Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,301 comments
It's Le Mans season, so...

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE 2018 - 001.jpg

Livery isn't by me; the author is Dr Julls 42, share code is 133 719 234.

... OK, after suffering the frustration, iration and general botheration of countless rewinds and restarts I'm finally starting to despise cross-country events as much as everyone else seems to. Ramming the gutlessly cheating Extreme Es off the road eventually helped my Trailcat scrape a victory, but I really think this week's championship should've been entitled "Dune Looks Like A Maybe".

I'm happy to say it's possible to go into Playground Games, smash a load of stuff and then get out without starting a game without having to slog through three rounds of Capture The Flag to snag today's Messing Up The Place daily challenge though.

Last edited:
I personally think we're way overdue an update to the BBS, Enkei and Rays/Volk catalog over adding more Rotiforms and whatnot.
Agree, BBS and Rays are especially important.
They are two of the most important brands in aftermarket rims, yet they are not treated well in Forza.
And what is most unfortunate is that many of the rims from both of these brands are older models with roots in FM2/FM3, and most of them are ugly modeling that doesn't even resemble the real thing.

The problem is more serious when player like me who sometimes uses other players' livery, especially since BBS includes their logo on the presets aftermarket decals.
If the livery I like includes their logo, I am always torn between "bad modeling but relatively new rims" or "good modeling but too old rims. And it's for race cars", I'm torn between which rim is better to install.

Last edited:
I personally think we're way overdue an update to the BBS, Enkei and Rays/Volk catalog over adding more Rotiforms and whatnot.
This was due as far back as FM4, possibly earlier. The wheel selection in the FH titles has this very odd dichotomy of like early 2000s tuner wheels and stanceworks stuff. The selection of wheels you might genuinely put on a car for track or performance purposes, made after...like 2007...is almost zero. Why, honestly, is Rota represented in this game at all?

And yes, most of the BBS wheels are pretty poorly modeled.

I'm happy with the '86 F-150 overall, but I'm a little disappointed in the factory colors. Only two two-tones, and black, more gray, less gray, and white. I remember the '80s being a lot more colorful.

These are the 1986 F Series colors:
86f150colors.jpg

Last edited:
brb putting chicken tender rims on one of the only six original Shelby Daytona Coupes to ever exist

I like to think that, in Forza universe, someone had created a type of machine that clone a car sucessfuly 1:1 scale no matter how old it is, it just do it

Motor, parts and everything

Agree, BBS and Rays are especially important.
They are two of the most important brands in aftermarket rims, yet they are not treated well in Forza.
Licencing issues likely

Last edited:
I like to think that, in Forza universe, someone had created a type of machine that clone a car sucessfuly 1:1 scale no matter how old it is, it just do it

Motor, parts and everything
Speculative Forza Horizon lore can lead to some funny places. Not only does it take place in a utopia where traffic is always light and suspension technology has advanced to protect hypercars after making quarter-mile-long cliff jumps, but kit cars have evolved light years beyond the Fiero Countach monstrosities of old.

Speculative Forza Horizon lore can lead to some funny places. Not only does it take place in a utopia where traffic is always light and suspension technology has advanced to protect hypercars after making quarter-mile-long cliff jumps, but kit cars have evolved light years beyond the Fiero Countach monstrosities of old.
The Mexican farmer when he walks outside and sees all of his crops flattened by a Koenigsegg for the 7th time this year:

I‘m a bit late to the party when it comes down to the pathfinder trails. I just did the one from this week, but it seems I cannot do the one from last week anymore? (The Tulum trail) that’s a bit silly IMO, I can understand not getting the reward from last week anymore, but I can still select the accolade and track it, there are just no balloons at that starting point. :(

Other than the rear livery UVs being a bit scuffed, I really like this thing! I tried to line up the linework on the rear with the cab's rear linework, but it was shifted improperly so I decided to just leave that blank.

Attachments

• f983d720-c18e-4c47-867c-adab698c2115_1.png
    f983d720-c18e-4c47-867c-adab698c2115_1.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 7
A Fiero would be so cool. Give me more underpowered 80s American cars.
Why can I only "like" this forum once? I want to like this opinion 500 times.

Fiero, Daytona, Rampage, Probe, Charger, EXP... most of my favorite 80s models are not available in most racing games in this world, let alone Forza.
I think the current focus on 1980s pop culture, like Vaporwave craze, is a good time to shine a spotlight on these models.

The Mexican farmer when he walks outside and sees all of his crops flattened by a Koenigsegg for the 7th time this year:

Forza Horizon lore:
  • Everyone in traffic is a Horizon employee. Everything is magically repaired shortly after you break it because that's what the traffic NPCs do - patrol to fix the stuff Horizon drivers keep breaking.
  • Every racing event and EventLab track are canon the same way every Doom WAD is canon.
  • All of the countries and DLC worlds you visit are just playgrounds for racing. That's all they exist for. It's all cars all the way down.
  • The Horizon Festival actually spans the whole planet and is a mega-conglomerate that has enough resources to actually build that Hot Wheels heaven in the sky.
  • Papa Fernando is a local deity, pray to his altar or be forever punted off the checkpoint each week at the Trial.
  • Japan no longer exists, long stripped of its precious natural resources (Nissans, Mazdas, Toyotas, Subarus, Gran Turismo tracks in EventLab, etc.) for use in each Festival. That's why we're not getting Forza Horizon in Japan.

• Japan no longer exists, long stripped of its precious natural resources (Nissans, Mazdas, Toyotas, Subarus, Gran Turismo tracks in EventLab, etc.) for use in each Festival. That's why we're not getting Forza Horizon in Japan.
  • The remaining manufacturers hold a lottery every couple of years to sit out the Festival to save on precious resources and help save what's left of the planet. Usually it's only minor makes but Stellantis and Volkswagen are also previous winners.
  • The ghost of the Horizon 1 winner is doomed to haunt the Colorado festival for all time after his 599XX's brakes were sabotaged by Darius Flynt before handing it over and he crashed into the central divider on the freeway. 😱👻
  • Don Thompson had a torrid affair with fellow classical music aficionado Delores "Lola" Martín while on holiday in Mexico and his wife caught them in the act. RIP Don.
  • Countless time/space wormholes caused by Horizon players overusing the rewind function have made the weather and time of day permanently changeable, but only when you take a photo of your car.

Last edited:
  • Don Thompson had a torrid affair with fellow classical music aficionado Dolores "Lola" Martín while on holiday in Mexico and his wife caught them in the act. RIP Don.
No, no and thrice no my good friend. I refuse to believe in the untimely demise of the legend that is "The Don".

He shall return with his shiny wheels of classical steel to entertain us and soothe our aching ears as we traverse whatever future landscapes await us in our collective Horizon futures.

Viva la Don, he will return....

No, no and thrice no my good friend. I refuse to believe in the untimely demise of the legend that is "The Don".

He shall return with his shiny wheels of classical steel to entertain us and soothe our aching ears as we traverse whatever future landscapes await us in our collective Horizon futures.

Viva la Don, he will return....
Don was knocking on a bit. Perhaps he did a John Entwistle and passed away doing what he really loved. :P

I could be wrong though. Keep praying to Papa Fernando and maybe he'll be back. Or we could get that Italian guy though I think he ragequit after the drivers destroyed his home town in FH2.

Last edited:
Careful, now... I can hear Psycho violins playing while Mrs. Thompson stabs at your tyres with a pocket knife as her mind endlessly plays and replays that fateful evening when that shameless temptress, that brazen hussy Tía Lola cut in during the hotel party and asked "¿Señor Thompson... weel you dance with me?".

Hell hath no fury, as they say.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon lore:
  • Everyone in traffic is a Horizon employee. Everything is magically repaired shortly after you break it because that's what the traffic NPCs do - patrol to fix the stuff Horizon drivers keep breaking.
  • Every racing event and EventLab track are canon the same way every Doom WAD is canon.
  • All of the countries and DLC worlds you visit are just playgrounds for racing. That's all they exist for. It's all cars all the way down.
  • The Horizon Festival actually spans the whole planet and is a mega-conglomerate that has enough resources to actually build that Hot Wheels heaven in the sky.
  • Papa Fernando is a local deity, pray to his altar or be forever punted off the checkpoint each week at the Trial.
In the world of Horizon, the fuel crisis was solved several years ago as cars no longer need any.

The last known fuel station in existence was located in Australia and closed in late 2016.

In the world of Horizon, the fuel crisis was solved several years ago as cars no longer need any.

The last known fuel station in existence was located in Australia and closed in late 2016.
The Coober Pedy station probably went belly up once HorizonCorp worked out how to run cars on XP. What do you think's keeping that floating race track in the sky over Mexico? Or maybe they're fuelled by the hopes and dreams of people wishing for a Japan instalment... a near infinite power source.

Last edited:
Careful, now... Mrs. Thompson will be at your tyres with a pocket knife as her mind endlessly plays and replays that fateful evening when that shameless temptress Tia Lola cut in during the hotel party and asked "¿Señor Thompson... will you dance with me?". Hell hath no fury, as they say.
Mrs Thompson worries me not my friend. Last I heard she was seen in the back of a GMC Jimmy heading into Duna Blanca screaming "Faster, Faster", which was strange as the driver was already going very fast.

Everyone knows that the vehicles in Horizon run on the tears of kittens and baby donkeys. That petrol station in Australia only use to make it's money from selling shrimp and Kylie Minogue calenders.

Mrs Thompson worries me not my friend. Last I heard she was seen in the back of a GMC Jimmy heading into Duna Blanca screaming "Faster, Faster", which was strange as the driver was already going very fast.

Everyone knows that the vehicles in Horizon run on the tears of kittens and baby donkeys. That petrol station in Australia only use to make it's money from selling shrimp and Kylie Minogue calenders.
Sorry guys. It was me who bought all those calendars...
You should be so lucky ;)

Back