The sounds of Forza Motorsport 5

The reverb off the cliff faces was simply magical. :drool:
Yes, I'm glad they implemented spatial effects like GT's and PGR's since they were missing from the last game. Now far away cars sound far away and tunnels and cliffs sound great. Also great is the rush of air in your ears from the statues whipping past your car on the Charles Bridge in Prague.

BoneSaw I suspect you're not talking about his car dealer.

Yes, I'm glad they implemented spatial effects like GT's and PGR's since they were missing from the last game. Now far away cars sound far away and tunnels and cliffs sound great. Also great is the rush of air in your ears from the statues whipping past your car on the Charles Bridge in Prague.

BoneSaw I suspect you're not talking about his car dealer.

The spatial/Doppler effects were very much present in FM4. Cars sounding close and far away, including tunnel sounds were done well too.

I suppose they've really given those a facelift in part 5.

OK, I just checked out the engine audio clip posted by Motarded as well as the Ferrari Enzo clip.

On one hand, the engine sounds do seem more crisp, detailed and generally higher quality. However, from what I could tell, they still sound like a bunch of 1s and 0s. As in, synthesized.

Why can't they record audio off the real thing on a track and introduce that in the game as is? Is it really that impossible with this new hardware?

As for the Enzo clip, the paddle shift animation looks even more retarded. As if he's trying to flick off a bug on the steering wheel.

OK, I just checked out the engine audio clip posted by Motarded as well as the Ferrari Enzo clip.

On one hand, the engine sounds do seem more crisp, detailed and generally higher quality. However, from what I could tell, they still sound like a bunch of 1s and 0s. As in, synthesized.

Why can't they record audio off the real thing on a track and introduce that in the game as is? Is it really that impossible with this new hardware?

As for the Enzo clip, the paddle shift animation looks even more retarded. As if he's trying to flick off a bug on the steering wheel.

All the sound were recorded on a dyno. I think you are getting fool by YT terrible audio compression.

Back