Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,952 comments
Listening to the Horizon Wave Radio station and there is some more Horizon lore!

Isabel Moss (Horizon Wave host) was offered a job as radio host at the Horizon Mexico Festival by Horizon mechanic Ashley (Forza Horizon 2) back when both were in Colorado. Moss really wanted that job and achieved her dream.

Last edited:
Same height here, and I share your pain! I sat in a Huracan a number of years ago, with my shoulders pressed against the roof and my head bent as far down as it would go, and it really illustrated that I'll never be driving a supercar in real life. I think the first suggestion of that problem was when I saw the newly launched MGF as a kid and was already too tall to drive it, and along the way I've had to scratch off cars like the Clio RS from my bucket list too.

Still, I can fit in most BMWs and I could probably fit in a Cerbera, so there's a tiny possibility of owning something legendary some day... if M cars and TVRs weren't silly money.
I had an M235i once which was fun to drive and is pretty spacious for a beemer. Hoping to be able to get an M2 someday.
My first car was actually a Renault Twingo which was also pretty big on the inside. It did fit 4 basketball players every once in a while. Granted, we were all a lot slimmer and more flexible back then 😅

I had an M235i once which was fun to drive and is pretty spacious for a beemer. Hoping to be able to get an M2 someday.
My first car was actually a Renault Twingo which was also pretty big on the inside. It did fit 4 basketball players every once in a while. Granted, we were all a lot slimmer and more flexible back then 😅

Hah, I have an M235i now funnily enough, shame it was last in FH3 and no more since. They key thing with it space-wise for me is that the centre console is low enough to get my left knee between it and the steering wheel, so that I can use the clutch (since it's RHD). I've sat in so many cars where I'd only be able to drive them one-legged, because they have a huge console or because the wheel doesn't adjust enough.

Sadly we didn't get the early Twingo over here, so I've only sat in the RWD third-gen model, which I probably wouldn't have been able to drive but was okay from the passenger seat.

Well, the Weekly Challenge with the NSX-R is failing to pop, with both Honda's that I own and after two restarts... Also of note, the new intro movie is 4:3 on the Series X but 16:9 on PC.

EDIT: Well, duh, it triggers with the original NSX-R (1992, not 2005) :dunce:
The intro is 4:3 on my PC.

Hah, I have an M235i now funnily enough, shame it was last in FH3 and no more since. They key thing with it space-wise for me is that the centre console is low enough to get my left knee between it and the steering wheel, so that I can use the clutch (since it's RHD). I've sat in so many cars where I'd only be able to drive them one-legged, because they have a huge console or because the wheel doesn't adjust enough.

Sadly we didn't get the early Twingo over here, so I've only sat in the RWD third-gen model, which I probably wouldn't have been able to drive but was okay from the passenger seat.

I currently drive a Renault Grand Scenic MK4 (I know, what an exciting car), I'm a family man with Grandkids. It's a 7 seater that I can get my legs in so it works.

The Horizon Arcade Wreckage failed to complete for me on the last round. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Seems like the real wreckage is the bugs in this update as it keeps prompting me to switch the light pulsing off every time I enter the Festival Playlist. :ouch:

double post... sorry crappy wi-fi in the games room

Last edited:
Apart from the Month5 Rivals taking absolutely ages to load, I seem to be escaping the bugs so far thankfully. No doubt they'll catch up with me.

2021 Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 in Verde Abete
3691a692-115b-4364-bc28-d30be55393d7 copy.png

7e9bff59-54cf-4d5d-a5bf-8a85b23a9820 copy.png

2b242798-336e-4d41-a8a5-1297a35f66a1 copy.png

46ddb5f9-87bb-4323-953c-5300bdc28a30 copy.png

1716649062683.png

Aaaaaand here she is!

It's interesting, this is supposed to be Forza's first hydrogen-powered car, but from what I could tell in Monthly Rivals it had all the same handling characteristics of an EV, including the seeming lack of front ballast making it more drifty than usual.

Also its default top speed is exactly 155 MPH (250 KMH), meaning this is also, so far, the only car in FH5 to behave as if it's got an electronic speed limiter. Hmm! Did it go through some kind of BoP process?

Last edited:
By the way, this week's seasonal eventlab "The Tiny Tangerine" is extremely interesting. It's both unexpectedly full of colour, and it is the first eventlab I've played where they managed to get raised pavements which allow you to drive on them instead of hitting them and stopping.

Very cool, worth a look.

I currently drive a Renault Grand Scenic MK4 (I know, what an exciting car), I'm a family man with Grandkids. It's a 7 seater that I can get my legs in so it works.
I´m driving the Hyundai i30n which is also ok for taller people. Plenty of leg room for me but not for the person sitting behind me (which is never so that´s ok 😁). Although the front seat could have been a little lower. Every time I´m at a stop light I have to bow down to see it because it gets covered by the rear view mirror...

When did the '87 Pontiac Trans Am get a widebody?
Series 27 from November last year.

I´m driving the Hyundai i30n which is also ok for taller people. Plenty of leg room for me but not for the person sitting behind me (which is never so that´s ok 😁). Although the front seat could have been a little lower. Every time I´m at a stop light I have to bow down to see it because it gets covered by the rear view mirror...
I can totally relate to the problem of ducking down to see traffic lights, or past your interior rear view mirror bud. Sun visors are useless as well unless I want to drive using The Force and not my eyes 😂😂.

I have an M235i now funnily enough, shame it was last in FH3 and no more since.
You know it's funny, I used to have quite the soft spot for underrated cars like this. Lighter-spec models seem to be the ones left out in the cold. Personally I never warmed up to the M2 and would've been happier if they kept this around. I mean, personally, I would settle for a less-aggressive bodystyle of the 2-series coupe, as my photo from FM6 would attest.
1716906803029.png

T10 sort of has this model, but it seems like it was a victim of the better model replacing the weaker kind. The Xbox One era of Forza had so much in the way of regressions like this for production cars, and this model isn't alone. Rolls-Royce, the fourth-gen Range Rover, Audi S4 2013, the '66 Ford Country Squire.

You know it's funny, I used to have quite the soft spot for underrated cars like this. Lighter-spec models seem to be the ones left out in the cold. Personally I never warmed up to the M2 and would've been happier if they kept this around. I mean, personally, I would settle for a less-aggressive bodystyle of the 2-series coupe, as my photo from FM6 would attest.
View attachment 1359403
T10 sort of has this model, but it seems like it was a victim of the better model replacing the weaker kind. The Xbox One era of Forza had so much in the way of regressions like this for production cars, and this model isn't alone. Rolls-Royce, the fourth-gen Range Rover, Audi S4 2013, the '66 Ford Country Squire.
It's interesting, isn't it? When T10/PG of before replaced a model, they basically just disguised it as them finding a higher performance model to source and just replacing the lower-performance car with that car, and that was usually between games. While, of course, at the same time refusing to do that with the really crap-looking models like the '90s MR2 and the S15 because there was genuinely nowhere beyond that to go in terms of performance.

This might be what happens if we get the SLR or the new Yaris and not the MC20 next Series, the new models basically replacing the 2007 model we've had at the cost of, perhaps, a lower-performance SLR being lost to time. We're honestly kinda lucky that the newer models of the same car we have been getting, like the post-facelift TT or the C8 Z06, haven't outright replaced the older models yet, though that might change with FH6. Who knows?

Back