Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
If you're trying to put the Pumpkin or Clown masks on your avatar and they aren't loading, remember to take off any glasses and/or moustaches you have on them.

Greaaat...

So I just did this week's Trial thing, and wow, what an apt name. First off, it's three cross country events in buggies - my least favourite event in probably my least favourite category. But I thought hey, might as well try it. I deliberately picked my Baja Bug because the Alumi Craft FE is unpredictable so the Bug was my second fastest, but it's stock so it was class A. The other players were in S1 and S2 buggies.

None of them could drive. Well, one of them could. I mean, if you've picked an S2 car so your teammates in class A cars don't stand a chance, you could at least try to place highly instead of dead last, you know?

So we lost all three races, it was a bad omen when I came second out of all the humans in the first race but I've never seen anything like it. The AI didn't help, though, I swear I saw one of them accelerate in mid-air which was quite impressive, in the second race they were constantly weaving like they were trying to catch a tankslapper, only they were managing to accelerate at the same time. It didn't matter though because I got the suit anyway.

To add insult to injury, those three races got me up to cross country 18, the prize for that was a super spin. I got 50k and an item of clothing.

Alfa Romeo Stelvio:
There is no off-road wide body. It is a small disappointment.
However, it is possible to install Ferrari's engine in this SUV.

Can-Am Maverick X Turbo R:
Fun and good buggy. Can be a good canvas than Ariel Nomad.
And this car is the first car in Forza history, it can paint up to the spring!
If you love the front mask like a predator, this buggy will be a good machine.

Did they update the livery mapping on the Unimog? Because I just found one like...this:
2437b7e3-6c0f-4985-aaf7-c0f05b8fdd19.PNG

I don't recall you ever being able to paint the big white shell thing.

It feels better then the Guila in this game which for some reason is way slower then it should be, handles well in winter with the right tyres as well.

Did they update the livery mapping on the Unimog? Because I just found one like...this:
2437b7e3-6c0f-4985-aaf7-c0f05b8fdd19.PNG

I don't recall you ever being able to paint the big white shell thing.
When I'm applying a vinyl to the white shell, I don't see anything on it. But when I look at my saved designs or in the garage menu, it shows the vinyl group completely covers the shell. But then when I'm driving it or looking at it in Forzavista or photo mode, I don't see it. I wonder if other people can see it, even if I can't?

Edit: and there are a lot of designs available that cover the shell.

Last edited:
Hmmm, why exactly does the Veloster N, a car developed on the Nurburgring, not have a race suspension upgrade and is instead stuck with only rally or drift?

My guess about Unimog shell:

Forza has several quality models. And as with 458 GTE in Forza Motorsport, there are several cars that have been confirmed to have different mappings in low quality models.
And in online mode the models of other players are displayed in low quality model. That is, in the screenshot of @CVPI93, it is possible that models with different mappings were displayed.
In other words, they may have intentionally degraded the image quality setting on the PC version, and displayed a low quality model and painted.

Note: I heard one method of painting shell from friends.
Download livery which has already been painted on shell from creative hub and apply it to Unimog.
And just reapplying your livery to that Unimog, we will be able to paint shell.

Last edited:
Greaaat...

So I just did this week's Trial thing, and wow, what an apt name. First off, it's three cross country events in buggies - my least favourite event in probably my least favourite category. But I thought hey, might as well try it. I deliberately picked my Baja Bug because the Alumi Craft FE is unpredictable so the Bug was my second fastest, but it's stock so it was class A. The other players were in S1 and S2 buggies.

None of them could drive. Well, one of them could. I mean, if you've picked an S2 car so your teammates in class A cars don't stand a chance, you could at least try to place highly instead of dead last, you know?

So we lost all three races, it was a bad omen when I came second out of all the humans in the first race but I've never seen anything like it. The AI didn't help, though, I swear I saw one of them accelerate in mid-air which was quite impressive, in the second race they were constantly weaving like they were trying to catch a tankslapper, only they were managing to accelerate at the same time. It didn't matter though because I got the suit anyway.

To add insult to injury, those three races got me up to cross country 18, the prize for that was a super spin. I got 50k and an item of clothing.

I've done that, picked an S2 car to guarantee that I beat everyone. Did that after someone else picked an S2 car and lost, so we had no chance. Not sure if it helps since that makes one opponent also S2, but I figure it helps the team if I can win at least.

The big problem are human teammates who just leave, or drift around, and come in last

Hmmm, why exactly does the Veloster N, a car developed on the Nurburgring, not have a race suspension upgrade and is instead stuck with only rally or drift?
I think it might come with race suspension stock. Not sure. Try seeing if you can adjust the spring rate and ride height on the stock suspension.

Could be roads leading into the two upcoming map expansions.

On another note I really wished they implemented proper units and measurements in photo mode, so it acts like an actual camera, instead of guessing what the sliding 0-100 scales mean.

My understanding is that the achievement counts roads differently than the ingame stat. Touching a road is good enough for the achievement but you have to drive the entire thing for the ingame stat to show it as driven.

I guess this winter season I NEED to get an R8 with a skibox. :) Any other supercars that can fit one?

On another note I really wished they implemented proper units and measurements in photo mode, so it acts like an actual camera, instead of guessing what the sliding 0-100 scales mean.
99% of my shots (i made +1500 so far) are made with only using 3 settings, with 2 or 3 typical values for each.
- Shutter Speed: either 0 or 8 (which i think is a sweet spot to blur wheels for a sense of speed without bluring everyting)
- Aperture: 0 or 10 or 15, depending of how i need to blur the background, higher values blurs the car
- Exposure: 54, or very high value for Night shot.
upload_2018-11-9_17-34-6.png

My understanding is that the achievement counts roads differently than the ingame stat. Touching a road is good enough for the achievement but you have to drive the entire thing for the ingame stat to show it as driven.
I made a game last year that uses the Google Achievement API. I had made my own stats tracking and internal achievement system, and when it came to communicate with the Google Achievement API, i choose to consider every achievement as non-progressive: a progressive achievement requires that the developper send progress to the centralized system by increment of values. This is convenient for developpers having no way of tracking values in their game, and convenient for users to have a progress bar in a centralized UI. But in my case it looked too prone to error to have two distinct counter, one of which you have limited control on.

As ofr FH4, the ingame counter counts road even if you're a bit away, i think it's based on a circular area around your car, the same that shows Boards on your map.

Last edited:
im annoyed, the Can-Am Maverick X Turbo R springs don't work correctly. Its just a spring model that doesn't flex. so it clips the rear trailing arm or whatever its called..

:ouch:

Which one? The Chesteron Wind Mill outside Broadway? I used the Koeniggsegg Regera. I got 1800 ft without much trouble.
Cant remember names, I use like the Ford mustang GT 965 or Ferrari and am short by 300 feet...To get 1800 feet you must be starting further back than I am, I will try it, thanks. Koeniggsegg Regerais under that name in the list of cars, under "K" ?

Cant remember names, I use like the Ford mustang GT 965 or Ferrari and am short by 300 feet...To get 1800 feet you must be starting further back than I am, I will try it, thanks. Koeniggsegg Regerais under that name in the list of cars, under "K" ?
Yes. And like @Kitten says, get the fastest car you've got. I start way back and am doing 250 mph by the time I hit the jump.

Could be roads leading into the two upcoming map expansions.

There are no roads leading into map expansions. All 531 roads are on the existing map, some of them are tiny slivers of road and hard to find.

Is this something that pops up later after you've done a few drag races?

It should be available even if you haven't unlocked the drag race itself, but I could be wrong.

Back