FM4 leaked footage trailer!! (not april fools)

• Thread starter vkss
  • 397 comments
The difference between the Graphics in the Kinect Car display footage and the actual Racing is Huge.Still it looks Fantastic ,Bet the they have a Secret weapon in the Feature list .Can't wait for E3 👍

Only saw it from my droid x so I'll have to rewatch it but the visuals look a lil but improved. Didn't see any real game play vids. Not sure if the view from cockpit is game play or replay of gameplay which adds more polish.

16 cars on track? Nice! Hopefully AI keeps improving because it's much better AI than in GT5. I like how they kept the 'definitive' line in there. Surely they knew how much talk and debate happened with that line amongst the fans of the genre. Not a fan of Kinect's addition to it although headtracking would be welcome if done right

Can't wait.

I saw it now a couple of times! I think that it is a very good fake. There are parts from Forza 3 and GT5 mixed as far as I can tell. FM3 logos and graphics too.

But on the other hand there are many scenes of the photo mode. :/

There's no GT5 in this video and it's pretty easy to tell. The in-race graphics themself don't seem much improved over FM3, so far, but there are a lot neat details like the grass (and the video quality isn't too good, so this could change).

An Uploader of the Video says He recieved the video By E-mail From Microsoft ,Yes some footage may/is be from Forza 3 the fact is Graphics while Racing can't improve from Forza 3 as the 360 has not changed .

An Uploader of the Video says He recieved the video By E-mail From Microsoft ,Yes some footage may/is be from Forza 3 the fact is Graphics while Racing can't improve from Forza 3 as the 360 has not changed .

Nonesense, graphics from games can improve on the same console a lot. A valid argument would be "the game is far from being finished" for example.

It's hard to tell just how the in-game racing will look like as Turn10 tends to use lighting tricks in their trailers. Everything to have a couple filters over it, so we'll see. Probably be a shiny version of Forza 3.

They've also took a not from NFS and are recycling their car models. Looks like 90% of the cars are from Forza 3

And...they're gonna use laser scanned cars for photo mode. So...you'll have the super realistic photomode model and the crappy in comparison in-game model. Gotta be careful doing that or they could shoot themselves in the foot. Also, it didn't look like there were many options for moving the car around in the selected invironment. Seems like they're trying to do something similar to GT5's photomode, but I don't know. Almost seems like you get one pose for the car and then you move the camera around it.

Also, if that's how the on-track photomode is, I know all the Forza fanboys are gotta start taking pictures and saying "Look our cars look better than GT5!" which would be a lie, 'cause laser scanning cars is called cheating and those laser scanned cars are NOT the same models as the in-game cars. Not even the PS3 could pull that off.

2:10

Grindelwald

Grindelwald1.jpg

Also, they said that Forza 4's 80 manufacturers is the most in a racing title. Didn't one of the GT titles have more than that? Wait...wait...oh yes. GT4 had 80 and GT5 has 87 Car manufacturers. Nice lie, Turn 10, nice lie.

Also, they said that Forza 4's 80 manufacturers is the most in a racing title. Didn't one of the GT titles have more than that? Wait...wait...oh yes. GT4 had 80 and GT5 has 87 Car manufacturers. Nice lie, Turn 10, nice lie.

Actually, he said more than 80.

[Yoda] a little defensive, me thinks.. [/Yoda]

Sems4arsenal, Crysis 2 says hello. God of War 2 on PS2 says hello. Soon enough, RAGE will also say hello. This gen's visuals aren't capped yet in my book so yes a game can look better on a 360 or PS3 later on in life.

So is this video real or not?! I HATE APRIL FOOL'S JOKES!!!!!

The biggest hope for me would be if a bomb dropped from MS/T10 that they opened up 3rd party wheel support. It has to be the #1 most wanted feature from the core fans of Forza. I mean forget Kinect... we all want this, so make it happen MS!!
One can hope, right?!

Depending on how you look at it, perhaps the tuners (spoon, amuse, etc) aren't manufacturers. Every product "bends the truth" in their ads, GT5 does it too.

No need to turn the thread into a GT5 vs Forza mudslinging contest.

Hm, it's obvious that in-game the game will never look as good as the garage scenes, but still, if Turn10 can really deliver these garage-scenes I'm sold, looks so DAMNED good, almost next-gen.

SuperShouden,
Why are laser scanning cheats? It's the most accurate and quickest way to render/model/scan a vehicle?

Why are recycled models frowned upon?

Why is the combination of super realistic models with updated older models looked down?

A certain driving simulator did the same thing? If we the consumer can get more options how does that hurt us?

I'm honestly looking for another racing game.

MERCURY IS IN!!!! As is Tesla. Both can be seen briefly in the logo section of the video.

Here's hoping for more than just a single Cougar, like in GT.

SuperShouden,
Why are laser scanning cheats? It's the most accurate and quickest way to render/model/scan a vehicle?

Why are recycled models frowned upon?

Why is the combination of super realistic models with updated older models looked down?

A certain driving simulator did the same thing? If we the consumer can get more options how does that hurt us?

I'm honestly looking for another racing game.

1. laser scanned models take a lot less time to create 'cause you scan it and then paste photos of the real car on the scanned model. It's like creating a plastic molds. The only problem with that is...it's REALLY hard to change the pose of the laser scanned model.

2. Recycling models feels...I don't know. It kinda feels fake. Even when GT did it. GT did solely to have 1000 cars in a game. Forza and EA do it 'cause that way they can pump out a game every year or two. It just seems lazy. And it also means that the game probably doesn't use a different engine than Forza 3.

3. You have to be careful using two different models for the photo car and the play car. If the photo car is too realistic it's gonna make the cars you actually race with look like crap. I mean, imagine spending a good 10 minutes or so playing with the photo mode and then you go back to racing. There'd be a MASSIVE difference in the car models. Such a big difference that some players might bury all their time into the photo mode. I mean, why play with crappy car models when there's glorious laser scanned beauties to play with. And, a big difference might hurt their review scores.

GT4 didn't use two different car models. The photos were just MUCH higher resolution than the actual game. Same thing with GT5. There is a difference between higher resolution pictures and completely different car models. And the race models in Forza 4 couldn't any more different than the laser scanned photomode models unless they were the REAL car.

One thing that I didn't see is...............................well, you know. Night racing.

So, they've added:

GMC: At the very least, the Syclone
Mercury: I figure there will at least be a first generation Cougar
Suzuki: I'm not expecting more than a Swift Sport
Tesla

Shame about not having Daihatsu in that video . . . :sad:

GT4 didn't use two different car models. The photos were just MUCH higher resolution than the actual game. Same thing with GT5. There is a difference between higher resolution pictures and completely different car models. And the race models in Forza 4 couldn't any more different than the laser scanned photomode models unless they were the REAL car.

Cars in photo travel are different.

Photomode at the track is the same though. I actually would like them to swap the better model in like Forza does if you're going to take a picture. Also, the tyre models and side wall texture is very low quality in GT5 even on the best model and really lets the cars down. Forza photomode has decent looking tyres.

Latest Posts

Back