Formula 1 2013 Santander British Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 714 comments
Wow, never heard of Beaulieu, just looked it up, definitely want to check it out!

Goodwood would be cool to just hear those old engines roar.

My 2nd year uni house is within sight of Goodwood. I went there two years ago.

I would've given either him or Alonso the title in 2010.

Yeah but F1 doesn't work like that, you don't just give titles to drivers, they earn them, and Webber didn't. But yes, this is off topic.

I still maintain that tyre wear will be the be key point again even if they are using the two hardest compounds. I don't see an easy RB win at all.

Lotus finally busting out that DRD! Easy to tell since the inlets on either side of the airbox intake are now open, and you'll notice part of the body (periscope) leading up from the airbox outlet splitting into two routes, one going out the monkeyseat/ mini-diffuser and another leading straight up to the rear wing for stalling.

L2DJoh0.jpg

Lotus finally busting out that DRD! Easy to tell since the inlets on either side of the airbox intake are now open, and you'll notice part of the body (periscope) leading up from the airbox outlet splitting into two routes, one going out the monkeyseat/ mini-diffuser and another leading straight up to the rear wing for stalling.

L2DJoh0.jpg

Finally open for business, that is sexy.

Indeed. Can't blame them though, nothing to learn and everything to smash to pieces.

Exactly...I still say Webber and even more so now if the track goes wet, though the weather claims this will clear up after Friday.

Edit:

And just like we said they should be careful Pic's Caterham ends up in the wall during the rain. Too bad. Bottas almost took out the marker board, he must have been scared for a bit.

Last edited:
It was interesting half the field decided to come out once Ricciardo started lapping though, there was a line appearing even in that short time so the fans would probably be fair to wonder why they couldn't have done that earlier. Lots of hairy moments though, as you say.

Lotus race pace is looking goooood. If Raikkonen can qualify top 5 I still think he'll be in with a great shout.

After seeing Paul di Resta in practice he looks like he is in for another strong points finish.

And when is Massa going to learn that bouncing off the walls isn't the fast way around the circuit? :lol:

Lotus race pace is looking goooood. If Raikkonen can qualify top 5 I still think he'll be in with a great shout.
If he manages to qualify ahead of the RBs, Ferraris, Mercs or even Grosjean I'd be surprised. Assuming Grosjean doesn't **** up his chance of getting into Q3.

Williams celebrate 600 Grand Prix at Silverstone, but there actual 600th is Nurburgring, special livery there apparently.

Just watch Frank Williams story on Youtube very entertaining in deed. They explained his car crash with Peter Winsor that paralyzed him. What ever happen to good old Peter Winsor? It was USF1 then Will Buxton reporting. Wonder what happen there. I like Will but I really like Peter Winsor! ! Anyways the car I wouldn't mind driving is the FW15 chassis with the active suspension!

Shocker! Silverstone looking sunny and warm this morning! Still only fours before qualifying...

edit:
Perez collects a Puncture & a Red Flag this morning...

Last edited:
Looks like another tyre failure, Caterham and Mercedes in Bahrain, Toro Rosso and Force India in Catalunya and Mclaren in Silverstone. I think they all happened in fast corners or at least medium speed corners in hot conditions, all of them in practice sessions I think.

Kimi Raikkonen being asked about a Red Bull drive:

"If I knew I would tell because then I would not be bothered so much."

Brilliant.

Strange to See Laurence Fox, sorry, DS Hathaway, on SkySports! :lol:

edit:
WAIT, he's married to BILLIE PIPER?! :drool:

Bit close for Alonso there.

Anyone know why Bottas has the helmet cam every weekend?

Jalopnik ran a story they didn't say why but like me welcome the idea for all drivers to follow suit.

Down side is they have to use low quality cameras which I'm assuming is to save weight .

Down side is they have to use low quality cameras which I'm assuming is to save weight .

Indeed, it's also a very minor aero loss which is why I'm surprised the same driver is running it each weekend.

The other problem with it is that it's basically on top of his scalp so not really a drivers eye view.

Indeed, it's also a very minor aero loss which is why I'm surprised the same driver is running it each weekend.

The other problem with it is that it's basically on top of his scalp so not really a drivers eye view.

Yeah it's more like a Helmet cam,from what I know to really get a driver's eye view you will have to close one eye during the whole shoot (I think it was Di Grassi or someone else who posts such videos on Youtube).Maybe they should try that as a Handicap with Vettel.

Massa needs to regain some form off late :indiff:

The Ferrari looks like such a handful this weekend. Surprised Alonso got through to Q3.

Back