Forza Horizon (NEW SCREEN SHOTS)

Eh. Looks fake to me. But, I hope it is real. Since Playground supposedly develops for PC as well I hope it will be available on PC. Since TDU1 I have been aching for T10 or PD to venture into an open-world MMO.

Anyways, earliest we will find out anything concrete is most likely next week (Tuesday). No use sitting around here speculating on what appears to be a mediocre fan made video.

Toodles.

Well, I know this is a double post so I apologize in advance.... however, this deserves a bump.

It seems a Microsoft France employee has confirmed the existence and validity of the Forza Horizon trailer. http://www.analoghype.com/video-gam...a-horizon-another-big-announcement-is-coming/

After the jump you can click on "confirmed" to see the original thread but I suggest a fluency in French or Google Translate.

Sebull, the employee, said something about the series going in different directions. Although, this is hard to understand due to a rough translation and little information. We might be seeing a departure from the original Forza Motosport series similar to what Codemasters is doing with the DiRT series. This would make sense given the launch timeframe. I personally will not be interested unless it has the Forza 4 physics engine.

He also mentions that more information will be released tomorrow, March 5.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

He also mentions that more information will be released tomorrow, March 5.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

The 5th would make sense as I believe that is when the embargo comes off the recent MS spring showcase.

Tomorrow could be interesting to say the least.

Scaff

Well sounds interesting.
If they are departing from traditional Forza, then I wish them luck.

Probably not my cup of tea but I'm sure I'll be back for Forza 5 next gen.
Seems like a gum ball rally sort of thing.

Dunno if you guys know this but that guy also confirmed that Forza 5 was coming in 2013.

Heres the link:
http://www.analoghype.com/video-gam...horizon-and-motorsport-are-2-different-games/

Dunno about a yearly Forza....to be honest only really popular games like Fifa or COD can do good yearly and Forza is just not up to speed in terms of sales.

Furthermore, its a racing sim so I am not sure what there is to add in a year other than cars and possible tracks but not as much as biannual releases. Horizon is supposed to be a spin off and its from the guy who turned TOCA into GRID and CM into DIRT again not sure if this is good or bad.

Dunno if you guys know this but that guy also confirmed that Forza 5 was coming in 2013.

Dunno about a yearly Forza....to be honest only really popular games like Fifa or COD can do good yearly and Forza is just not up to speed in terms of sales.
FM4: 2011
FM5: 2013

2013 - 2012 = 2

So, yearly? :odd:

FM Horizon, if legit, is likely going to be a spin-off, not an installment in the main franchise; doesn't make sense to lump them together, right?

FM4: 2011
FM5: 2013

2013 - 2012 = 2

So, yearly? :odd:

FM Horizon, if legit, is likely going to be a spin-off, not an installment in the main franchise; doesn't make sense to lump them together, right?

Yes it does its still part of the franchise and Microsoft specifically said they wanted a yearly iteration of Forza. Motorsport is not a yearly series but if the rumours are true then the Forza franchise will become a yearly franchise.

I am really looking forward to Forza horizon. If they put PGR physics, and maintain 60fps with open world, it's going to be all that TDU should have been.
I don't believe that will get Forzas physics due to system limitation, but a PGR style arcade racer, with great graphics, 60fps, it's going to be a massive seller :-). I know for sure I will preorder it.

Max I dont remember MS specifically saying there's going to be a yearly Forza.
where did they say that?

I may gave missed it but I don't often miss much on Forza news.

This looks very interesting. I've wanted an open world Forza game for ages, this will hopefully be great. I hope it uses the same physics as FM4, or similarly realistic ones. 👍 I wonder if the customisation will be expanded upon?

I've already warned my girlfriend to not expect much the with me in the Autumn. She might well be second best if the Porsche DLC drops any time soon.

Major Nelson
“Forza Horizon” (Playground Games) – “Forza Horizon” is a fast-paced, pick-up-and-play racing game and the newest entry in the Forza Motorsport franchise. Available this Fall, the game is being created in partnership with acclaimed racing development studio Playground Games."

Sounds like an arcade racing game.

Pick up and play and fast paced could just mean it uses your game save and the missions are akin to TDU's where you deliver packages, or deliver cars without damage. Could still use the FM4 physics.

Forza 3 and 4 were touted as "pick-up-and-play" so I don't know why that's getting negativity now.

Sounds like an arcade racing game.

And? Have you never played an arcade game and enjoyed it? The sim snobbery around the racing game community is really pathetic sometimes. Yes we all enjoy realism and our racing cockpits but do some people forget why we all actually starting playing games in the first place?

Forza with aids is pretty arcadey, I should imagine the game can have both options?

Regardless, if it's good it won't matter how it handles. Hot Pursuit is one of the best racing games this gen.

If Forza Horizon turns out great I might not care about FM5 anymore. I'll just buy FH every two years.

Goodbye, flat boring racetracks!

And? Have you never played an arcade game and enjoyed it? The sim snobbery around the racing game community is really pathetic sometimes. Yes we all enjoy realism and our racing cockpits but do some people forget why we all actually starting playing games in the first place?

Exactly - I was playing PGR4 this weekend its still stupidly good fun taking the old Mazza 250 around the 'ring in the snow.

Scaff

Playground are made up of a group of guys who left Codemasters to do their own thing, and a few guys from the company my girlfriend works for. One of her friends works for Playground and the offices are directly opposite hers! She said that her friend left 'suddenly' and when she asked him why he said "Trust me....we've got a good contract"

It must have been this! She has said she will text him in a little while. :)

I'm almost certain I saw dirt racing in the trailer. I really do hope that's true.

To me, the scene with the Aventador driving along the highway appears to be computer generated.

Back