Formula 1 Großer Preis Santander Von Deutschland 2012

• Thread starter ghskilla
  • 620 comments
Screen%20Shot%202012-07-22%20at%2017.00.44.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-22%20at%2017.03.06.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-22%20at%2017.03.15.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-22%20at%2017.03.41.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-22%20at%2017.03.49.png

Last photo, Button was no longer allowing room cause Vettel was going through the outside. As soon as he does that move, you see the tyre marks from Button way behind, he stops leaving room and tries to respond, flooring it.

Fantastic race! really enjoyed it, great to see jenson back on the podium..WELCOME BACK JENSON!!!!

Unlucky for hamilton though..cant see him winning the title now as he is to far back, i think its alonso's title to lose now, he is in such good form!

Looks like Vettel has got a 20 second penalty, stay tuned.

EDIT; Offical now https://twitter.com/5LiveF1/status/227063278025728000
Vettel demoted from 2nd to 5th, and a perfect (interview-free!) podium for Kimi...

I think justice has prevailed - Vettel's comments after the race smacked of an obviously guilty conscience and made no sense whatsoever. He had a great race, but was impatient and ultimately resorted to cheating in order to pass Button. A well deserved +20s IMO.

About Hamilton's overtake of Vettel, Vettel and Horner do talk utter rubbish sometimes and certaintly don't come across as they know too much. What an idiotic statement: "Hamilton should slow down and then go fast" Kindergarten talk from a child. Hamilton was faster at the time and trying to help his team mate. "Team" not something that Vettel understands or knows about. Vettel looses much credebility with these words.

Btw, well deserved penalty for Vettel. Rules are clear!

Last photo, Button was no longer allowing room cause Vettel was going through the outside. As soon as he does that move, you see the tyre marks from Button way behind, he stops leaving room and tries to respond, flooring it.

Problem is, Vettel was off the track in the previous photo. Penalty given.

If Lotus keep up the development and improve their qualifying, Kimi can be a serious title contender. Awesome!

I think 20 seconds is harsh because I think if it happened earlier in the race, FIA would've told Red Bull to tell Vettel to give Button the position back, but because it was only one and a half lap left, it was too late for something like that.

But, 20 seconds is the standard post-race penalty, so it's how it's.

Centura
If Lotus keep up the development and improve their qualifying, Kimi can be a serious title contender. Awesome!

Yeah hopefully their new super DRS they're developing would give them the extra pace they need in qualifying, to complement their already solid race pace. :D

P.S Good to see Button finally back on form too :) Mclaren has certainly took a big step forward with those updates, and finally got the pitstops right (and bagging a world record while at it). Awesome stuff :sly:

The man is luck personified. If you look up luck in an encyklopedia it will be illustrated by a picture of Alonso.

Not sure if serious, or trolling...

The man leads the championship with 154 points, in a dog of a car, with his teammate at 23 points...

Alonso is just in a different league right now. I don't care how much talent Hamilton and Vettel have, none come even close to the superior driving of Alonso right now in my opinion.

Bram Turismo
Not sure if serious, or trolling...

The man leads the championship with 154 points, in a dog of a car, with his teammate at 23 points...

I think it's fairly safe to say that the car is no dog.

You know what's even more impressive with Button's stop? He actually over shot the pit box...

I noticed that too. Shocked me all the more when he was away in such a brief time.

While I absolutely agree that Alonso is the most talented driver out there right now, I don't think we can claim that the Ferrari is "a dog" any more. On outright pace it might be just shy of the McLaren/Red Bull/Lotus, but it's certainly not the car Alonso was wrestling about in the first few races.

Of course, it's fair then to say that it wouldn't be the race-winner it is now had Alonso not been there to develop it...

Edit: Tree'd by F1 fan

Probably nothing, but:

From Kate Walker ‏@F1Kate
"Been told that post-race scrutineering could be a bit more interesting than usual this afternoon/evening. RBR throttle drama not done yet"

Vettel called Hamilton stupid for getting involved and costing him time, IIRC Hamilton had just set the fastest lap of the race and immediately gapped Vettel.

Peasantslayer
Vettel called Hamilton stupid for getting involved and costing him time, IIRC Hamilton had just set the fastest lap of the race and immediately gapped Vettel.

Vettel says he should have dropped back and then gone quick. That's stupid. Picture this. He unlaps Vettel, then Alonso and then after making a little gap disaster!! Safety car is out. The car catches Alonso as it should. Hamilton just sneaks through and is able to go round the whole track and when the safety car let's through all the lapped cars Hamilton slots into around 14th or wherever he would come out. Suddenly Hamilton has a chance at points because everyone is bunched up.

As a Button fan*, the Vettel penalty is a little harsh. Probably correct according to the letter of the law - though I imagine the stewards are currently giving Red Bull no quarter...

We like close racing. Button and Vettel gave us close racing. To be honest, much of the field gave us close racing today - and we got 24 classified finishers and no penalties during the race...

*I'm not really an anyone fan, but Button is the driver I most like to see doing well

Back