Formula 1 2013 Santander British Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 714 comments
Alonso's strategy might be to leapfrog them during the pits and perhaps do one less stop than everyone else.

prisonermonkeys
That's doubly relevant, since I saw Pirates of the Carribbean (the first - and only good - one) just before qualifying.

Haha we watched it too.

I said Zo looked like Zorro. Then, shortly after, Greg Rust says Fernando looks like Zorro. Funny stuff.

Poor Paul. F1's very own Bad Luck Brian. Not too long to go now. Will be enjoying the GP2 and GP3 races while waiting for the main event 👍

Poor Paul's having it bad at the moment.

Hoping its a good race. Hams first merc win would be nice but as others have mentioned, less than par race pace and questionable strategies. Not such an easy track to hold someone behind like Monaco.

I think Fernando will struggle to get past the FI's.
Ricciardo might have the outright pace, but it's usually at the cost of rears.
Can't see Mercedes holding out the RB's.
Can't see Mark letting Seb have an easy win. Turning of the tables?

Definitely not the way Ross Brawn is pitting them. I think he more than any other team is playing with fuel maps through out the whole race.

He will start last because his car was underweight. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108424

Lotus have illegal cars too but for reasons I don't understand they're allowed to race and haven't been disqualified from past races they probably used the same parts on http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-tells-lotus-front-suspension-layout-illegal/

First Mercedes get away with cheating now Lotus do too, what the hell is going on with the FIA this year? 👎

I don't think any of us should be surprised, maybe that is why Lotus didn't make that much of a fuss over the FIA/MercGP/Pirelli thing...:sly:

Also no surprise McLaren were the ones to "get" the picture.
Let's not forget the Lotus system has been used for a while this year so...really if the FIA had discovered it like they should have, we'd be saying first lotus then MGP
Alonso's strategy might be to leapfrog them during the pits and perhaps do one less stop than everyone else.

Which is basically what I figured and said yesterday. They know the car isn't their and thus hope that they can find the pace somewhere all while leap frogging based on strategy of not having to pit as often (also like you said). We will see how well it works though...

Last edited:
Wow, such a shame on Paul di Resta. I was hoping he'd have a fantastic race, especially since he qualified so high up on the grid. Lewis on pole though, way to go man.

This is how far away from Silverstone I am. I should probably make an effort to go more often :lol:
BOATb7GCAAEyHpz.jpg

Once again, BBC have a great piece, but then they ruin it immediately by saying how good Silverstone is fifty times and Eddie Jordan talking to people that are completely irrelevant to Formula One.

Once again, BBC have a great piece, but then they ruin it immediately by saying how good Silverstone is fifty times and Eddie Jordan talking to people that are completely irrelevant to Formula One.

That was pretty pathetic, Coulthard was doing a brilliant job speaking to F1 related people and then they just run into Eddie who steals the camera to speak to some celebrities and then they miss Coulthard who managed to find Rosberg.

Suzy seems to be doing a really weird thing when she interviews someone where she leans right into the person she is talking to.

Apart from that they though the coverage is good (Currently have Jenson doing a track walk explaining the circuit). Looking forward to the race, Come on you brits.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how long the Mercs can hold on. It would be nice to see a win for Lewis, but I think it's unlikely.

Suzy seems to be doing a really weird time when she interviews someone where she leans right into the person she is talking to.

Yeah, you're right. Her overall body movement is weird. It almost looks like she's nervous or something. Overall, I still don't like her.

I know some don't like DC, but imagine if BBC didn't have him.

Clearly, helmet cam's should be mandatory.

edit:
That pit straight is so bumpy it's like a trampoline...

Back