Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,358 comments
I've been having a late night in FH5, no work until 1030 tomorrow.

Oh dear God, the Eventlab is poor this week in my opinion. It's hard to figure out where you're going in the first half, and at about 50% it even messes up the check points for a short while.

I enjoyed the Overlanding, it was a nice tranquil experience. Having said that I hope we get at least one or two with challenging terrain, not full on rock crawling but just some approaches or descents you need to think about.

The Deberti 250 is nice. Only put the Overlanding Bodykit on it so far but I have painted it orange with yellow low lights and it looks good. The Bodykit looks good on it and it goes well enough off road.

I haven't tried the EV Hummer yet, I need to bring myself to do so. I really have no love for the Hummer.

Anyway enough of my ramblings friends. Goodnight and sleep well everyone.😴😴😴

Oh dear God, the Eventlab is poor this week in my opinion. It's hard to figure out where you're going in the first half, and at about 50% it even messes up the check points for a short while.

Funnily enough I quite liked it - nice change to have something that makes use of the map contours rather than just a load of floating platforms with bumps and edges to catch the car on (like last week with a jump into a kerb with a high enough lip to stop a 935 dead). I wasn't driving anything too fast though, so it was easier wrangling it through the turns to spot where I was going next, and I didn't have any checkpoint issues other than going a bit wide before a hairpin.

Had a go with the Hummer EV in the rivals event and wow it is quite the boat, top 5% rivals time (for now) though. You definitely feel the weight of the thing.

Its a bummer that the Formentor isn't fully modeled but neither is the Deberti Ford Super Duty F-250 that became available today. Hopefully the F-150 and S-10 will be fully modeled. It would be nice if they would make some cars fully modeled via updates but it only happened once when they made 2021 Ford Bronco fully modeled via an update. Also even though the Audi lineup is great we still could need a first generation TT.

like last week with a jump into a kerb with a high enough lip to stop a 935 dead
You too? I was going to post about that but didn't think anyone would believe me.

Had a go with the Hummer EV in the rivals event and wow it is quite the boat, top 5% rivals time (for now) though. You definitely feel the weight of the thing.
It's a massive pile of garbage, quite literally. Gross.

I didn't mind the Hummer; quite floaty in the corners of course but that goes for most of the SUVs and pick-ups.

In the last 3 to 4 days this car has had all of it's 299 uses from only 2 downloads.
72b33f5f-7089-4b64-8e96-2ea7a78ad066.png

It's got me over the line for 1000 uses for the accolade. Just strange so many uses in so few days from only 2 user's. I'm happy though.

Hey all,

Were the graphics improved on PC with the latest update? I made no changes to graphical settings or drivers and the game in general looks sharper, head/tail lights look more detailed and reflections seem nicer.

This weeks rivals event are bugged, they say the rewards are 3 points, but they only give you 1 point.
I play on Xbox One X

I've been having a late night in FH5, no work until 1030 tomorrow.

I enjoyed the Overlanding, it was a nice tranquil experience. Having said that I hope we get at least one or two with challenging terrain, not full on rock crawling but just some approaches or descents you need to think about.

The Deberti 250 is nice. Only put the Overlanding Bodykit on it so far but I have painted it orange with yellow low lights and it looks good. The Bodykit looks good on it and it goes well enough off road.

I haven't tried the EV Hummer yet, I need to bring myself to do so. I really have no love for the Hummer.

Anyway enough of my ramblings friends. Goodnight and sleep well everyone.😴😴😴
Yes, i gave up on it, at one point it refused to stop giving me missed checkpoint messages, especially at 48 % where there are 2 checkpoints right beside each other, which confuses the game, and the suggestive lane says you should go hard right, but you keep getting missed checkpoint messages, it`s bugged to craps sadly...
Suprised these challenges aren`t fully tested before being released, it would save many players ( including me ) from irritation and anger.

This weeks rivals event are bugged, they say the rewards are 3 points, but they only give you 1 point.
I play on Xbox One X
It's been like this for some time. The rivals events used to reward 4 points for each week, but this was changed some time ago so that completing the Rivals events rewards 1 point for each week. Basically, you still get 4 points, but it's distributed evenly in the series now.

--------------------------------------------

As an aside, I actually really liked this weeks Eventlab. Since the first half is almost all on the water, that portion is basically one big drift run, which has been surprisingly fun to re-do in my various A800 off-road trucks. I do think it would've been interesting if there was one AI opponent, but given the layout and tightness of the track, I can also see this causing issues. "Control" by Mannequin P is also a very f

I also quite like the DeBerti F250. It's pretty quick for what it is (although 1st gear is very short), and while it is a bit floaty, it has a nice progressive loss of grip off-road, making it actually quite controllable when getting into a slide. Overall a very pleasant truck to drive.

Last edited:
Yes, i gave up on it, at one point it refused to stop giving me missed checkpoint messages, especially at 48 % where there are 2 checkpoints right beside each other, which confuses the game, and the suggestive lane says you should go hard right, but you keep getting missed checkpoint messages, it`s bugged to craps sadly...
Suprised these challenges aren`t fully tested before being released, it would save many players ( including me ) from irritation and anger.
They are events created by players. They are not released by devs. Also no matter what I do (missing check points, rewinding or going into deep water) this event works perfectly fine on my side. Anyway just out of curiosity try one of this codes:
111 144 754
835 788 060
489 173 875
They are the same events as the one on the playlist. If those are working fine then it is probably something PGG did or changed. If the bug is still there then I guess is not their fault.

@Edax 76 I'm not sure how uses are being counted but I had similar experience on some of my tunes. They only generated uses, so I deleted them thinking it was a bug. 😅

@Edax 76 I'm not sure how uses are being counted but I had similar experience on some of my tunes. They only generated uses, so I deleted them thinking it was a bug. 😅
It has slowed down in the last 24hrs a bit the uses. I wouldn't mind it happening again to be honest, I could use the help on my tunes and vinyls 😂😂😂.

Stumped on the Pathfinder though. Finding the first one is easy enough but nothing happens and no timer appears when I drive through the balloons at the start. How do I trigger it?

[EDIT] Oh wait... you have to pin the accolade first? OK...

Last edited:
Stumped on the Pathfinder though. Finding the first one is easy enough but nothing happens and no timer appears when I drive through the balloons at the start. How do I trigger it?

[EDIT] Oh wait... you have to pin the accolade first? OK...
You don't need to pin the accolade, or at least I didn't. I found the green balloons, followed the red ones to the end set of greens and it just popped. There's no timer, it just auto starts for you at the green balloons. You can drive the event entirely at your own pace.

You don't need to pin the accolade, or at least I didn't. I found the green balloons, followed the red ones to the end set of greens and it just popped. There's no timer, it just auto starts for you at the green balloons. You can drive the event entirely at your own pace.
Thanks. I thought I saw a timer when they were doing these in the ¡Let’s Go! stream but it looks like you have a generous ten minutes to complete each one according to the messages I pinned.

The clue about Mexico's biggest city is going to confuse pedants though...

Last edited:
Thanks. I thought I saw a timer when they were doing these in the ¡Let’s Go! stream but it looks like you have a generous ten minutes to complete each one according to the messages I pinned.
No worries bud. It's not very well explained in game at all. I just drove all 3 this week nice and slow in the Deberti 250. The balloons are a bit tricky to follow for the last event due to the trees but take your time and it's easy.

Enjoy 👍

Back