Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
C8 handling is excellent and it gets the power down efficiently, but for aimless crusing it feels kinda joyless. For now I’ve decided to blame the gear ratios, because spirited driving always seems to be at odds with the RPMs.

A few people who have known to leak things Xbox related before are claiming a Hot Wheels expansion is coming to FH4 at some point

Will be interesting to see if this is actually true.

There were rumors of a Goodwood FOS themed expansion/DLC coming to the game too, and that never came to be...

A few people who have known to leak things Xbox related before are claiming a Hot Wheels expansion is coming to FH4 at some point

Will be interesting to see if this is actually true.

It could be the rest of the Hot Wheels expansion we got in FM7:
1969 Hot Wheels Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe 50th Anniversary
1970 Hot Wheels Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 50th Anniversary
1963 Hot Wheels Volkswagen Beetle 50th Anniversary
Maybe the Hot Wheels driver suits we got in FM7, too.

There were rumors of a Goodwood FOS themed expansion/DLC coming to the game too, and that never came to be...
True.

This guy is also saying the same thing. I remember that name cause he was accurate in predicting on a few things FH4 related before it was revealed on ResetERA (that is was in Britain, House ownership being a thing, Horizon life etc)

And that would be so cool to have in a game like Horizon.
I speculated a lot of that kind of themed expansion long time ago when i saw the Napier-Railton as leaked car hoping that one with a bunch of supercars (Valkyrie and Project One AMG anyone?) would be the DLC cars.

Last edited:
A general question on car mastery.

Each week I pick a low Class car, low speed (that is unlikely to appear in Seasonal Events or Forzathon) and run it in some races until I complete the perks list for that car.

Apart from, that is, the perk bottom right on every car "Extra Life" that costs 25 points.

Other than the actual named benefit that you avoid losing skills on collision, is there any other benefit to buying this on a car?

Obviously you cannot "complete" a car without it, but it seems extremely expensive for what it is? Nothing else costs more than 10 points.

Does it affect any stats anywhere, for example (that would add value to it) or increase level up of something?

Otherwise, at the moment I am just going to keep buying all the other perks on a car when I drive it and leaving the 25 points for something else more useful (I.e. perks on the next car I pick to drive).

Last edited:
It's completely useless but it's tied to skill points you can gain. I don't care about them at all. If you need many skill points, drifting around Edinburgh is good way because you don't even know and have max points fast.

Ok I just came across a cheater in Ranked Adventure and not just your normal cheater either.

No this guy brought an Atomic Punk to a CC adventure and was using a mod to give his car a burst of speed whenever he wanted.

It wasn’t lag either as I saw his A Class AP yeet it’s way halfway up the mountain in a free roam rush. :crazy:

I recorded a few examples via Xbox, but I can’t post them here from Xbox DVR for some reason.

If the HW expansion rumors are true, I hope that this time almost all expansion cars will be added to the autoshow, or after unlocked to be added to the autoshow like FM1 and FM2.

My biggest common complaint with the two FH4 expansions was that so many cars were locked behind challenges compared to traditional expansions, and even if I achieved them, they weren't added to the auto show, making it impossible for me to get more than one of those cars until someone sold them on AH.

Since I prefer to own multiple cars that I like and enjoy them in different tunes and livery, I find these styles common to FH4 expansions to be very annoying...

Each week I pick a low Class car, low speed (that is unlikely to appear in Seasonal Events or Forzathon) and run it in some races until I complete the perks list for that car.

Apart from, that is, the perk bottom right on every car "Extra Life" that costs 25 points.

Other than the actual named benefit that you avoid losing skills on collision, is there any other benefit to buying this on a car?

Obviously you cannot "complete" a car without it, but it seems extremely expensive for what it is? Nothing else costs more than 10 points.

Does it affect any stats anywhere, for example (that would add value to it) or increase level up of something?

Otherwise, at the moment I am just going to keep buying all the other perks on a car when I drive it and leaving the 25 points for something else more useful (I.e. perks on the next car I pick to drive).

It only does what it says - giving the skill chain an extra life. Definitely expensive, but also convenient when aiming for a massive skill score.

I think it's actually the single most beneficial perk to have. Without it, each time you have a colllision, the skill chain is lost. With it, you get to keep the skill chain going through the first collision. I suspect this is probably worth around 10k skill points per event that you're competing in, and as @Nielsen says, it can be invaluable if you're trying to amass a big skill score.

Worth checking in the weekly Forzathon if there is a skill score requirement, because it can help you amass that score much sooner.

Finally got my C8 Vette. Now it's either I make a Racing Team Solvalou livery on it or wait for someone to make it.
After reading it I was really tempted to make that livery, but Forza is such a pain when creating logos so I quit that idea pretty soon. However I found this user Son Chaeyoung and he has all the decals you need for that livery.
Someone may also make it before you do... it's hard it happen, imo. Most of RR4 players ether stopped playing games or are more into sim racing.

After reading it I was really tempted to make that livery, but Forza is such a pain when creating logos so I quit that idea pretty soon. However I found this user Son Chaeyoung and he has all the decals you need for that livery.
Someone may also make it before you do... it's hard it happen, imo. Most of RR4 players ether stopped playing games or are more into sim racing.
What is also a pain is that if you create a livery with custom decals, you can't share them, unlike in Gran Turismo, where you can still share liveries with custom decals downloaded in-game.

What is also a pain is that if you create a livery with custom decals, you can't share them, unlike in Gran Turismo, where you can still share liveries with custom decals downloaded in-game.

Yeah, GT might have been (really, really) late to the livery editor party but, metaphorically speaking, they brought a keg of the hippest, tastiest craft beer around while Forza brought a six-pack of spiked tap water.

I love the current style with the Forza style editor on the contrary.

(Warning: Complaints and whining about GTS-style editors)
I have used Illustrator at work, but creating my usual livery in this software would probably be even more stressful and painful than it is now.
And most importantly, Forza and NFS style editors should be complete in game.
If I try to create vinyl comfortably in the GTS editor, you will continue to pay expensive subspriction to Adobe. (I know and have used Inkscape, but this software is vastly inferior to Illustrator, and not nearly as comfortable)
If you only use svg downloaded from the internet or auto-trace quality decal, GTS is definitely the best. However, I do not like the "pay to good livery" system.

And as a general rule, it also reassures me that the shared livery and vinyl groups are protected.
Of course, when I share something, I also want it to be used by as many people as possible, and this is especially true for logos.

However, I have seen many livery and vinyl groups unlocked using cheats and glitches throughout Forza's history, and many cheaters who have degraded such stolen livery to bad taste. (Like after Samantha's civic in NFSU1 was stolen by a junkman)

Of course, it's the cheaters that are at fault, not the system. But these experiences have traumatized me and are the reason why I feel secure in being protected.

...Well, as I said, Forza is not a safe place either. Especially after FH3.

Last edited:
Got the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray, and painted it in Chevy's Supersonic Blue!

ATpj3mC.png

H9neI6s.png

aSQvlQQ.png

I love the current style with the Forza style editor on the contrary.

(Warning: Complaints and whining about GTS-style editors)
I have used Illustrator at work, but creating my usual livery in this software would probably be even more stressful and painful than it is now.
And most importantly, Forza and NFS style editors should be complete in game.
If I try to create vinyl comfortably in the GTS editor, you will continue to pay expensive subspriction to Adobe. (I know and have used Inkscape, but this software is vastly inferior to Illustrator, and not nearly as comfortable)
If you only use svg downloaded from the internet or auto-trace quality decal, GTS is definitely the best. However, I do not like the "pay to good livery" system.

And as a general rule, it also reassures me that the shared livery and vinyl groups are protected.
Of course, when I share something, I also want it to be used by as many people as possible, and this is especially true for logos.

However, I have seen many livery and vinyl groups unlocked using cheats and glitches throughout Forza's history, and many cheaters who have degraded such stolen livery to bad taste. (Like after Samantha's civic in NFSU1 was stolen by a junkman)

Of course, it's the cheaters that are at fault, not the system. But these experiences have traumatized me and are the reason why I feel secure in being protected.

...Well, as I said, Forza is not a safe place either. Especially after FH3.

I am not familiar with the GTS editor, since I do not have a PlayStation. I do understand that it allows import of externally-generated vector graphic files, though. I do not see why both models could not be supported. The constructive geometry elements in Forza are basically just simple scalable vector shapes. An imported SVG would simply be handled equivalently to a third-party vinyl group, as an opaque element that could not be edited in-game, only positioned, scaled and rotated. The external vector editors allow for a much higher level of precision and detail, and are much more flexible with features like gradients. The constructive geometry elements are good for less complex or quick-and-dirty applications, but as playable resolutions are increasing, the limitations of the constructive geometry primitives are starting to show.

I wouldn't hold your breath about HW 2.0. Yes, Super7 may have been a good tease, but what else could they do?

New cars mentioned in the files:
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator
- 1960 Porsche 356 RSR Emory
- 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk (has a "HW" suffix but I can't find any evidence of a Hot Wheels version)

Also the RAESR Tachyon has had references to some audio files in one of the XMLs for ages, they didn't exist until the most recent update, so that might be coming soon.

Last edited:
It could just be that the general theme will be based around Lexus. The fact that it says "Presented By The New 2021 IS" and not "Win The New 2021 IS" leads me to think its marketing spin.

But you never know.

Last edited:
Back