without encountering substantial understeer. With the car being so difficult to rotate I hoped that the car would be solid and grippy when putting the power down on exit but unfotunately the car liked to squirm and twist out of the slower corners, this rendered the slow-in-fast-out approach ineffective.
The gearing felt long but I never really noticed the engine bogging down or struggling so it wasn't any more than an auditory issue. The brakes were average, they got the car stopped well enough but didn't really inspire confidence or blow me away.
Another car with a lot of contadictary tuning choices, things like the ballast and toe being set up to improve rotation/induce oversteer were being directly counteracted by the ride height, LSD initial and damper settings. Try to adjust each individual setting individually when beginning the tuning process and note the effects, this will allow you to know which settings to adjust in order to have the effect on the car you want. Copying a setup into the other tabs before making adjustments will allow you to compare the effects easily and build up a picture more quickly and decide whether this is a positive or negative step in the process.

Tuner 13: M3 Chromeline

2:08.301
DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Very Stable and predictable
  • Slight understeer
  • Doesn't like fast corners
Final Impressions:
This car required a very specific driving style, if you weren't super careful with your entry speeds the car would develop catastrophic understeer and plough straight on. Not exactly to my tastes as I prefer a car that is more responsive on entry but if you behaved yourself then the car was quite smooth and compliant.
The rotation was decent enough and the brakes got the job done, gearing felt natural and the engine pulled well as a result. Nothing particularly astonishing but nothing that offended the senses either.
My tuning advice would be to lower it and stiffen it to make it more responsive and and some front extension and rear compression to reduce the late corner understeer by keeping weight over the front wheels and maintaining grip. The spring balance was good but it just suffered in the fast corners.

Tuner 14: M3 CSL

2:06.534
DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Good rotation and grip
  • Squirms under heavy braking
Final Impressions:
This car was very consistent time wise but equally difficult to squeeze any more speed out of no matter what I tried. All of my laps were within .5 of each other but no two of them were the same, I was always gaining and dropping time in different places every lap.
The brakes were my least favourite element of the car as they felt a bit weak and the car would squirm and then push as you came off the brakes which I suspect is a result of having the initial higher than the decel in the LSD.
Everything else felt good and I really can't work out why the car wasn't quicker, my best guess would be that the ballast was costing some speed in the corners and a less powerful setup might have been more productive.

Tuner 15:

DC =

Initial Impressions:

Final Impressions:

Tuner 16: M4 Coupe

2:07.765
DC = 8

Initial Impressions:

• Very Composed
  • Good Brakes
  • Understeers on longer corners
Final Impressions:
Slow in, fast out was the name of the game with this car, not exactly my preferred style of driving but I can't say it was difficult to adjust to and the car responded pleasingly.
The brakes were good, as long as you kept the car straight it would get stopped well, however if you tried to trail brake the front end would plough wide and understeer. There was also an element of understeer on exit once you tried to get the power down but it was supremely stable with no hint of slip or wheel spin.
I suspect the soft dampers were the source of the grip particularly in the low speed corners but they also gave the car slight difficulty when recovering from a slip or running deep on the brakes, the car would turn to jelly and struggle to regain composure.
I feel if you set all of the dampers a click higher and matched the rear compression to the front extension then the car would be a little more verstaile and faster mid corner.

Tuner 17: M3 GTR

2:08.810
DC = 5.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Lots of punch in the mid range
  • Feels kind of heavy
  • 5 speed?
Final Impressions:
Really couldn't make heads nor tails of this one, it felt inconsistent at the most inopportune of moments and I just couldn't trust it. Sometimes the rotation was decent, sometimes it understeered on the way in, sometimes it let go on the way out, never in the same place and never for the same reason.
The brakes were good but again inconsistency would creep in and cause either squirming or understeer depending on its mood and the direction of the wind.
There aren't any obvious clues present in the setup that point to a cause for the problems so I would have to hazard a guess that the extra weight and low ride height were causing the car to bottom out under load. This is the only reason I can think would cause such unpredictability and mixed reactions.

Tuner 18: M3 GTR

2:06.722
DC = 7.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Predictable but stiff
  • Doesn't like curbs
Final Impressions:
This car felt like it only wanted to run one specific line and would resist quite heavily if you tried to make it do otherwise. When running its preferred line it ran well, the rotation was decent but once you'd turned in you were committed to that line as corrections were difficult and costly.
For the most part it was easy to get the power down but occasionally the car would squirm and overwhelm the tyres, when this happened it was easy to control but proved costly to lap time.
I would perhaps lower the spring rates and increase the ride height in order to make the car more compliant. Dropping the rear toe a little would help to free up some more rotation and lowering the amount of camber would help to increase mid/late corner grip and really increase the speed without ruining the balance.

FITT M Power Challenge

(Grip real, TCS 0, ABS 1, AT)g

DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Decent rotation
  • Brakes feel weak
Final Impressions:
Although the initial impressions were that the car seemed predictable but this changed as we got closer to the limit. It was a tricky car at the limit, it wasn't dangerous but you could never be exactly sure of how the car was going to react from one moment to the next, it almost felt like it had active driving aids cutting in at inopportune moments (I checked everything was off).
The car squirmed around a lot coming out of 2nd gear corners, felt as though the diff was locking and unlocking with the powerband causing the car to twist in the direction of the outside rear as you got near the top of the rev range. I suspect as the power drops away in the high RPM the diff was loosening and causing slight over-rotation.
Late corner rotation was good due to the application of rear camber but this made it difficult to use advantageously, the rear would slip as soon as you put the power down so you'd have to wait until the car was straightened out.
Overall it felt like if I had the time to learn the car and track corner by corner until I could do it perfectly the car could be very quick but in the time I could only string a few sections together and struggle through the rest. It didn't do anything badly but I never really felt in control, I was always having to react to the car rather than being able to predict what it was going to do.

DC = 9

Initial Impressions:
  • Very precise and sharp
  • Good brakes
  • Plenty of grip
Final Impressions:
A wonderfully balanced car, precise and neutral on entry with good brakes. Good mid turn rotation and just enough slip at the rear to maintain rotation on exit without lighting up the rear tyres and spinning away the tyres.
Honestly couldn't work out why the car wasn't faster though, straight line speed was good and the car felt great through the corners. I can only speculate that the stiffness of the springs is costing speed in the slower sections earlier in the lap.
The car was a touch slippery which is a symptom I'd usually associate with overly stiff springs, if the same balance could be achieved on a softer set up then this car could be devastating.

DC = 9.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Darty on entry
  • Doesn't like curbs
Final Impressions:
The car felt little twitchy at first and reacted very directly to input but once you get to know it a little better its very easy to get pointed in the direction you want to go. The brakes were simply superb, accommodating for trail braking perfectly and allowing me to maintain rotation on the brakes all the way to the apex where necessary. Slight bit of shimmying around when braking in a straight line but entirely manageable as long as you didn't need to make any sudden corrections when coming in hot.
The one thing I wasn't entirely happy with was the LSD during acceleration out of the slower corners, often power would suddenly shift to the inside wheel and cause all sorts of drama. This would range from simply wasting drive in some occasions to outright twitches and unrecoverable high speed wobbles. The problem didn't really present itself until you started hunting for every last bit of speed where confidence and predictability are important, when running out onto the slippery bits the last thing you want to be worrying about is a sudden twitch from the rear.
Its not a massive problem though, the car is still devastatingly fast and a joy to drive as it is, a more consistent and predictable diff would just be the icing on the cake. All in all a fantastic drive, well done.

DC = 7.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Brakes work well
Final Impressions:
The car felt a little too soft and wobbly for the speed of the track. The grip was good in the slower sections but this was often cancelled out by the LSD dumping power onto the inside wheel and destabilising the rear end. In the faster sections the LSD was doing a good job of allowing me to stay on the power but the suspension was letting the car lean over on its door handles and forever pushing wide.
I would advise more compression damping to reduce the body roll and maybe follow with a reduction to ARB stiffness to compensate grip and prevent the car feeling too solid. Increasing LSD Initial and Accel should clear up the power delivery problems and stabilise the rear a little.
Overall the car just felt a little too specialised for one part of the track and in turn unsuitable for another, sometimes it was fun, sometimes it was frustrating.

DC = 10

Initial Impressions:
  • Lively... Very lively!
Final Impressions:
I had a lot of fun in theis car, really enjoyed how sharp and responsive this thing was. Its a shame this car comes with bicycle tyres otherwise it could have been a real contender.
It wasn't entirely without fault, the front tyres would light up and push wide if you ran ever so slightly deep and the diff would cause the car to squirm its way out of the slower corners. These were merely exagerations of driver error however and the car can hardly be blamed.
Great fun, well done

DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Easy enough to drive
  • No major surprises
Final Impressions:
Very safe and easy to drive consistently but the understeer on exit made it hard to push any harder and reduce lap time.
On entry through to mid corner the car was very stable and predictable for the most part but I was forever waiting to get the power down on exit.
Some of the settings appeared to be directly conflicting rather than complimenting, adding a bit of rotation here and adding understeer there. When building try to establish what the individual changes are doing and how dramatic the effect is so you can make more difference with less changes. The result will be a more consistent car rather than one that displays different characteristics at different moments.

DC = 5

Initial Impressions:
Final Impressions:
The car was far too stable and prohibitive, it was solid when you got on the power but the understeer prevented this trait being of any use as I was waiting so long to get back on it.
The brakes felt really weak for a car this light, many times the car would just fly past the turn in point despite ample braking room being given. I suspect the high front damper compression snd slightly stiff springs were responsible for the poor braking and some of the understeer, the rest I suspect is due to the front ARB balance and excess rear toe.

DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Very positive turn in
  • Decent brakes
Final Impressions:
The car felt very light and responsive in spite of its bulk but also felt a little floaty and slippery, an interesting car to drive but a difficult one to trust.
I can't quite put my finger on why the car feels odd and the numbers don't show any obvious causes. Best guess would be a little less front toe out to help the car track mid corner and a little less front extension perhaps. Another minor issue was that the car squirms a little under heavy braking, a few clicks higher on the LSD decel and maybe initial should take car of this and help consistency.

Tuner 9:

DC =

Initial Impressions:

Final Impressions:

DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Touch of understeer
  • Engine feels laboured
Final Impressions:
I found that this car was extremely functional and consistent but lacked any kind of personality or character, it neither did anything particularly badly or particularly well.
Very easy to drive and never did anything that surprised me but at the same time I never felt exited or involved while driving.
I liked the 6-Speed concept (7 gears is just showing off) but the execution was slightly less successful unfortunately, the engine felt strained the entire time and didn't have the greatest drive, particularly at the top of the rev range.
It might have been a more enjoyable drive on slightly stiffer springs, just something to sharpen it up and make it feel more involving. Dropping the rear extension a click or two will also help liven the car up and give you a little more rotation where necessary.

DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Excellent brakes
  • Feels light and sharp
Final Impressions:
The car was very capable but was also a little twitchy and hard to predict. It felt as if the front had a little more grip than the rear which was causing slight over-rotation in response to steering input. This was particularly evident when changing direction quickly where the front end would respond well but the rear just couldn't stick with it causing sudden instability.
Once you got to know the car a little better and put the extra delicate gloves on the car was quite a good drive, plenty of rotation, the brakes were exquisite and very few issues when getting the power down. I still never felt entirely confident with the car as I was always expecting an overreaction and just couldn't push as hard but an exiting drive none the less.
I would maybe equalise the ride height to balance the car a little and/or increase the initial a little to make the car a little more consistent and less snappy. If that didn't work then maybe look at softening the overall spring rates a little.

DC = 5.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Feels heavy
  • Long gears
Final Impressions:
This car really resisted being pushed, it just wouldn't allow me to carry the speed through entry and mid corner without encountering substantial understeer. With the car being so difficult to rotate I hoped that the car would be solid and grippy when putting the power down on exit but unfotunately the car liked to squirm and twist out of the slower corners, this rendered the slow-in-fast-out approach ineffective.
The gearing felt long but I never really noticed the engine bogging down or struggling so it wasn't any more than an auditory issue. The brakes were average, they got the car stopped well enough but didn't really inspire confidence or blow me away.
Another car with a lot of contadictary tuning choices, things like the ballast and toe being set up to improve rotation/induce oversteer were being directly counteracted by the ride height, LSD initial and damper settings. Try to adjust each individual setting individually when beginning the tuning process and note the effects, this will allow you to know which settings to adjust in order to have the effect on the car you want. Copying a setup into the other tabs before making adjustments will allow you to compare the effects easily and build up a picture more quickly and decide whether this is a positive or negative step in the process.

DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Slight understeer
Final Impressions:
This car required a very specific driving style, if you weren't super careful with your entry speeds the car would develop catastrophic understeer and plough straight on. Not exactly to my tastes as I prefer a car that is more responsive on entry but if you behaved yourself then the car was quite smooth and compliant.
The rotation was decent enough and the brakes got the job done, gearing felt natural and the engine pulled well as a result. Nothing particularly astonishing but nothing that offended the senses either.
My tuning advice would be to lower it and stiffen it to make it more responsive and and some front extension and rear compression to reduce the late corner understeer by keeping weight over the front wheels and maintaining grip. The spring balance was good but it just suffered in the fast corners.

DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Good rotation and grip
Final Impressions:
This car was very consistent time wise but equally difficult to squeeze any more speed out of no matter what I tried. All of my laps were within .5 of each other but no two of them were the same, I was always gaining and dropping time in different places every lap.
The brakes were my least favourite element of the car as they felt a bit weak and the car would squirm and then push as you came off the brakes which I suspect is a result of having the initial higher than the decel in the LSD.
Everything else felt good and I really can't work out why the car wasn't quicker, my best guess would be that the ballast was costing some speed in the corners and a less powerful setup might have been more productive.

Tuner 15:

DC =

Initial Impressions:

Final Impressions:

DC = 8

Initial Impressions:

• Very Composed
  • Good Brakes
Final Impressions:
Slow in, fast out was the name of the game with this car, not exactly my preferred style of driving but I can't say it was difficult to adjust to and the car responded pleasingly.
The brakes were good, as long as you kept the car straight it would get stopped well, however if you tried to trail brake the front end would plough wide and understeer. There was also an element of understeer on exit once you tried to get the power down but it was supremely stable with no hint of slip or wheel spin.
I suspect the soft dampers were the source of the grip particularly in the low speed corners but they also gave the car slight difficulty when recovering from a slip or running deep on the brakes, the car would turn to jelly and struggle to regain composure.
I feel if you set all of the dampers a click higher and matched the rear compression to the front extension then the car would be a little more verstaile and faster mid corner.

DC = 5.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Feels kind of heavy
  • 5 speed?
Final Impressions:
Really couldn't make heads nor tails of this one, it felt inconsistent at the most inopportune of moments and I just couldn't trust it. Sometimes the rotation was decent, sometimes it understeered on the way in, sometimes it let go on the way out, never in the same place and never for the same reason.
The brakes were good but again inconsistency would creep in and cause either squirming or understeer depending on its mood and the direction of the wind.
There aren't any obvious clues present in the setup that point to a cause for the problems so I would have to hazard a guess that the extra weight and low ride height were causing the car to bottom out under load. This is the only reason I can think would cause such unpredictability and mixed reactions.

DC = 7.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Predictable but stiff
  • Doesn't like curbs
Final Impressions:
This car felt like it only wanted to run one specific line and would resist quite heavily if you tried to make it do otherwise. When running its preferred line it ran well, the rotation was decent but once you'd turned in you were committed to that line as corrections were difficult and costly.
For the most part it was easy to get the power down but occasionally the car would squirm and overwhelm the tyres, when this happened it was easy to control but proved costly to lap time.
I would perhaps lower the spring rates and increase the ride height in order to make the car more compliant. Dropping the rear toe a little would help to free up some more rotation and lowering the amount of camber would help to increase mid/late corner grip and really increase the speed without ruining the balance.
Thanks for the consistent times and reviews, Sir. The detail of your reviews helped me understand what I didnt like about my car and the others. Once again, thanks a million.

FITT M Power Challenge

(Grip real, TCS 0, ABS 1, AT)

DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Decent rotation
  • Brakes feel weak
Final Impressions:

DC = 9

Initial Impressions:
  • Very precise and sharp
  • Good brakes
  • Plenty of grip
Final Impressions:

DC = 9.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Darty on entry
  • Doesn't like curbs
Final Impressions:

DC = 7.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Brakes work well
Final Impressions:

DC = 10

Initial Impressions:
  • Lively... Very lively!
Final Impressions:
Great fun, well done

DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Easy enough to drive
  • No major surprises
Final Impressions:

DC = 5

Initial Impressions:
Final Impressions:

DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Very positive turn in
  • Decent brakes
Final Impressions:

Tuner 9:

DC =

Initial Impressions:

Final Impressions:

DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Touch of understeer
  • Engine feels laboured
Final Impressions:

DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Excellent brakes
  • Feels light and sharp
Final Impressions:

DC = 5.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Feels heavy
  • Long gears
Final Impressions:

DC = 7

Initial Impressions:
  • Slight understeer
Final Impressions:

DC = 8

Initial Impressions:
  • Good rotation and grip
Final Impressions:

Tuner 15:

DC =

Initial Impressions:

Final Impressions:

DC = 8

Initial Impressions:

• Very Composed
  • Good Brakes
Final Impressions:

DC = 5.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Feels kind of heavy
  • 5 speed?
Final Impressions:

DC = 7.5

Initial Impressions:
  • Predictable but stiff
  • Doesn't like curbs
Final Impressions:
Fantastic review of my car and all the others. Glad to see you enjoyed it...or did you???

I'll load the times in a couple days after the holiday weekend

Back