Forza 3 nurburgring reality check

• Thread starter James1436
  • 70 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not being sarcastic, and that post wasn't directed at you. The post was a response to Bogie 19th, who did say that he did not own FM3, or any of the earlier entries in the franchise.

I was suggesting that Bogie 19th was being sarcastic when he said that.

That's the single most ironic statement I've come across on the internet. :lol:

It's clear that if you won't listen to staff when they tell you to stop this ridiculous insistence that your "opinions" on FM3's physics are reasonable without anything in the way of proof to back it up, then you sure as hell won't pay any attention to me. Consider this the last time I reply to one of your posts, for the good of everyone that uses this forum.

I'm not entirely sure who this post is directed at, but I never said anything of the sort.

Just not really worth it. Truce?

I'm fairly certain that he was being sarcastic.

No, I'm not being sarcastic, and that post wasn't directed at you. The post was a response to Bogie 19th, who did say that he did not own FM3, or any of the earlier entries in the franchise.

Infamous Dee is correct. I was being sarcastic when I said I don't own/play Forza 3.

Ohhhhhh man this thread has turned into a trainwreck.

Agreed the fm3 ring is out of scale.
Agreed the gt5 ring is more accurate.

I beleive fm3 has captures the "look" and ambient "feel" of the ring slightly better, it seems more gritty and less pure and perfect. GT5's rendition is too graphically polished and just, atleast for me doesnt provide that atmosphere that you expect from the ring.

While I dont think that changing the scale is the right or wrong thing to do, I wont disagree that the larger scale has made RACING on fm3s ring a little more fun than GT5's ring...more room for error and more places to pass safely.

In that context and perspective,considering they are racing games and games are for entertainment, I dont believe either has done it "right" or "wrong", they have just aimed for different things. And achieved their respective goals well.

Ohhhhhh man this thread has turned into a trainwreck.

Agreed the fm3 ring is out of scale.
Agreed the gt5 ring is more accurate.

I beleive fm3 has captures the "look" and ambient "feel" of the ring slightly better, it seems more gritty and less pure and perfect. GT5's rendition is too graphically polished and just, atleast for me doesnt provide that atmosphere that you expect from the ring.

While I dont think that changing the scale is the right or wrong thing to do, I wont disagree that the larger scale has made RACING on fm3s ring a little more fun than GT5's ring...more room for error and more places to pass safely.

In that context and perspective,considering they are racing games and games are for entertainment, I dont believe either has done it "right" or "wrong", they have just aimed for different things. And achieved their respective goals well.
Very intelligent and insightful post. Pretty much nails it. To be honest it really doesn't matter to me much if developers take liberties with tracks if they feel it furthers the vision of their game. As long as:
A) It actually does work
B) They don't get crazy with it. I dont want to jump over ramps crossing pits of alligators at Sebring.

I dont want to jump over ramps crossing pits of alligators at Sebring.

An entire marketing team at redbull whose sole job is to make new and interesting sports just shot themselves.

On that note, If I could be bothered, Id have a new sig...that quote is sigworthy! 👍

That does not make sense, how a track that looks less than the real thing can capture the look and feel better than a closer one?.. also Forza only does "one" look of Nurburgring instead GT5 does all looks possible except snow. There's no comparison except if you like more one game than another and prefer the gaming look of the track than the real look/s.

This is not a contest for a fantasy track, is a real life recreation in a simulator, the more close that you get to the real look the closest that you are to match the real thing. It's easy to tell when you are doing right and wrong because we are talking about simulators that try to simulate real things, otherwise FM goal would be far from what they are selling.

[youtubehd]nIAnRLEQm-8&hd=1[/youtubehd]

[YOUTUBEhd]S9s_G1ph_vA&hd=1[/YOUTUBEhd]
[YOUTUBEhd]JsEzOvrGtgs&hd=1[/YOUTUBEhd]

Last edited:
And where is Scaff when we need him... that could be called ''off topic'' no?

Zer0, you are GT5 biased. You will always be. We know you think GT is OH! so superior to Forza. We got your point. We don't know if you ever drove a real car on a real track for any extended time though... But I would assume you did since you seem to know so well how a real car drives!

And I doubt Scaff will do anything about you. He's a bit biased too.

This thread is in grave danger of going off-topic.

Either get it back on topic or risk it being locked and those ignoring the staff end up taking a holiday from GT Planet.

Scaff

And it gets a lock.

We do not need every thread in here to turn into a FM vs GT flame war.

And I doubt Scaff will do anything about you. He's a bit biased too.
Everyone is biased, your own focus on only one of the parties involved in keeping this flame-fest alive is a clear enough indicator of that.

Your observation is also inaccurate given that I gave the two involved a five day holiday from GT Planet for the flame-war they seem determined to continue, and did so quite a while before your accusation of bias and inaction.

Scaff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back