Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,910 comments
Intrigued by what kei car it is, but in their chance to highlight what's coming up this month they went for a Showcase Remix (cool, an event we already have but in a different car!) and the Nissan Z we've "known" about since October.

Combined with the... rather lacklustre FM8 stuff I'm wondering what the hell is going on with Forza right now - and given that it's coming at a time when Microsoft has already overspent for Bethesda/Zenimax and Mojang and is trying to get Activision Blizzard over the line and is slashing jobs... it's mildly concerning.

Intrigued by what kei car it is, but in their chance to highlight what's coming up this month they went for a Showcase Remix (cool, an event we already have but in a different car!) and the Nissan Z we've "known" about since October.

Combined with the... rather lacklustre FM8 stuff I'm wondering what the hell is going on with Forza right now - and given that it's coming at a time when Microsoft has already overspent for Bethesda/Zenimax and Mojang and is trying to get Activision Blizzard over the line and is slashing jobs... it's mildly concerning.
At this point I think it's fair to assume something's been going on. With many of the key figures of PG leaving, disjointed updates to FH5, DLC2 apparently delayed too (didn't they say early 23 last year?)... Add to that the delay to Motorsport and Microsoft cutting jobs in its gaming sector, it all seems like a lot?

To be fair, this is only a teaser for the Let's Go stream. Not that I expect to see much else.

FB_IMG_1674756084594.jpg

... the environment the car is in, which looks to be a Tokyo Drift-style multilevel parking garage.

That could mean a reveal of the already-teased second expansion for the game, but a close look suggests that the background for the the seventh-generation Z is the Aerodromo en la Selva.
🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
It certainly looks like the pre 2000 GT that it is. What an impressive front end!

Edit: It's sooooo small. Absolutely tiny. Key car sized if overpowered for the category.
It'll be crazy to watch people in those battling massive muscle cars.

Last edited:
Yep, another go with the terribly modeled SW20. Glad it's back again.
I'm not too disappointed with this update. At least there's two recycled cars. But no LC 500? No GR Yaris? Boo!

And they could've gotten the FTO and others.

Last edited:
SW20 MR2 and Galant VR4 return. Love to see another Group A rally car, though it's a reminder that we're unlikely to see the Delta Integrale again...

I mean the updates not the worst ever. Bit underwhelming with how much the devs hyped up series 17 but yk. The eventlab props are cool and the Z and Sports 800 are nice to see. More recycled cars is a disappointment but expected

Is Leah doing Let’s Go permanently now? Or just replacing Charley for 1 week? Nothing personal but I absolutely can’t stand her cringe.

Either way these streams get more and more boring by the month. Most interesting was the interview with Chris from T10 about FM8. The FH5 update itself isn’t bad but at this point IMO just compress both shows into a 15 minute clip and get it over with. Or just release a web page update with some screenshots like in the good old days.

Back