Forza 5 physics vs GT6 аnd other sims

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 5' started by shved111, Dec 7, 2013.

1. somebodysb2

somebodysb2

For me, GT6 at its hardest is more difficult than FM4 at its hardest.

2. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

That makes no sense, are you saying GT6 has better physics than FM4 (even though this thread is about FM5) because it's harder?

3. 1241Penguin

1241Penguin Premium

Interesting result:

Using the DS3, it indeed had no torque steer at all. As you described it, it steered straight without a fuss. With a wheel though, it did display torque steer, something that GT5 didn't have regardless whether I used a controller or wheel. Perhaps I should have lined the car up with the lines, but I still think the test shows that there is torque steer in GT6.

fortbo likes this.
  4. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Try launching straight at Stowe start/finsih line without steering input :) I crashed my Supra into the wall :lol: It was done on comfort medium.

5. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

The wheel is a variable though, it may have been out even 1 degree and it could have done that

6. UKMikey

UKMikey

I don't understand why the same car and setup should have different torque steer characteristics on different tracks or why you'd have to plug a wheel in to appreciate them when no steering input is required.

7. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I tested using stick, no steering, just hold the gas/cross button in 1s gear. I tested another car : J's S2000 replica that I built, comfort soft on Apricot Hill, it does the same as Supra on Stowe. The Supra was stock no oil change 325HP. I think PD made some programming error ? Maybe physics data are still not detailed enough with certain track surfaces. The biggest reason might be that PD do not have detailed drivertrain physics ( symmetrical model perhaps ? )

8. King1982

King1982 (Banned)

Why are we even talking about torque steer whe the glaring issues like engine sounds are much more important. I mea c'mon paint chips? still?

BoneSawTX likes this.
  9. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

There is no point creating a new benchmark though, Route X is flat, TGTT in FM5 is flat, this is the closest comparison that we can have (in my opinion)

This thread is purely about physics though :)

10. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Stowe start/finish also flat, it has torque steer, so it depends on the track, is there a list of tracks in GT6 with flat surface ? Maybe someone willing to test on all of them and list which one do not have torque steer like Route X and R246.

11. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Is the wheel perfectly straight, though?

12. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Someone with a wheel should make a video, no hand touching the wheel, make sure it's dead center, put a tape on it to mark center :lol: The FFB will twist the steering and boom :lol: So, kill the FFB too :lol:

13. 1241Penguin

1241Penguin Premium

Interesting you guys bring up steering input as a factor. I have to admit though getting the wheel dead on centre is pretty much impossible. Perhaps this is something to look into.

In any case though, I guess wheel users will get to play with torque steer. :dopey:

14. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

Stowe isn't flat, I've just taken this and you can see its slight gradient sloping to the left, which would make the car steer right, measure the gaps between the left of the bumper to the G meter and then the right

[​IMG]

15. MXH

MXH Premium

Either that or there are some nasty hidden aids for DS3 users. I'm betting it's the wheel though.

16. MKVSupra

MKVSupra (Banned)

Why is it none have done this.

Compare reality to its virtual counterpart and tell us which game comes closer to the vehicles real life characteristics ?

This should be the easiest way, drive the real thing then the virtual and say what you found.

anyone...

17. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

You've been asked to do this and you refused

BoneSawTX likes this.
  18. UKMikey

UKMikey

Interesting quote from another thread.

Fezz_ST likes this.
  19. Kamuifanboy

Kamuifanboy

20. UKMikey

UKMikey

21. somebodysb2

somebodysb2

No? I was comparing the two games difficulty, not alluding to which one is better or worse. RE: FM4, I assume FM5 handling is pretty similar to it?

22. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

You haven't played FM5 then, the Drivatar system means your opponents aren't just mobile chicanes like FM4 and GT6

23. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Being difficult is very subjective.

Try to do some professional arcade races ( AI at 10 ) at Bathurst in the rain with stock Cizeta V16T, 100% weather, 30-50% water on track, grip real. Pick any tire and aids you like - I don't recommend racing tires. You will have a hard time beating the top 5 cars in front, I used comfort medium, and only managed 2nd in 2 laps race. 2 AI cars are hot on my tail from 1st lap, one of them passed me on the conrod, and the other passed me on the 2nd last corner ( GTR and 458 ) The last lap was battling these 2 for 2nd position, the leader is 4 seconds ahead when I crossed the line. So of all 10 AI cars, only 2 AI cars are worthy to be raced with - with good AI profile.

It seems the AI has varied speed/aggressiveness, sometime one is quick even with not so powerful car compared to mine - I had Viper GTSR Concept made a pass on me ( over 250kmh ) on Conrod at another race - I was in stock Cizeta. PD is really focusing on casuals, the AI cars always mixed from higher PP and lower PP than player's car with mixed AI profile.

24. Imari

Imari

Unfortunately it's called rubberbanding. It means that any car can be rocketship fast, if it's in the right place at the right time.

25. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

I've yet to see or hear of a real car that has a zero degree steering lock, so comparisons to DS3 or xbox controllers should also be taken with a grain of salt.

26. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

:grumpy: Dem rubberband :lol: the slipstream might had a hand too :( But the 2 cars that were hot on my tail were constantly trying to overtake me even on the twisty part of Bathurst ( this is in the rain ) and they were there since I passed them in the beginning. The rest AI cars were left so far behind. Weird.

27. FordGTGuy

FordGTGuy

Torque steer is a jerk caused by a sudden amount of torque that overcomes the vehicles stability.

I don't see why people have a hard time criticizing the GT physics engine, we want it to improve don't we?

It's not like Forza's is perfect yet either.

The funny thing I've noticed on Forza 5 is that people are starting to complain about how much harder it is to drive these high torque and horsepower vehicles without assists when they were designed to be used with assists.

I guess the closer we get to realism the idea of assists is going to change.

BoneSawTX and Fezz_ST like this.
  28. UKMikey

UKMikey

With respect I think you're missing the point somewhat. The idea of using a controller is to eliminate the steering component from the torque test so we can determine what role the tyre models etc play in comparison with each other.

I guess if a game doesn't feature standing starts there doesn't need to be the same emphasis on modelling launch characteristics.

29. FordGTGuy

FordGTGuy

If you drive constantly at WoT in a high torque a horsepower car than sure it is, other than that you're just trolling.

30. vro0m

vro0m

Biggest difference I noticed between the games physics is the shifts, there should be a noticeable difference between the amount of time it takes to hit a paddle and change a gear in a racing dual-sequential versus having to double-clutch your way through a vintage stick shift. But all Gt6 cars shift instantly.

the in-car in the second half really show it off

compared to

here's the real deal i think