What Version Do You Intend To Buy

• Limited Collectors Edition

Votes: 223 68.2%
  • Standard Edition

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 13.1%

• Total voters
I think those menus look pretty clean to me? Better than the GT5 menus all over the place.

Agree - nice and clean and easy to follow. I hate games where you have to search everywhere for what you want. Dirt 2 was the worst offender. Shift 2 is annoying with the rotating wheel of options. GT5 is okay - but kinda scattered. Dirt 1, Forza 3 and now it looks like 4 have gotten it right.

Agree - nice and clean and easy to follow. I hate games where you have to search everywhere for what you want. Dirt 2 was the worst offender. Shift 2 is annoying with the rotating wheel of options. GT5 is okay - but kinda scattered. Dirt 1, Forza 3 and now it looks like 4 have gotten it right.

Hell, you don't even need to navigate the menus in FM4 so they say. Just tell Kinect where you want to go and it'll take you there instantly.

Hell, you don't even need to navigate the menus in FM4 so they say. Just tell Kinect where you want to go and it'll take you there instantly.

Yeah that option will be really usefull and awesome too see.👍

Gt5 menu did not look bad i just works bad. Takes long too load and there are too many stupid confirm screens. Also the garage is a f-ing joke for a videogame. Only in Arcade can you scroll true your cars.. the game is full of fail.👎

5MmmO.gif

Whenever anyone says Kinect for FM4 is a gimmick, this point should be brought up. I personally think it's the best kinect feature in FM4. In fact, ALL games should allow voice navigation.

It should also be integrated into the main game. Imagine racing and saying "HUD on/off". Instead of having to pause the game. Or "Telemetry on/off".

It should also be integrated into the main game. Imagine racing and saying "HUD on/off". Instead of having to pause the game. Or "Telemetry on/off".

If they had REP on this site, I would +1 you. I have thought the same thing.

Voice activated pit options would be awesome too. As soon as I heard Kinect was going to be a part of FM4 I envisaged this, but a less complex version. What better way to communicate with your Pit chief than to talk with them?

I can only hope for FM5

Yeah "Voice" commands could really improve games and it is nice to se FM4 push the benchmark in improving games also from a technical standpoint. Something I think good developers should always be doing.

Yeah "Voice" commands could really improve games and it is nice to se FM4 push the benchmark in improving games also from a technical standpoint. Something I think good developers should always be doing.

New video with Dan talking about Ai having specific helmets and racingsuits.

New video with Dan talking about Ai having specific helmets and racingsuits.
Did you really post this video in the General Discussion thread, the Gameplay Videos thread, and the FM vs. GT thread? :odd:

Anyways, I think one thing that I'd comment on about this video in this thread:
Dan mentioned that the AI gets their driver suits and the cars coloured to indicate their driving styles (so it's probably going to be red for M. Rossi, as usual ;) )

So, is it safe to assume that we'll be able to change the colour of our own racing suits as well? I mean, it does sound like that... Wouldn't make much sense to enable the AI to do so, but not the player.

That week in review.. Pretty nice. Always like reading bits about pro drivers checking out these racing games.

I think they did announce something zr1chris. They mentioned the pro driver racing on old classics like Road Atlanta and Road America and new ones like the TGTT and the mountain course. We only knew about the TGTT and mountain course from E3 demos.

"In addition to getting seat time on old favorites like Road Atlanta and Road America, Gunnar also spent time on each of the brand new tracks that will be part of Forza 4, including the Top Gear Test Track and the Bernese Alps track, both of which made their debut at E3 2011."

I love Road Atlanta btw :) And they mentioned Sebring too, something about the cones being just a foot off from where they normally are. I also love Sebring :) :)

Yup, me too. Let's hope they've also got someone who knows the 'Ring and tells them to not widen the hell out of it :lol:

lol true.. although I don't think Forza's ring is as bad as most here make it out to be. It's certainly not as good as GT5's but it isn't bad at all. I actually quite enjoy going around the carousel in Forza 3 better than GT5, even if someone claims it's not accurate in Forza 3... I still know I'm on green hell and at the carousel turn :dopey:

I won't get into another 'Ring discussion, I'm too much of a 'Ring fanatic for that :lol:
Either way, even if it isn't done perfectly, I'll enjoy the game a lot. The track was at least fun to race on.

I'm quite thrilled to learn more about the track selection in general, though. I gotta admit, I'm a bit spoiled after playing Shift 2 Unleashed, as the track selection was great in that come. If FM4 can match that, along with the great car selection it usually provides, I'll be a very happy camper :dopey:

For some reason I don't see us getting a whole lot of new tracks. I think the two we've seen now and maybe another 1 or 2 at the most will be all that we see. I'd love to have more though but I just don't see it happening.

There's always DLC ;) I wouldn't mind to pay for a few tracks I really like. Then again, depending on what new tracks we're getting, one or two would suffice, anyways.

Mount Panorama (Bathurst) would be neat. I'd also like the Dubai Autodrome and/or Brno Circuit, which aren't exactly the best known tracks, but great to drive on, I think.

Ferrari-333SP-no27-at-Moss.jpg.w560h373.jpg

Ugh, the Ferrari 333sp returns. If I remember correctly, it's been the dominant car in the Forza series but nobody can tell me why. Turn10 made it faster than Audi R8s, Toyota GT1, Porsche 962 and all the rest even though it was never even a Works Ferrari. Its best finish was 6th at Le Mans yet it dominates the leader boards(last I checked).

Ferrari-333SP-no27-at-Moss.jpg.w560h373.jpg

Ugh, the Ferrari 333sp returns. If I remember correctly, it's been the dominant car in the Forza series but nobody can tell me why. Turn10 made it faster than Audi R8s, Toyota GT1, Porsche 962 and all the rest even though it was never even a Works Ferrari. Its best finish was 6th at Le Mans yet it dominates the leader boards(last I checked).

This may be why.

Races 144 Wins 56 Poles 69

Teams' Championships
1998 IMSA GT Championship
1998 FIA Sportscar Champ.
1999 FIA Sportscar Champ.
2000 FIA Sportscar Champ.
2001 FIA Sportscar Champ.

Constructors' Championships
1995 IMSA GT Championship
1998 IMSA GT Championship

Drivers' Championships
1995 IMSA GT Championship
1998 FIA Sportscar Champ.
1999 FIA Sportscar Champ.
2000 FIA Sportscar Champ.

Well, don't worry too much about which cars dominated the previous games. The leaderboard cars between FM2 and FM4 were quite different and T10 most likely revised the PI system. The Ferrari 458, for example, has a different PI rating the one in FM3 - could be caused by them upgrading it, but I guess it's stock in those demo videos.

Also, thanks to the PI system, the dominance of a car in the game has absolutely nothing to do with how well it did in real life. I also doubt that T10 intentionally beefed some of the cars up. I guess that happened by mistake, when the algorythm for the PI calculation causes a car to be very well suited for a given track by accident.

Well, don't worry too much about which cars dominated the previous games. The leaderboard cars between FM2 and FM4 were quite different and T10 most likely revised the PI system. The Ferrari 458, for example, has a different PI rating the one in FM3 - could be caused by them upgrading it, but I guess it's stock in those demo videos.

Also, thanks to the PI system, the dominance of a car in the game has absolutely nothing to do with how well it did in real life. I also doubt that T10 intentionally beefed some of the cars up. I guess that happened by mistake, when the algorythm for the PI calculation causes a car to be very well suited for a given track by accident.

Exactly. I hope they fix it so we can have some more competitive races with a variety of cars instead of everyone having to use the same cars since there is no way to beat them. GT5 is pretty good in this aspect.

They should at least allow us to set more parameters than just the PI. Capping the PI at, say, A600 and then setting a maximum BHP of 500 would ensure that there are no super heavy cars with insane power outputs that dominate on a track like the 'Ring due to their insane power combined with the high traction provided by their AWD.

Certain cars dominating on certain tracks is almost inevitable with just the PI system, but that's a given. It can't work for all cars on all tracks at the same time.
As long as it's not like in FM3, where one or two cars dominate an entire class across almost all tracks, I'm fine.

It's mostly a problem if you're into hot lapping and beating leaderboard times, though. Actual racing is probably most enjoyable if you're doing it with friends or in leagues anyways - and there's always the possibility to rule out certain cars and upgrades.
Personally, I'd be fine if T10 prevented AWD from dominating. If it's just a few cars being off, that's no big deal, but if a certaind rivetrain or engine configuration (turbo or supercharged engines were generally a better option than NA in FM3) has an advantage in general, it's really no good.

Thanks for the responses, we have hope yet for Forza4!

And thanks for the Ferrari's achievement list, it's the equivalent of the resume of a minor league baseball player. :)

You should check again. The 333sp has never been close to being dominant in FM3, not by a long shot. See for yourself it's not even a top 20 car. In fact you can search individual cars at that site, the one 333sp I searched doesn't even have one time in the #250 cars. Not exactly the marks of a leaderboard smasher.

ZR1 Chris
Every week since E3 I look at the week in review hoping they will reveal more of the game and am disappointed to find nothing. The anticipation is killing me already.

You may be in for a treat next week. At the very bottom of the W-I-R it says they may start revealing the car list. Good news, No?

Last edited:
Oh, I'd be still fine with that. as long as they start with some cars that are new to the FM franchise. Or with a Porsche...

I thought I read somewhere that ferrari made demands to be included in previous forza games.. something about the the 333sp being fastest car in the game, unmodified.

Back