Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Expansion

They both use ForzaTech as the main engine, share models and various other bits like audio and such. But it's doubtful Motorsport will have rally, Horizon has had dirt since Day 1 and Motorsport hasn't followed suit.

Some rumours suggested that RallyCross may make an appearance in the new Forza Motorsport but there's no substance to suggest it's true.
I agree with this. From Microsoft’s point of view, it doesn’t make sense to introduce dirt racing to Motorsport when they’ve already got Horizon. Motorsport can stay focused on road racing, and MS can sell a second game to fans of dirt racing.

it doesn’t make sense to introduce dirt racing to Motorsport
Well, series is little bit stale, rally could be good way to add some hype. Horizon would sell well anyway.

On the other hand, I don't think level design team could add rally courses fast enough. Its big departure from what they do for years.

IMO, bikes could be more interesting addition to both games.

Last edited:
Well, series is little bit stale, rally could be good way to add some hype. Horizon would sell well anyway.

On the other hand, I don't think level design team could add rally courses fast enough. Its big departure from what they do for years.

IMO, bikes could be more interesting addition to both games.
Rally cross would be a sensible compromise. There will never be stage rallying in Motorsport but Rally Cross would be easy enough to wedge in, most of the real circuits in FM7 have some form of rally cross layout. Just whether it would be worth their time doing it, especially when rally cross was the weakest part of pCars 2 for example which did the same thing.

Personally I think having rallycross but only managing 1 or 2 locations for it would be worse than not having it. Best to leave off road in the hands of Horizon where you get hundreds of square km of scenery, leave those precious 20 FM8 locations as proper tarmac race tracks.

It’s that staleness, and not just the pandemic, that led Turn 10 to completely overhaul the game. They’re not even calling it FM8 because it’s going to be such a huge advancement over 1 through 7. Or at least that’s the promise. Diverting resources to creating rally tracks/cars/races makes no financial sense when Horizon already has that covered. Let the next Motorsport be 100% Motorsport instead of 75% Motorsport/25% Horizon.

They’re not even calling it FM8 because it’s going to be such a huge advancement over 1 through 7.
They don't call it FM8 because its last game in series. There is no plans for FM9, because no one needs FM every 2 or 3 years. Same game with bunch new features for hardcore crowd, more content and questionable design choices? Its not suprise that sells are nonexistent for FM7 and they want to go full GAAS with it.
no financial sense when Horizon already has that cover
Dirt Rally was local success, I could see some interest in this for MS. Horizon isn't even rally simcade, its arcadish off-road model isn't all that far from Crew or NFS.

No one arguing that Horizon cannibalized Motorsports audience with race tracks, yet Motorsport somehow could drain something from Horizon? Its insane.

IMO, both games would only win if T10&PG would support them simultaneously. Like crossgame carpacks or even crossgame seasonal rewards. AFAIK, something like that was in FH3/FM7 with Hoonigan pack.

You are missing the point: FM8 adding dirt would cost them development effort for little gain. It’s not about cannibalizing Horizon audience at all.

crossgame carpacks
  • Forza Horizon 3's Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack.
  • Formula Drift Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4.
  • RTR Ford Mustang cars for Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4.
Yeah, they have done a few cross-game car packs.

They don't call it FM8 because its last game in series. There is no plans for FM9, because no one needs FM every 2 or 3 years.
TBH I hope this is the case. Forza Motorsport really doesn't need an entire new game every two years anymore and at this point in my life I don't want to spend the time doing chores to unlock the same cars I've unlocked in previous games every few years. That gaming paradigm is antiquated. I'd much prefer they release a single title that they update over time with new features and continually release new track and car packs for.

You are missing the point: FM8 adding dirt would cost them development effort for little gain. It’s not about cannibalizing Horizon audience at all.
For casual audience that already have FM5/6/7 it could be a reason to buy another game. Because this time it has something really new. Out of 3 previous games FM5 had most sales, yet both FM6/7 are waaay better and were released with much bigger instalbase.

I pointed that it would be costly to produce. Maybe as a big DLC in future, definitely not on release.

• Forza Horizon 3's Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack.
  • Formula Drift Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4.
  • RTR Ford Mustang cars for Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4.
Yeah, they have done a few cross-game car packs.
Don't forget FH2's Fast And Furious pack that added the F&F cars from FM6.

T10 have shut down the idea of rally in Motorsport pretty much every time its brought up in Q&As/interviews. I think their reasoning was that they felt it would clash with the events already in the game and nothing would gel together well. Disappointing, but I can see their reasoning; one of the things GT has always got flak for was the slightly lacking dirt racing and its physics, which almost always feels like an afterthought, despite being in the series since the 2nd game. I can understand wanting a more centred experience rather than trying to cover bases that they might not flesh out as much as they'd like.

"optional “rally” mode which will see you lose the driving line in favor of co-driver instructions shouted from a helicopter"
Wait...the co driver isn't in the car with the driver?He's on a Heli? 😂😂

Consider all the offroad cars they added for FM7
There is some speculation that they might have wanted rally in FM at some point because the FM7 version of the Top Gear test track has some props in place where the Series 23 Top Gear Rally-Cross track route would have been.

There is some speculation that they might have wanted rally in FM at some point because the FM7 version of the Top Gear test track has some props in place where the Series 23 Top Gear Rally-Cross track route would have been.
And there was one leak showing GRC Honda Civic in FM7, wasn't there?

I think T10 intend to keep all the offroad stuffs under Horizon umbrella now, but there were some signs that FM7 was flirting with the idea of offroad mode.

I just think it was them pulling cars from Horizon to pump the car numbers up. The off-road vehicles were just there.

Driveclub had dlc Motorstorm buggy races that encouraged cutting corners on existing tracks to at least do something different with them.

FqpBOc1XsAA_VX1.jpg

They posted a description of the career mode.
Perhaps it is a system like HW Expansion where you can unlock the cars included in Rally Adventure and their purchase rights by advancing through the career mode.

What was a bit surprising is that the Ford F-150 Lightning appears to be the model that can be unlocked in the finale.
I had rather assumed that this car would be the first model to be unlockable and the last model to be unlocked would be the Focus WRC.

Shiny new licensed electric truck is definitely more exciting for the FH user base than a 20 year old Focus, WRC or not

A clip, and some commentary I thought was appropriate 😛

The game has a ton of signposting (both metaphorical and literal) to the point that “pace notes” almost feel like window dressing 🤔

Honestly, I think that response is more about ****posting than signposting, but maybe that’s just me.

Honestly, I've used my best friend as an actual co-driver when playing this game. Having him keep an eye on the mini-map and call out corners is a huge help. It allows me to concentrate on the road and the car.

A clip, and some commentary I thought was appropriate 😛

The game has a ton of signposting (both metaphorical and literal) to the point that “pace notes” almost feel like window dressing 🤔

I suspect this is because they are trying to do too much, with the ability to play in both normal and rally modes. These props are clearly there to support normal race mode, but it appears they don't remove them in rally mode.

I suspect this is because they are trying to do too much, with the ability to play in both normal and rally modes. These props are clearly there to support normal race mode, but it appears they don't remove them in rally mode.
I think so, plus it makes it visually consistent with the festival.

I guess one way to look at these rally events is as if they’re Showcases, since there’s this extra layer of presentation on top.

Although, and it makes me feel real old typing this, I think there's a chance that good chunk of people playing FH weren't even born when Colin was still alive.
Or were at least in diapers or short pants when he died. Anyone under the age of 20 probably had no meaningful contact with CMR content while he was alive. Which is a lot of people, especially in the gaming space.

We're a pretty hardcore bunch here, and it's worth remembering that most people playing the zoomy car game probably aren't even that into motorsport.

Back