Formula 1 Großer Preis Santander Von Deutschland 2012

• Thread starter ghskilla
  • 620 comments
Why does Mclaren keep doing this to me. Top in P 1-2-3 top in Q 1-2 and then flop in Q 3 when it matters :sad:

Once again Alonso gets lucky, the weather was perfect for his car in Q3 this time and it was the same at Silverstone. If qualifying had of taken place 30 minutes earlier on both weekends I bet he wouldn't have came close. :grumpy: I wouldn't be surprised if all of his title rivals break down tomorrow.

Once again Alonso gets lucky, the weather was perfect for his car in Q3 this time and it was the same at Silverstone. If qualifying had of taken place 30 minutes earlier on both weekends I bet he wouldn't have came close. :grumpy: I wouldn't be surprised if all of his title rivals break down tomorrow.

Well he did make the smart desicion to switch over to fresh wets, while everybody else stayed on their first set.

Well he did make the smart desicion to switch over to fresh wets, while everybody else stayed on their first set.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make him 2-3 seconds faster than both Mclarens. Then again Mclaren may have went for a good dry setup for tomorrow, I hope so.

Q3 results; Alonso on pole and Mclaren 7th and 8th...

3polq9.jpg

So lucky, ok. :lol:

Wonder if Vettel and Webber had a few words about Mark being blocked in the session. They didn't seem all too happy in the interview.

Not a big Ferrari fan but Alonso's form this year is scary. Fast in dry, fast in wet doesn't really matter to him.

Yep, all luck. He would have been lucky to qualify in the top-5 had it been dry... :rolleyes:

Just watched the little feature on the clarification to the blocking rule.

I thought it was extremely funny to hear the drivers talking about being fair and leaving racing room while SPEED simultaneuosly showed clips of that same driver who was talking blocking and leaving no room.

Vettel talks about racing how you want to be raced. Speed shows clips of the wild blocking manouvres on his starts
Lets not get started on Schumacher.
Alonso vs Vettel at Monza
Rosberg vs Alonso at Bahrain?(Malaysia?)

Hypocrisy..

Just watched the little feature on the clarification to the blocking rule.

I thought it was extremely funny to hear the drivers talking about being fair and leaving racing room while SPEED simultaneuosly showed clips of that same driver who was talking blocking and leaving no room.

Vettel talks about racing how you want to be raced. Speed shows clips of the wild blocking manouvres on his starts
Lets not get started on Schumacher.
Alonso vs Vettel at Monza
Rosberg vs Alonso at Bahrain?(Malaysia?)

Hypocrisy..

Blocking rules don't apply to race starts.

Having the presence of mind to make a very late stop to get fresh wets while every one else was shredding their current set isn't "luck". That's race craft. Something a lot of drivers or aspiring drivers could learn from Alonso.

I predicted Alonso would get pole as soon as I saw him go round the first corner in the wet. He took a completely different line to everyone else, which was very wide, and he could go into the corner faster and get more traction on the way out. As much as I dislike him, that shows his class.

Bit disappointed about the McLaren result, but they have seemed quick all weekend so hopefully they'll come through in the race.

Lotus looked very strong in the dry, especially with Raikkonen's blisteringly fast time on hards.

A pity that the Lotus seems nowhere as fast in the wet... Darned rain :(, was hoping for Lotus to finally get good place in qualifying, to match its strong race pace for that ever elusive victory.

The podium for the GP2 race was exactly the same as the Silverstone layout with the interview on the podium. I guess it'll be like that from now on.

SilverArrow
The podium for the GP2 race was exactly the same as the Silverstone layout with the interview on the podium. I guess it'll be like that from now on.

That idea sucks. You need to have the interviews after.

Damn, another pole from Alonso. I think it's about time Vettel got a home victory.

Back