Forza 4 Demo Thread

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 1,080 comments

avermediacenter20111002.jpg

High%252520Speed%252520Ring.jpg

Ive already explained that it's because of how bright the snow is. If you were there in person that's exactly how it would look. The sun is on the opposite side of the car. You are looking at the shaded side. Shaded areas will always look even darher than usual when they are next to really bright scenery.

Edit. Like I said before it's like being in that type of environment ( the Alps) and then go inside where its dark. You wont see a thing for a few seconds because your eyes were being blasted by brightness and need to adjust.

The steering assist is in fact still in the game even in simulation steering mode with a 900 degree wheel. Its not as bad as it was in FM3 but it still rears its ugly head when you get the car loose.

Of course the sun is at an entirely different angle in both pics, with no sun glare in the foreground of the GT5 pic, like in FM4, which in real life would make other things appear darker, but ok, we now have proof that WE can selectively choose different pics to argue whatever we want to argue. Progress. I think. Mabey not.

Last edited:
NA
Of course the sun is at an entirely different angle in both pics, with no sun glare in the foreground of the GT5 pic, like in FM4, which in real life would make other things appear darker, but ok, we now have proof that you can selectively choose different pics to argue whatever we want to argue. Progress. I think. Mabey not.

Eh? I didnt "selectively" pick anything those screens are from Boogie for his point of view of being right lol

Could be here all day, you guys have serious issues about the one thing i dislike about the Forza series....fair enough... My last post on the matter.

uCTyP.jpg

Real car in the alps. Granted, it's blue, not red, but the rear is pretty darn dark. The left side is obviously almost entirely black, and that's without the high contrast due to the brightness of snow.

As we all know, having somethinh very brigt in a picture will make the darker parts appear darker... That's what contrast does, no?

So, if a car IRL can get that dark on the side that's not facing the light source, even without the high contrast, I fail to see any problems with FM4 here. GT5 doesn't give us an example of that, or maybe it doesn't do that. Who cares. Seems like it works IRL, so can we please move on now?

Eh? I didnt "selectively" pick anything those screens are from Boogie for his point of view of being right lol

Doesn't negate my point one single bit. Especially since I didn't say you specifically were guilty of selecting anything, rather I was making a generalization. I'll change my other post to clear this up.

Last edited:
uCTyP.jpg

Real car in the alps. Granted, it's blue, not red, but the rear is pretty darn dark. The left side is obviously almost entirely black, and that's without the high contrast due to the brightness of snow.

As we all know, having somethinh very brigt in a picture will make the darker parts appear darker... That's what contrast does, no?

So, if a car IRL can get that dark on the side that's not facing the light source, even without the high contrast, I fail to see any problems with FM4 here. GT5 doesn't give us an example of that, or maybe it doesn't do that. Who cares. Seems like it works IRL, so can we please move on now?

Find me a red car or another bright car rather than an already VERY DARK car and then i'l admit im wrong 👍

Find me a red car or another bright car rather than an already VERY DARK car and then i'l admit im wrong 👍

This pic is much closer which allows you to see it better but it is red and I hope you can see that if the car was much further away like the FM4 pic a few posts up that it would be much darker.

Red-Car-Trapped-300x225.jpg

LOL. Look at this kid. POSTS A PICTURE OF THE SUNNY SIDE TO ARGUE HIS POINT?

LOL. You do not even know what you are arguing!

FAIL AGAIN.

Ok ignore the other 2 pics if you want, however the back of the car is CLEARLY not on the sunny. You ask me if i could read...can you SEE?

Ok ignore the other 2 pics if you want, however the back of the car is CLEARLY not on the sunny. You ask me if i could read...can you SEE?

No one ignored the other pictures. YOU edited them and added them after I quoted you. Use common sense.

You still need to fix your tv kid lol.

The back of the car isn't exactly in the shade either and you can see it's already allot darker than the side. Just look at the pic of the WHITE car that you posted. Of course it's easy to see. It's white and close as hell. The FM4 pic is at least 100 yards away.

:banghead:🤬:lol: I sense a very possible impending mod response along the lines of "Quite posting meaningless strings of wiener contest pics that prove nothing except that there are alot of pics of cars available on the net." :nervous:

The steering assist is in fact still in the game even in simulation steering mode with a 900 degree wheel. Its not as bad as it was in FM3 but it still rears its ugly head when you get the car loose.

I'm starting to think this steering assist has just been clarified, for a long time people saw your video and said the oscillation was the car driving itself, and I've looked at that, and it isn't the issue, which I see has been better quantified in the other thread, its much more noticeable when set to 900 degrees, and making small countersteering inputs when the car is rotating quickly, it ampllifies the input to assist you.. nothing to do with the oscillation, and some simple quick tests isolate it easily.

Its not really noticeable at 270 degrees, because 99 percent of people will react as quickly with more input anyway.. but if you are slow and on 900 degree steering, its almost a "help wind the lock on, the car wont recover otherwise"...

Oddly it does it identically in all steering modes..

As has been my stance all along, whilst anything like this is unwelcome, its ultimately not as sinister (IMO just for the fact you have to be very wayward and its fine otherwise) as it seems, but I did hope T10 would have cleaned it up for simulation steering to appease everyone. Lets see if its the same in the final game. I instantly noticed and commented that there was still a softness to the physics, if it turns out simulation steering is just broken in the demo, but OK in the finally game, I think it'd be the icing on the cake, because having just back to backed FM3 and FM4, its immediately obvious what a great improvement the rest of the physics are!

Last edited:
Are you for real? You can, of course, find pictures of the dark side of the car being brighter or darker, that's not the point. That#s easily done by setting your camera up accordingly.

The point is, the shot of FM3 isn't off, it's not even a very rare sight if you're looking at pictures with very high levels of contrast.

That's not exactly a concept that's hard to grasp, and no matter how many pictures of bright images you're posting, that's not going to further your point one single bit.

DWN8825Edit.jpg

Notice how the un-lit side of the Subi appears to be that much darker than the rest, even when it's this close to the camera? High contrast, right there.

183981_1704643854125_1178850248_31637634_7415426_n.jpg

Same on the NB Miata. Even up close, the high levels of contrast make the un-lit side appear a lot darker than the lit one.

The best thing is, if a camera was focused on the glare on the tarmac like that, the cars would basically have to appear pretty dark on that picture. Due to the camera adjusting to the brigt light of the glare in order to not create an over-exposed image.

So, there you have it: High contrast plus some glare in the middle of the picture = Dark car.

As I said, can we move on now?

Are you for real? You can, of course, find pictures of the dark side of the car being brighter or darker, that's not the point. That#s easily done by setting your camera up accordingly.

The point is, the shot of FM3 isn't off, it's not even a very rare sight if you're looking at pictures with very high levels of contrast.

That's not exactly a concept that's hard to grasp, and no matter how many pictures of bright images you're posting, that's not going to further your point one single bit.

DWN8825Edit.jpg

Notice how the un-lit side of the Subi appears to be that much darker than the rest, even when it's this close to the camera? High contrast, right there.

183981_1704643854125_1178850248_31637634_7415426_n.jpg

Same on the NB Miata. Even up close, the high levels of contrast make the un-lit side appear a lot darker than the lit one.

The best thing is, if a camera was focused on the glare on the tarmac like that, the cars would basically have to appear pretty dark on that picture. Due to the camera adjusting to the brigt light of the glare in order to not create an over-exposed image.

So, there you have it: High contrast plus some glare in the middle of the picture = Dark car.

As I said, can we move on now?

Yes i know this but with Forza games the dark side is extremly dark almost black which is exaggerated most of the time.

The demo's pretty nice in my eyes. It's a blast; it took some time getting used to the sim steering. I found the race just a tad boring after a while, so I gave the rivals mode a try. It's great fun, really. I hope more of you guys will be giving it a try tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hey kids, did you know that there's a thread for this discussion? It's called the FM vs GT thread! There, you can debate to your heart's content (so long as you provide proof to back up your stabs, claims, and whatnot)! 💡 /sarcasm.

Seriously, if this is your idea of legitimate discussion regarding the Forza 4 demo, then this is the wrong thread. Why the 🤬 am I not surprised that some blokes had to bring this dead horse of a topic up in a thread about the FORZA 4 DEMO? No offense, guys, but the aforementioned thread (read: FM vs. GT) is where this stuff belongs. Now if you excuse me, I'll try and talk about the demo in a way that does not bring up GT5, and therefore, a flamewar. Thank you.

The demo's pretty nice in my eyes. It's a blast; it took some time getting used to the sim steering. I found the race just a tad boring after a while, so I gave the rivals mode a try. It's great fun, really. I hope more of you guys will be giving it a try tomorrow.

LOL, +1.
After an afternoon of this, I actually forgot this was the demo thread.

Yes i know this but with Forza games the dark side is extremly dark almost black which is exaggerated most of the time.

I agree I hated that so much. I think we should wait to see the other tracks though.

Back