Forza (Not VS GT4)

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 1' started by TSi_Shiftz, Jan 9, 2005.

1. code_kev

code_kev

2. LaBounti

LaBounti

Those wheels(Enzo) dont look like 19's to me, is it safe to say Project Gotham Racing 2 has better looking cars? But im sure it wont matter since this game "will" play better.

3. livemusic

livemusic Premium

Not better, more sim like.

4. code_kev

code_kev

I still think PGR2 had some of the best looking cars I've ever seen in a game.

5. kinigitt

kinigitt

I agree. but the downside was that the great looking ones made the not-so-great-looking ones stick out even more.

that game played like a dream. It's still my favourite arcade racing game of all time. Burnout 3 held my interest for about 6 hours then I got sick of it, but I can still play PGR on time attack just for the pleasure of driving the cars.

6. RobcioPL

RobcioPL

Well I just played this game and the damage is phenominal. Tires tracks are left behind and car sounds are up to par. This is comming from a non XBOX fan.

7. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Yeah, I noticed the F40. It really didn't seem like one. It felt too...narrow. It just didn't seem wide enough or long enough like the real deal. But it was a pain in the arse to beat on the D.C. night course (The Tour 1 or 2).

8. code_kev

code_kev

Odd, I thought the F40 looked incredible on PGR2.

9. Raf Laureys

Raf Laureys

Guys, looking for a challenge while waiting for GT 4 or Forza? Try to win platinum with the Saleen at the two-lap Nurburgring race. You will need a bit of luck but it is possible. Great fun!

10. Raf Laureys

Raf Laureys

About Forza, judging by the latest screenshots, it looks like they are still making progress and things are starting to look really good now. Only the wheels remain a bit too small on some cars... I am really looking forward to this game and I don't really care wich game will be better. Both Forza and GT4 will be very, very good, no doubt about it. I only hope there will be replays with every run possible and I hope it will be possible to modify the classics to some degree . I'm thinking of removing the 300 SL's bumpers and adding vintage-style white numberdiscs and a few decals...

11. Akina Racer

Akina Racer

Project Gotham 2 was extremely addictive online. "ok, ok...one more race...I need the Kudos". Crazy! The damage was quite funny too and there were a lot of tracks. Forza looks like PGR2 but on race tracks with car mods. I'll most likely get this game to keep me occupied before GT4.

12. Dave A

Dave A Premium

How will Forza keep you occupied before GT4 when it's going to be released a couple of months at the earliest after GT4.

13. RobcioPL

RobcioPL

I totally agree with you about the wheels. I played the game and it is annoying with them being so small. The Z has 18's but they look like 15's.

14. Akina Racer

Akina Racer

I was under the impression that it was going to be released before GT4 untill I checked some kind of site. Either way I'll get them both.

15. McLaren

McLaren Premium

The Carrera GT shots look stunning. Notice the screens aren't very bright anymore, and that's probably b/c of the shadows. :tup:

I still say those pinewood trees look more azmazing than any tree GT4 has shown.

16. kinigitt

kinigitt

I have every platinum in the game (even in arcade race mode).

Yes, I like PGR2. :D

When I first got it, I had about half a dozen 1st place finishes on the scoreboards. I just checked some out and they're below 1000. :sick:

17. DRIFT GOD

DRIFT GOD

18. TSi_Shiftz

TSi_Shiftz

I love the white menus with the engine on the side.
    Those are beautiful.

19. TSi_Shiftz

TSi_Shiftz

I just ran a few laps on the demo, mind you first time I have played it, and ran a 1.48.989 at Leguna with the Lancer with AT and everything on.

20. Revheadnz

Revheadnz

Cool thanks for the new info DRIFT GOD. Look at this picture.

[​IMG]

See up in the top right hand corner? Rarity rating? Interesting. Something like a 250 GTO must have a 10 for that then.

And also, does anyone know what the little chassis picture on the side of this picture means? I haven't seen it in any other screenies. A damage meter perhaps?

[​IMG]

21. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Rareity rating will decrease and increase depending where on Earth you start.

Ex. Say, you start in Japan. The rarity for a 288 GTO will go up a lot.
    Now say you want a Skyline and are still Japan. Rarity for the Skyline is low due to your location.

Now, head to Europe. The 288 GTO drops some. The Skyline increase a little. Depending on your location will determine how rare your car is.

22. Revheadnz

Revheadnz

OK thanks that makes more sense now.

23. TSi_Shiftz

TSi_Shiftz

Being able to start anywhere in the world, that is a sweet feature. I am sure it will effect the price too?

24. McLaren

McLaren Premium

I'm sure it will.

25. cpl_richie

cpl_richie

Actually i remember one of the game's producers discussing this in a video. He said he felt that trading cars online will probably become a popular past time as people from different regions look to off load their excess cars in return for a car that maybe rare in their own region (ie someone in the USA trading their Corvette for a VX220 turbo with some guy in the UK.)

It's an interesting feature, I just hope it doesn't make particular cars near impossible to find if you're in the wrong region.

26. TSi_Shiftz

TSi_Shiftz

Well I am sure if your in Japanese. it is going to be near impossible to find say a Challenger but if your in the US I am sure finding a Mine's Skyline is going to be like riding a bike with no seat.

27. Dave A

Dave A Premium

Try finidng the TVR Speed 12 in the US, now that has to be a challenge.