Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,301 comments
I've noticed that some of the cars still have the UK license plates. Are they still placeholders?
I can only imagine being able to change your own license plates into other states/countries, much like in PGR - hint there are some members from Bizarre Creations working within in PG hint šŸ˜‰

Though you could be right and that the plates are simply placeholders. :)

Well they've certainly stepped up on the engine sounds front. Bravo. Would've been just happy with redone engine sounds but gone one step further and made it changable depending on upgrade. Good stuff. Impressed

500 engine swaps sounds pretty neat and hoping there is more 'in the family' swaps like in older Forza Motorsport games where you could swap engines in between cars of a same make.

I'm not going to say it's not an improvement...clearly it is. But some things stood out to me as being...not great.

The Toyota 86/BRZ sounds like it has unequal length exhaust manifolds (like a Subaru WRX) which is not correct. Forza Horizon 3 sounded more accurate.

The F355 didn't sound that great either - sadly it also appears to use the same FM2-era model. :(

On the Monaro...I couldn't hear the supercharger at all - generally I'm not all that impressed with the audio changing with the modifications. Perhaps on some cars the sound change will be more pronounced (like the Supra they mentioned) but it sounds like canned audio effects on the Monaro.

I'm keen to hear how the cars sound in the interior view.

Its absolutely an improvement on FH4, but my feelings are mixed at this point. The Miura sounded the best and most nuanced to me. The Camaro also sounded pretty nice - a lot more character and spice than the same car in FH4.

Last edited:
The F355 didn't sound that great either - sadly it also appears to use the same FM2-era model. šŸ™

How did you detect this from a video and with a far away from the car camera ? Serious pls just wait and take a very close look ingame lol

The Toyota 86/BRZ sounds like it has unequal length exhaust manifolds (like a Subaru WRX) which is not correct.

You know that Forza has engine swaps do you ?

Last edited:
I donā€™t think these have been posted yet.
Edit: [Narrator]These have been posted already.[/Narrator]

Last edited:
The difference between Forza Horizon 4's engine notes and Forza Horizon 5 is night and day! Be mindful that I still have no idea how realistic these engine notes are actually supposed to be, but personally FH5's cars sound so much more pleasing and 'lively' to me. Apparently the convertibles in FH5 will have different engine note depending on whether the top is up or down as well, which should be interesting to hear.

November just can't come soon enough! I'm excited to see how much of these improvement will carry over to the Motorsport side of things as well.

I donā€™t think these have been posted yet.

@willbsn13 posted them on the previous page.

I hope they release a UHD b-roll like they did with previous instalments like 2. I guess a lot of developments may perhaps still be under wraps as they finalise things though so that may get in the way of things.

Last edited:
500 engine swaps sounds pretty neat and hoping there is more 'in the family' swaps like in older Forza Motorsport games where you could swap engines in between cars of a same make.
I just hope we get less V10 and V12 swaps and instead get more "believeable" ones. And if I want to do something stupid like put a rotary in an S-Chassis, give me more options than just the 787B 4 rotor!

I just hope we get less V10 and V12 swaps and instead get more "believeable" ones. And if I want to do something stupid like put a rotary in an S-Chassis, give me more options than just the 787B 4 rotor!
Agreed!
I love rotary engines, but the FH4 swap was a disaster.
The R26B is a great engine, but why are we only allowed to choose this engine? This engine has too much max power, and being a race engine, there are few upgrade options.
This makes it difficult to make PI adjustments, and once we choose this engine, it is almost impossible for us to use this rotary-powered car in any class lower than A class.

And most annoying of all is the fact that the 13B swap could not be done on Mazda cars like the MX-5 and RX-3, but could be done on cars from other manufacturers...

How'd this person find either of those? They're not on the Forza YT page.
If they're a fairly big streamer or YouTuber I imagine they'll have been sent the video clips way in advance so their video could be published as soon as the embargo lifted.

As for the sounds I really like most of them and the way they echo off the canyon walls sounds incredible. The only odd thing I noticed was that there seems to be a bit of a DSG "fart" noise when changing gears in the Golf R mix even though the one in the video is a manual.

Last edited:
Just saw the video of them recording cars for the game, can already tell that the sounds will be much better than Horizon 4, the sounds of most of the cars in that game were either unpleasant or horribly inaccurate Ferrari Enzo for example. Also love that they added changes to the car sounds from upgrades now, hopefully some cars can sound like their racing counterparts with enough upgrades Make a McLaren F1 sound like a F1 GTR with racing intake and exhaust for example that would be so sick.

Everyone: Doesnt that Camaro sound good.
Me: Ooh I like the new sound for the 3 wheeler Morgan šŸ˜
The Morgan and the Dodge Viper were the highlights for me. Also glad positional echoes are making a comeback.

I heard a rumour that the Forza sound team was poached away to Polyphony just before FH4 came out and left them with little time to organise an alternative audio crew. Not sure how much truth there is to this.

Doesn't necessarily mean we are getting a 90's Silverado in the game. But possibly used as reference for something that has a similar sound.
Looks like it is a 1/2 ton or light 3/4 ton, so it probably just has a small block V8, and I agree that it probably is just reference for a similar engine in a different vehicle.

So not only did we have to wait nearly a full day for no one reason at all, it doesn't even show everything. Where's the Miura, Huracan, Viper ACR, Golf R, Stratos, or the Project One?

How is the official video worse than what we've seen from third-party uploads? I hope it's a case of those being omitted because they're not final and still being developed.

As excited as I was to watch this month's interview, part of me hoped that the topic of "car audio" would've included a small preview, or even a hint, of radio stations (like telling us if we'll be getting a Mexican radio station). šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:
As excited as I was to watch this month's interview, part of me hoped that the topic of "car audio" would've included a small preview, or even a hint, of radio stations (like telling us if we'll be getting a Mexican radio station). šŸ˜Ž
The impression I get is that they're waiting until all the music licensing is clinched before discussing the soundtrack.

Going back to engine sounds Don Joewon Song has cooked up some FH4/FH5 comparisons for his latest video.

Last edited:
The backfire pops are so annoying. Overdue a replacement.
On the Monaro...I couldn't hear the supercharger at all - generally I'm not all that impressed with the audio changing with the modifications. Perhaps on some cars the sound change will be more pronounced (like the Supra they mentioned) but it sounds like canned audio effects on the Monaro.
It's great to see them make an effort, but I'm skeptical after the Monaro clip as well. The stock car seems to use the AMG 6.2L sound from FM5/FH2? Specifically the C63/SLS sample - a very beautiful sound, but using it on the Monaro just indicates more recycled sounds, without a care where they belong. The exhaust upgrades changed the engine note towards generic modern V8 samples we've heard before.

It begs the question why this car was picked to be shown, and more importantly, will this be yet another Forza where the 8C/GranTurismo use completely wrong V8 sounds? šŸ˜¤

So not only did we have to wait nearly a full day for no one reason at all, it doesn't even show everything. Where's the Miura, Huracan, Viper ACR, Golf R, Stratos, or the Project One?
AMG 1 and HuracƔn were in the very brief 30 sec E3 B-Roll. Indeed it's odd to release this preview shortened, shame how few files are posted on Xbox Wire nowadays. Could you access more material with a press account?

Last edited:
The backfire pops are so annoying. Overdue a replacement.
I agree, they don't sound very varied and the level of the backfire doesn't seem to change between cars. I also wish they wouldn't make the exhaust shoot a visible flame each time, in reality that rarely happens unless you have anti-lag or a specific map. Even the seemingly stock BRZ is shooting flames in the audio video šŸ˜•

Either they are going to be updated before launch or they just didn't have time to focus on/didn't feel it was worth focusing on that bit of the audio. Which is fair enough given how much else new stuff the game is introducing.

Last edited:
Agreed with Kiro & Moglet, but I personally, can manage as a trade off for something that I've felt was lacking in previous titles (seemed only certain cars would showcase it) with the exhausts crackling more coming off throttle.

Last edited:
I also wish they wouldn't make the exhaust shoot a visible flame each time, in reality that rarely happens unless you have anti-lag or a specific map.
You're supposed to think that is "cool". Just like the glowing rotors. So they make a point to exaggerate it to the point of being ridiculous.

So not only did we have to wait nearly a full day for no one reason at all, it doesn't even show everything. Where's the Miura, ā€¦Stratosā€¦

Speaking of the Miura and Stratos, I was hoping to get raw footage of those two to hear how they stack up to PGR4ā€™s takes on them. Iā€™m not someone who usually cares about engine sounds in games, but I must admit that PGR4ā€™s sound design was, to put it simply, at another level, especially for 2007 and (arguably) even today.

Speaking of the Miura and Stratos, I was hoping to get raw footage of those two to hear how they stack up to PGR4ā€™s takes on them. Iā€™m not someone who usually cares about engine sounds in games, but I must admit that PGR4ā€™s sound design was, to put it simply, at another level, especially for 2007 and (arguably) even today.
It's amazing, huh? PGR4 is still a benchmark that's only now beginning to show its age. But then there's Driveclub.

And now I'm crying again. RIP, Bizzare Creations and Evolution Studios.

Last edited:
It's amazing, huh? PGR4 is still a benchmark that's only now beginning to show its age. But then there's Driveclub.

And now I'm crying again. RIP, Bizzare Creations and Evolution Studios.
I think some people from Bizarre Creations are currently working at Playground Games.

I think some people from Bizarre Creations are currently working at Playground Games.
Since FH1 was announced I always hoped the PG4 sound team would join but I don't think that's the case.

It's my impression of the game looks empty in some specs? i think this is an alpha footage.

They put to much effort in the enviorement.

I need a Series S badly šŸ˜Ÿ

Last edited:
Back