Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,358 comments
I wonder if it's not their QA department but more of a joint Microsoft one these days... And that certain other Microsoft games which are struggling with quality control are taking priority over the stable FH5.

Or otherwise their QA team is simply busy on FH6 and not able to spend much time on FH5 free updates. This is actually more likely...

I wonder if it's not their QA department but more of a joint Microsoft one these days... And that certain other Microsoft games which are struggling with quality control are taking priority over the stable FH5.
I mean, it's Turn 10 that probably handles a lot of the modeling, considering a lot of the New to Forza cars are destined for FM2023 at some point; if anything, it's their QA that looks at cars like this, and since they're mostly contractors that are likely to be affected by layoffs, it's possible quite a few things like this slip through the cracks.

As for the FH6 question... honestly, there're points for and against an imminent announcement, but most of what we've seen seems to be pointing against for the moment. We'll have to see, if they do have that showcase still targeted for June.

As for the FH6 question... honestly, there're points for and against an imminent announcement, but most of what we've seen seems to be pointing against for the moment. We'll have to see, if they do have that showcase still targeted for June.
I meant that as long as FH6 is in production most QA staff would be there. Since QA is an integral part of the modern software development cycle, not something you just do at the end.

What happens after QA and publishing code to a releasable form would be "play testing" for me, not really QA.

and since they're mostly contractors that are likely to be affected by layoffs, it's possible quite a few things like this slip through the cracks.
Surely contractors are employed externally on a fixed term contract and aware of when their contract will end/job is completed whereas staff who are employed permanently are the ones who are laid off. I work in HR for the NHS so I may be wrong :lol:

I have updated Horizon 5's TCRF page after revisiting AAASuspensionStructure in order to compile all of the possible car IDs that were used throughout the Forza franchise by downloading the Day 1 patch. Turns out a lot of Horizon Editons were left unused and other cars that I did't initially spot 2 years ago. Here's what I missed:

2015 Porsche Boxster GTS
2011 Formula Drift #64 Nissan 370Z
1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI 16v MK2 Horizon Edition
2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R Horizon Edition
1949 Mercury Coupe Forza Edition
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 Horizon Edition
2000 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R Horizon Edition
2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe Horizon Edition
2016 McLaren 570S Vorsteiner
1990 Subaru Legacy RS Forza Edition
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR Horizon Edition
2015 Land Rover Range Rover SVR Horizon Edition
2014 Toyota Arctic Trucks AT38 Hilux Horizon Edition
1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B Horizon Edition
1985 Lancia Delta S4 Horizon Edition
2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT Horizon Edition
1992 Honda NSX-R Horizon Edition
2018 Dodge Durango SRT Horizon Edition
1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale Horizon Edition
1986 Lancia Delta S4 Group B Horizon Edition
2017 Lamborghini Centenario Horizon Edition
2016 Koenigsegg Regera Horizon Edition
2014 HSV Gen-F GTS Horizon Edition
2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST Horizon Edition
2014 Alfa Romeo 4C Horizon Edition
1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Horizon Edition
2013 Toyota #18 Camry NASCAR
2012 McLaren MP4-12C Furious 7 Edition
2014 Alumicraft Pro Buggy
2016 CBL Ultra4 Truck
2016 Lexus LC500
1964 Austin FX4 Forza Edition

Last edited:
I would not expect in my life this car appear faster in my small town in Poland (20,000 people) than in Forza :dopey:

IMG_5652.jpeg

So this are the ones w/o 'Forza/Horizon Edition':
2015 Porsche Boxster GTS
2016 CBL Ultra4 Truck
However I do think this one is already in the game?
2016 Lexus LC500

Last edited:
I meant that as long as FH6 is in production most QA staff would be there. Since QA is an integral part of the modern software development cycle, not something you just do at the end.

What happens after QA and publishing code to a releasable form would be "play testing" for me, not really QA.
If you played FM23 at launch, you might have doubts about that statement... 🤔

2015 Porsche Boxster GTS
2016 CBL Ultra4 Truck
However I do think this one is already in the game?
2016 Lexus LC500
The Lexus LC 500 listed in FH5's filename was LEX_LC500_21. Maybe this LC 500 would have been in Motorsport 7/Horizon 4 if Toyota didn't pull out of games excluding Gran Turismo.

2015 Porsche Boxster GTS
2016 CBL Ultra4 Truck
The 570S Vorsteiner is kind of in the game too since 620R has the same body kit.

Glad I logged in early today.
I nearly missed my 100% record - couldn't clean up on Wednesday as usual because I was ill with something like a stomach bug, got the fallback twice before I could finish off Summer. Then I just managed to get the screenies for the season change post before more fallbacks until just over an hour ago.

I nearly missed my 100% record - couldn't clean up on Wednesday as usual because I was ill with something like a stomach bug, got the fallback twice before I could finish off Summer. Then I just managed to get the screenies for the season change post before more fallbacks until just over an hour ago.
Hope you're feeling better now bud

The crashing problem seems to have now gotten worse for me on Series S. First it refuses to respond after opening on quick resume. Again. Then it crashes twice while loading into the Trial

Back