Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
If you want to move without spending a penny:

• Help a movie producer making a stunt scene
  • Pray that the movie crew ends up with a spare house you can have for free as thanks for your help
  • Pray it has good internet cables
:D

Last edited:
Er, has this RX-3 front end swap always been an option on the FD?

Forza Horizon 4 Screen Shot 2018-09-28, 12.45 PM.png

I kind of like it...

Yeah, I also have a choice to not pay my rent, but that leaves me homeless. It's completely unreasonable to put it that way, and in no way functions in the real world like that.

What other way do we take "stop complaining! Move out of your house (and spend a ridiculous unreasonable amount of money to do so) for faster internet." There's really no other way to take that.[/QUOTE
I didn't even mean you, but i'm sorry for this. Try your best, you alone know what is best for you.

BTT: Im in a room with 59 other people?! what the the limit? LOL :)
(also tryed to fix handbrake bug with emuwheel1.3, didnt work.)

A couple of things I find annoying.

The clothes, horns and dance moves in Wheelspins, pointless and if I get them its a waste of a Wheelspin, would rather the cars and credits any day of the week.

People's usernames above their cars, they just pop up even though they are miles away, its quite distracting, can you turn them off? And what happened to the drivatars?

Holy ****. I think I might have just conned a free game from Microsoft. Loaded up FH4, and it booted to the main menu. It's too late for me to do anymore preliminary stuff, but I'm in day one baybee. Whether I get the DLC or not, who knows.

Update: everything was going well, had all the VIP stuff and everything. Been playing since 7:30 this morning, and it's almost 1:00 in the afternoon now as of this posting. My game froze, booted me out of the lobby, and the jig was up, MS told me I had to pay for the game.

Well, from finding out at about 11:30 last night to now, that was about 12 hours or so tops of me owning FH4.

I got my first 10 mill car from a normal spin as well, see screenshot. ;)

Also got the Forzathon Bentley FE from a superspin. So the main Forzathon price of this week is already in the bag from day one. ;) But I absolutely like this system, in future weeks I might be less lucky.

The screenshot is already a few hours old, I’m now level 83 and got out of the prologue for 3-4 hours now. Did 3 hourly Forzathons and these are quite fun... for now that they are new.

Two negative markers as well:

1) The game in 4K mode crashed twice already on my X1X.

2) My Aventador FE is halfway maxed on Skills and this is yet again same as FH3 a killer skill point farming machine (just like the Ford GT HE was in FH3) just flying and blasting trough everything at 200+ mph. It feels so silly this is way more effective than actually driving fast and staying on tarmac, and far easier too.

74ED1285-67C7-4B2E-BCF3-972438688FA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Same for me, the game is stuck in an installing loop right now at the same place. Looks like I'll resume playing after work...

I'll work as soon as the download finishes... you can restart the game if you feel like. I spend some hours in this screen, sleeping at the sofa waiting for it to finish. =/

I'll work as soon as the download finishes... you can restart the game if you feel like. I spend some hours in this screen, sleeping at the sofa waiting for it to finish. =/

To be fair I've got at least 7h30 left of being stuck in this office, so it'll have plenty of time to finish installing. :lol: The only annoying thing is that the kids will once more be able to play before I do.

I'm curious. Does every race route have both an exhibition and championship like in FH3? Or are championships involving a series of races just a seasonal thing?

In reality, aside from the one crash that also screwed me in regards to having to actually buy the game, my experience playing through the first few hours has been butter smooth. There was only really one bad hitch coming out of the map, that made it look like it was frozen, but quickly sorted itself out.

I'm curious. Does every race route have both an exhibition and championship like in FH3? Or are championships involving a series of races just a seasonal thing?

I've seen exhibitions only, but I'm still in the mandatory cycle of going through the seasons before having to go into the main, weekly seasons, so I don't know if it changes.

Is anyone else having issues with the game being slow to save, load, and navigate UI? It takes at least 10 seconds every time I want to do anything involving save games, redeeming the DLC cars takes forever.

I've also had the game crash on me twice now in 2 hours, the first time being within 5 minutes of starting it. Not good.

I am absolutely the last person that would actively engage in multiplayer, though there are a few exceptions, but I'll be damned if Forzathon Live isn't a ton of fun.

I really should have done this much sooner. Like, last week sooner. :lol:

Drivatars have disappeared from my game. I haven't seen any since starting the game last night and restarting hasn't helped.

Another annoying thing which might end up being a long-term deal breaker unless addressed. I cannot get the hang of car control. It's like cars have no weight when steering and this leads to a lot of swerving at the smallest input corrections with the stick. Ultimate drifts are actually easier to hold than just driving normally. I don't remember any recent Forza game having such arcade-esque and unrewarding car control.

any tips for leveling up fast in the beginning? been playing for almost 6 hours and still at level 14 lol. It's so slow to earn influences

Latest Posts

Back