Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
My win was the same (behind the train, no rush) but I won by 0.06s. I suspect the win margin is 100% based on your exit speed of the final corner.

Each of the wins I've had was by exactly 0.05s - on one the train accelerated briefly on the final stretch before then slowing down. I've only got captures of two of them though, and there's a couple of seconds between the race times.

I suppose this game hates me then for not playing it for so long.

Apparently the discussion/forum has now been mentioned on the official Forza forums, and their reactions are not pretty.
I noticed that as well. I stopped visiting the Forza Forums long ago because it was a never-ending circlejerk of bickering about insert game, petty back and forth arguments, or just complete nonsense. I looked the other day because I got curious and what do you know? It hasn't changed one bit.

I won't name anyone specifically but it seems a few of the users consider this specific forum to be a bunch of Playground lackeys/defenders and it's a bad forum because of it. But if you had to ask me, it's more like this is a smaller collection of a few people that regularly play FH5 and still enjoy it for what it is. We all have issues with the game and that's fine too, but pretending the official Forums isn't one of the most toxic places of discussion for anything Forza related is laughable to me. Especially considering certain people there have openly admitted they just like bashing Turn 10/Playground Games/Microsoft for the fun of it. I mean, come on. One of the most active threads in the FH5 section is dedicated to trash talking the game and developers (you probably know the one). Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff they may complain about is justified, but at the same time, I've seen some of the most genuinely awful takes in regards to Forza ever conceived on the Forums over the years.

To me, it reads like, "OUR group is cooler and better than theirs". I wouldn't read into it much. I more or less made the switch from the Forums to GTPlanet because, in my opinion, it's just a more positive and friendly community. If you want to call that an echo chamber, sure man I don't really care. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to not surround myself with overly negative and cynical people. It wears on you after a while and it's just not in me to be negative all the time, especially about a video game.

Mini rantathon over.

Apparently the discussion/forum has now been mentioned on the official Forza forums, and their reactions are not pretty.
Pretty without the "r", maybe? Sounds like they've been moaning about us for a quite a while now... :lol::lol:

Screenshot_20230206_114006_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed that as well. I stopped visiting the Forza Forums long ago because it was a never-ending circlejerk of bickering about insert game, petty back and forth arguments, or just complete nonsense. I looked the other day because I got curious and what do you know? It hasn't changed one bit.

I won't name anyone specifically but it seems a few of the users consider this specific forum to be a bunch of Playground lackeys/defenders and it's a bad forum because of it. But if you had to ask me, it's more like this is a smaller collection of a few people that regularly play FH5 and still enjoy it for what it is. We all have issues with the game and that's fine too, but pretending the official Forums isn't one of the most toxic places of discussion for anything Forza related is laughable to me. Especially considering certain people there have openly admitted they just like bashing Turn 10/Playground Games/Microsoft for the fun of it. I mean, come on. One of the most active threads in the FH5 section is dedicated to trash talking the game and developers (you probably know the one). Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff they may complain about is justified, but at the same time, I've seen some of the most genuinely awful takes in regards to Forza ever conceived on the Forums over the years.

To me, it reads like, "OUR group is cooler and better than theirs". I wouldn't read into it much. I more or less made the switch from the Forums to GTPlanet because, in my opinion, it's just a more positive and friendly community. If you want to call that an echo chamber, sure man I don't really care. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to not surround myself with overly negative and cynical people. It wears on you after a while and it's just not in me to be negative all the time, especially about a video game.

Mini rantathon over.
The Car Suggestion threads are fine for the most part though. Other than that, the Forza Forums is just unbearable.

I'm a delusional fanboy?
I knew we were overdoing it on the puns...

Hateplaying a game over a year after it came out so you can **** post about it online seems delusional to me. When I don't like a game that much I just stop playing it.

Last edited:
Bizarre comments, although it makes a change from "GTPlanet is biased against Forza because it's pro-GT". I do love, to paraphrase, "people didn't like my opinion therefore they're all fanboys".

Edit: Hah, and that guy was, unsurprisingly, lying through his arse. Quit within an hour of registering because of all the poo? He was on here five days, posted five messages in that time and got seven post reactions... none of which were poo; they were exclusively thumbs-up save for one "Hmm". Then he posted a public profile response to one of the other complainers (who, despite claims of quitting, was here only yesterday), "Jesus. These clowns are worse than the ones on main forum. I'll probably be leaving just as soon as I arrived." - which still didn't get him any poo reactions.

We have the receipts - and they're almost entirely publicly accessible receipts. Lying like this is incomprehensible.

I recognise a couple of the names that are complaining about us the most in those threads. Which I think tells its own story...

Last edited:
I always thought this subforum is actually one of the more fair discussions around this game, but hey ho. ¯\(ツ)
I used to frequent the Forza forums about 10 years ago when FM5 launched, but stopped because the arguments from one side and brown nosing on the other were just not worth reading anymore.

I distinctly remember questioning why Forza 5's LaFerrari car pack simply couldn't be a part of the base game; it wasn't part of a VIP pass or anything, it was a separate car pack that was available on launch day, hence my confusion. I got told that I didn't understand technology and that there simply wasn't enough disc space. Keep in mind the Xbox One ushered in the big surge of using Blu-Rays and downloading digitally, so it was a completely moot point.

I also remember someone asking how many liveries could be saved, and somebody else replied 'with cloud saves, it should be unlimited' or something like that. One of the moderators just upped and banned him on the basis that they thought he was being sarcastic, since T10 kept going on about 'the power of the cloud' in Forza 5 which was getting some flak (think 'from the ground up' in the current marketing for FM8). He got unbanned after people rightfully riled up, but those two incidents are the ones which made me go 'okay, I'm out'.

Last edited:
Keyboard warriors are in my opinion one of the major new scourges of the 21st century.

I knew we were overdoing it on the puns...

Hateplaying a game over a year after it came out so you can **** post about it online seems delusional to me. When I don't like a game that much I just stop playing it.
That Sir is because you are an adult.

Over did the puns? Never......😂😂😂😂

GTP is one of the most neutral forums (for non Gran Turismo games anyway, I don’t visit the GT side much) out there for these titles.

The Forza forum (and any official forum for that matter) has the extra baggage of people expecting developers and publishers to read every comment, effectively turning it into a “how can I change the game” platform. That’s also why is skews more negative as the people that are happy with or nonplussed about the game won’t comment as frequently, because they’re busy playing the game.

I still take a peek and occasionally post over there (pre-Codemasters I used to be super active), but the constant “make the game X” and argumentative topics made me not enjoy it anymore. I get enough of that kind of discourse in my day job already 🙂

Threw in my 2 pence anyways over there:

I disagree with the sentiments of the previous posts.

Not going to get too into specifics here because internet drama isn’t worth the screen space, but GTPlanet isn’t a “Forza Horizon 5 is the best game ever and has absolutely zero flaws” kind of community (and nor should it be).

What I think you’re seeing over there is a more relaxed atmosphere due to the fact that there’s no expectation of official support or developer interaction, like many users of this forum (or any other game’s official forum). I could bring up multiple examples of people pointing out things they don’t like about particular games, but they take a different tone to the “hey devs, you need to fix this because I said so” attitude I see here.

Both forums have their positives and negatives, I don’t think there needs to be this whole “my tribe is better than your tribe” view on it all, society has enough of that as it is.

Last edited:
Pretty without the "r", maybe? Sounds like they've been moaning about us for a quite a while now... :lol::lol:

View attachment 1228626
Ah man, there was me thinking I was allowed to enjoy the game, silly me, guess we need some negativity over here to prove we're honest.

See it on YouTube a lot, one guitar YouTuber recently kind of did a spoof video on a guitar review because he was criticised for being too positive, which of course must mean he's lying and therefore shouldn't be trusted, whereas people who review negatively are bastions of honesty and 'real talk' and would obviously stand to gain nothing by pooping on a company in a negative review. 🙄

I've never been able to get into those forums like this one, and that goes for many gaming forums. GTP has always had a very inclusive feeling and atmosphere and yeah, the Gran Turismo forums can be a little hectic sometimes but for everything else, there's not really a bad word to say. It's one of the few places where I take and trust peoples opinions.

View attachment 1228626
What a garbage comment. Being soar is one thing, but getting butthurt and than running onto another to spew lies, nonsense and toxicity is totally another. It's people like that is why I've came to an conclusion that T10 SHOULD NOT be listen to THOSE kinds of people, because it has become clear to me that they'll never be happy, and I've learned this on platforms like Youtube which tend to be very vocal about LITERALLY ANYTHING about Forza. It has gotten to be very annoying as of late, because they're acting like we should ALL be hating on games like FH5 if "we" want it to improve and get better... Yeah that's not how it works.

View attachment 1228626

I'm just going to wave at NightDriver7800 and anybody else from the Forza Forums (or here, really!) who came packaged with more salt than a six-pack of Pringles. See you all in 2028 when you speak of FH5 then the same way you speak of FH3 today. :D

Last edited:
I find that any official forum for a game tends to be rather crap, even for smaller games like AMS2. The old PlayStation Underground forums were probably the only time I’ve found an official forum to be enjoyable.

To be honest, I've given up on all race sim forums on the internet except for GTP. It's the only one where you can just have relaxed discussions about the games we love without the chips on people's shoulders or the keyboard warriors crapping on everything.

Sure, every game could be better, since the developers are only human and don't have unlimited budget. But yelling about it on an internet forum really won't change anything. Instead just enjoy the fun parts of the game and have fun talking about it with likeminded enthusiasts. This is the right way.

I'm sat here like a fool trying to scan Oreo cookies for this car. Did anyone else have a lot of trouble trying to scan the bloody cookies. I'm on a Pixel 6 so it's a new up to date phone.

Any tips team please?

I'm sat here like a fool trying to scan Oreo cookies for this car. Did anyone else have a lot of trouble trying to scan the bloody cookies. I'm on a Pixel 6 so it's a new up to date phone.

Any tips team please?
It was a complete nightmare. Wouldn't work on my S20 at all; ended up setting up my photobox and using the Razer Kiyo.

It was a complete nightmare. Wouldn't work on my S20 at all; ended up setting up my photobox and using the Razer Kiyo.
Oh poo. I can only use this phone. It just won't scan them. Thank you so much for replying though bud 👍

What's the correct order to place the cookies in for the car? I may not have the patience for numerous attempts 😂😂😂

Oh poo. I can only use this phone. It just won't scan them. Thank you so much for replying though bud 👍

What's the correct order to place the cookies in for the car? I may not have the patience for numerous attempts 😂😂😂
There isn't one: it's a game of Mastermind.

You get right (green tick), right but in the wrong place (orange arrow), wrong (red), and keep guessing combinations until you get it. The "solution" also seems to change every ten minutes.

Back