Forza - HORIZON

I hope they release the Season Pass bonus cars for everyone in a pack later, as I payed £60 for the LCE, and I had no idea you could get bonus cars. I wish they gave you a discount if you already bought some packs :(

HBR-Roadhog
To sum it up I would say worst racing title I have bought in the last 10 years.

I can't say what I want to say because I would get moderated and warned for flaming even though it would simply be a matter of pointing out an obvious truth.

Since I can't state the facts here, I will instead have to suggest that you either haven't played any racing games in ten years or you're trolling. Sure, I have my criticisms of Horizon, but it's far from the worst racing game of even the last year, let alone ten.

Earlier this weekend, I played the demo to Forza Horizon. I put the difficulty under Easy settings as I didn't really know what to expect playing it. I figured Forza Horizon would have elements reminiscent of the Test Drive Unlimited series. The game looks and plays beautifully. It has great sound as well. The game has plenty of character and eye candy. It is a game I'd really want to buy and play had I an XBOX 360. I am already someone who highly respects the Forza Motorsport series. This spinoff is very cool to me. I'd probably enjoy something like this more than I would a modern Need for Speed or a Test Drive Unlimited series game.

Maybe what I find most unique is no generic-looking cars as traffic. I know there are a lot of people who would rather drive/tune/race certain cars in any car game. Case in point- I've seen the Volkswagen New Beetle among some of the many AI traffic cars.

Anyhow, the game is pretty cool from what I've played.

So I got Horizon yesterday, the first car I bought (when I was allowed to choose what I want) was the 1971 KPGC10 Skyline 2000 GT-R. I started off by putting an R35 engine in it with some sports tyres and... That was it, and unsurprisingly I couldn't keep it going in a straight line, so I swapped it for the stock S20 and put race cams and flywheel in it instead, reverted to the stock tyres and was left with an awesome little drift machine.

By the end of the day I'd found all the upgrade signs so I decided to test all different configurations of engine since I could do it for free, a fully upgraded NA stock engine is probably my favourite in terms of driveability and sound.

Then I bought an MX-5 and maxed that out with a turbocharged RX-8 engine and an AE86 with over 1,000 bhp, both insanely fast machines, the MX-5 is actually in the R2 class now! Then I bought the Venom GT... And I've just realised, I bet that's a showcase car. Ah well.

But yeah, I'd say Horizon is the best open world racing game I've ever played.

Back