Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,908 comments
How do they keep making this mistake though? Surely they should know to check that the cars used in these thumbnails are actually available in the game?
Either the person creating these thumbnails isn't acutely aware of the current car list or.... PG just love teasing us with unreleased content.

Also a couple of bets for Midnight battle reward cars;

2010 Ferrari 599XX (as an homage to Darius Flynt)
2021 Mercedes-AMG Project One Forza Edition (perhaps the Midnight battle reward for beating a top FH5 racer, lets say Rami?)

Forza Editions from prior games or of the cover cars would make sense here as well.

My prediction for the Midnight Battle prize.

If they are paying homage to FH3, there will probably be three bosses - Muscle, JDM, and Exotic.
Therefore, I expect there will be three prize cars as well. (or +1 car accolade bonus for beating all bosses).

• 1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7 (wheelspin exclusive)
  • 2006 Ford GTX1 (Return from the 360 era)
  • 2009 Koenigsegg CCX-R Edition (Return from the 360 era) or 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV (wheelspin exclusive and FH3 homage)
Bonus: 2021 Mercedes-AMG Project One Forza Edition?

Perhaps they will not have new exclusive cars for all three bosses; one or two will be chosen from the existing auto show cars or wheel spin exclusives.

Regarding the RS7 and missing thumbnails - only affects the MS Store version as Steam is fine. The issue is that the RS7's new sound files, and RC12.zip (containing the new manufacturer logos and new car thumbnails) are straight up missing from that build.

As for the anniversary stuff, I've seen something pertaining to a 2013 Viper FE, although the one in the trailer looked standard.

This season Speed Trap is very hard for me, i tried several cars and failed by 1 or 2 km/h in best cases.

I used a stock Agera RS and came from the south, and got it with one or two rewinds to carry enough speed through the corner. I used not just the full width of the road, but as much sand as possible without getting the car sideways and losing speed. The left-hander before the speed trap from that direction is about 90% of what matters for it.

The duplicate AMG One mistakenly marked as a Forza Edition is just the car used in the intro, in the same way that FH4 had several Sennas that were used for the same purpose - the only difference is the unfixed bug that makes it show up in Horizon Promo this time around. You might as well be expecting to win the duplicate Focus RS with a luchador mask painted on the roof, or the specific duplicate Beetle used as the Vocho.

Microsoft Flight Simulator had like 10 aircraft added to the game with its anniversary edition, including helis and gliders.

So I wanna expect something like 10 cars added to FH5, a mix of highly requested new ones and some old returns.

But knowing PG, it’s most likely gonna be some useless Forza Editions and a few cars from FH4 and that’s it, just phoning it in.

The duplicate AMG One mistakenly marked as a Forza Edition is just the car used in the intro, in the same way that FH4 had several Sennas that were used for the same purpose - the only difference is the unfixed bug that makes it show up in Horizon Promo this time around. You might as well be expecting to win the duplicate Focus RS with a luchador mask painted on the roof, or the specific duplicate Beetle used as the Vocho.
I'm not sure what happened to the FE version but Mike did say that the One from the reveal gameplay was the FE one. It had a different paint job but I doubt it was a FE version due to the licence plate. So maybe they used a different paint job on the normal One for that demo?
I'm not sure what happened but I believe they planned to include that car at some point. Who knows?

My prediction for the Midnight Battle prize.

If they are paying homage to FH3, there will probably be three bosses - Muscle, JDM, and Exotic.
Therefore, I expect there will be three prize cars as well. (or +1 car accolade bonus for beating all bosses).

• 1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7 (wheelspin exclusive)
  • 2006 Ford GTX1 (Return from the 360 era)
  • 2009 Koenigsegg CCX-R Edition (Return from the 360 era) or 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV (wheelspin exclusive and FH3 homage)

Perhaps they will not have new exclusive cars for all three bosses; one or two will be chosen from the existing auto show cars or wheel spin exclusives.
I would say that these may be Midnight Battle rewards:
  • 2006 Ford GTX1 (FH returnee)
  • 2012 Shelby 1000 (FH/FH4 returnee)
  • 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex (Wheelspin)

If not, each reward car may even be related to past Forza Horizon.

The original Midnight battle cars were the Regal GNX, 97 M3 (E36), FD RX-7, and the Murcie LP-670-4 SV. Maybe we will get some variation of those or maybe a new/returning car from each manufacturer.

For example:
Old Roadmaster or new Regal GS for Buick
307 or 850i for BMW
Cosmo or Mazdaspeed 2 for Mazda
New Countach or 1st-gen Gallardo for Lambo

I'm really curious to see how they handle this one.

Last edited:
The Eventlabs would be better if we had other cars to race. As good as some of the courses have been I just don't enjoy them that much driving around on my own.

Eagle Speedster or what's the point?

angry magic the gathering GIF

The Eventlabs would be better if we had other cars to race. As good as some of the courses have been I just don't enjoy them that much driving around on my own.
I'm the opposite, I hate driving with the AI. P1 is the only fast one, others just love to get in your way as much as possible, slowing you down.

I love this game, but there's literally nothing positive I can say about the AI :boggled:

I'm the opposite, I hate driving with the AI. P1 is the only fast one, others just love to get in your way as much as possible, slowing you down.

I love this game, but there's literally nothing positive I can say about the AI :boggled:
I agree the A.I is awful. However, they do give you something to overtake/avoid as you drive the course. For me personally this is better, but if we all liked the same things this world would be a boring place.

I LOVED it! I should've guessed from the title of the event, but once I started driving, I was all smiles.
I didn't read the name of the event and as I went through the 2nd sector over the bridge and then towards the tunnel, I suddenly twigged it. Whoever created it put in some amazing work on the detailing around the circuit.

I'm not sure what happened to the FE version but Mike did say that the One from the reveal gameplay was the FE one. It had a different paint job but I doubt it was a FE version due to the licence plate. So maybe they used a different paint job on the normal One for that demo?
I'm not sure what happened but I believe they planned to include that car at some point. Who knows?

Just to add a bit, the difference between the currently available AMG One and the other FE one are stickers on the side and red roof scoops/air box on FE, instead of black/carbon on the one we currently have

I need Don Thompson back and more classical music.

Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner, Rossini, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Handel, Schubert, Verdi, Brahms...
All of them have been present in previous games.

FH5's classical music it's a major disappointment.

Last edited:
I need Don Thompson back and more classical music.

Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner, Rossini, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Handel, Schubert, Verdi, Brahms...
All of them have been present in previous games.

FH5's classical music it's a major disappointment.
Don't know why the Classical music station is even a thing. Classical music doesn't fit at all with horizon

Don't know why the Classical music station is even a thing. Classical music doesn't fit at all with horizon
Are you really saying that because you don’t enjoy the classical music station, no one should have it? If you don’t like it, that’s fine, although it’s a shame you can’t appreciate it. But I’m glad it’s there. Levante/Timeless/Eterna and Hospital have been my two favorite stations in every Horizon game since they both appeared in FH2.

Last edited:
Back