Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Granted, it's far from stock so the licensing situation is probably a lot different but...I do hope the Studebaker roadster thingy opens the door to the inclusion of more Studes like the Avanti and the '53 Starliner in future Forzas.

I'm looking forward to the HW Car Pack.
However, there is one thing I am worried about.
Which category of car will the International Loadstar be?
If this car is in the Trucks category, it will probably be the car that destroys races in this category. Because this car clearly looks like a better handling car than the other Truck.

Rod and Custom or Truck? That's my only concern.

I'm looking forward to the HW Car Pack.
However, there is one thing I am worried about.
Which category of car will the International Loadstar be?
If this car is in the Trucks category, it will probably be the car that destroys races in this category. Because this car clearly looks like a better handling car than the other Truck.

Rod and Custom or Truck? That's my only concern.

My guess is Rod & Custom, which is probably where all of the Hot Wheels cars will end up. I think, with the exception of the Rip Rod and the Mustang, all of the current HW cars are in that category.

Did they say if it's going to be included in the car pass? IIRC there's still one car pack to be included in it.
Nope, its $10. We aren't owed any additional car packs for the car pass.

Edit: Apologies for the double post. One reply popped up while I was typing the other one.

Last edited:
I also heard the game is also coming to Steam.

From what they said on the update stream, savegames won't carry over from the MS Store version to Steam, which is disappointing. I suspect / hope there might be a way to do it unofficially though.

Heard that you have to pay for the Hot Wheels Legends Car Pack, no matter the edition of FH4 you have. A bit disappointed about that, as I have the Ultimate Edition.

Not sure if it's a smart move to put Horizon to Steam if you can already get it from the MS Store...

There's already a few Xbox Games Studios titles on Steam including Halo MCC so the move kind of makes sense if MS want to expand to as much of an audience as possible.

What would be not smart about it? More places available means more people to see it and buy it. Sounds good to me.

Increase the playerbase and its a move by Microsoft to show how they are going to start diversifying how they distribute games and services. Sticks it to Sony in a way.

I didn't know there were other MS games on Steam. Makes a bit more sense now.

Several are on Steam now:
Halo MCC
Grounded
Sea of Thieves and soon Forza

Last edited:
Since the livestream showed interior shots of all six cars, I thought I’d share them for people who missed it.

1972 Chevy LUV

1957 Nash Metropolitan “Nashole”

1957 Studebaker Dream Roadster

1969 International-Harvester Loadstar C1600

1949 Ford F5 Dually

2018 2JetZ

Last edited:
I might just go "why not" and buy FH4 for a second time on Steam when it hits sale price, just to have an excuse to go through the career all over again. (Assuming there's some other advantages to playing it on Steam and a reasonable price point for an Ultimate Edition.)

I might just go "why not" and buy FH4 for a second time on Steam when it hits sale price, just to have an excuse to go through the career all over again. (Assuming there's some other advantages to playing it on Steam and a reasonable price point for an Ultimate Edition.)

My question is if the Steam version will start from scratch as far as prior exclusives go or are people going to miss out because they didn't start from Day one on Xbox or the MS Store?

My question is if the Steam version will start from scratch as far as prior exclusives go or are people going to miss out because they didn't start from Day one on Xbox or the MS Store?
You still have to sign into an Xbox Live account for Halo, so I suspect that the cloud save will transfer.

I wonder if the Steam version of FH4 will remain available for years to come, and not suffer the “sunsetting” fate having affected previous Forza titles distributed digitally by Microsoft only. Even FH3 is already buried, and FH4 really deserves a better long term fate.

Back