Forza Horizon (NEW SCREEN SHOTS)

I'm almost certain I saw dirt racing in the trailer. I really do hope that's true.

Please dont expect it to be in the final game lol....forza 4 had night, dirt, classic f1 I think not sure in its trailer but none were in.

Have you got a source to back this up? I don't remember any trailer for forza 4 that showed weather, night racing or classic F1 in them.
There was a trailer depicting all kinds of real life footage, a lot of stuff that never found its way into FM4, including Porsche.

Whether you want to count that as a trailer, that's entirely up to you. Max's got a point, though: Don't take the trailer at face value and take it for granted that everything that's been shown there is going to make it into FH.

I just hope it's like TDU without the silliness but the epic open environment and with the Forza physics engine.

If it is like this then it will be the best driving game ever. Period.

If it's instead like Need For Speed: The Run(s) then it will be a total flop and will ruin the credibility of the Forza series for ever.

There was a trailer depicting all kinds of real life footage, a lot of stuff that never found its way into FM4, including Porsche.

Whether you want to count that as a trailer, that's entirely up to you. Max's got a point, though: Don't take the trailer at face value and take it for granted that everything that's been shown there is going to make it into FH.

Yeah, remember that one now. Sorry max, point taken.

Forza 3 and 4 were touted as "pick-up-and-play" so I don't know why that's getting negativity now.

This could very well be a good thing.

Horizon could be the pick up and play Forza game for the casuals while FM4 is the still somewhat accessible hardcore simulator.

I hope they use a modified version of the PGR4 engine.

It's plenty sim-like, some modifications and tire data from Pirelli could make it perfectly bridge the gap between Sim and Arcade.

Except that Turn 10 has announced the Porsche expansion pack coming out in May - 30 models will be added.

TDU1 truly was innovative IMO. A sandbox racing game that huge with that much community interaction was amazing. The first one was epic but the 2nd game ended up having a TON of bugs and problems. So if Forza can pull this off and make it as good as TDU then I think all of us that enjoy free roaming sandbox racing games would truly enjoy this. Allow at least 8 players to drive around together at the same time, at least some sort of vinyl editor, night day cycle, weather, and pretty much everything from TDU1 and TDU2. I guess we will just have to wait and see but my expectations are not high for this since its their first attempt at an open world sandbox game. I do agree that using the PGR3 and PGR4 engine would work very well with this game. It doesnt need to be a simulation racing game. More arcade would be enjoyable for a sandbox game like this. They will need a public beta for this game for sure if they want it to be truly successful.

I'm almost certain I saw dirt racing in the trailer. I really do hope that's true.
Dont forget they also showed dirt racing in the very first Forza 4 trailer. So dont get too excited. But if its going to be open world then I agree, it needs offroad vehicles and dirt racing, just like TDU2 has.

BTW it sounds like its time for a new sub forum for "Forza Horizon".

Can just imagine cruising at sane speeds online with a bunch of like-minded car guys in our customised rides. Living the dream.

Where did you guys get that Forza Horizon was going to be open world??? Am I missing something.....you guys are almost as bad as the GT5 folks making things up from assumptions or wishes. Of course I could just be informatively ignorant so please prove me wrong.

Your not missing something, its all assumption.

If we based games on trailer FM4 would be an entirely race car based endurance style racing game with rallying, night racing and open wheelers.

Which means Forza Horizon is probably not gonna be open world, not have naked dancing ladies in it and not have long roads going into the distance. But probably some sort of mediocre points based driving game along the lines of Outrun.

Except that Turn 10 has announced the Porsche expansion pack coming out in May - 30 models will be added.
The point still stands, though, given that there are more things than just Porsche that are shown in the trailer and never made it into FM4.
Where did you guys get that Forza Horizon was going to be open world??? Am I missing something.....you guys are almost as bad as the GT5 folks making things up from assumptions or wishes. Of course I could just be informatively ignorant so please prove me wrong.
It's an educated guess, I'd say.

There's little factual evidence that FH is going to be an open world game, but it'd make sense, no? A Forza Motorsport spin-off isn't likely to be just more of the same; Microsoft could just feed off of the Forza Motorsport name and make T10 release the game faster.

So, some sort of variation is definitely a good idea to get a new Forza game out without interferring with the main entrants in the franchise. Given that Forza doesn't offer off-road racing, there aren't many racing-related possibilities left that aren't somewhat covered, anyways.

Open wheeled formula cars and carts seem liek it's not enoug to differentiate the FH from FM, bike racing seems highly unlikely, too. Mainly because it would, like dirt racing, require a physics engine that does things that the current one doesn't.

Combine that with the word "Horizon", which suggests things like freedom, exploration and vasts space and such, and you've got yourself a few hints that would indeed point to FH being an open-world racing/driving game.

Well said, Luminis. Why show expansive roads in the tone trailer if the game was based on race tracks, the same as the highly regarded Motorsport franchise?

We definitely need a Forza waypoint type affair now. It would be cool to track your stats across the four games (and future and even future gen). It might even inject some extra life into the older titles. I don't use Halo waypoint because I'm not really a FPS head, but racing is a different story. I'd love to see my wins, car/manufacturer stats etc across all the games

Could the addition of the Raptor, Monster Suzuki and Quattro S1 hint at the license being bought to cover both games, I wonder?

Ah, very cool. Ideally the Forza engines are flexible enough in their scaling to be used by both sources. Would save a lot of time and effort to share assets between both games. Surely a Microsoft Studios game will be created on XNA?

Almost looks to me like they are going the route of recent DiRT installments to cater to the X-Games crowd, with the DJ's and the drifting and all of that type of thing.

Need For Speed Pro Street also comes to mind...

Pro Street was a special case to be perfectly honest.

It was made largely in part to games (like Underground and Most Wanted for example) being blamed for influencing real-life street racing. As if it weren't a problem beforehand.

Case in point: Pro Street was a means of professing: "We don't support nor encourage street racing". Hence the warning on every NFS game dating from Pro Street.

Can't wait for this. I hope it's a free roaming massive open world like TDU was but with better graphics and same or improved physics from forza 4.

Someone my girlfriend knows from Playground has posted a photo of the box art on the shelves in GAME with the phrase "Only a few more nights of hard work to go!"

Now I know that games take a long time to go through publishing but blimey!

Can't wait for this. I hope it's a free roaming massive open world like TDU was but with better graphics and same or improved physics from forza 4.

I wouldn't count on a MASSIVE open world. They'll probably simply remove the tracks from FM4 and replace that room with an open world. But, still, that should be enough for a descent sized world...but I don't expect anything on TDU's scale. But it looks like the world will have a lot of variety.

Got it from here: Coming this fall for Xbox 360, Forza Horizon combines the automotive thrills that Forza fans expect with a gorgeous "open-road world that begs to be explored".

I hope it's a big map that incorporates cities as well as just pure deserts, long desert roads would be cool for all of 10 minutes until they'd get a bit boring I'd imagine. At least a city would give us the option to get some pretty cool sideways action going on around and in between some buildings. Mountain roads would be great to see too, I don't doubt T10 will fail to impress as far as scenery goes though, at least I hope not

Back