Forza 6 Porsche Expansion

• Thread starter JC_Dude
  • 693 comments
Pricing has been pretty well established given they did this twice already.

USD$20, 10 for VIP. Adjust for your currency. The problem I had with the 1st one is I paid $32 of our funny money for the full Forza 4 disc so asking me $26 for 20 cars and some event is kind of rich.

$20 in real USD = $26 of our dollars. Once it fell to $13 I jumped.

I think Horizon was the same? I dont think they can go more than $20 really.

Storm Island DLC for Horizon 2 was 50% off for VIPs. So I paid 10€. I'm ok with paying 10 for the 20 Porsches.
I still don't think that Virginia Raceway will be paid content, wouldn't make sense to divide the community there.

It's only 20 days from now.

I hope there are more than 20 cars, too. I think no matter how you look at it, we know they will leave out a lot of good cars and it will not meet the level of awesomeness that was Forza 4 Porsche DLC. I say this because we know they will definitely add race cars (not a bad thing), they likely won't add duplicates or similar models (as in, we won't see more than one GT3, because why add a 996 if there is a 997 or 991 or 3.6, 3.8 or 4.0?), they will add big seller models like the Cayenne, Macan, and (hopefully not) Panamera, and I think it's safe to say they will add the supercars (959, Carrera GT, 918 Spyder, which I don't see as track cars personally). To me, this leaves little room for the die-hard, enthusiast Porsches that deserve a place in this motorsports game.

All speculation. Yes, I am over-thinking it a little, and I wanted to rant. :rolleyes:

Was the Forza 4 expansion THAT great, though? I mean it had 7 GT3 race cars and 2 RS Spyders, so it had 23 actually unique cars- not that many more than amazon states. It alxo had the Cayenne and the Panamera so it wasn't all enthusiasts' favorites.

EDIT: the 959, Carrera GT were both in FH2 so they will almost definitely be there and the 918 is already confirmed.

918 spider. Hahah anyone fancy a P1, the Ferrari the ferrari track and drag race. Which car will win the hypercar crown? The race events on YouTube were all done by different people and each time there was a different winner between the P1 and 918.

Coming back to Porsche, whatever T10 put in the game is going to be fine by me and I won't complain. The lineup in FH2 was pretty good and I would be more then happy just to get 20 than to get nada.

Was the Forza 4 expansion THAT great, though? I mean it had 7 GT3 race cars and 2 RS Spyders, so it had 23 actually unique cars- not that many more than amazon states. It alxo had the Cayenne and the Panamera so it wasn't all enthusiasts' favorites.

EDIT: the 959, Carrera GT were both in FH2 so they will almost definitely be there and the 918 is already confirmed.
I got 27 unique cars in Forza 4 pack. The duplicates being the 2nd 2011 Cup Car, 2011 GT3 RSR and RS Spyder.
I didn't the road cars properly though.

I hope there are more than 20 cars, too. I think no matter how you look at it, we know they will leave out a lot of good cars and it will not meet the level of awesomeness that was Forza 4 Porsche DLC. I say this because we know they will definitely add race cars (not a bad thing), they likely won't add duplicates or similar models (as in, we won't see more than one GT3, because why add a 996 if there is a 997 or 991 or 3.6, 3.8 or 4.0?), they will add big seller models like the Cayenne, Macan, and (hopefully not) Panamera, and I think it's safe to say they will add the supercars (959, Carrera GT, 918 Spyder, which I don't see as track cars personally). To me, this leaves little room for the die-hard, enthusiast Porsches that deserve a place in this motorsports game.

All speculation. Yes, I am over-thinking it a little, and I wanted to rant. :rolleyes:

I brought my AutoArt 996.2 GT3 over to my house the other day and I too really want to see it return. Not as devastatingly able as the last few RS models, but I bet there's few sweeter cars to drive and just enjoy the moment as that model.

You're not wrong, once you remove the many duplicate RSR and GT3 Cup cars, you are left with a good list of cars in FM4. I was happy with those 23 cars, but once you add race Porsches to FM6, 20 cars seems so low still. I guess my point is I wish we were expecting something like 30 cars. Just a little anxious to see what cars make it in the final pack is all.

VXR
I brought my AutoArt 996.2 GT3 over to my house the other day and I too really want to see it return. Not as devastatingly able as the last few RS models, but I bet there's few sweeter cars to drive and just enjoy the moment as that model.
The 996.2 GT3 is one of my personal favorite 911s (I prefer it over any other GT3, even any RS), I would be sad not so see it, but it's not hard to think that Turn 10 would prefer (or be almost forced) to include newer models of the GT3, and with a limited number of cars they can put in the game, they would likely opt for the RS first. Not necessarily a bad thing to see only RSs, I would just love to see a wider variety.

Porsche is perhaps the best manufacturer to highlight the problem with T10's "one model per generation" approach. With there being something like two dozen 911 variants each gen, having just one overlooks so much. Sure, I suppose the same is technically true with something like a 3-series, but I don't think many are clamouring for a 316d.

Having a 996.1 GT3 and a 996.2 GT3 RS, for example, would even be a big difference. Same with the having more from the 997 gen than just the run-out special 4.0 RS.

Porsche is perhaps the best manufacturer to highlight the problem with T10's "one model per generation" approach. With there being something like two dozen 911 variants each gen, having just one overlooks so much. Sure, I suppose the same is technically true with something like a 3-series, but I don't think many are clamouring for a 316d.

Having a 996.1 GT3 and a 996.2 GT3 RS, for example, would even be a big difference. Same with the having more from the 997 gen than just the run-out special 4.0 RS.
I suppose a way around this, that might be somewhat likely is to add "base" models, but include engine swaps and bumper swaps. Much like they have done in the past, in fact, but even more options. For example, the 996.2 GT3 is the same body as the RS, just add that RS wing as an option, give us a roll cage and weight savings mod and leave the decals to us. Or, 996 Turbo is the same body as the GT2, just change the front bumper, wing and give us the option to convert from AWD to RWD. The only issue I see is with the widebody 911s, like the 997 RS, but who would notice that. :dopey:

I suppose a way around this, that might be somewhat likely is to add "base" models, but include engine swaps and bumper swaps. Much like they have done in the past, in fact, but even more options. For example, the 996.2 GT3 is the same body as the RS, just add that RS wing as an option, give us a roll cage and weight savings mod and leave the decals to us. Or, 996 Turbo is the same body as the GT2, just change the front bumper, wing and give us the option to convert from AWD to RWD. The only issue I see is with the widebody 911s, like the 997 RS, but who would notice that. :dopey:
I'd rather we get accurate recreations from T10 than It's-sort-of-similar DIY efforts.

We know that 11 of them are returning from FH2 so it leaves 9 which are going to be seen on the Xbone for the first time. Actually, we know that two of the new ones are the 356A and the 919 Hybrid so it leaves only 7 cars to speculate about. I'm guessing the 993 GT2 will probably return since it's quite a classic, along with the 962c. I hope they add a 928 GTS....

IMG_1708.JPG

Tell me people are not going to give T10 even more money for yet another Porsche expansion? Do you guys ever learn?

C'mon guys they are ripping the ass right our of you's! Have you's seen the price of DC & PCars DLC... Honestly T10 must be laughing all the way to the bank!

Tell me people are not going to give T10 even more money for yet another Porsche expansion? Do you guys ever learn?

C'mon guys they are ripping the ass right our of you's! Have you's seen the price of DC & PCars DLC... Honestly T10 must be laughing all the way to the bank!
Ha ha, the only reason the Scot's invented TV because they were to tight to go out !!

Really, you're getting bent out of shape over $20.

Well, all I know is, we are getting at least 1 Porsche. Gran Turismo has had zip(I didn't get that GT3 in, ahem.. GT3). 20, no matter what models they will be, is a treat. I'm sure T10 will add more over time and with each new Forza. Say it with me, Twenty is better than zero.

Just letting you know, "you's" isn't a word.

Your PSN is 'Flawed Genius', that's fitting, since your logic is pretty flawed here.

It's a product, like any other. You choose to purchase it or you don't. It's no more complicated than that.

Ftr, I'll be getting it

If they're charging money for it as an add-on, you know full well the sublicense from EA is costing a small fortune.

If I have to pay extra to drive Porsches, it's cheaper than buying a full NFS game.

I'd rather not buy a nfs game. Saying that, it was the first driving game I bought on the Ps1, 'twas a different beast back then.

Nothing is free in this world anymore, I will accept that the pack might have a couple of 'grocery wagons/mall crawlers' in it. Even those will be nice to drive.

I also would rather pay for a 20 dollars for a Porsche Expansion pack than 60 dollars for a NFS title. I mean, I think I will pick up NFS 2015 eventually, but still; NFS titles haven't really cut the mustard for me in the recent years.

Back