Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
PG has gifted everyone a Koenigsegg Regera in an ugly holiday sweater livery. :lol:
It wouldn't be Christmas without the crappy livery that is scrubbed the minute it gets near a paintbox.

Hey, Santa. Where's my Jesko?

Last edited:
So that's what's waiting in my mailbox in game, I'll take it I guess since I don't have one!

Quick question about Ranked Adventure, I completed my first races in this tonight and although I came last I got to Tier 12 in Season 30 and this is now gold on the Summer playlist, can I continue to rank this up or do I have to wait for Autumn season to start on Thursday to get more goodies?
Adventure is for the whole month. If you were last, your team maybe won?

Adventure is for the whole month. If you were last, your team maybe won?

Complete team loss, beaten 2-0 but I guess maybe because I didn't collide with anything or have any racing incidents might have caused the result, away to have another round now that I have finished eating.

Complete team loss, beaten 2-0 but I guess maybe because I didn't collide with anything or have any racing incidents might have caused the result, away to have another round now that I have finished eating.
So you raced with high ranks at least. I am not expert on adventure but only result counts AFAIK. You have one month now to improve your rank.

So you raced with high ranks at least. I am not expert on adventure but only result counts AFAIK. You have one month now to improve your rank.

Well hopefully that happens but it seems I may be 'stuck' at Tier 12 as had a team win after my last post but then didn't seem to get any points.

I will try it again after work tomorrow and see, is there any best recommended car for this mode as everyone seems to bring anything but I imagine you all have high speed tune setups?

Sure, it's very big topic and some racers are crazy good. Check the official forum for the best cars. Or you can just copy cars of the enemies, because many ppl will have the same fastest cars. I rather do hotlapping and PR stunts, adventure is great if you have time but I don't. But I should know a lot about the game and mechanics.

Hmm...problemo...

Adventure rank points are not progressing thus I am stuck on Tier 12 of the Online Adventure mode and appears to be a long running issue of the game since I saw it on list of known issues though it seems if I had a good race and it promotes me it still gives me the tier reward but any fixes you have all found for this?

Not too fussed but would have been nice to get the remaining unlocks!

Hmm...problemo...

Adventure rank points are not progressing thus I am stuck on Tier 12 of the Online Adventure mode and appears to be a long running issue of the game since I saw it on list of known issues though it seems if I had a good race and it promotes me it still gives me the tier reward but any fixes you have all found for this?

There's no fix at the moment, unfortunately. But than again it was really, really hard to progress in team adventure even when it worked. I don't know you could try Free For All. It worked for me at least.
The points distribution can be weird sometimes. You can earn 0 points even when winning if matched against weaker opponents. Or lose points even when finishing second if the winner is lower lv.
For me it was quite a grinding to reach lv9. At least 200 races...

Hmm...problemo...

As I know it's broken for many months. There's a long thread about it on official forum but I don't read it.

If you have Tier 12 you will get at the of the month rewards for Tier 12 and they are different every month and not much valuable. On start there was Capri FE for grandmasters :D

As I know it's broken for many months. There's a long thread about it on official forum but I don't read it.

If you have Tier 12 you will get at the of the month rewards for Tier 12 and they are different every month and not much valuable. On start there was Capri FE for grandmasters :D

Well I will give it another try tonight to see if I progress if not I'll leave it at Tier 12.

So to summarize I win points if I beat opponents of higher tier and I loose points equally if I loose to said higher tiers? I was with similar Tier 12 players so maybe that's why the bug happened. Will report in later after work!

This is already the third Christmas with FH4 and I'm still having tons of fun. Maybe because it's less competitive as the Motorsport game but I love the community in Horizon. The online part is really good nowadays and I'm enjoying it for the most part. And this year it's even more important to have at least a bit of fun here and there.
Merry Christmas to everybody.

I've wanted to play this game for the past two years, and since the closest alternative on PS4 is, well... The Crew 2, I haven't been able to fill that void. So I finally bought a cheap Xbox One on ebay and I can't wait to a really-good-non-sim-racing game. I love hardcore sims, but I desperately need something slightly less serious in a nice open-world setting.

I've wanted to play this game for the past two years, and since the closest alternative on PS4 is, well... The Crew 2, I haven't been able to fill that void. So I finally bought a cheap Xbox One on ebay and I can't wait to a really-good-non-sim-racing game. I love hardcore sims, but I desperately need something slightly less serious in a nice open-world setting.
It has very good tarmac physics (like Motorsport) so change from sim is not bad at all because you can use the same skill.

It has very good tarmac physics (like Motorsport) so change from sim is not bad at all because you can use the same skill.
Right, I like the whole spectrum of racing games, so it's not to say there aren't good open world arcade racers on PS4, but I want something that still has the nuance of actual driving.

I played the first Horizon when it came out and I really enjoyed it. Sim racing can get a bit stressful sometimes, but I still like that outlet of less-serious driving to unwind. I've sort of boxes myself in with sim racing where I only really like driving race cars on race tracks in a competitive environment.

But Forza Horizon has a big open world with hundreds of road cars to play with, and no competitive pressure, and I know they've only gotten better since the first one.

Well not sure if there's a bitch n'moan section for Forza but I just rage quit my first team adventure which probably means my team levelled I got to will presumably go down?

It was a very annoying instance in winter, I was leading the final race of a Team Adventure where the score was 2-2 between Blue and Red so anyone could have one and it was in winter and I was racing along fine but then I got to a corner where I am sure I made the checkpoint but the game said I missed and it kept respawning me AFTER the checkpoint I had missed so I lost so much time I quit!

I don't think I'll try this again in future seasons, I never seem to get put on the winning team...

On a more positive end hope everyone had a good Xmas!

If only I could get to 1000FPS this week.
There's always a way. Even without any FP you can get the 720 PO. But you do need to grind those Forzathon Live events.
Well not sure if there's a bitch n'moan section for Forza but I just rage quit my first team adventure which probably means my team levelled I got to will presumably go down?
I quit team adventure for different reasons but I feel your pain. My problem was the point distribution. I finished 10 races and gained 30 points somehow than disconnected and got penalized 20 points.
Now I'm doing only Free For All. But than again I don't care for points or rank anymore since the Star Card is completed already.

Right, I like the whole spectrum of racing games, so it's not to say there aren't good open world arcade racers on PS4, but I want something that still has the nuance of actual driving.

I played the first Horizon when it came out and I really enjoyed it. Sim racing can get a bit stressful sometimes, but I still like that outlet of less-serious driving to unwind. I've sort of boxes myself in with sim racing where I only really like driving race cars on race tracks in a competitive environment.

But Forza Horizon has a big open world with hundreds of road cars to play with, and no competitive pressure, and I know they've only gotten better since the first one.
Don't worry it's great. If you want more sim experience, use RWD only and something like stock cars. Good improvement is wet road because Horizon has higher grip.

No competitive pressure... it depends :D I played with my friend and we were beating each other in top 100 on PR stunts. It wasn't easy :D

What controller do you use?

Last edited:
Don't worry it's great. If you want more sim experience, use RWD only and something like stock cars. Good improvement is wet road because Horizon has higher grip.

No competitive pressure... it depends :D I played with my friend and we were beating each other in top 100 on PR stunts. It wasn't easy :D

What controller do you use?
Oh I plan to do a lot of multiplayer racing, but it's not going to stress me out the way GT Sport does occasionally haha. I just bought a cheap PDP wired controller because the console I bought isn't shipping with one.

I am so close to finally completing the Star Card. I am level four on tuning. Once I hit level 5, then everything will be complete and I will get a surplus Capri FE. I'm going to keep going though. There are chat phrases and clothing all the way up to level 16 on a couple of those, so that's my next goal.

PSA:

The Porsche 911 GT1 with rally suspension, all wheel drive, dirt tires, and maxxed out downforce is an absolute monster at dirt speed traps and speed zones - far far more capable than my previous dirt speed zone car, the Ford RS200. I just close my eyes and pretend its a factory pikes peak car, which actually seems plausible considering cars like the 959 Dakar. The crazy thing is that the car is barely less capable on-road, and the soft suspension makes it far more stable and easy to drive, I was able to 3-star some pavement zones too. It actually reminds me of the GT2-era Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak, a cheat-code car.

PS: Does anyone have a Porsche 906 they'd be willing to part with? I just cannot seem to acquire that car...

edit: To follow up on my previous posts about the 996 GT3 stability issue, I tried a few of the cars that had a higher proportion of front to rear downforce per that leaked attribute list. All of them did exhibit similar tendency, with the Peugeot probably being the worst with it's very short wheelbase. The 911 remains particularly bad though because it has ultra-fast steering and the rear weight bias really gets nasty when the rear end slips. I've found that rally suspension tends to slow down the steering and kind of puts suspension movement in slow motion (opposite of Race suspension which seems to give the front end a hyper-sensitivity, and the GT3 has race suspension standard), so I may try that next to see if it helps.

I've also noticed that there is a pretty noticeable amount of input lag specifically when using the cockpit view (dashboard view is better). When you turn on telemetry there is a not-small delay between control stick movement and steering results, I find the cockpit view much harder to drive in compared to FH3.

Last edited:
I wonder if the oversteer issue is the cause of other vehicles having a strange knack for the rear end sliding out on corners. The normal Ford Bronco and Land Rover Defender seem to not have any rear grip to the point where you sometimes fall off the road butt first.

Back