Forza 4 Demo Thread

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 1,080 comments
Since it's technically Monday in the U.S now, is it out yet? (too lazy to take the 360 out to check)

It's not out yet on the marketplace, to my knowledge. Some are saying it may another 30 minutes at the least.

Video demonstrating it very clearly. The assist is actually quite invasive, almost every time you go through a transition it affects your steering angle. Sometimes it even overcorrects and makes you lose control.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCbbkHUGOTo

I can't see the vid at work, but I spent quite some time last night driving the M5 and Eliminator in 900 degrees, drifting it around the track, with telemetry switched off, I don't find it that invasive, I had a right laugh drifting the cars..

However, if it's invasive for you, and makes you occasionally lose control, I believe you, it isn't ideal and I totally agree I thought this would have been off in Simulation mode.

I tried all 3 modes with the wheel, and find bugger all difference when sliding the cars around deliberately, all appear to behave the same way.. lets hope it's a bug..

It's not up yet. I presume it'll be up around 6am CST (12pm GMT). I'm at work right now with my 360, and if that time is the case, I'll wait until I get home at 8am to download it. It'll take too long here. My client's Internet sucks. :crazy:

Edit- tree'd. Really, 30 minutes?

It's not up yet. I presume it'll be up around 6am CST (12pm GMT). I'm at work right now with my 360, and if that time is the case, I'll wait until I get home at 8am to download it. It'll take too long here. My client's Internet sucks. :crazy:

I won't swear by it just from a google search (when does xbox marketplace update?), but said search pretty much gave me a bunch of awnsers that said 4 am CST, so about 20 minutes now. ;)

It's only what some are guessing as. Others are saying it probably won't be updated til' 3AM Pacific time as that's when MS normally updates the dashboard. If they're right, then it could also be another hour & 20 minutes.

Either way, I'm probably going to sleep & wake up to the demo then wait around for it.

NA
I won't swear by it just from a google search (when does xbox marketplace update?), but said search pretty much gave me a bunch of awnsers that said 4 am CST, so about 20 minutes now. ;)

Sweet. :)

If that's the case, I'll be able to download it while I do all my paperwork for the night. Then it'll be all downloaded, and I can blare it from my 7.1 when I get home (sorry roommates). :D

Edit - Cool, McLaren. Either way is fine by me. I'm not going to play it here.

6200724721_6795f34e17_o.png
[/IMG]

It's there it is hidden though, not listed under demos or on the splash screen. You have to go to games, then titles A-Z, then forza 4 and you will see trial when you load the Forza 4 page. This is pretty common for demos I've seen the same thing happen before.

Downloading now...

Last edited:
I still don't see it, BF3's the newest demo. Can I do anything special?

All games A-Z > F > Forza Motorsport 4 > Get Trial

Took me a few minutes to figure it out, too. :)

Edit - oh, you got it. Nice! 👍

Its there:

On your console
- go to game marketplace
- go to A - Z
- go to F for Forza Motorsport 4
- Press Get Trial

Wooo hoooooo!!!!!

53%....... come on!

If you stick your head out the window, a simular phrase is being uttered all over the world this very minute. You'll hear it carried on the winds....:lol: (oh, and that one guy in Utah screaming that his wireless just dropped. I feel bad for him.)

Yes i know this but with Forza games the dark side is extremly dark almost black which is exaggerated most of the time.

FM4 doesn't have HDR, so only solution is dynamic exposure adjustment (like in GT5). They just don't have all that dynamic range as in real analogue photos.

However I have to admit - contrast is way to exaggerated.

The demo's up, but I can't download it.

It's exclusive to XLB Gold members. And I am a Gold member. I've just played a private lobby race with the AI, too.

Ah, frustrating :grumpy:

Luminis
The demo's up, but I can't download it.

It's exclusive to XLB Gold members. And I am a Gold member. I've just played a private lobby race with the AI, too.

Ah, frustrating :grumpy:

You cant play it because your a gold member?
What??

I'll make my comments short here before I knock out for the night.

First thing I noticed besides the graphics is that the game runs a lot smoother than before. It just looked like a nice, large leap from Forza 3 to me. The handling, like any new game, took some time to get used to & as I play more & more, I'll start to run with a couple of the driver aids off once I'm more comfortable with the controls.

Regardless of this steering assist debate, the cars all handle quite a bit more realistically than in FM3, imo. I found it without a doubt, quite easy to kick the 458 & M5 tails out in the turns if I was just trying to gun it through the corners. Even with TCS on, it was possible to start breaking traction in the rear if you were coming into the turns a bit too fast. All in all, a plus for me. I don't know if it was the new physics as well, but I quite enjoyed driving more in the cockpit view than in FM3. Everything seemed to be a lot smoother.

Sound wise, it's terrific. It's not cranked to 11 like Need For Speed, but it is more audible than in FM3. FM3 was good, very good, but you can hear where T10 made the improvements to give the cars a much more authentic sound. The backfire is a nice plus as it's random & not always the same noise. There's no "burble" (as far as I heard) effect like in Hot Pursuit, but it's a very minor oversight.

To end it, if the game plays anything like the demo, I will be very happy. I like the Rivals mode & I really like the traffic you have to race through in 1 challenge; almost feels like a "highway" mode. :P But, again, I think it's very interesting & should make beating other folks' times very challenging when you have to decide if you can beat the AI into a turn, or keep the car in control as you take the outside. I'll also add real quick that the sense of speed looks to be very much improved. I think above 160-170 down the straight, the motion blur kicks in & the sound changes up a bit.

All in all, Oct. 11th can't come soon enough. :)

I'll make my comments short here before I knock out for the night.

First thing I noticed besides the graphics is that the game runs a lot smoother than before. It just looked like a nice, large leap from Forza 3 to me. The handling, like any new game, took some time to get used to & as I play more & more, I'll start to run with a couple of the driver aids off once I'm more comfortable with the controls.

Regardless of this steering assist debate, the cars all handle quite a bit more realistically than in FM3, imo. I found it without a doubt, quite easy to kick the 458 & M5 tails out in the turns if I was just trying to gun it through the corners. Even with TCS on, it was possible to start breaking traction in the rear if you were coming into the turns a bit too fast. All in all, a plus for me. I don't know if it was the new physics as well, but I quite enjoyed driving more in the cockpit view than in FM3. Everything seemed to be a lot smoother.

Sound wise, it's terrific. It's not cranked to 11 like Need For Speed, but it is more audible than in FM3. FM3 was good, very good, but you can hear where T10 made the improvements to give the cars a much more authentic sound. The backfire is a nice plus as it's random & not always the same noise. There's no "burble" (as far as I heard) effect like in Hot Pursuit, but it's a very minor oversight.

To end it, if the game plays anything like the demo, I will be very happy. I like the Rivals mode & I really like the traffic you have to race through in 1 challenge; almost feels like a "highway" mode. :P But, again, I think it's very interesting & should make beating other folks' times very challenging when you have to decide if you can beat the AI into a turn, or keep the car in control as you take the outside. I'll also add real quick that the sense of speed looks to be very much improved. I think above 160-170 down the straight, the motion blur kicks in & the sound changes up a bit.

All in all, Oct. 11th can't come soon enough. :)

Great first impression! I'm not going to be able to play it today, I will download it but wont have time till tomorrow :(

Alright, it feels like the game is really solid.
I like the controls and I feel like they are something I've dealt with before, maybe due to my GT5 play.
I didnt need to get used to anything before I stepped into the 458 Italia.....
I'm not sure if Im just a great driver or the car is easy.

Ive also slammed the car, the damage is GREAT.

Back