Forza 4 Demo Thread

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 4' started by Bogie 19th, Sep 23, 2011.

1. zr1chris

zr1chris

If you paid attention there isn't much comparison with GT5 going on here. It's more between FM4 and real life. Try being a bit more respectful or I can assure you that you won't be welcomed here for long.

2. Luminis

Luminis

Get yourself a camera, point it at something as bright as the glare seen on the tarmac in the FM4 picture and take a photo. Chances are, the auto adjust will make sure that most stuff that's not insanely bright lit will appear to be as darkk or maybe even darker than what you see in FM4.

I get what you're trying to say, by the way, but that just doesn't change the fact that your point is completely wrong. There's no exaggerated darkness to be seen in that picture, just a camera adjusting to high levels of contrast and some glare directly in front of it.

I would get your point if the rear appeared to be black completely. However, it doesn't. The lower quarter does, as that's where the diffusor is, but the top half is red, as it's supposed to. You can also make out details like the rear lights very easily, too.

If it indeed does appear to be all black to you, I guess Zoo was right: You do have to adjust your monitor/TV settings.

3. KingK76

KingK76

Ha! I am a PC sim racer and GT5 has lots to worry about with Forza 4 when it comes to physics. Granted it's just a demo but I am VERY impressed with what I have played so far. Forza still can't knock off the PC sim racers but it's looking like it will be the new "King of the Consoles".

4. UkHardcore23

UkHardcore23

Yeah as ZR1 said a few posts ago it's down to the contrast with the snow/alps. I am a little worried it will be the same for all tracks though like Forza 3 but we'l see...

5. NA

NA

Heck, I'm pretty jazzed up with the idea of those physics, combined with the Hemi Dart, and forza's mod system. I'm going to be spending alot of time just making that little car has squirely has posible and abusing the heck out of it.:dopey:

6. espeed623

espeed623

Much respect, Chris, but if I felt welcome here, I'd have posted more often. :indiff: If my post count is any indication, I don't post here much. Been a member since about April/May-ish last year. I just lurk and then post.

Edit: *sigh* I'm sorry I mentioned GT5 earlier. It's just the discussion seemed (keyword seemed) to revolve around which game did what better (and to be honest, a few GT5 pics were posted a page back). I had to take a look. I guess I'm making a big deal out if it. Maybe. But still, it's not a discussion when two of the debaters on this discussion are going to personal attacks (as seen in some of the recent posts) to try and prove their alleged superiority. And I don't mean you were doing such yourself.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  7. theotherspongey

theotherspongey

I thought this was the demo thread, not the argue-about-the-sun thread. :dunce:

8. NA

NA

Lol, I think that's exactly what we're moving on to arguing now as a matter of fact....:dopey: j/k

9. James1436

James1436

Is this thread turning into a "how dark a shadow should look like" thread? I swear, with the launch of Forza 4 coming close, the GTplanet FM forum is turning into a flamewar section.Every thread I read on the the FM section, somebody is complaining about some ridiculous thing. :banghead:
    They created a FM vs GT5 thread for a reason.:ouch:

10. UkHardcore23

UkHardcore23

Talking about the lighting in the "demo" no?

It's not about GT5 James.

11. James1436

James1436

You are doing it in such a manner that it invokes alot of people. I want to read/see pictures the demo, not people arguing over small details. Its not just this thread. Almost all of the active threads have these frivolous complainers and nit pickers that invoke arguments.

12. espeed623

espeed623

It would help if you and Zoo could rationally debate the lighting in a way that doesn't resort to using insults like rednecks and wankers. Not saying you guys don't have your differences, but it's uncalled for when you guys stoop so low to try and prove a point. Honestly, now that I've had some time to rethink, Chris has been debating this without doing so as far as I can recall.

13. HELLAFLUSH240SX

HELLAFLUSH240SX

Not true, I've seen Zoo mostly come at people who post incorrect things about FM, or just blatantly bash it.

14. tfujiwara

tfujiwara

Soooo....What exactly is "Rivals mode"?

*Is it a game mode?
    *Something with a leaderboard competition? If so, what is the competion, best lap time?

15. espeed623

espeed623

Rivals mode is a gameplay mode that lets you challenge the best time or score of another player (read: a rival) in return for credits and XP. There's no credit or XP rewards in the demo version, naturally.

So, yeah. That's what Rivals mode is in a nutshell. :/

Edit: Ho boy. -_-...

16. JDMKING13

JDMKING13

Anyway enough small talk, I cannot wait to play the demo it's out tomorrow right?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
  17. espeed623

espeed623

Yup. That's correct.

18. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

That's enough of the bickering, and petty insults being chucked about - this thread is for the discussion of the demo, any more personal insults flung around will earn some holiday time.

So then... guess I'll be downloading the demo tomorrow, excited to see how the handling changes to FM3. Just hopping in (obviously very late), but going directly from GT5 to FM3, one thing that I do like is the fact FF cars aren't utter pushers in FM3. I got into some epic tank-slappers last night running my little Fiesta around. I haven't driven anything faster than my GT500 yet though, so curious what the demo cars will feel like.

19. chromatic9

chromatic9 Premium

[​IMG]
    Look, a car reflecting on another car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender

I agree James, I have had enough as I cannot find any reasonable posts anymore. All I know is the demo is released tomorrow, full version and my Fanatec most likely next week. Thanks to those individuals that have actually contributed "meaningful" information. See you all "Rivals" online :tup:

21. chromatic9

chromatic9 Premium

[​IMG]

Great environment, really is impressive in motion too at 60fps. When I saw the small youtube vids of the track in trailers I thought lets see how it is for real.

22. zr1chris

zr1chris

Agreed. The Alps is simply amazing to look at. You can just cruise around at normal driving speeds and enjoy the scenery and still enjoy it.

23. WeShallNverStop

WeShallNverStop

Beautiful :drool:

24. JDMKING13

JDMKING13

I love how you can see the interior. :tup:

25. Crispy

Crispy

Looks like I'll be up late tonight. Stupid coughing! Anyway, the demo being available Monday, and me being in Central Time, would it be safe to assume that the demo will be available at 12:00AM here? I don't know where T10 is located though, so depending on whether or not it's East or West coast, I could be up for a while. I'd really like to get a headstart on downloading it however.

26. zr1chris

zr1chris

Probably more like 5am - 6am since it's usually 6-7am when xbox live usually gets updated on the east coast if im not mistaken.

27. Da-Bomber

Da-Bomber

Pretty sure its only on fanatec wheels.

28. buttsneeze

buttsneeze

Well Fanatec wheels are the only 900 degree wheels compatible with the 360.

29. phil-t

phil-t

It's also evident on normal wheels, it's just that you naturally put lots more lock in when countersteering, so it's pretty much masked/almost redundant..

I just hope T10 sort it out, just to appease people..

I personally found it seems to only kick in when the car is quite sideways, it's hard to get enough lock on quick enough with a 900 wheel at that point, they probably think they are trying to help you out a bit, or found it play tested not so good (I hope not)..

30. buttsneeze

buttsneeze

Video demonstrating it very clearly. The assist is actually quite invasive, almost every time you go through a transition it affects your steering angle. Sometimes it even overcorrects and makes you lose control.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCbbkHUGOTo