Forza 4 Demo Thread

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 1,080 comments
Regarding the demo:

I'm pretty upset that you can't look left/right with the steering wheel. (turbo s)
In Forza 3 you had "presets" with no option for button mapping. Hopefully the final version will give us that option (fingers crossed)

Set it to Professional AI and its a real challenge to finish 1st

Everything in my video was set to max, simulation expert, professional etc. Settings are shown in the beginning.

I'm currently using a controller as I'm waiting for my new CSR wheel to ship.

I recorded the video in SD with my HD PVR. HD videos to come tomorrow.

This is hard to read while stuck in work :(

Sounds like a great demo ! I had no idea about the challenges or 'highway' type mode that McLaren mentioned earlier !

FM4 doesn't have HDR, so only solution is dynamic exposure adjustment (like in GT5). They just don't have all that dynamic range as in real analogue photos.

However I have to admit - contrast is way to exaggerated.

I am glad others also see it 👍

The handling is ridiculus.
On the Pagani, if she starts to drift and you correct the same way as you would have in FM3, she snaps.
I love it.

Why turn 10 do I have to use a clutch to be competitive in a flappy paddle gear box?

Assuming clutch does give a boost, is that confirmed yet?

Damage has improved a lot too. Spring damage now requires counter steer if damaged badly enough.

Force feedback is great too. Cars feel noticeably different with a FF wheel.

First time Fanatec users are in for a treat.

Damn steering assist is in my head now though lol. Need a lot of testing to check that out properly.

Must say I'm enjoying the demo. It's nearly as big as prologue lol.

Everything in my video was set to max, simulation expert, professional etc. Settings are shown in the beginning.

I'm currently using a controller as I'm waiting for my new CSR wheel to ship.

I recorded the video in SD with my HD PVR. HD videos to come tomorrow.

Please turn off BG Music if you upload more!!!

Well, looks like I can't go to school today. My mom won't pick up to arrange a ride, and my bike tire's been vandalized, so, looks like I'm screwed! 🤬 Can't say I'm a little happy.

Demo is freakin' awesome. Improvements all across the board.

Edit : Permanent steering assists suck, but the driving is still awesome.

Had to initiate the download by queueing it from the Xbox.com website, but the FM4 demo is downnloading now 👍

Set mine in the queue while I am in work, now having to wait until I get home (and drive the kids around, cook food, eat, etc, etc) before I can actually down,load it and give it a go is killing me.

Scaff

Ripping one song from the first CD you snatch from the shelf isn't a big deal ;)

No, it isnt. I never put music on my PS3 or Xbox. But willing to do it just to turn off the music in this demo 👍

Set mine in the queue while I am in work, now having to wait until I get home (and drive the kids around, cook food, eat, etc, etc) before I can actually down,load it and give it a go is killing me.

Scaff
Luckily, today's a holiday in Germany, so I'm good :D

Yeah, I know I'm rubbing it in, my bad...

Sweet! Do you know how much it's downloaded yet? Mine's at 54%!
41% ;)

I'm using the time to get some more $$$ in Scott Pilgrim vss. the World, anyways :D

The in game visual really does stood up to the pre release shots, a big more jaggy of course but tuning my TV to a softer setting pretty much cures it. Didn't really have time to pay attention to the cockpits so far, but except the Mercury which would fit in with FM3's standard, the rest are a notch above. AI cars around looks better (haven't spot any noticable normal errors which is very frequent on low LOD FM3 cars yet), and it seems able to handle a full grid seamlessly.....makes you wonder why FM3 can only handle 8 cars!

And I like the new music choice......some groove and lounge and some sections reminds me of Mass Effect's sound track, Just leaving the game at homespace, the music playing and a sexy ferrari on the screen.....I just had dinner in front of that haha.

You can't. Bummer as i would like to turn up the brightness a bit, i am playing on a really crap TV.

Dang!! Ok thanks!

Edit: Ok just saw amar's suggestion, good stuff!

How do you guys like the new track, other than how amazing I'm sure it looks, is it interesting to drive? Boring? Challenging?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys like the new track, other than how amazing I'm sure it looks, is it interesting to drive? Boring? Challenging?

It's challenging. A lot of high speed corners so you have to be very precise whilst carrying as much speed as possible through the corners.

Force feedback is great too. Cars feel noticeably different with a FF wheel.

First time Fanatec users are in for a treat.

Yeah noticed that too 👍

FFB feels good. I wish it were stronger, like in Supercar Challenge where you arms hurt after playing an hour :sly: I like very strong FFB, others not, only my opinion...

Yeah, I didn't think it would be at first glance, but the Alps track is great. It's fast and very challenging with many tricky corners.

Back