Forza 4 Demo Thread

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 1,080 comments
I never said it was entirely black, but im glad you can also see it's very dark as some are saying it's not the case at all even though we have a screenshot showing it and a number of videos.

Yes, it's not black like you stated before, it's a darker red, just like it would be in RL and in GT5.

UkHardcore23
I never said it was entirely black, but im glad you can also see it's very dark as some are saying it's not the case at all even though we have a screenshot showing it and a number of videos.

You are the only person who is experiencing this!

Why are you so hung up on it?

Are you really THAT big of a GT fanboy that you have to find something to complain about?

Get the hell out of here,

You do understand how a camera and the human eye works when there is a very bright light source within the same area as other objects?

I'm assuming some people don't. The things I hear complaining about is mind boggling. If the contrast outside is harsh enough you may see nothing but a shadow/dark outline of what's supposed to be there. And I'm talking REAL LIFE.

I'm assuming some people don't. The things I hear complaining about is mind boggling. If the contrast outside is harsh enough you may see nothing but a shadow/dark outline of what's supposed to be there. And I'm talking REAL LIFE.

Complaints like these make me think some people just don't know how to adjust thier monitors. If anything the back of the car in the screenshot is too bright on my screen, and I know for a fact thats my settings, and not turn 10's doing. 💡

You are the only person who is experiencing this!

Why are you so hung up on it?

Are you really THAT big of a GT fanboy that you have to find something to complain about?

Get the hell out of here,

I aint a GT fanboy? I hated GT5 apart from going round the ring, it got traded after 2 months.

But whatever, dish out the insults if it makes you feel a whole lot better 👍

UkHardcore23
I aint a GT fanboy? I hated GT5 apart from going round the ring, it got traded after 2 months.

But whatever, dish out the insults if it makes you feel a whole lot better 👍

Then read your tv owners manual. Hopefully, you can figure out how to open the settings menu to adjust your tv.

YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON EXPERIENCING THIS SO IT IS A PROBLEM ON YOUR END.

How do you not understand this?

I guess I will have to post some screenshots of GT5 in the GT vs FM thread to show that cars are darker the further away they are, and even darker when they are being shown form the shadowed side.

Then read your tv owners manual. Hopefully, you can figure out how to open the settings menu to adjust your tv.

YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON EXPERIENCING THIS SO IT IS A PROBLEM ON YOUR END.

How do you not understand this?

Hold on so now i have to read the tv manual rather than me being a GT fanboy? Make your mind up!

I guess I will have to post some screenshots of GT5 in the GT vs FM thread to show that cars are darker the further away they are, and even darker when they are being shown form the shadowed side.

Yeah please do, show F4 cars at their darkest and the same of GT5.

Having played the demo for 30 mins i feel qualified to fully compare it with GT5 that i put hundreds of hours into ;)

GT5 edges it on Gfx for me, F4 is vastly better Aurally - however the music is annoying and can't seem to turn it off in the demo?

FFB wise, odd - i use a GT2 and initially couldn't seem to get 900deg, no options menu to go into so hard to compare them really. It felt decent enough tho.

Handling wise, seemed to have normal Forza traits under braking and if anything too loose on power with wild slides the norm not needing to be provoked but again not being able to setup the wheel could explain some of this.

Overall initial impressions are very good, rivals mode is going to be great fun - it feels like forza and tbh i much preferred the handling on GT5 to F3 but early days and really looking forward to the full game!

UkHardcore23
Hold on so now i have to read the tv manual rather than me being a GT fanboy? Make your mind up!

You need to do something besides constantly bringing up something that ONLY YOU are seeing.

You are either:

1- Obsessed to try to find SOMETHING to complain about.

2- Inept to adjust your tv settings.

You take your choice.

And again.

Try comparing it to real life.

Not GT5. Lol. Which I honestly don't know how you are doing that... because you "traded it after 2 months." So how long ago was that? Lol.

You need to do something besides constantly bringing up something that ONLY YOU are seeing.

You are either:

1- Obsessed to try to find SOMETHING to complain about.

2- Inept to adjust your tv settings.

You take your choice.

And again.

Try comparing it to real life.

Not GT5. Lol.

I did compare it to real life, i was out driving today and not once did a coloured car or white car look nearly black no matter what angle the sun was shining from. I suggest you do the same.

UkHardcore23
I did compare it to real life, i was out driving today and not once did a coloured car or white car look nearly black no matter what angle the sun was shining from. I suggest you do the same.

Then again, refer to points 1 and 2.

UkHardcore23
Do you drive? Is it sunny where you are? Go for a drive ;) if you dont drive go for a walk!

Do you read owners manuals where you are? Open the book. If you don't read have someone do it for you.

Driving around the Alps and driving around town is totally different. The blinding snow and dark shaded areas will cause some things in the shade to be a little more difficult to see.

zr1chris
Driving around the Alps and driving around town is totally different. The blinding snow and dark shaded areas will cause some things in the shade to be a little more difficult to see.

I have to agree. There is something about that track that throws the interior lighting off. In other videos I have seen the lighting is spectacular in cockpit view.

YouTube "Zonda R Catalunya" and compare it to the Cinque in the demo. Odd.

I don't know if that is their IBL engine bouncing environmental lighting off the mountains and restricting the amount that makes it to the cars or what.

Hope your right but with F3 it was very similar and that was on all tracks.

1. He is driving a 4WD
2. He uses automatic transition
3. Buying a Fanatec and does not shift by himself.... FAIL!

I played the demo at Gamescom and I could'nt do that with the Ferrari, or Cougar... I span out...

This video is ridiculous!

It was in automatic so he could record the screen... and the second video is the M5

And you're completely missing the point of the video. He barely counter steers but the game applies full opposite lock. 90 degrees of counter-steer on a 900 degree wheel turns the front wheels ALL THE WAY. It's invasive. While on a real car you'd let the wheel slip through your fingers to opposite lock and then rip it back to center, in Forza 4 you just snap it 90 degrees one way and the game decides it's going to apply full opposite lock. In some cases it actually makes it artificially harder. It also screws with the FFB feel having the steering rate constantly change.

I cannot believe I just spent 10 minutes outside watching cars go by while I had my smoke break, just making mental notes of how the shadows and light angles played on the different cars. Surprise, I saw a number of cars where the shaded sides appeared very dark, and in some cases even darker than the screenshot. I also saw cars with cute girls obscured by dark interiors, very dissapointing, but if they turn left at the intersection, I can see them much better has the sun shines into the windscreen just right.
Conclusion: This has been two pages of the silliest waste of time argument, and seriously leads me to believe it's intended has nothing more than trolling.

NA
I cannot believe I just spent 10 minutes outside watching cars go by while I had my smoke break, just making mental notes of how the shadows and light angles played on the different cars. Surprise, I saw a number of cars where the shaded sides appeared very dark, and in some cases even darker than the screenshot. I also saw cars with cute girls obscured by dark interiors, very dissapointing, but if they turn left at the intersection, I can see them much better has the sun shines into the windscreen just right.
Conclusion: This has been two pages of the silliest waste of time argument, and seriously leads me to believe it's intended has nothing more than trolling.

Lol. Great experiment. I expect a two page report on your findings. It is going to need to be notarized by a PhD. in interior lighting and sent first class to UK.

Hope your right but with F3 it was very similar and that was on all tracks.

This isn't FM3. FM3 didn't use IBL. Given the environment (which is what lights the cars now) I think it's done properly.

For example if you go outside in the sun for a little while after it has snowed and the snow has that blinding effect then you go inside and what happens? You can't see very good until your eyes adjust.

Lol. Great experiment. I expect a two page report on your findings. It is going to need to be notarized by a PhD. in interior lighting and sent first class to UK.

Meh, sadly, I can only make it a page and a half, and only that if I list all the liscense plates as sources. :lol:

Back