FM4 leaked footage trailer!! (not april fools)

• Thread starter vkss
  • 397 comments
SuperShouden,
Cookie cutter or not if you can get as accurate of a model as you can efficiently, realistically and accurate then I find it difficult for it to be a bad thing.

3D scans can still be mani

Oh yes! Oh yes O! I think I just, yes I did... :guilty:

Unbelivable. I..., well, there is nothing I can really say to be honest. Trailer says it all. This racing game is going to rock my world!

Xbox 360 for Christmas / Birthday then :D

Looks brilliant! Could be a brilliant game if they dont focus everything on "Trumping" PD. Play your own drum and see where the beat takes you!

Nonesense, graphics from games can improve on the same console a lot. A valid argument would be "the game is far from being finished" for example.

[Yoda] a little defensive, me thinks.. [/Yoda]

Sems4arsenal, Crysis 2 says hello. God of War 2 on PS2 says hello. Soon enough, RAGE will also say hello. This gen's visuals aren't capped yet in my book so yes a game can look better on a 360 or PS3 later on in life.

So is this video real or not?! I HATE APRIL FOOL'S JOKES!!!!!

The biggest hope for me would be if a bomb dropped from MS/T10 that they opened up 3rd party wheel support. It has to be the #1 most wanted feature from the core fans of Forza. I mean forget Kinect... we all want this, so make it happen MS!!
One can hope, right?!

Well Didn't they say Forza 3 is Using the best out of the 360.Still Hope you are right,Compettition for PD is highly encouraged .WIsh I had a 360

Now if i could only use my Driving Force GT Wheel for this game i would buy it on day one.

It's sad that we can only use, what 2 wheels for the 360?

So movable aero parts, 16 cars.

This looks like some concept video as the voice and cuts are bit off but still great and nice to see.

Is Grindelwald, the Eiger is visible also.

http://i.imgur.com/vg0H3.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

Don't want to sound like a troll, but regarding track sceneries, T10 is not really creative. *cough*

@Sems:
[QUOTE]Well Didn't they say Forza 3 is Using the best out of the 360[/QUOTE]
You don't really believe that?

Is Grindelwald, the Eiger is visible also.

vg0H3.jpg

Saying at 2:06 would have been better. :P

At 2:10 it jumps right to the TGTT.

Jut Wow! Look at the new lighting engine! 16 cars on track! Automatically adjustable aerodynamic parts! Fully working cockpit instrumentation and detailed interiors. Fully modelled engine and suspension components. Beautiful Kinect implementation. Amazing track scenery. Top Gear track! Just mesmerising.

Some questions still remain:

Custom Public Lobbies?!?!?!?!?!
Offline Local Leaderboards?!?!?!
Visually Represented Mechanical Upgrades?! (How far this will go it depends but I would be very happy with something like SHIFT2)
30FPS or 60FPS? (I'll be happy either way, 30FPS feels fine in SHIFT2)
Improved Damage? (I would like GRID damage model but at the very least it needs to match or be better than SHIFT2)
More Tyre Smoke? (I would want NFS Prostreet tyre smoke but I would settle for GT5 or SHIFT2)
Motion Captured Pit Crew? (With race start entourage, flag marshals, pit crew, upgrade and tuning mechanics, there is a plethora of other racing games that incorporate these features beautifully)
Weather?
Night Racing?

And please, less FPS stuttering, 3D model glitches and errors, lock-ups...

Well Didn't they say Forza 3 is Using the best out of the 360.Still Hope you are right,Compettition for PD is highly encouraged .WIsh I had a 360

Yes T10 said themselves on several occasions that particle effects had to be reduced in fm3 because otherwise they couldnt maintain the frame rate on the xbox 360. But who knows, They could be running on a completely new and much more efficient graphics and lighting engine, allowing them more room for other effects and what not.

I could care less about improved graphics, it already looks good enough to me. I'll take the laser scanned tracks, 16 players, and head tracking. Improved physics and AI, night racing, and weather would put it over the top. It's going to be bad@ss, day 1 purchase for me!

I would have loved to be able to have a mode where you can open the doors and engine bays of the cars in GT5 and by the looks of the trailer they actually have a Ferrari F50 and Porsche's.

Yeah i'm jealous....

So, if this trailer is a sign of things to come in FM4, is there really any point in playing GT5 after it comes out? Sure, it'll have a near perfect version of the Nurburgring, but what else? Almost nothing.

The photomode looks absolutely amazing. If those are the same graphics they're going to use in the vitural showroom....:drool:

Forza 3 was really fun and I expect no less from Forza 4. I hope they continue to expand the tuning options on the cars and I really hope I get the Syclone and Typhoon to play around with, that alone would make it the best game ever created :lol:.

But ya, I don't care about physics or graphics as long as they are close enough I'll be happy. Fun is where it's at when it comes to video games.

Australian content- essential. There are enough brilliant (and I mean brilliant) racing games around already, so the only thing that would draw me to a new game is Australian cars and tracks. Not important to anyone else from other countries maybe, but to me that's what will make the game. Forza 3 was on the right track with the Joss and W427, GT5 went backwards by excluding FPV and having nothing from this decade- Shift 2 has Bathurst but the game itself isn't good enough, and there are no Aussie cars to race it on. One day, one of these games will put it all together, it will have Bathurst, classic Australians like the Phase III, XU-1, A9X, E49 R/T, and new Australians, and it will blow my mind.

FM4 looks really,really amazing,however:

-Notice that most of the photomode is pre-render CGI,so I'm not sure about that.
-No much graphical improvements, although that Alps racetrack looks quite awesome.
-5 new venues,so TG test track,new city track,the Alps track and makes for 3 out of 5,two new venues to be de veiled, although I expected more.
-16 cars on track,awesome.
-World travel career mode,lets hope so.

If this game takes a similar route that GT4 left behind 5 years ago,it seriously might become the racing game,but if it doesn't,I still keep GT5, graphics looks better,this is specially noticeable in the "head tracking corner thing" where the Aston resolution looks kind of bad,and the whole "Hollywood style camera",which personally I believe will spoil a bit the experience.

I do care about game structure,career,and gameplay,FM series is inferior to GT5 in the career mode and the gameplay,but if the manage to fix that,consider me sold.

I do care about game structure,career,and gameplay,FM series is inferior to GT5 in the career mode and the gameplay,but if the manage to fix that,consider me sold.

Wait, wait, wait....did you just say the FM series' career mode is inferior to GT5's? How can that be?

It's only me thinking that the graphics are not so good as they mentioned? I mean steel cars look again as plastic and not reflect much lighting. (look at this Enzo - it's color is WRONG) And cockpit view is dead again. (worse than Shift 2 and GT5).
Sorry - not impressed at all. Remembering all that hype before FM3 I don't believe them at all.

P.S: I've noticed that there is almost no bumps on the road surface. Again. :(
P.S2: It's just slightly upgraded FM3 graphics really.

Last edited:
1. laser scanned models take a lot less time to create 'cause you scan it and then paste photos of the real car on the scanned model. It's like creating a plastic molds. The only problem with that is...it's REALLY hard to change the pose of the laser scanned model.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The engineering tool used for this is called a Faro arm. It's a very-very-very precise tool and is ridiculously expensive. Hell, they have a couple dozen temp sensors inside the arm to account for the thermal expansion of the metal construction. We're talking 'scans' down to the micron. It's a very cool piece of equipment.

There is a laser scanner attachment for it for those tricky areas. If my memory serves me correct, it's accurate up to 10 microns.

Now, all this info is basically put into a CAD program that can be exported to various other engineering software and stored. There's your 'copy' from one Forza to another.

Is this process quick? Define quick... Faster than taking a bunch of pictures and kinda-sorta getting things perfect? Yes. But this is not a process where you can scan a whole vehicle, inside and out, during a commercial break. I'd probably say 1 car can probably be reverse engineered into CAD in a day. That'll probably take at least 3 arms, 8 people, and quite a few cups of coffee.

Regardless, there is no better way to reverse engineer the design of a car for a video game than to use a Faro arm. It's pricey but it is truly remarkable how accurate it is. If T10 has these 'scans' in a database to pull out later when they develop new ways of lighting or making in-game cars; that's not 'cheating', that's smart planning. Why measure something over and over again when you can do it right the 1st time?

Is that a bad thing? That probably means they've left an already good part of the game basically untouched and focused on improving the parts that could use improving.

It's only me thinking that the graphics are not so good as they mentioned? I mean steel cars look again as plastic and not reflect much lighting. (look at this Enzo - it's color is WRONG) And cockpit view is dead again. (worse than Shift 2 and GT5).
Sorry - not impressed at all. Remembering all that hype before FM3 I don't believe them at all.

Are you being serious? I mean really?

Unbeleivable, one, very early trailer, and thats your conclusion? :dunce:

Another one complaining about graphics. :rolleyes:

This coming from a person who claims the 360 doesn't support native 1080p...

Latest Posts

Back