Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,299 comments
Having bikes, boats, and planes is one of the main draws of The Crew 2... And I think its high time that FH considers street/motocross bikes at least.

FH5 Release Notes: January 31st, 2023​

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

Series 17 “Japanese Automotive” Release Notes

New Features

• "Car Park" Event Lab Prop Pack introducing 57 new props with certain pieces featuring the Snapping functionality and a selection of colors
  • Lucky Cat Collectible in the Winter “Dry” season
  • Evolving World Japanese Stone Lantern
  • "Catch Me If You Canyon" Showcase Remix: "A Twist of Freight"
  • 1 Japanese Automotive Accolade
Unlockable Cars 

• New To Forza
  • 2023 Nissan Z
  • 1965 Toyota Sports 800
  • Returning To Forza
  • 1995 Toyota MR2 GT
  • 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Car Customization

23 New To Forza Japanese Branded Car Rims:

5Zigen

• 5ZR Copse
  • Becketts MK6
  • D-Force RSX-6
  • FireballRR
  • Heidfeld
  • Heidfeld Mesh
  • Hyper 5ZR
  • ProRacer Z1
  • ProRacer ZR5-F
  • Sports Engine SC3000
Advan

• AVS Model 6
  • RCIII
  • RG-D2
  • RS-DF
  • RSII
  • RZ-F2
  • Super Advan SA3R
  • TC-4
Enkei

• TM7
  • TS-10
  • TSV
  • VR5
Gram Lights

• 57BNA
PC Improvements

• Added visual preset support for Intel ARC Series GPUs
Bug fixes

General

• Fixed an issue with Horizon Promo List where an incorrect version of the Mercedes-AMG One was displayed
  • Fixed an issue where some veteran players were receiving Barn Find Gift meant to be delivered to new players
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars

• Fixed an issue with the 1992 Honda NSX-R where livery was misaligned when the Rocket Bunny wide body kit was applied
  • Fixed an issue with 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R rear license plate which was blacked out when Rocket Bunny wide body kit was applied
  • Fixed an issue with the 2003 Nissan Z Fairlady where diver hands were not holding the steering wheel correctly
  • Fixed an issue with the 2005 BMW E46 M3 where the roll cage was not visible when applying the Rocket Bunny wide body kit
  • Fixed an issue with the 2005 Subaru WRX STi Front Forza Street and Race bumpers which were appearing to be each other
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 Lamborghini Siàn Roadster where the cockpit display was showing an 8th gear while being in 7th
Fn0JyzRaUAAr-UM

Last edited:
I saw this comment on twitter somewhere but I thought it was worth repeating..

Don't you think it's weird that we are 14-15 months into the games life cycle and we still haven't received all the content of the Super Mega Ultimate Edition that was promised? That's actually a really long time to wait, especially for the content PG would have planned out when doing the roadmap for FH5.

Like I'm struggling to think of a game that has taken this long to deliver all of it's promised content.

Look at Grid Legends, that's released and released 4 DLC packs before PG has been able to finish both expansions. (Different games but you get my point)

Just strange it's taking this long.

Perhaps its related to another product tie-in that's waiting a reveal or something (Fast & Furious 10 anyone?)

I just want an announcement soon so my curiosity can be killed and that can move on to what is/isn't in Forza Motorsport 🤣
I think Playground has been planning for a longer life cycle for this game than in the past and spacing out the expansions appropriately. Planning for a longer life cycle makes sense given the three-year cycle between FH4 and FH5 and assuming that Playground are still working on Fable 4, that development has been going smoothly for it, and if we can expect news including a release date for Fable later this year.

Last edited:
I don't know if Motorfest could be a success given online-only racers are commonplace. Especially with TC2 still getting some support. I may try it if it does come out.

If they do, then PG has some serious competition alongside TDU Solar Crown (if that game gets decent reviews).

Playground wouldn't even be crying anyway since FH5 is, one of many reasons, playable offline. The Crew 2 is DRM-based, and there's a very high chance Motorfest will also a DRM-based game, meaning it will only be playable online.

Last edited:
Anyone else got borked street races (showing the Road Racing checkpoints instead of red smoke, no purple smoke end checkpoint) and incorrect number of Accolades showing in the Horizon Baja Outpost (shows 19/24 on the main map, and obviously 24/24 on the Accolades screen) after the update?

Wow, most of the new wheels have terrible offsets and look really weird/low quality, like they were made for FM2 and shelved for 15 years...

No aero parts on the 400z.
Not surprising if we guess when they started working on the modeling.
Perhaps the Rocket Bunny widebody kit will be added in an update.

Hopefully they will fix many of the rims that were added at that time.
The ADV.1 rims were well done on the added rims, but many of the rims added this time are of poor quality, as if they were imported from FM4.

Found new upcoming Horizon Stories after the update. Coming from story dialogue string. This one is interesting i should say.

The file only mentioned the name as HAD (probably short for Horizon A.... Drag). As the name suggest Drag Race will be its main objectives. Here's what i manage to find from the dialogue strings.
  • The story revolves around Alejandra and Papa Fernando Vocho El Gigante 68 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • Player will be drag racing cars from various eras
  • New drag racing system, using "drag zone traffic lights" according to the dialogue
  • There will be some sort of marked box as start area
  • Stop for 3 seconds, the lights will be active, wait till the green light up and the race begins
  • The light will cycle again if you missed it
  • The drag race are also available as normal race
  • Few new cars-ish specifically mentioned on the dialogues
    • Rimac Nevera (Rimac C_Two production model)
    • Lamborghini Huracan STO (we already have two versions)
    • Camaro Pro Stock (specific year not mentioned)

I'll include the files if you want to read all the dialogues

Attachments

• nevera.png
    nevera.png
    24 KB · Views: 30
  • pro stock and nevera.png
    pro stock and nevera.png
    11 KB · Views: 30
  • Dialogue_HAD.txt
    51.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Found new upcoming Horizon Stories after the update. Coming from story dialogue string. This one is interesting i should say.

The file only mentioned the name as HAD (probably short for Horizon A.... Drag). As the name suggest Drag Race will be its main objectives. Here's what i manage to find from the dialogue strings.
  • The story revolves around Alejandra and Papa Fernando Vocho El Gigante 68 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • New drag racing system, using "drag zone traffic lights" according to the dialogue
  • Stop for 3 seconds, the lights will be active, wait till the green light up and the race begins
    • Camaro Super Stock (specific year not mentioned)

funny thing is they have pretty significant things lined for the game including the eliminator duos, the 3 barn finds, donut pt2, test track, taxi, some unexplained symbols and of course expansion 2. They could space out big features every 4 or 5 months but its been like 8 months since the last big update. The only themed camaro that leaked so far is the Pro Stock, but if it mention SuperStock by name then it could be any year

Last edited:
funny thing is they have pretty significant things lined for the game including the eliminator duos, the 3 barn finds, donut pt2, test rack, some unexplained symbols and of course expansion 2. They could space out big features every 4 or 5 months but its been like 8 months since the last big update. The only themed camaro that leaked so far is the Pro Stock, but if it mention SuperStock by name then it could be any year
Sorry i mean camaro pro stock, not super stock.

The Huracan STO is the fourth most requested car now that the Sian has been added, so would be a welcome addition.

Though the Nevera is nowhere to be found in the request list, but it makes sense they're adding the production version.

If only they'd remember about the Q60 and its production version, which would've been perfect for the current update...

Anyway, here's the list of the top 20 most requested cars on the forums as of now, with the Sian and Z removed from it:

• Nissan Tsuru 1992 - 2017
  • Mercedes SLR McLaren 2004-2013
  • Toyota Yaris 2020-current (Gen4)
  • Lamborghini Huracan STO 2020-current
  • Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series 2021-current
  • Gumpert Apollo 2005-2012
  • Koenigsegg Gemera 2020-current
  • Toyota GR86 2021-current
  • Maserati MC20 2020-current
  • Toyota Chaser (X100) 1996-2001
  • Nissan 300ZX (Fairlady Z31) 1983-1989
  • Toyota Altezza RS200 2004-2005
  • Volkswagen W12 concepts 1997-2001 (Nardo, Synchro)
  • Ferrari Roma 2020-current
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia 2019-current
  • Bugatti Bolide 2020-current
  • Ram 1500 2018-current
  • Mazda Furai 2008-2008
  • Suzuki Cappuccino 1991-1998
  • De Tomaso Pantera 1980-1989

Since the Gulia being added is unlikely, removing it would add the Kia Stinger to the list as the 20th most requested car.

If we remove returning cars (SLR, Gumpert, Altezza, Furai, Pantera, Gulia/Stinger) then these cars would move up on the list:

• Volkswagen Golf Mk8 2020-current
  • Audi A6 / S6 / RS6 (C8) 2019-current
  • Aston Martin Valkyrie 2018-current
  • Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R 1995-1995
  • Dacia Sandero 2020-current (Gen3)
  • Renault Espace F1 1995

Since the Mustang would be returning, removing it would add the Lexus LC to the list of new to Forza most requested cars.

Overall, all the cars on this list are awesome and are long overdue to be added, hopefully expansion 2 will add some of them.

Anyway, this was me procrastinating at work, hope you found this insightful at least even a bit, much love to all of y'all.

Last edited:
The Huracan STO is the fourth most requested car now that the Sian has been added, so would be a welcome addition.

Though the Nevera is nowhere to be found in the request list, but it makes sense they're adding the production version.

If only they'd remember about the Q60 and its production version, which would've been perfect for the current update...

Anyway, here's the list of the top 20 most requested cars on the forums as of now, with the Sian and Z removed from it:

• Ram 1500 2018-current
  • Mazda Furai 2008-2008

Since the Gulia being added is unlikely, removing it would add the Kia Stinger to the list as the 20th most requested car.

If we remove returning cars (SLR, Gumpert, Altezza, Furai, Pantera, Gulia/Stinger) then these cars would move up on the list:

• Renault Espace F1 1995

Since the Mustang would be returning, removing it would add the Lexus LC to the list of new to Forza most requested cars.

Overall, all the cars on this list are awesome and are long overdue to be added, hopefully expansion 2 will add some of them.

Anyway, this was me procrastinating at work, hope you found this insightful at least even a bit, much love to all of y'all.
Honestly not a bad list, I expected worse from the Forza forums. I'd love to see the Chaser, it's a relatively popular JDM/drift car yet AFAIK it's never been in a mainstream game yet outside of a couple GT games. Dacia would be fun too.

The Espace F1 and Nardo concepts are a bit of a pipedream; VW probably wouldn't let them near the Nardos to scan, and IIRC the Espace doesn't even really exist anymore, not even in a neutered form like the Supervan 3. Not to say I wouldn't love to see them, but I just think they'd never make it. The Furai doesn't exist either anymore, but they at least have the Forza 3/4 model they can fall back on.

Edit: Maybe there is hope for the Espace after all. After a quick Google search, apparently the running version is still kept around by Matra. I read it was disassembled years ago, but I maybe got it mixed up with something else.

Last edited:
The Espace F1 and Nardo concepts are a bit of a pipedream; VW probably wouldn't let them near the Nardos to scan, and IIRC the Espace doesn't even really exist anymore, not even in a neutered form like the Supervan 3. Not to say I wouldn't love to see them, but I just think they'd never make it. The Furai doesn't exist either anymore, but they at least have the Forza 3/4 model they can fall back on.

Edit: Maybe there is hope for the Espace after all. After a quick Google search, apparently the running version is still kept around by Matra. I read it was disassembled years ago, but I maybe got it mixed up with something else.
There were two Espace F1s made, one is still owned by the Matra Museum, and appeared at a car show as recently as 2021, and is still part of the permanent collection of the museum. The other one is in a Renault factory in Flins, but it's a static model. If they get approval from Renault/Matra they could scan the car at least. For sound they might have to go look for an old F1 car though.

• Camaro Pro Stock (specific year not mentioned)

Drag DLC????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230201-092103.png
    Screenshot_20230201-092103.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 15

• Ram 1500 2018-current
  • Mazda Furai 2008-2008

• Renault Espace F1 1995

Nooooooooo, where's the Weismann MF5? I'm gutted.

I have never encountered something as fundamentally frustrating as the Oreo promotion interface.

Drag DLC? If that's driving cars in full drag gear along Brighton seafront whilst drinking non-alcoholic Babycham then I'm in. Honestly I've had some great nights out drinking with Queens in various cities. No egos involved just a bloody good laugh.
A RuPaul's Drag Race collaboration update where you have to modify cars until they reach a required "slay rating" ala NFSU2 star rating and then take them "drag racing" where you have to perform various skills to the most famous lipsyncing songs including a new online battle mode where you can challenge players.

Ru and some of the most famous queens will be added as characters to the game to feature in the new "The Fierce and The Fabulous" story where you try and become the ultimate Hoerizon Queen, as well as a new radio station "Sass FM" featuring songs by Ru, other queens and some of the most iconic drag community anthems too.

Last edited:
A RuPaul's Drag Race collaboration update where you have to modify cars until they reach a required "slay rating" ala NFSU2 star rating and then take them "drag racing" where you have to perform various skills to the most famous lipsyncing songs including a new online battle mode where you can challenge players in the new mode.

Ru and some of the most famous queens will be added as characters to the game to feature in the new "The Fierce and The Fabolous" story where you try and become the ultimate Hoerizon Queen, as well as a new radio station "Sass FM" featuring songs by Ru, other queens and some of the most iconic drag community anthems too.

Okay, you know what, I don't care how ridiculously improbable any of it sounds. I'm game for this. I'll take off the racing suit and helmet if I can make my avatar wear a frou-frou dress, a matching scarf, and an explosively fabulous wig. If they're gonna give us character customization in a racing game - go all the way, I want that kind of hilarity. I'll do it, I'll be the best GTPlanet Drag Queen of 2023.

As an added bonus, nobody will be able to say drag racing is boring now.

Latest Posts

Back