Forza Motorsport 7 Tipped To Reveal This Week, Running in 4K on Project Scorpio

Yeah, I'm gonna want more of all that. Too secretive to pass a proper judgement, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Not surprised by the October release date, but really surprised the One X (that's a stupid name by the way) comes out in November.

Forza7_E3_PressKit_07_1930sDriver_WM_4K.jpg

Forza7_E3_PressKit_06_LamborghiniCockpit_WM_4K.jpg

Forza7_E3_PressKit_09_HemiEngine_WM_4K.jpg

Forza7_E3_PressKit_04_HeatOfTheRace_WM_4K.jpg

Forza7_E3_PressKit_10_OnBoardInTheRace_WM_4K.jpg

Thanks for grabbing these, I'll start making threads now.

Seeing how well Forza Apex plays, and the fact that the Xbone X can play Forza 7 at 4k60, I'm hoping the PC / Windows 10 version will perform well with reasonably budgeted hardware.

So, looks like I'll be joining the Xbox family.
The PS4pro is £350 here in the UK so for an extra £50 I'll grab a 1X instead.

Been given the green light by the wife to upgrade as I'm still on PS3 & tbh Sony & the GT series just isn't doing it for me any more so.....Hello Forza 7 & PCars 2 in true 4K, can't wait.

Watching the trailer again makes me really hope we will get proper drag racing with staging since they chose to highlight it.

but really surprised the One X (that's a stupid name by the way)

They must use the same people as Ferrari for their names. :lol:

I want to get excited about this game, but I'm not feeling it so far. There are a few details from the reveal of which I'm skeptical about, as well as some crucial things left unanswered.

"700+ cars" - I wouldn't be surprised if this is just over 700. I imagine that plenty of them will be the same race car with a different livery. The lower-end models may likely be replaced by high-performance counterparts. Heck, I'd suspect that Volkswagen had to be axed again.

"30 locations" - Forza 6 has 28 locations when VIR and Homestead are included. I imagine that some of the tracks will get cut, but 30 isn't a number I'm optimistic about when it comes to new tracks, especially when you put its predecessor in the mix.

I think there needs to be some clarification on how online racing will be treated. Will there be custom public lobbies? Have steps been taken to minimise wreckage and corner-cutting? How will ForzaRC championships be treated?

The career mode is something I'm concerned about. Will the career mode be more like the 360-era games (start slow, then progress to fast) or the One-era games (all over the place)? Will there be an offline career mode at all? And as for racing other than "racing:" Will drifting and drag racing get more emphasis, even if it's slight?

An article on The Verge mentions that Turn 10 has partnered with Warner Brothers. 🤬. I hope we don't get the Batmobile.

Otherwise, Forza 7 is shaping up to be amazing. It seems clear that there's loads of attention to detail during the race. Together with GT Sport and Project CARS 2, I ensure that no matter what platform you're on, you're going to have a phenomonal year for racing games.

Last edited:
Alright. Forza 7 revealed, let's give some thoughts about it.

First of all, no denying, the game is graphically impressive. I particularly like the added touches of vibrating wires, wipers and bodywork. It's a small detail but true immersion is often found when attention is paid to such details.

Second, a comment on driver customization. This is a feature that is cool. I like the idea, but I don't think anyone would miss it if it weren't present. They are going to try and showcase the driver more in menus and such but, truth is, when you're doing what you want to be doing most in the game, which is driving, you're not going to be seeing a lot of your character.

Third. 700 cars, nice. Though one thing still need to be repeated, new additions please, don't focus to much on cars from past games or you'll risk your car list to be, on average, dated.

Now for some expectations.

I'd like to hope they manage to make this game run on PC without requiring a GTX Titan XP or 1080 Ti just to get 60 fps at 1080p. Let's hope they put the practice run they had with Apex to good use.

Someone has mentioned Blueprint for Forza Motorsport. What a nice idea. I would definitely be for that. Allowing you to choose what car and classes can race would extend replay-ability immensely.

This one comes from Project CARS, but I think Forza could really use it: unlock all cars in Freeplay from the start and let us choose the darn colors for once, it's not that hard to do. If you want a custom machine, buy it in career and tune it, but if you just want to pick up and drive, just enjoy, then the fewer hoops the better.

Dynamic weather, great. Dynamic time, fingers crossed.

And those are my initial thoughts. I'll be getting Project CARS for sure but I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Surprise me Turn 10.

This also stutters far too much for Dan's promise of solid 60 fps (look at the trees passing by). Hopefully just a reminder that the game is still in development.

I'd also like to add that the small collision and subsequent slide at the 3:25 mark doesn't leave much hope for major improvements in physics. Wet surface and everything considered, the GT-R shouldn't recover so easily, if at all. Maybe I'm expecting too much of Forza Motorsport, but one would think that all the added power of Xbox One X would inspire something closer to the serious console simulators while retaining the graphical resources made possible with a first-party budget. Wake up Turn 10, there's Forza Horizon for arcade physics.

It's hard to tell a big difference from FM6 promo shots. It's like the FH3 sky and light glow has been slapped onto FM6, and let's not forget that these images typically exaggerate things a little.

Watching the trailer again makes me really hope we will get proper drag racing with staging since they chose to highlight it.

They must use the same people as Ferrari for their names. :lol:
Should've just called it the the 1X & ditched the XBox part

This looks more like Forza 6.5 which IMO is not a bad thing. Take everything good about the last game and improve upon it, and add some features as well. No need to reinvent the game if you have a solid foundation to work with.

October can't come soon enough.

Öhh, did anyone else but me notice the lack of steering wheel in the cockpit? whooo hooo :)
Graphically it was no match for GTS, but all those moving parts make the car so alive and not a 2d picture infront of the action on track, nice. And the cars them selves looked so stiff and rigid, I like, and yeah the sound was nice, I could not hear any of the vacuum:ish sound/tone that gts has :P

If the physics and ffb wheel feeling is good I think we have a good game on our hands.

Last edited:
So, looks like I'll be joining the Xbox family.
The PS4pro is £350 here in the UK so for an extra £50 I'll grab a 1X instead.

Been given the green light by the wife to upgrade as I'm still on PS3 & tbh Sony & the GT series just isn't doing it for me any more so.....Hello Forza 7 & PCars 2 in true 4K, can't wait.

I don't think the 1X was priced for Europe yet actually.

The game looks graphically very good (not as good as Horizon 3 I think) but the IQ is pretty much perfect. Surprised they didn't reveal more though.

More info from .net

Today, during the Xbox E3 2017 briefing, we unveiled that the best-selling racing franchise of this console generation is back with a premiere Project Scorpio experience, Forza Motorsport 7, and in continued collaboration with Porsche, debuted the Porsche 2018 911 GT2 RS as the cover car. Forza always brings the best and most exclusive new cars to our fans, and we’re honored to present this stunning upcoming high-performance 911 GT car in time for our new title. This moment is a testament to digital and real-world racing merging in an unprecedented way. E3 attendees will be the first to drive the most powerful 911 for the road ever in Forza Motorsport 7 on Project Scorpio, the most powerful console ever.

Introducing Forza Motorsport 7
Forza Motorsport 7 immerses players in the exhilarating thrill of competitive racing. From mastering the new motorsport-inspired campaign to collecting a wide range of cars to experiencing the excitement of driving at the limit, this is Forza reimagined.

• The best-looking, most realistic game we’ve ever created Forza Motorsport 7 was built from the ground up for Project Scorpio to be an immersive true 4K and 60fps experience. Plus, with HDR and race conditions that change each time you return to the track, Forza Motorsport 7 was crafted as a visual masterpiece.

• The ultimate automotive playset Forza Motorsport 7 features more than 700 ForzaVista cars to collect, race and customize and 30 racing environments with more than 200 ribbons. Plus, Forza Motorsport 7 offers more Porsche models than any racing game and an unparalleled portfolio of car manufacturers, including every premium brand. And for the first time in Forza’s history, players can personalize their appearance with a massive race gear collection that includes hundreds of options spanning decades of race history and pop culture.

• Everyone can play, compete and watchForza Motorsport 7 continues in the footsteps of previous games by providing unprecedented tuning, new Assists and Mods to suit players of all skill levels. And thanks to the Forza Racing Championship esports league, enhanced spectating modes and Mixer integration, everyone can compete.
Now available for pre-order at your local Microsoft Store and microsoft.com, Forza Motorsport 7 arrives worldwide on October 3 exclusively on the Xbox One family of devices and Windows 10 PCs via Xbox Play Anywhere. Special editions include the Deluxe and Ultimate Editions, complete with exclusive, digital-only bonus content, VIP membership, and access to the Day One Car Pack. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 29 and the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass that gives you access to upcoming car packs.

Look for more coverage of Forza Motorsport 7 this week from the show floor at E3 2017!

Supposedly Xbox One X will be £449 in the UK.

Unbelievable. :scared:

Forza 7 looks very nice, but I'll me keeping my S. Already bought a Switch this year, no more new consoles! :lol:

It's hard to tell a big difference from FM6 promo shots. It's like the FH3 sky and light glow has been slapped onto FM6, and let's not forget that these images typically exaggerate things a little.

It's the same engine and it's meant to run at feature parity on the normal X1, so there wouldn't be a great departure in most aspects. The Lambo inside show's they've improved some of their materials like leather but the open top shot you see they still got the same flat aluminium materials going.

But they got weather effects and time change (at least sun setting? by their presentation words), so that's a great thing that adds up visually, they now went full "filmic" color grading which works for some.

As for the physics, it's never good to judge from these demos since they are meant to exhibit/allow people to complete laps and get interested in the game. There was that Fanatec FFB thing about Forza (or so it was assumed), so I'd wait and see on that one.

---

On the game.
With sand "puddles", thunderstorms, heavy rain at low light dawn (and filmic grading), they seem to be converging their overall direction with what Forza Horizon does well, which is offering "an enhanced experience" other than "a true to life" proposal.
It has worked a few times in the existence of the racing genre so I hope T10 succeeds at it.

Only thing I want to know about FM7, is if the game will still run at 60fps on the base xbox one. I will be getting an XoX (gonna preorder it tomorrow if my local game store are taking them), but I would still like to know the answer to that question before FM7's October release date. It is something that needs to be said, otherwise T10 could face yet another community backlash if it runs below 60fps on the base xbox one.

30 racing environments with more than 200 ribbons.

This is honestly rather disappointing. Ignoring the Top Gear track and including the Test track FM6 had 27 locations and with the new Dubai track there's 28. So we are either losing some other tracks or only getting 2 other new ones. :nervous:

I notice that they showcase Forza 7 with a Super GT car. A series sponsored by Gran Turismo and so far not seen in GTSport.

I wouldn't read anything into it. Notice it still lacks any "Autobacs" or "SuperGT" branding, just like it did in FM6 and FH3.

More info.

Customizable characters - over 300 character designs, loadout style pre-race screen, characters on podium post-race and in drivatars visible to friends

What’s more, each one of the five discrete pieces that makes up a character (the helmet, the suit, etc.) has its own 4K asset. Zoom in on a helmet and you’ll see realistic scuffs and smudges on the visor — and on some special helmets, signatures that look like they were just Sharpie-d on.

Players will be able to choose between everything from real race suits with HANS devices, to old-timey outfits with leather helmets, to some even goofier additions from pop culture. (Expect a lot of “era-specific inside jokes,” Lee laughs. “There's a lot of middle-aged people that work here.”) With Forza featuring real racing series like IndyCar and NASCAR, you can also expect to see some more iconic suits as well, set to be announced later this summer.

This is honestly rather disappointing. Ignoring the Top Gear track and including the Test track FM6 had 27 locations and with the new Dubai track there's 28. So we are either losing some other tracks or only getting 2 other new ones. :nervous:
Pacific Raceways is one probably... I'm curious about the Dubai mountain pass. Did they show how long it takes to lap It?

But yeah, only 30 tracks is quite concerning. That will be only half as many as PCARS 2... still around 12/13 more than GTS though lol

Yeah this concerned me too I was really hoping for at least 40 different tracks. Hopefully they dropped homestead speedway too and maybe ditch lime rock but man every other track needs to stay.

As for the physics, it's never good to judge from these demos since they are meant to exhibit/allow people to complete laps and get interested in the game. There was that Fanatec FFB thing about Forza (or so it was assumed), so I'd wait and see on that one.

The possible use of several assists in demo footage is one thing to keep in mind, yes.

That's indeed a small increase in numbers. Maybe it reveals that a lot of time has been spent making all environments dynamic. Why so many ribbons though? Several time of day versions?

More info.

Customizable characters - over 300 character designs, loadout style pre-race screen, characters on podium post-race and in drivatars visible to friends

What’s more, each one of the five discrete pieces that makes up a character (the helmet, the suit, etc.) has its own 4K asset. Zoom in on a helmet and you’ll see realistic scuffs and smudges on the visor — and on some special helmets, signatures that look like they were just Sharpie-d on.

Players will be able to choose between everything from real race suits with HANS devices, to old-timey outfits with leather helmets, to some even goofier additions from pop culture. (Expect a lot of “era-specific inside jokes,” Lee laughs. “There's a lot of middle-aged people that work here.”) With Forza featuring real racing series like IndyCar and NASCAR, you can also expect to see some more iconic suits as well, set to be announced later this summer.

Why Turn 10? Polyphony Digital already did something like this and who seriously cared?

Yeah this concerned me too I was really hoping for at least 40 different tracks. Hopefully they dropped homestead speedway too and maybe ditch lime rock but man every other track needs to stay.
Oi. Those are both boss tracks.

Lime Rock is like a mini Nurburgring and Homestead is the only oval that's any fun. Both Indy and Daytona are to big, sometimes even Homestead feels a bit empty.

I figured turn10 would definitely up the car roster by a few hundred which is nice let's just hope some car classes have expanded such as GT4, gtlm, and older gt cars.

29 with the Mugello seen in the E3 trailer. However, I don't remember seeing a Top Gear car pack for FH3, and that collaboration may have ended - this would likely mean losing Dunsfold, and we're back to 28 already. Still... 30 environments is nt exactly exciting!

that collaboration may have ended - this would likely mean losing Dunsfold, and we're back to 28 already. Still... 30 environments is nt exactly exciting!

Considering there was a The Grand Tour event in FH3 I would say that partnership is over.

Edit" There is also the test track in FM6 so including Dubai, Mugello and the FM6 tracks we are at 29. :nervous:

Latest Posts

Back